U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users over OOXML

Ramon F Herrera

May 1, 2008, 5:39:51 PM5/1/08

This will have the effect of warning any government official of
questionable integrity: "Think twice before you take a bribe, you are
being watched".

http://www.news.com/U.K.-standards-body-taken-to-court-over-OOXML/2100-1013_3-6238739.html
http://tinyurl.com/6mtj4x

This is not the only lawsuit of its kind in Europe.

-RFH

Roy Schestowitz

May 2, 2008, 12:17:12 AM5/2/08
____/ Ramon F Herrera on Thursday 01 May 2008 22:39 : \____

That's just the beginning (I've helped with evidence, so I know the details).
Apart from similar actions in other countries you have Neelie and her
Commission with heavy fines and public whipping (well, embarrassment at least)
very likely.

As said recently, "if you fleed [sic] the rule, you'll get caught and it will
cost you *dearly*."

UK standards body taken to court over OOXML

,----[ Quote ]
| The British Standards Institution has been taken to court by a group of Unix
| users in an attempt to get the standards body to recant its approval of
| Microsoft's Office Open XML document format.
|
| The UK Unix & Open Systems User Group (UKUUG) said on Thursday that the
| British Standards Institution's (BSI's) controversial decision to vote for
| approval of OOXML in a recent International Organization for Standardization
| (ISO) ballot followed a flawed decision-making process.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39408917,00.htm

BSI faces High Court challenge over OOXML U-turn

,----[ Quote ]
| OSC director Mark Taylor told The Register that the UKUUG and chums
| were "very confident that the BSI has a case to answer". He claimed
| that "they haven’t followed procedures and we want them to explain their
| controversial actions".
|
| However, even if legal action against the BSI leads to the UK standards body
| being forced, in the form of mandatory orders, to withdraw its vote to the
| ISO, its impact could be muted.
|
| Taylor agreed: "Should the BSI be asked to remove its vote, that in itself
| probably won’t change the outcome."
|
| He added that the group hopes to see individuals in other countries mount
| similar challenges against national standards bodies in order to force the
| ISO to "sit up and take notice".
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/01/bsi_ooxml_vote_high_court/

There is very damning evidence in the UK. They wouldn't take it to court just
for presence or for 'fun'.

--
~~ Best of wishes

"Linux is a very complete and sophisticated operating system. And there is a
lot of work being done to improve it in and of itself, particularly to make it
easier to use and easier for people to set up on their personal computers."
--Paul Maritz, Microsoft

Moshe Goldfarb

May 2, 2008, 12:38:04 AM5/2/08
On Fri, 02 May 2008 05:17:12 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> That's just the beginning (I've helped with evidence, so I know the details).

So which one of the voices in your head gave you the information Roy
Schestowitz?

BTW just on the chance that you might have contributed something, which is
highly doubtful, I've taken the liberty of emailing the UK Standards Body
Lawyers with information all about you.
Everything from your self castration experiments to your odd sexual
preferences.
It's all in Google.
Gotta seed and index you know.....

This should be a lot of fun.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

Message has been deleted

TheLostPacket

May 2, 2008, 4:45:40 AM5/2/08
On May 2, 5:42 am, "Leslie Bassman" <Leslie.Bass...@flatfish.org>
wrote:
> Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)
>
> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/01/moshe-goldfarb-troll.htmlhttp://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html
> Traits:
>
> * Nym shifting (see below)
> * Self confessed thief and proud of it
> * Homophobic
> * Racist
> * Habitual liar
> * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
> * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

X-No--What?

Leslie Bassman
More options May 2, 5:42 am
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: "Leslie Bassman" <Leslie.Bass...@flatfish.org>
Date: 02 May 2008 04:42:14 GMT
Subject: Re: U.K. standards body taken to court by group of Unix users
over OOXML
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author

Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (May 9, 5:42 am).

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/01/moshe-goldfarb-troll.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html
Traits:

* Nym shifting (see below)
* Self confessed thief and proud of it
* Homophobic
* Racist
* Habitual liar
* Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related
newsgroups

If you post to a PUBLIC FORUM your message WILL be archived to bite
you in the arse in ten years. Or twenty. Or fifty.

Andrew Halliwell

May 2, 2008, 6:51:57 AM5/2/08
Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Everything from your self castration experiments to your odd sexual
> preferences.

Oh, and what "self castration experiments" or "deviant sexual practices" has
roy posted about?

YOU might have posted them in roy's name.
But we know for a fact you DIDN'T.
It was you or one of your cronies who did that and you damned well know it.

