The Real Gary M Stewart, in Case Someone Wants to Sue Him the Fish

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 3, 2009, 1:27:07 PM2/3/09

Hey Gary,

How are you feeling? Okay?

How's that flatfish?

Remember Merril Lynch and Smith Barney?

Many of you worked on those accounts.

You would often, like every day, get take out chicken from a truck which parked
in front of Smith Barney and devour it. The chicken, not the truck! The truck
was filthy and several people ended up getting very sick, never to eat there
again, but it didn't seem to affect you at all. Your buddies used to joke
that a germ wouldn't stand a chance in your fat body.

How do I know? Someone told me.

"Seeing that you are still alive," he said "it seems we were better at
predicting the future than we thought. Gary was always one of those types of
people where the lightning bolts would strike all around him, destroy everyone
else but never singe him."

Sounds like a perfect recollection. Right, Gary?

Let's get more personal.

- --------
I Thought you might like to know a little about your uber troll Gary Stewart. I
used to work with him as a consultant to IBM back in the late seventies and at
that time he was one nasty person who would do anything to get ahead in the
company we worked for including selling his co-workers down the river when he
could get away with it. The company was really a sub-company of IBM but we
were billing IBM even though we effectively worked for IBM. Ultimately IBM
spun the company off as TSS (Technology Systems Services) and let most of us
go. I went to work for one of IBM's clients where I still work to this day
although retirement is looming assuming I don't get fired due to the awful
economy.

Gary ended up going to work for Amdahl in the early eighties and
finally was fired from that company under a cloud of suspicion.
It seems that computer telcom equipment was disappearing from the
customer shipping inventory and somehow being directed to fake address
he had set up. It was rumored that he was at the time running some
kind of online dating service with a BBS of some sorts. I was never
able to confirm this however I heard that Amdahl asked him to leave
quietly and they would not prosecute him. I don't know for sure what
he did though but the above is what we heard from the grape vine.

I lost track of Gary up until last year when I ran into a mutual
colleague at a convention and we started telling war stories and
Gary's name came up. As it turns out, his parents left him a small
fortune in real estate consisting of several run down tenements in NYC
as well as Camden N.J. which he rents out to social services recipients
for whatever the going rate is. He has them managed by property
agents, does only the minimum repairs on them and sits back and
watches the money roll in. From what I have been told he has become
very wealthy because of his real estate business. He was married at
one time and had 4 children which based on his approximate age are all
grown up by now.

Gary would be approaching 60 years old or so from what I know. My
former colleague heard that his wife left him due to his clandestine
anonymous homosexual encounters as a cross dresser. We all knew that
he liked to swing both ways and back then it was pre-AIDS so random
encounters like that were not life threatening like they are now. He
showed up at a Halloween party once dressed as Jane Mansfield
complete with fake breasts. He looked like a complete fool because he
is a big man towering tall at 6 feet 4 at least and quite overweight.
At some point during the party one of his fake breasts broke and the water
sprayed all over him. We didn't know if we should laugh or cry but the company
had a policy of not gossiping about what went on a parties so it was forgotten
at least at work.

Last my colleague heard, Gary was living somewhere in Massachusetts
near Hyannis Port but I took a look online and don't see him listed in
the phone directory for that area. Honestly I am surprised he is still alive
because he was always in very bad health due to his obesity. Gary weighed in
at 300 lbs easily when I last saw him. I'm a poor judge of weight and age but
he barely fit through the elevator doors that's how large he was. That is all
I know about Gary Stewart except what I have read on Google which is where I
saw your name as well. You may or may not know all this information already
but I just thought you might not realize that he is a very sick individual.

Respectfully,

Anonymous
- --------

X-No-Archive?

No, thank you.

Tim Smith

Feb 3, 2009, 3:10:43 PM2/3/09

Nice stalking, Roy.

--
--Tim Smith

Doug Mentohl

Feb 3, 2009, 3:34:38 PM2/3/09
Tim Smith wrote:

> Nice stalking, Roy.

Excuse me :>

'And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but
considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?'

Ezekiel

Feb 3, 2009, 3:40:55 PM2/3/09

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message

Roy Schestowitz and his 'anonymous email from a reliable source' bullshite.

Let's see some actual *proof* wanker. Not this usual BS that internet scum
like you hide behind.

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 3, 2009, 3:56:03 PM2/3/09
Ezekiel wrote:

< snip >

> Roy Schestowitz and his 'anonymous email from a reliable source'
> bullshite.
>
> Let's see some actual *proof* wanker. Not this usual BS that internet
> scum like you hide behind.

This is rich, coming from a coward hiding behind an anonymous handle
--
Windows was created to keep stupid people away from UNIX."
-- Tom Christiansen

Sermo Malifer

Feb 3, 2009, 4:02:00 PM2/3/09
Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> Ezekiel wrote:
>

> < snip >
>
>> Roy Schestowitz and his 'anonymous email from a reliable source'
>> bullshite.
>>
>> Let's see some actual *proof* wanker. Not this usual BS that internet
>> scum like you hide behind.
>
> This is rich, coming from a coward hiding behind an anonymous handle

Are you sure you want to label everybody who posts with an anonymous
handle as a coward?

Ezekiel

Feb 3, 2009, 4:06:05 PM2/3/09

"Peter Köhlmann" <peter.k...@arcor.de> wrote in message

> Ezekiel wrote:
>

> < snip >
>
>> Roy Schestowitz and his 'anonymous email from a reliable source'
>> bullshite.
>>
>> Let's see some actual *proof* wanker. Not this usual BS that internet
>> scum like you hide behind.
>
> This is rich, coming from a coward hiding behind an anonymous handle

I'm not /hiding/ behind anything. I just don't want some Linux dirtbag
hounding me, my family or my employer. Your ilk has a history of engaging in
this sort of scum behavior.

Don't let the fact that around half of your fellow "advocates" use a
anonymous handle. And I don't believe for a second that names like "Willy
Poaster" or "Peter Koelhmann" are real people either. Anyone can make up a
fake name and claim it's real.

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 3, 2009, 4:07:38 PM2/3/09
Sermo Malifer wrote:

No. But it *is* rich when a anonymous coward like "Ezekiel" goes after a
poster who does not post anonymous at all with bullshit like "hiding
behind..."

It is nearly Hadronesque
--
Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
Let it get in YOUR way. The problem for your problem.

Sermo Malifer

Feb 3, 2009, 4:18:31 PM2/3/09
Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> Sermo Malifer wrote:
>
>> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>>

>>> < snip >

>>> This is rich, coming from a coward hiding behind an anonymous handle
>> Are you sure you want to label everybody who posts with an anonymous
>> handle as a coward?
>
> No. But it *is* rich when a anonymous coward like "Ezekiel" goes after a
> poster who does not post anonymous at all with bullshit like "hiding
> behind..."
>
> It is nearly Hadronesque

But is somebody citing "Ezekiel" as a source the way Roy is citing
"anonymous email from a reliable source?" How can a source be both
reliable and anonymous?

