[News] Gnote 0.2.0 released

Tony Manco

Apr 23, 2009, 12:43:33 PM4/23/09
What is Gnote?

Gnote is a experimental port of Tomboy to C++

New features

* Now support addins (Bug #578980): - Fixed Width
* Show addins in preferences.

Fixes:

* Can now close the template note opened when the Preferences
dialog is open. (Close #579105)
* Check for Gtk+ 2.14 or later and include gtk/gtk.h in
src/utils.cpp (Close #579240)
* Fix wrongly highlighted URLs and a crash when inserting in
some situation. (Close #579225)
* Fix offsets on WikiWord (similar to bug #579225)
* Initialize gettext properly (Close #579520)
* Properly check for libxml2.
* Drag and drop of notes to a notebook (Close #579637)
* Fixed hang when changing the title of a note (Close #579362)
* The open state of notes is now saved properly.

Translations:

* Update comment to reflect format in strings. (Close #579209)
* Ensure the spelling of Gnote.
* Some strings shouldn't be translated. (Close #579197)
* Date format are non localizable. (Close #579207)
* Properly use plural forms (Close #579412)
* Remove markup from translatable strings (Close #579453)
* Added translations: - Swedish (sv) - Greek (el) - Arabic
(ar) - Catalan (ca) - German (de) - French (fr)

Download:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnote/

-- http://www.figuiere.net/hub/blog/?2009/04/22/661-gnote-020 --
--
Linux - You must break it | Windows - It breaks itself

Doctor Smith

Apr 23, 2009, 12:48:36 PM4/23/09
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:43:33 +0100, Tony Manco wrote:

> What is Gnote?

Linux slopware.

> Gnote is a experimental port of Tomboy to C++

TomBoy is much better.

Sinister Midget

Apr 23, 2009, 1:28:39 PM4/23/09
On 2009-04-23, Tony Manco <trm...@gmx.tm> claimed:

I don't have to look at it just now. Is it sick with mono like Tomboy?

--
You feel a whole lot more like you do now than you did when you used
to.

Doctor Smith

Apr 23, 2009, 1:56:22 PM4/23/09

Probably not, which is why the Schestowitz jedi understudy, Tony Manco
posted that message in the first place.

Mono is the very reason WHY TomBoy is a decent application.

You guys fighting religious wars make me laugh.

Tony Manco

Apr 23, 2009, 2:46:43 PM4/23/09

It's mono free, if that was your question.
And it's also faster... it's a native application, if you know what I mean.

Hadron

Apr 23, 2009, 2:58:15 PM4/23/09
Tony Manco <trm...@gmx.tm> writes:

Anyone using emacs, look at org-mode. The most powerful organizer and
note taker our there.

http://orgmode.org/

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to

Roy Schestowitz

Apr 23, 2009, 3:57:22 PM4/23/09

Doctor Smith

Apr 23, 2009, 5:31:50 PM4/23/09

All the more reason to use TomBoy.
Mono is great.

Jerry McBride

Apr 23, 2009, 6:20:27 PM4/23/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Hmmm... I'll have a look then... I liked TOMBOY until I found out it was
infected with that microsoft virus named MONO....

From the desk of:
Jerome D. McBride

18:19:25 up 11 days, 9:46, 2 users, load average: 0.22, 0.09, 0.02

Sinister Midget

Apr 23, 2009, 7:11:37 PM4/23/09

Yeah, that was the question. I was tending two dogs and had to go to
work, so I fumbled the the typing and left out "time" in the obvious
place.

Now I have time, so I'll take a look at it.

--
Excuse my english. I went to US public school.

Sinister Midget

Apr 23, 2009, 7:17:43 PM4/23/09
On 2009-04-23, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> claimed:

Fortunately, one can still uninstall a minimal amount of stuff that
relies on mono, then get rid of mono itself. Unfortunately more may be
tied to mono in the future, making Gnome worthless without it. Unless
people step in and work on alternatives for everything. Right now I
consider anything requiring mono to be useless in and of itself.

I only recently started using Gnome long enough to get comfortable with
it. I'm hoping the time spent doesn't turn out to be wasted. Then
again, I recall how they screwed up Galeon, which was once a pretty
good browser.

--
Do what comes naturally. Seethe, fume and throw a tantrum.

Hadron

Apr 23, 2009, 7:21:04 PM4/23/09
Jerry McBride <jmcb...@mail-on.us> writes:

You haven't got a clue what Mono is.

For those that want to see what clueless arseholes Jerry McBride and Roy
are please visit here:

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

And think about the benefits that Mono brings to the Linux development
world.

But Linux improving and getting somewhere isn't on these idiot's agenda.

Roy Schestowitz

Apr 23, 2009, 8:40:03 PM4/23/09

Doctor Smith

Apr 23, 2009, 11:25:54 PM4/23/09

Exactly !

Sometimes I wonder if these freetard idiots really don't want to see Linux
succeed.
It sure looks that way at times.