GOD you're scum.
Lowest for of life. Post inflamitory stuff about someone IN their name, and
then constantly drag it up later to attack them as if they themselves posted
it.

You, are an utter cunt.
--
| spi...@freenet.co.uk | |

Hadron

May 2, 2008, 7:28:51 AM5/2/08
Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> writes:

> Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Everything from your self castration experiments to your odd sexual
>> preferences.
>
> Oh, and what "self castration experiments" or "deviant sexual practices" has
> roy posted about?
>
> YOU might have posted them in roy's name.
> But we know for a fact you DIDN'T.
> It was you or one of your cronies who did that and you damned well know it.
>

> GOD you're scum.
> Lowest for of life. Post inflamitory stuff about someone IN their name, and
> then constantly drag it up later to attack them as if they themselves posted
> it.
>
> You, are an utter cunt.

One can only hope that you do not post under your real name.

Andrew Halliwell

May 2, 2008, 7:31:32 AM5/2/08
Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> wrote:
> Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Everything from your self castration experiments to your odd sexual
>> preferences.
>
> Oh, and what "self castration experiments" or "deviant sexual practices" has
> roy posted about?
>
> YOU might have posted them in roy's name.
> But we know for a fact you DIDN'T.

Pah, But we know for a fact HE didn't.
Grrrrr.

Cue hadron to pick holes in that stupid mistake...
^
--
| spi...@freenet.co.uk | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste! |

Andrew Halliwell

May 2, 2008, 7:33:49 AM5/2/08
Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> One can only hope that you do not post under your real name.

What's this?
Make your mind up, you lot complain all the time about people NOT posting
under their real names. What I say to you pillocks is entirely justified,
how I say it is my business and my business alone.

This is my time, if I did it in an employers time it'd be a different
matter. It's not one teeeeeensy weeeensy little bit of their business what I
do online in MY own time.

Hadron

May 2, 2008, 7:37:24 AM5/2/08
Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> writes:

> Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> One can only hope that you do not post under your real name.
>
> What's this?
> Make your mind up, you lot complain all the time about people NOT posting
> under their real names. What I say to you pillocks is entirely justified,
> how I say it is my business and my business alone.
>
> This is my time, if I did it in an employers time it'd be a different
> matter. It's not one teeeeeensy weeeensy little bit of their business what I
> do online in MY own time.

So you dont think being wrong all the time and using foul language is a
possible detriment to people's perception of you?

--
This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable.

Hadron

May 2, 2008, 7:38:25 AM5/2/08
Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> writes:

> Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> wrote:
>> Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Everything from your self castration experiments to your odd sexual
>>> preferences.
>>
>> Oh, and what "self castration experiments" or "deviant sexual practices" has
>> roy posted about?
>>
>> YOU might have posted them in roy's name.
>> But we know for a fact you DIDN'T.
>
> Pah, But we know for a fact HE didn't.
> Grrrrr.
>
> Cue hadron to pick holes in that stupid mistake...

Stupid mistake? It's like mistaking black and white.

Andrew Halliwell

May 2, 2008, 8:52:57 AM5/2/08
Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> So you dont think being wrong all the time and using foul language is a
> possible detriment to people's perception of you?

I'm wrong far less often than you are.
And as for my language, anyone witnessing your (and your "friends")
behaviour here will see the language as perfectly justified.

Hadron

May 2, 2008, 11:59:46 AM5/2/08
Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> writes:

> Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> So you dont think being wrong all the time and using foul language is a
>> possible detriment to people's perception of you?
>>

> I'm wrong far less often than you are.

Erm, no you're not. You are wrong is just about every technical debate
you have taken part in.

> And as for my language, anyone witnessing your (and your "friends")
> behaviour here will see the language as perfectly justified.

Friends? What are you talking about? You're going a bit loony old chap -
try taking a holiday or something.

chrisv

May 2, 2008, 12:36:07 PM5/2/08
Andrew Halliwell wrote:

>Hadron quacked:

>> So you dont think being wrong all the time and using foul language is a
>> possible detriment to people's perception of you?
>
>I'm wrong far less often than you are.

Well, that's not saying much. The Quack asshole makes a complete
jackass on a regular basis, taking the *clearly* wrong side of the
issues, just so that he can troll.

About the only time the Quack fsckwit is correct is when he makes a
trivially obvious "point", like "Linux is not perfect" (which he will
almost inevitably follow with a blatant LIE about advocates not
understanding the trivial point).

>And as for my language, anyone witnessing your (and your "friends")
>behaviour here will see the language as perfectly justified.