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 3, 2009, 4:18:33 PM2/3/09
Ezekiel wrote:

Except that mine *is* real
Google for Ralf Browns Interrupt List and search my name.
You will find it attached to interrupt extensions of the V20-BIOS I wrote

try a search string like "ct Koehlmann interrupt"

I simply don't feel like hiding behind a anonymous handle like you cowared
do. And don't come with that bullshit of "hounding me, my family or my
employer"
This is a tactic which would far better fit to cretinous cowards like you.
After all, you feel "safe" behind your anonymity
--
Support your local Search and Rescue unit -- get lost.

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 3, 2009, 4:21:42 PM2/3/09
Sermo Malifer wrote:

"Deep Throat" was anonymous until recently. And he was certainly reliable
enough to hunt down a US president.
It always depends on the trust earned (or not) by giving reliable
information consistently.
--
"Last I checked, it wasn't the power cord for the Clue Generator that
was sticking up your ass." - John Novak, rasfwrj

Snit

Feb 3, 2009, 4:24:45 PM2/3/09
Peter Köhlmann stated in post
4988b4aa$0$31880$9b4e...@newsspool3.arcor-online.net on 2/3/09 2:18 PM:

>>> This is rich, coming from a coward hiding behind an anonymous handle
>>
>> I'm not /hiding/ behind anything. I just don't want some Linux dirtbag
>> hounding me, my family or my employer. Your ilk has a history of engaging
>> in this sort of scum behavior.
>>
>> Don't let the fact that around half of your fellow "advocates" use a
>> anonymous handle. And I don't believe for a second that names like "Willy
>> Poaster" or "Peter Koelhmann" are real people either. Anyone can make up
>> a fake name and claim it's real.
>
> Except that mine *is* real

Maybe. Maybe not. Who cares?

> Google for Ralf Browns Interrupt List and search my name.
> You will find it attached to interrupt extensions of the V20-BIOS I wrote

Or the name of a person you are claiming to be. Who cares?

> try a search string like "ct Koehlmann interrupt"
>
> I simply don't feel like hiding behind a anonymous handle like you cowared do.
> And don't come with that bullshit of "hounding me, my family or my employer"

Well, you *have* done that... to me, specifically. And you have seen others
do so to me... and worse.

> This is a tactic which would far better fit to cretinous cowards like you.
> After all, you feel "safe" behind your anonymity

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Feb 3, 2009, 4:25:34 PM2/3/09
Peter Köhlmann stated in post
4988b566$0$31880$9b4e...@newsspool3.arcor-online.net on 2/3/09 2:21 PM:

>>> No. But it *is* rich when a anonymous coward like "Ezekiel" goes after a
>>> poster who does not post anonymous at all with bullshit like "hiding
>>> behind..."
>>>
>>> It is nearly Hadronesque
>>
>> But is somebody citing "Ezekiel" as a source the way Roy is citing
>> "anonymous email from a reliable source?" How can a source be both
>> reliable and anonymous?
>
> "Deep Throat" was anonymous until recently. And he was certainly reliable
> enough to hunt down a US president.
> It always depends on the trust earned (or not) by giving reliable
> information consistently.

Well, there you have it: you are not a reliable source. Want a list of
"errors" you have made... pretty much every time you try to correct me. :)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Sermo Malifer

Feb 3, 2009, 4:29:11 PM2/3/09

But "Deep Throat" had information that could be verified. The
president wasn't brought down by anonymous claims alone.

Sermo Malifer

Feb 3, 2009, 4:30:31 PM2/3/09

Isn't there even one thread you won't make into being about you?

Ezekiel

Feb 3, 2009, 4:34:22 PM2/3/09

> Ezekiel wrote:
>

>> "Peter Khlmann" <peter.k...@arcor.de> wrote in message

>>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>>

>>> < snip >

>>> This is rich, coming from a coward hiding behind an anonymous handle
>>
>> I'm not /hiding/ behind anything. I just don't want some Linux dirtbag
>> hounding me, my family or my employer. Your ilk has a history of engaging
>> in this sort of scum behavior.
>>
>> Don't let the fact that around half of your fellow "advocates" use a
>> anonymous handle. And I don't believe for a second that names like "Willy
>> Poaster" or "Peter Koelhmann" are real people either. Anyone can make up
>> a fake name and claim it's real.
>
> Except that mine *is* real

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

> Google for Ralf Browns Interrupt List and search my name.
> You will find it attached to interrupt extensions of the V20-BIOS I wrote

The NEC V-20 is what... 25 years old. Even a nitwit like you could find an
old name from the 1980's and claim that it's you.

> try a search string like "ct Koehlmann interrupt"

Which proves nothing.

> I simply don't feel like hiding behind a anonymous handle like you cowared
> do. And don't come with that bullshit of "hounding me, my family or my
> employer"

It's not bullshit. Ask your fellow scum Mark S. Bilk how he harrassed a
posters employer in an effort to get him fired. The evidence and admission
is right here in COLA. Your fellow cretin Bilk is even proud of what he did.

Then there's journalists like Laura Diado who have been harrased at work and
home by you so called "advocates."

> This is a tactic which would far better fit to cretinous cowards like you.

Yet I've never done anything like this. And it's your fellow coward scum
"advocates" who have openly done so and are proud of it.

> After all, you feel "safe" behind your anonymity

I try to keep as far away from you scumbag advocates the same way I keep
away from the passed-out subway bum who urinated himself. The only
difference between your type and the bum is that you "advocates" are
hypocrites.

Snit

Feb 3, 2009, 4:34:23 PM2/3/09
Sermo Malifer stated in post gmad1n$aom$2...@news.albasani.net on 2/3/09 2:30
PM:

About me? What? I am talking about Peter's unsupported claim that it is
the norm for X to lose the clipboard when you quit a program.

I am not Peter.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Sermo Malifer

Feb 3, 2009, 4:42:43 PM2/3/09
Snit wrote:
> Sermo Malifer stated in post gmad1n$aom$2...@news.albasani.net on 2/3/09 2:30
> PM:
>
>> Snit wrote:
>>> Peter Köhlmann stated in post
>>> 4988b566$0$31880$9b4e...@newsspool3.arcor-online.net on 2/3/09 2:21 PM:

>>> Well, there you have it: you are not a reliable source. Want a list of
>>> "errors" you have made... pretty much every time you try to correct me. :)
>> Isn't there even one thread you won't make into being about you?
>
> About me? What?

Read the sentence above my question.

> I am talking about Peter's unsupported claim that it is
> the norm for X to lose the clipboard when you quit a program.

No you're not. You're hi-jacking another thread.

> I am not Peter.

The garbage you post already established that.

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 3, 2009, 4:55:02 PM2/3/09
Ezekiel wrote:

Here, a (small) part of the V20-BIOS source code.
It is the part where a Hercules Graphics card is set up to simulate the
graphics of a CGA card (and don't tell me it isn't possible. It is, and
the apps (mostly games) did not notice a thing). Be aware that the
V20-BIOS was the only one available which could do such a feat
I can also supply the sources of AT-BIOS for 286, 386 and 486 class
machines. All with features nowhere else to be found

BUF_UPD:
MOV BX,DS:1CH ;TAIL-PTR
MOV SI,BX
BUF_U: CLI
INC BX
INC BX
CMP BX,DS:82H ;BUFFER-END
JNZ COMP_HEAD
MOV BX,DS:80H ;BUFFER-START
COMP_HEAD:
CMP BX,DS:1AH ;HEAD-PTR
STI
RET

VIDEO_MODE:
MOV DX,3D4H
XOR BL,BL
XCHG AH,BYTE PTR DS:ACTIVE ;see if Emulator on
CMP AH,'h'
JB VID_MOD1 ;NO EMULATOR-MODE ACTIV
MOV SI,OFFSET GR_PARA1
JZ IS_H
MOV SI,OFFSET GR_PARAS
IS_H: PUSH AX
CBW
CMP AL,4 ;TEST FOR ALL COLOR-TEXT-MODI
JB TEXT_MODE
CMP AL,7 ;TEST FOR MONO-TEXT
JNB TEXT_MODE

GRAPHIC:
AND BYTE PTR DS:10H,0EFH ;SET BIOS-FLAG TO COLOR
MOV DL,0BFH ;CONFIG-PORT
PUSH AX
MOV AL,3
OUT DX,AL
POP AX
INT 10H ;SET VIDEO MODE
PUSH DS
PUSH CS
POP DS
MOV DL,0B4H
MOV CX,(OFFSET GR_PARAS - GR_PARA1)
CALL M6845_INIT
POP DS
MOV AL,BYTE PTR DS:CUR_SCR_MODE ;GET VALUES FOR GRAPH
AND AL,0CH
OR AL,93H ;DISPLAY B800,GRAPH-MODE
MOV BYTE PTR DS:CUR_SCR_MODE,AL
AND AL,0F7H ;DISPLAY IS OFF
MOV DL,0B8H ;MODE_CTRL_REG
OUT DX,AL
LOOP $ ;WAIT A BIT UNTIL SCREEN IS SETTLED
OR AL,8 ;SCREEN ON
MOV BYTE PTR DS:65H,AL
JMP SHORT EMUL_END

TEXT_MODE:
OR BYTE PTR DS:10H,30H ;SET BIOS-FLAG TO MONO
INT 10H
XOR AL,AL
MOV DL,0BFH ;CONFIG-PORT
OUT DX,AL
MOV AL,BYTE PTR DS:CUR_SCR_MODE
AND AL,4
OR AL,29H
MOV DL,0B8H ;MODE_CTRL_REG
EMUL_END:
MOV BYTE PTR DS:CUR_SCR_MODE,AL
OUT DX,AL
POP AX
XCHG AH,BYTE PTR DS:ACTIVE
JMP VIDEO_EXIT

< snip >
--
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
-- Groucho Marx

Terry Porter

Feb 3, 2009, 5:16:58 PM2/3/09
Tim Smith wrote:

> Nice stalking, Roy.

I noticed your lack of comment when anonymous trolls here posted my alleged
personal details, some might think your actions a little hypocritical.

In fact your criticism of Roy at every opportunity, reeks of stalking in
itself.

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 3, 2009, 5:17:24 PM2/3/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Nice stalking, Roy.

It doesn't sound like Roy's posting style at all, though.

--
A diplomat is a man who can convince his wife she'd look stout in a fur coat.

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 3, 2009, 5:40:40 PM2/3/09

Sermo Malifer

Feb 3, 2009, 5:56:47 PM2/3/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Terry Porter on Tuesday 03 February 2009 22:16 : \____
>

>> Tim Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Nice stalking, Roy.
>>>

>> I noticed your lack of comment when anonymous trolls here posted my alleged
>> personal details, some might think your actions a little hypocritical.
>>

>> In fact your criticism of Roy at every opportunity, reeks of stalking in
>> itself.
>
> No stalking. I was contacted by someone and I verified the correctness at a
> more shallow level. Gary "Sermo Malifer" Steward did nothing to deny it.

It appears I've made an enemy of Roy because I asked him to supply a
source for one of his quotes, and when he failed that, to supply the
names of the "respected journalists" he claimed validated the quote by
repeating it.

William Poaster

Feb 3, 2009, 6:07:45 PM2/3/09
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 22:18:33 +0100, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, Peter Köhlmann was heard to say:

> Ezekiel wrote:
>

>> "Peter Köhlmann" <peter.k...@arcor.de> wrote in message
>>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>>

>>> < snip >

>>> This is rich, coming from a coward hiding behind an anonymous handle
>>
>> I'm not /hiding/ behind anything. I just don't want some Linux dirtbag
>> hounding me, my family or my employer. Your ilk has a history of
>> engaging in this sort of scum behavior.
>>
>> Don't let the fact that around half of your fellow "advocates" use a
>> anonymous handle. And I don't believe for a second that names like
>> "Willy Poaster" or "Peter Koelhmann" are real people either. Anyone can
>> make up a fake name and claim it's real.

Interesting that the troll didn't include any of his fellow trolls, like
half-wit Hadron, as examples.

Snit

Feb 3, 2009, 6:54:40 PM2/3/09
Sermo Malifer stated in post gmadoj$c13$1...@news.albasani.net on 2/3/09 2:42
PM:

>> I am talking about Peter's unsupported claim that it is
>> the norm for X to lose the clipboard when you quit a program.
>
> No you're not.

You are not my spokesperson.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Sinister Midget

Feb 3, 2009, 6:54:04 PM2/3/09
On 2009-02-03, Terry Porter <lin...@netspace.net.au> claimed:

> Tim Smith wrote:
>

>> Nice stalking, Roy.
>>

> I noticed your lack of comment when anonymous trolls here posted my alleged
> personal details, some might think your actions a little hypocritical.
>

> In fact your criticism of Roy at every opportunity, reeks of stalking in
> itself.

Timmy never takes on the trolls for what they do. The times he pretends
to do so it's like when Erik does it: pick a random Flatfart nym making
one of the most disgusting posts imaginable and say something really
deeap, like, "Grow up," or "You really shouldn't do that." It's not a
coincidence either. Timmy would like to supplant Erik as Microsoft's
FUDman of the Year.

--
VISTA: Very Idiotic Software Trashing Applications

cc

Feb 3, 2009, 7:12:48 PM2/3/09
On Feb 3, 1:27 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> Hey Gary,

As believable as the stories that you cut off your own penis. You know
it's a fake when they go down the gay route.

Tim Smith

Feb 3, 2009, 7:48:50 PM2/3/09
In article <Xg3il.511$Qc....@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,

Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:

> It doesn't sound like Roy's posting style at all, though.

It's signed with Roy's PGP key.

--
--Tim Smith

High Plains Thumper

Feb 3, 2009, 9:02:14 PM2/3/09
Sermo Malifer wrote:
> Snit wrote:
>> Sermo Malifer:

>>> Isn't there even one thread you won't make into being
>>> about you?
>>
>> About me? What?
>
> Read the sentence above my question.
>
>> I am talking about Peter's unsupported claim that it is the
>> norm for X to lose the clipboard when you quit a program.
>
> No you're not. You're hi-jacking another thread.
>
>> I am not Peter.
>
> The garbage you post already established that.

That garbage you refer to is commonly known as the Snit Circus.