Exactly. The fsckwitted asshole gets what he deserves.

Andrew Halliwell

May 2, 2008, 12:28:22 PM5/2/08
Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Friends? What are you talking about? You're going a bit loony old chap -
> try taking a holiday or something.

No, "Friends", note the quote marks, indicating that although you tend to
side with flatty and co, you can't really call them friends, cos they'd turn
on you the moment you said anything nice about linux...
As unlikely as that is.

and yet again, the density of the hadron is conformed to be EXTREMELY.
--
| spi...@freenet.co.uk | |

chrisv

May 2, 2008, 3:13:26 PM5/2/08
Andrew Halliwell wrote:

>Hadron quacked:
>>

>> Friends? What are you talking about? You're going a bit loony old chap -
>> try taking a holiday or something.
>
>No, "Friends", note the quote marks, indicating that although you tend to
>side with flatty and co, you can't really call them friends, cos they'd turn
>on you the moment you said anything nice about linux...
>As unlikely as that is.
>
>and yet again, the density of the hadron is conformed to be EXTREMELY.

If the Quack asshole sees any way to misinterpret what you wrote, so
that he can attack you in some way, he'll do it - even if his
reasoning is so blatantly stupid that he makes a complete jackass of
himself in the process.

Metaphorically speaking, he'll take a kick to the nads, just so that
he can tweak your nose.

Sinister Midget

May 2, 2008, 9:20:20 PM5/2/08
On 2008-05-02, Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> claimed:

> Cue hadron to pick holes in that stupid mistake...

Who?

--
When you boil it down to the essentials, it's because Linux is
designed to be *used* and Windows is designed to be *sold*.

DFS

May 2, 2008, 11:04:16 PM5/2/08
Sinister Midget wrote:

> When you boil it down to the essentials, it's because Linux is
> designed to be *used* and Windows is designed to be *sold*.

Then Linux fails miserably at its design goals, and Windows succeeds
admirably at its'.

Linonut

May 3, 2008, 9:51:31 AM5/3/08
* Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

> On 2008-05-02, Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> claimed:
>
>> Cue hadron to pick holes in that stupid mistake...
>
> Who?

The guy who likes to be my bitch.

--
I have to say that in 1981, making those decisions, I felt like I was
providing enough freedom for 10 years. That is, a move from 64k to 640k felt

Hadron

May 3, 2008, 11:27:02 AM5/3/08
Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> writes:

> Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Friends? What are you talking about? You're going a bit loony old chap -
>> try taking a holiday or something.
>
> No, "Friends", note the quote marks, indicating that although you tend to
> side with flatty and co, you can't really call them friends, cos
> they'd turn

Only when I agree with them. Which is generally when it comes to
pointing out the flaws in the arguments put out by thickies like you.

> on you the moment you said anything nice about linux...
> As unlikely as that is.
>
> and yet again, the density of the hadron is conformed to be EXTREMELY.

Googling up what a Hadron is does not make you shine like a sun you
know.

--
< DanielS> still, throne of blood sounds like a movie about overfiend
and virgins or some crap

Andrew Halliwell

May 3, 2008, 2:51:05 PM5/3/08
Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Googling up what a Hadron is does not make you shine like a sun you
> know.

Googling? The only hadron who's density was in question was yours.
MORON.
| spi...@freenet.co.uk |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|
| in |good to you so far... |

Hadron

May 3, 2008, 3:56:58 PM5/3/08
Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> writes:

> Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Googling up what a Hadron is does not make you shine like a sun you
>> know.
>>

> Googling? The only hadron who's density was in question was yours.
> MORON.

It was? Actually it wasn't. You made a statement. You did not pose a
question. Do you ever get *anything* right?

And BTW it's "confirmed" not "conformed".

--
XP is a flop and when users are still asking for W98 it shows that they
aren't all taken in with the MS hype.

TheLostPacket

May 3, 2008, 5:50:32 PM5/3/08
On May 3, 8:56 pm, Hadron <hadronqu...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> And BTW it's "confirmed" not "conformed".

int it amayzin hou kwikli a debait on yewsnett devolvs intu a raot on
spelin or gramatikul erarz.

- or (in case you felt the downdraft of that one) -

Isn't it amazing, how quickly a debate on Usenet devolves into a rout
on spelling or grammatical errors?

Is this one called, then? Game, set and match? Or is it to be dildos
at dawn? Handbags at forty paces?

Don't worry, it'll all get posted to Youtube when the blood's dried
enough to handle the camera...