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati

High Plains Thumper

Feb 3, 2009, 9:10:06 PM2/3/09
William Poaster wrote:
> Peter Köhlmann was heard to say:
>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>> "Peter Köhlmann" wrote...

>>> I'm not /hiding/ behind anything. I just don't want some
>>> Linux dirtbag hounding me, my family or my employer. Your
>>> ilk has a history of engaging in this sort of scum
>>> behavior.
>>>
>>> Don't let the fact that around half of your fellow
>>> "advocates" use a anonymous handle. And I don't believe
>>> for a second that names like "Willy Poaster" or "Peter
>>> Koelhmann" are real people either. Anyone can make up a
>>> fake name and claim it's real.
>
> Interesting that the troll didn't include any of his fellow
> trolls, like half-wit Hadron, as examples.

or Gary (flatfish) and nyms
or Snit (Michael Glasser and nyms
or Level3.net troll and nyms
or ad nauseum ....

7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

[quote]
45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux
propagandist transgressions. Always criticize the behavior of
Linux Advocates, but, ignore the same and even worse
transgressions are being committed by your fellow Trespassers.
[/quote]

Snit

Feb 3, 2009, 10:03:30 PM2/3/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 4988f900$0$3337$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org
on 2/3/09 7:10 PM:

You keep making accusations of my using different names.

Care to *try* to back them up?

Of course not... you are just lying... and right now you are lying more than
your norm because you are embarrassed at your inability to replicate what I
show, quite clearly!, in these videos:

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/copy-paste.mov>
<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/copy-paste2.mov>

You got so embarrassed you accused me for forging those! And now you accuse
me of forging other names.

Poor HPT... you have no leg to stand on so you just make up stories.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 3, 2009, 10:17:52 PM2/3/09
this bit o' wisdom:

--
QOTD:
Talent does what it can, genius what it must.

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 3, 2009, 10:37:22 PM2/3/09

Erik Funkenbusch

Feb 4, 2009, 12:47:27 AM2/4/09
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:25:20 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>> In article <Xg3il.511$Qc....@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It doesn't sound like Roy's posting style at all, though.
>>
>> It's signed with Roy's PGP key.
>
> So what?
>
> Well, I know now that Roy sent it. But the PGP key means nothing.
>
> Just about every part of a post can be faked, with the right ISP.
>
> I don't like what Roy did; it sounded out-of-character. I hope it is just
> an aberration. We'll see.

No, it just proves that Roy is no different from those he claims to abhor.
That he participates in, and condones the very things he accuses others of.

It doesn't matter anyways, Roy has proven much of this by his actions in
the past. Willfully disregarding copyright, Accusing others of things
which are patently untrue, and when confronted with facts that refute his
claims refusing to retract them. And of course, willfully disregarding
anything which doesn't agree with his view of reality.

No, thi is not "out-of-character". It's just the first opportunity he's
had to do something like this. That's all.

Erik Funkenbusch

Feb 4, 2009, 12:57:38 AM2/4/09
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:27:07 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Hey Gary,
>
> How are you feeling? Okay?

The joke is most likely on you, Roy.

If what I suspect is true, Gary "leaked" that information to you to prove
the point that you will "publish" without any kind of fact checking
anything that fits your view of reality.

Doesn't it all seem a little convenient, that someone who, admittedly
barely knew the guy happened to have have all this background information
and then just so happened to be trawling google looking for his name?
Then, telling it all as if it were a biography, knowing things like how
much money he makes years after he had ever even seen him...

Uh huh... yeah.

You've been trolled, Roy, and it's a grand one. You've just proven him
right, as well as all the people who question your journalistic integrity.

Erik Funkenbusch

Feb 4, 2009, 1:10:21 AM2/4/09

Oh, and by the way, you know what the real tell-tale of it being a
fabrication is? He claims that someone 6'4" and 300 pounds is "so obese he
can barely fit through the elevator doors".

While certainly someone 6'4" and 300 pounds is considered obese (assuming
it's not all muscle), it's oly a BMI of 36.5, which places them pretty low
in the obesity scale. Think someone like a tall Tom Arnold or Jack Black.
To be so large as the "anonymous" author claimed, it would have to be the
worlds smallest elevator or someone more the size of Michael Moore, Ruben
Stoddard or larger, and would easily top out over 450 pounds and a BMI of
50 or more at 6'4".

I'd ask how it feels to be Trolled, Roy.. but you're successfully trolled
by other Linux users every day.

Tim Smith

Feb 4, 2009, 1:41:41 AM2/4/09
In article <1M7il.603$Mu5...@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:

> > In article <Xg3il.511$Qc....@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
> > Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> It doesn't sound like Roy's posting style at all, though.
> >
> > It's signed with Roy's PGP key.
>
> So what?
>
> Well, I know now that Roy sent it. But the PGP key means nothing.
>
> Just about every part of a post can be faked, with the right ISP.

You can't fake someone's PGP signature without access to their private
key, even with the right ISP, as the ISP doesn't have access to the
private key.

--
--Tim Smith

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 7:19:04 AM2/4/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:25:20 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> I don't like what Roy did; it sounded out-of-character. I hope it is just
>> an aberration. We'll see.
>
> No, it just proves that Roy is no different from those he claims to abhor.
> That he participates in, and condones the very things he accuses others of.

I wouldn't talk, "Out 'em!" boy.

> It doesn't matter anyways, Roy has proven much of this by his actions in
> the past. Willfully disregarding copyright, Accusing others of things
> which are patently untrue, and when confronted with facts that refute his
> claims refusing to retract them. And of course, willfully disregarding
> anything which doesn't agree with his view of reality.
>
> No, thi is not "out-of-character". It's just the first opportunity he's
> had to do something like this. That's all.

So what's your take on the "Roy's testicles" stories?

--
<Knghtbrd> Feanor - license issues are important. If we don't watch our
arses now, someone's gonna come up and bite us later...

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 7:23:04 AM2/4/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <1M7il.603$Mu5...@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

What did you see in my post?

How many times have you bothered to verify the signing in any COLA newsgroup
message?

--
Whenever people agree with me, I always think I must be wrong.
-- Oscar Wilde

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 7:24:47 AM2/4/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:27:07 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Hey Gary,
>>
>> How are you feeling? Okay?
>
> The joke is most likely on you, Roy.

Uncertainty noted.

> If what I suspect is true, Gary "leaked" that information to you to prove
> the point that you will "publish" without any kind of fact checking
> anything that fits your view of reality.

Uncertainty noted.

> Doesn't it all seem a little convenient, that someone who, admittedly
> barely knew the guy happened to have have all this background information
> and then just so happened to be trawling google looking for his name?
> Then, telling it all as if it were a biography, knowing things like how
> much money he makes years after he had ever even seen him...
>
> Uh huh... yeah.
>
> You've been trolled, Roy, and it's a grand one. You've just proven him
> right, as well as all the people who question your journalistic integrity.

Certainty noted.

So, I take it /you/ are Deep Throat in this case?

--
Whenever someone tells you to take their advice, you can be pretty sure
that they're not using it.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 7:25:47 AM2/4/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> I'd ask how it feels to be Trolled, Roy.. but you're successfully trolled

> by other Linux users every day.

Huh?

--
To every Ph.D. there is an equal and opposite Ph.D.
-- B. Duggan

cc

Feb 4, 2009, 7:40:56 AM2/4/09
On Feb 4, 1:10 am, Erik Funkenbusch <e...@despam-funkenbusch.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 00:57:38 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
> > On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:27:07 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> >> Hey Gary,
>
> >> How are you feeling? Okay?
>
> > The joke is most likely on you, Roy.
>
> > If what I suspect is true, Gary "leaked" that information to you to prove
> > the point that you will "publish" without any kind of fact checking
> > anything that fits your view of reality.
>
> > Doesn't it all seem a little convenient, that someone who, admittedly
> > barely knew the guy happened to have have all this background information
> > and then just so happened to be trawling google looking for his name?
> > Then, telling it all as if it were a biography, knowing things like how
> > much money he makes years after he had ever even seen him...
>
> > Uh huh... yeah.
>
> > You've been trolled, Roy, and it's a grand one.  You've just proven him
> > right, as well as all the people who question your journalistic integrity.
>
> Oh, and by the way, you know what the real tell-tale of it being a
> fabrication is?  He claims that someone 6'4" and 300 pounds is "so obese he
> can barely fit through the elevator doors".
>
> While certainly someone 6'4" and 300 pounds is considered obese (assuming
> it's not all muscle), it's oly a BMI of 36.5, which places them pretty low
> in the obesity scale.  Think someone like a tall Tom Arnold or Jack Black.

Jack Black is 5'7".

Don Zeigler

Feb 4, 2009, 7:51:36 AM2/4/09
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> Oh, and by the way, you know what the real tell-tale of it being a
> fabrication is? He claims that someone 6'4" and 300 pounds is "so obese he
> can barely fit through the elevator doors".

I can vouch for that not being so. I'm 6' 2" and weigh 240. I could stand to
lose 20 lbs but I'm not obese by any stretch of the imagination.
--
D.A.M. ...... Mothers Against Dyslexia.

Regards,
Don Z. ~ Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

chrisv

Feb 4, 2009, 9:09:46 AM2/4/09
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>No, it just proves that Roy is no different from those he claims to abhor.

It proves nothing of the kind, fsckwit.

If you punch me in the face for no good reason, and I punch you back,
am I "no different" from you?

High Plains Thumper

Feb 4, 2009, 9:16:33 AM2/4/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> I Thought you might like to know a little about your uber
> troll Gary Stewart. I used to work with him as a consultant to
> IBM back in the late seventies and at that time he was one
> nasty person who would do anything to get ahead in the company
> we worked for including selling his co-workers down the river
> when he could get away with it.

Yes, I gathered that just as he expresses himself here in COLA,
so he is in real life (nasty). One does not gather good fruit
(character) from a bad tree.

> The company was really a sub-company of IBM but we were
> billing IBM even though we effectively worked for IBM.
> Ultimately IBM spun the company off as TSS (Technology Systems
> Services) and let most of us go. I went to work for one of
> IBM's clients where I still work to this day although
> retirement is looming assuming I don't get fired due to the
> awful economy.
>
> Gary ended up going to work for Amdahl in the early eighties
> and finally was fired from that company under a cloud of
> suspicion.
>
> [...]
>
> Gary would be approaching 60 years old or so from what I know.
> My former colleague heard that his wife left him due to his
> clandestine anonymous homosexual encounters as a cross
> dresser.

Which would explain why he has openly libelled you Roy, with his
gender transformation lie and has falsely accused me of
homosexual behaviour.

> We all knew that he liked to swing both ways and back then it
> was pre-AIDS so random encounters like that were not life
> threatening like they are now. He showed up at a Halloween
> party once dressed as Jane Mansfield complete with fake
> breasts. He looked like a complete fool because he is a big
> man towering tall at 6 feet 4 at least and quite overweight.
> At some point during the party one of his fake breasts broke
> and the water sprayed all over him. We didn't know if we
> should laugh or cry but the company had a policy of not
> gossiping about what went on a parties so it was forgotten at
> least at work.
>
> Last my colleague heard, Gary was living somewhere in
> Massachusetts near Hyannis Port but I took a look online and
> don't see him listed in the phone directory for that area.
> Honestly I am surprised he is still alive because he was
> always in very bad health due to his obesity. Gary weighed in
> at 300 lbs easily when I last saw him. I'm a poor judge of
> weight and age but he barely fit through the elevator doors
> that's how large he was.

Which not surprisingly Erik Funkenbusch came to his open defence
of Gary, trying to FUD your post here with a height/weight
argument, when such information was given as casual
observation, only a guess.

> That is all I know about Gary Stewart except what I have read
> on Google which is where I saw your name as well. You may or
> may not know all this information already but I just thought
> you might not realize that he is a very sick individual.

Yes, that is an understatement.

--
HPT

Hadron

Feb 4, 2009, 10:53:56 AM2/4/09
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

LOL. Poor Linosuck. Rumour has he swallows.

Hadron

Feb 4, 2009, 10:56:23 AM2/4/09
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

<muffled laughter as Linosuck drags himself deeper into the pooh pooh in
his haste to defend his Master Roy and suck up to "advocates">

Sermo Malifer

Feb 4, 2009, 11:39:21 AM2/4/09

Please enlighten us on how one may successfully fake a PGP signature.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 11:40:12 AM2/4/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Don Zeigler belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>> Oh, and by the way, you know what the real tell-tale of it being a
>> fabrication is? He claims that someone 6'4" and 300 pounds is "so obese he
>> can barely fit through the elevator doors".
>
> I can vouch for that not being so. I'm 6' 2" and weigh 240. I could stand to
> lose 20 lbs but I'm not obese by any stretch of the imagination.

The ladies just adore those "love handles".

Q. How does a woman hold her liquor?

A. By the ears.

--
Beggars should be no choosers.
-- John Heywood

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 11:51:40 AM2/4/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Sermo Malifer belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

Odd. I said:

> [...]

thereby indicating that my doubts about the authenticity of the poster's
identity were allayed.

And I have posted my displeasure with Roy's posting.

So how am I defending "Master Roy" and "sucking up"?

Strange claims from the LHC.

"Linosuck"?

> Please enlighten us on how one may successfully fake a PGP signature.

I notice crickets concerning my post that included a present (but obviously
non-verifiable) PGP signature.

--
The Junior God now heads the roll
In the list of heaven's peers;

Sermo Malifer

Feb 4, 2009, 12:16:08 PM2/4/09
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Sermo Malifer belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Hadron wrote:

>>> <muffled laughter as Linosuck drags himself deeper into the pooh pooh in
>>> his haste to defend his Master Roy and suck up to "advocates">

> thereby indicating that my doubts about the authenticity of the poster's
> identity were allayed.
>
> And I have posted my displeasure with Roy's posting.
>
> So how am I defending "Master Roy" and "sucking up"?
>
> Strange claims from the LHC.
>
> "Linosuck"?
>
>> Please enlighten us on how one may successfully fake a PGP signature.
>
> I notice crickets concerning my post that included a present (but obviously
> non-verifiable) PGP signature.

Do you realize you're answering mostly Hadron, and only one question at
the end by me?

Tim Smith

Feb 4, 2009, 1:06:20 PM2/4/09
In article <REfil.776$MK6...@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,

Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> >> Well, I know now that Roy sent it. But the PGP key means nothing.
> >>
> >> Just about every part of a post can be faked, with the right ISP.
> >
> > You can't fake someone's PGP signature without access to their private
> > key, even with the right ISP, as the ISP doesn't have access to the
> > private key.
>
> What did you see in my post?

A GPG signature that I didn't bother to check.

> How many times have you bothered to verify the signing in any COLA newsgroup
> message?

Twice. First time was yesterday, when I read Roy's post, concluded it was
an obvious fake, but then couldn't see anything wrong in the headers.

Second time was just now, when I checked the one in your post a couple back,
and got this:

gpg: Signature made Tue Feb 3 14:40:40 2009 PST using DSA key ID 74572E8E
gpg: BAD signature from "Roy Schestowitz <s...@danielsorogon.com>"

--
--Tim Smith

Hadron

Feb 4, 2009, 1:16:24 PM2/4/09
Sermo Malifer <sermom...@noemail.com> writes:

> Snit wrote:
>> Peter Köhlmann stated in post
>> 4988b566$0$31880$9b4e...@newsspool3.arcor-online.net on 2/3/09 2:21 PM:

I just noticed that.

Heh. Good to see Peter learning from me. He even copied a "well, lookee
lookee here" a short while ago.

>>> "Deep Throat" was anonymous until recently. And he was certainly reliable
>>> enough to hunt down a US president.
>>> It always depends on the trust earned (or not) by giving reliable
>>> information consistently.

Hadron

Feb 4, 2009, 1:17:28 PM2/4/09
Sermo Malifer <sermom...@noemail.com> writes:

Ask poor old Liarmutt.

Hadron

Feb 4, 2009, 1:19:00 PM2/4/09
Sermo Malifer <sermom...@noemail.com> writes:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Sermo Malifer belched out
>> this bit o' wisdom:

>> thereby indicating that my doubts about the authenticity of the poster's
>> identity were allayed.
>>
>> And I have posted my displeasure with Roy's posting.
>>
>> So how am I defending "Master Roy" and "sucking up"?

Stop! The laughter is hurting.

Please refer back to your other posts in this thread to see why its so
funny.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 1:48:54 PM2/4/09

No. Even the last jibe was directed at that gas bag.

If you wish a more personally-direct response, you will please excise
Hadron's insolence and unpleasantries from your quotings.

--
This quote is taken from the Diamondback, the University of Maryland
student newspaper, of Tuesday, 3/10/87.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 1:51:12 PM2/4/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

>> > You can't fake someone's PGP signature without access to their private
>> > key, even with the right ISP, as the ISP doesn't have access to the
>> > private key.
>>
>> What did you see in my post?
>
> A GPG signature that I didn't bother to check.
>
>> How many times have you bothered to verify the signing in any COLA newsgroup
>> message?
>
> Twice. First time was yesterday, when I read Roy's post, concluded it was
> an obvious fake, but then couldn't see anything wrong in the headers.

I thought the same thing, but didn't bother to check the signature.

> Second time was just now, when I checked the one in your post a couple back,
> and got this:
>
> gpg: Signature made Tue Feb 3 14:40:40 2009 PST using DSA key ID 74572E8E
> gpg: BAD signature from "Roy Schestowitz <s...@danielsorogon.com>"

Well, now we know it works! ;->

Thanks, Tim. Cool!

--
At the heart of science is an essential tension between two seemingly
contradictory attitudes -- an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre
-- Carl Sagan, "The Fine Art of Baloney Detection," Parade, February 1, 1987

Sermo Malifer

Feb 4, 2009, 1:58:32 PM2/4/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Wednesday 04 February 2009 03:17 : \____
>

>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>> this bit o' wisdom:

>>> ____/ Terry Porter on Tuesday 03 February 2009 22:16 : \____

>>> No stalking. I was contacted by someone and I verified the correctness at a
>>> more shallow level. Gary "Sermo Malifer" Steward did nothing to deny it.
>> I still don't agree with posting that stuff, though.
>>
>> It's not as bad as the noisome "testicle" stuff that he flung at you, but
>> it's over-the-top in my book.
>
> It's not libelous if it's true.

You libeled me.

Tim Smith

Feb 4, 2009, 2:06:32 PM2/4/09
In article <20090204125134...@this.domain.or.that>,

Don Zeigler <sit...@this.computer> wrote:

> I can vouch for that not being so. I'm 6' 2" and weigh 240. I could stand to
> lose 20 lbs but I'm not obese by any stretch of the imagination.

Actually, according to the usual definitions based on BMI, you are obese.
Losing 20 pounds would put you at overweight. 194 is the heaviest
"normal" weight for your height.

This just shows how bogus the BMI-based definitions are.

--
--Tim Smith

Sermo Malifer

Feb 4, 2009, 2:18:16 PM2/4/09

I realize that, but it was in reply to the question I asked Hadron.

> If you wish a more personally-direct response,

No, I just want you not to answer my reply to Hadron in a way that make
it look like I wrote the things he wrote.

> you will please excise
> Hadron's insolence and unpleasantries from your quotings.

I'm not going to remove what Hadron wrote when I reply to him. You
have to distinguish who said what when you reply in turn to me.

Hadron

Feb 4, 2009, 2:28:33 PM2/4/09
Sermo Malifer <sermom...@noemail.com> writes:

It's so funny watching Liarnut getting caught up in his own lies and
googled up nonsense once more. It happens time and time again. And I see
others are now calling him on his blind defence of his Master Roy
amongst others with little, if any, regard for the truth or the contents
of the posts he replies to. Linosuck is a particularly good moniker for
the sycophantic little fraud.

He thinks he can strut around making bold proclamations and then a quick
"sorry" later when caught is enough. Once or twice fine. But nearly all
the time? Once more he was recently caught bullshitting about well know
OSS developer's work and had to retract his comments when to his
surprise he was called on it.

We are STILL waiting for Liarmutt's list of features he uses in DDD
which Visual Studio does not support.

*LOL*

l337!

Sermo Malifer

Feb 4, 2009, 2:31:17 PM2/4/09

Sermo Malifer

Feb 4, 2009, 2:35:28 PM2/4/09

<snip>

Your reaction is uncalled for. I am at fault for mistakenly asking you
a question about something Chris wrote. I caused the confusion. Your
attack on Chris is not supported by what happened in this thread.

Hadron

Feb 4, 2009, 2:38:25 PM2/4/09
Sermo Malifer <sermom...@noemail.com> writes:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>>> It's signed with Roy's PGP key.
>>
>> So what?
>>
>> Well, I know now that Roy sent it. But the PGP key means nothing.
>
> I mistakingly asked Hadron this question: How does one successfully
> fake a PGP key? Now I add another question: if it can't be faked,
> how can it mean nothing?

I think you missed the meaning in my reply.

But watching you ask Arestrom is comedy magic.

Hadron

Feb 4, 2009, 2:40:54 PM2/4/09
Sermo Malifer <sermom...@noemail.com> writes:

I am not attacking him. I am laughing at him hanging himself out to dry
once more with his sucking up.

First it was "Roy didnt post it", then it was "Someone forged his PGP
signature", and now it's "I strongly disagree with Roy's post" (when he
had no where else to run). It's Larmutt MO. He does it ALL the time.

He even spouted some nonsense about forging depending on the ISP. The
problem is that the other "advocates" don't question his lies. More and
more people are now doing so. It's why the name "Linosuck" has become so
popular so quickly.

madhatte...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2009, 2:54:31 PM2/4/09
The post is definetely from Roy Schestowitz. He exposed the Flatfish
scum for what shit it is.
This was also posted on the boycottnovell.com.

http://boycottnovell.com/2009/02/04/irc-log-03022009-3/

schestowitz I exposed the flatfish today Feb 03 23:12
schestowitz An old friend of him apprently dislikes him enough to
pursue this. Feb 03 23:12

The bastard Flatfish deserves everything he has coming his way.

On Feb 4, 1:06 pm, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
> In article <REfil.776$MK6....@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,

Terry Porter

Feb 4, 2009, 5:30:31 PM2/4/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

<snip>
> I lost track of Gary up until last year when I ran into a mutual
> colleague at a convention and we started telling war stories and
> Gary's name came up. As it turns out, his parents left him a small
> fortune in real estate consisting of several run down tenements in NYC
> as well as Camden N.J. which he rents out to social services recipients
> for whatever the going rate is. He has them managed by property
> agents, does only the minimum repairs on them and sits back and
> watches the money roll in. From what I have been told he has become
> very wealthy because of his real estate business. He was married at
> one time and had 4 children which based on his approximate age are all
> grown up by now.
<snip>

This all sounds quite possible to me, and all too real. He fits the profile
of a Usenet troll quite well.

I.e. a fat bored old man with too much time on his hands, and free money
from the work of someone else. A bit like Snit Glasser.

At least flatfish has an excuse, so what's the excuse of
dfs,hadrongo,ezekookl,clogface,fuddinbusch and tim smith for plaguing
COLA ?

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

Snit

Feb 4, 2009, 5:43:47 PM2/4/09
Terry Porter stated in post JOydnW-vyveVihfU...@netspace.net.au
on 2/4/09 3:30 PM:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> I lost track of Gary up until last year when I ran into a mutual
>> colleague at a convention and we started telling war stories and
>> Gary's name came up. As it turns out, his parents left him a small
>> fortune in real estate consisting of several run down tenements in NYC
>> as well as Camden N.J. which he rents out to social services recipients
>> for whatever the going rate is. He has them managed by property
>> agents, does only the minimum repairs on them and sits back and
>> watches the money roll in. From what I have been told he has become
>> very wealthy because of his real estate business. He was married at
>> one time and had 4 children which based on his approximate age are all
>> grown up by now.
> <snip>
>
> This all sounds quite possible to me, and all too real. He fits the profile
> of a Usenet troll quite well.
>
> I.e. a fat bored old man with too much time on his hands, and free money
> from the work of someone else. A bit like Snit Glasser.

Er? Oh... just begging for my attention. Whatever.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Don Zeigler

Feb 4, 2009, 6:53:17 PM2/4/09
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Q. How does a woman hold her liquor?
>
> A. By the ears.

Sig file material!

--
Mistress - something between a mister and a mattress.

Regards,
Don Z. ~ Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

Don Zeigler

Feb 4, 2009, 6:54:15 PM2/4/09
Tim Smith wrote:

> Actually, according to the usual definitions based on BMI, you are obese.
> Losing 20 pounds would put you at overweight. 194 is the heaviest
> "normal" weight for your height.
>
> This just shows how bogus the BMI-based definitions are.

Shit, when I weighed 190 I was a fricking beanpole.

--
I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 7:19:22 PM2/4/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Sermo Malifer belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> If you wish a more personally-direct response,
>
> No, I just want you not to answer my reply to Hadron in a way that make
> it look like I wrote the things he wrote.

It happens. Deal with it.

>> you will please excise
>> Hadron's insolence and unpleasantries from your quotings.
>
> I'm not going to remove what Hadron wrote when I reply to him. You
> have to distinguish who said what when you reply in turn to me.

Fair enough.

--
"Largely because it is so tangible and exciting a program and as such will
serve to keep alive the interest and enthusiasm of the whole spectrum of

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 7:20:15 PM2/4/09

Hadron is, I think, on acid.

--
I've noticed several design suggestions in your code.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 7:23:37 PM2/4/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Sermo Malifer belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>>> It's signed with Roy's PGP key.
>>
>> So what?
>>
>> Well, I know now that Roy sent it. But the PGP key means nothing.
>
> I mistakingly asked Hadron this question: How does one successfully fake
> a PGP key? Now I add another question: if it can't be faked, how can
> it mean nothing?

It can be faked, in the sense that it can fool the casual observer.

That is quite enough for some people here, who have misappropriated people's
posting-names in order to make it seem as if those people are posting
garbage.

I'll rephrase -- if you don't bother to check the PGP of every post, then it
means nothing.

--
Photographing a volcano is just about the most miserable thing you can do.
-- Robert B. Goodman

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 7:24:45 PM2/4/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Don Zeigler belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>> Q. How does a woman hold her liquor?
>>
>> A. By the ears.
>>
> Sig file material!

I actually heard that one on WLS (Chicago) when I was a kid.

Couldn't believe he got away with it.

--
Since it is difficult to join them together, it is safer to be feared than to
be loved when one of the two must be lacking.

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 4, 2009, 7:45:51 PM2/4/09

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 4, 2009, 7:44:59 PM2/4/09

Terry Porter

Feb 4, 2009, 8:18:02 PM2/4/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Thursday 05 February 2009 00:23 : \____
>

>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Sermo Malifer belched out
>> this bit o' wisdom:

>>> I mistakingly asked Hadron this question: How does one successfully fake
>>> a PGP key? Now I add another question: if it can't be faked, how can
>>> it mean nothing?
>>
>> It can be faked, in the sense that it can fool the casual observer.
>>
>> That is quite enough for some people here, who have misappropriated
>> people's posting-names in order to make it seem as if those people are
>> posting garbage.
>>
>> I'll rephrase -- if you don't bother to check the PGP of every post, then
>> it means nothing.

Manually check a PGP sig ???

Who has to do that, apart from Windows users ?????

> The application does this on the fly and sometimes adds colours.

Exactly. Knode automatically colors the background of every verified PGP
post yellow, as it has just done to your post Roy.

Linux can easily tell who is verified and who is not, the joke is on the
wintrolls every time.

Question for the wintrolls: Knode run well under Windows does it ????

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 8:46:52 PM2/4/09
this bit o' wisdom:

> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Thursday 05 February 2009 00:20 : \____

>> Hadron is, I think, on acid.
>
> You have a typo there. Drop the word "on".

More like bile than acid.

--
Fat people of the world unite, we've got nothing to lose!

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 4, 2009, 8:50:30 PM2/4/09
this bit o' wisdom:

> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Thursday 05 February 2009 00:23 : \____
>

>> It can be faked, in the sense that it can fool the casual observer.
>>
>> That is quite enough for some people here, who have misappropriated people's
>> posting-names in order to make it seem as if those people are posting
>> garbage.
>>
>> I'll rephrase -- if you don't bother to check the PGP of every post, then it
>> means nothing.
>
> The application does this on the fly and sometimes adds colours.

Looks like slrn can be set up to do. Man, yet another thing to learn about!

If it can verify them and hide them at the same time, that would be cool.

--
design, v.:
What you regret not doing later on.

Erik Funkenbusch

Feb 5, 2009, 1:22:56 AM2/5/09
On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 07:16:33 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Which not surprisingly Erik Funkenbusch came to his open defence
> of Gary, trying to FUD your post here with a height/weight
> argument, when such information was given as casual
> observation, only a guess.

I'm not defending him, far be it, I have repeatedly disagreed with gary's
"methods".

I don't have to agree or support or defend Gary to point out what a
hypocrite Roy is, or to see the holes in Roy's "anonymous" information. It
looks like a classic plant to me, particularly the wording, which sounds
suspiciously prosaic and.

Don't you wonder why it reads like a story?

Homer

Feb 5, 2009, 1:40:16 AM2/5/09
Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
>> In article <Xg3il.511$Qc....@bignews1.bellsouth.net>, Chris

>> Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>>> It doesn't sound like Roy's posting style at all, though.
>> It's signed with Roy's PGP key.
>
> So what?
>
> Well, I know now that Roy sent it. But the PGP key means nothing.
>
> Just about every part of a post can be faked, with the right ISP.

From your post:

OpenPGP Security Info

Error - signature verification failed

gpg command line and output:
/usr/bin/gpg --charset utf8 --batch --no-tty --status-fd 2 -d
gpg: Signature made Tue 03 Feb 2009 22:40:40 GMT using DSA key ID 74572E8E
gpg: BAD signature from "Roy Schestowitz <sch[AT]danielsorogon.com>"

> I don't like what Roy did; it sounded out-of-character. I hope it is
> just an aberration. We'll see.

It's quite understandable considering the harassment he's suffered from
Gary.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
| is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
| Pitt the Younger
`----

06:39:54 up 91 days, 14:22, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.03

Homer

Feb 5, 2009, 1:44:35 AM2/5/09
Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

> How many times have you bothered to verify the signing in any COLA
> newsgroup message?

In Thunderbird, the Enigmail plugin provides a status bar at the top of
the message pane, which shows the authenticity of a GPG signed message.
I don't need to do anything but open a message to see that status. With
regard to other clients, YMMV.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
| is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
| Pitt the Younger
`----

06:44:16 up 91 days, 14:27, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.02

William Poaster

Feb 5, 2009, 7:42:12 AM2/5/09
On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 19:20:15 -0500, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, Chris Ahlstrom was heard to say:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Sermo Malifer belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>>
>>> It's so funny watching Liarnut getting caught up in his own lies and
>>> googled up nonsense once more.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Your reaction is uncalled for. I am at fault for mistakenly asking you
>> a question about something Chris wrote. I caused the confusion. Your
>> attack on Chris is not supported by what happened in this thread.
>
> Hadron is, I think, on acid.

He's 'bitter' because he can't get linux to work for him ;-)

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 5, 2009, 7:51:30 AM2/5/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

>>> It's signed with Roy's PGP key.
>>
>> So what?
>>
>> Well, I know now that Roy sent it. But the PGP key means nothing.
>>
>> Just about every part of a post can be faked, with the right ISP.
>
> From your post:
>
> OpenPGP Security Info
>
> Error - signature verification failed
>
> gpg command line and output:
> /usr/bin/gpg --charset utf8 --batch --no-tty --status-fd 2 -d
> gpg: Signature made Tue 03 Feb 2009 22:40:40 GMT using DSA key ID 74572E8E
> gpg: BAD signature from "Roy Schestowitz <sch[AT]danielsorogon.com>"

Are there any slrners who have a GPG plugin installed. I don't.

Truthfully, I didn't even consider the concept validating a usenet post
until now.

Plus, what's to prevent you from using your own PGP key, but posting as
someone else?

Now you have to actually compare the keys of two different messages
yourself.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

>> I don't like what Roy did; it sounded out-of-character. I hope it is
>> just an aberration. We'll see.
>
> It's quite understandable considering the harassment he's suffered from
> Gary.

Roy should just curse him out, vent a bit.

--
Blue paint today.
[Funny to Jack Slingwine, Guy Harris and Hal Pierson. Ed.]

chrisv

Feb 5, 2009, 8:49:47 AM2/5/09
Tim Smith wrote:

>In article <20090204125134...@this.domain.or.that>,
> Don Zeigler <sit...@this.computer> wrote:
>>
>> I can vouch for that not being so. I'm 6' 2" and weigh 240. I could stand to
>> lose 20 lbs but I'm not obese by any stretch of the imagination.

>Actually, according to the usual definitions based on BMI, you are obese.
>Losing 20 pounds would put you at overweight. 194 is the heaviest
>"normal" weight for your height.
>
>This just shows how bogus the BMI-based definitions are.

They are way off, for stocky or muscular guys.

Not that that affects me... I'm thin (19.5 BMI).

Homer

Feb 5, 2009, 1:25:48 PM2/5/09
Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> Truthfully, I didn't even consider the concept validating a usenet
> post until now.

In a group like this, with so many nymshifters who sometimes spoof
others, it's very useful.

> Plus, what's to prevent you from using your own PGP key, but posting
> as someone else?

Well if Roy posted as "Joe Bloggs <nob...@example.com>", but used the
same GPG key, then he'd still be identified as <s...@danielsorogon.com>
by the Enigmail plugin, because that identifier is part of the key,
regardless of whatever fake name and E-mail address he might provide, so
I'd know just from that it was him. If he changed the signing key as
well, then it wouldn't verify here, unless I had a copy of that public
key in my local keyring. Similarly, if someone spoofed as "Roy
Schestowitz" and created a GPG key with the identifier
<s...@danielsorogon.com>, then it wouldn't validate here, because the
new/fake key wouldn't match the one in my local keyring.

So basically there'd be no point in Roy nymshifting and /also/ signing
his posts with his usual key, because we'd still know it was him, and
equally there'd be no point in anyone trying to spoof Roy without his
private key, because we'd know that it /wasn't/.

> Now you have to actually compare the keys of two different messages
> yourself.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well that depends on how your client presents the information, but
generally I think you'd be wrong, because the only way that message will
verify, is if you actually have a copy of that public key in your
keyring, and the key identifier will reveal all (assuming your client
actually displays it).

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
| is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
| Pitt the Younger
`----

18:25:27 up 92 days, 2:08, 4 users, load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.01

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 5, 2009, 4:41:15 PM2/5/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
>>

>> Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Well that depends on how your client presents the information, but
> generally I think you'd be wrong, because the only way that message will
> verify, is if you actually have a copy of that public key in your
> keyring, and the key identifier will reveal all (assuming your client
> actually displays it).

Thanks, Homie. I'll probably continue to be susceptible to fakes for
awhile, though the automatic flagging and correcting you mention would be
cool.

--
Because the wine remembers.