DDOS Attack on My Site

Roy Schestowitz

May 17, 2009, 4:53:18 AM5/17/09

SomeBloke

May 17, 2009, 5:32:25 AM5/17/09

Probably pure vindictiveness Roy.

Your site displays fine in my browser by the way, so whoever it is is not
having much luck (yet).

--
I'm always kind, polite and reasonable.... except when I'm not.

Fox in the COLA Hen House

May 17, 2009, 7:20:56 AM5/17/09
SomeBloke wrote:
> On Sun, 17 May 2009 08:53:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Probably pure vindictiveness Roy.
>
> Your site displays fine in my browser by the way, so whoever it is is not
> having much luck (yet).

You idiot, it's a Denial of Service attack you moron. How dumb can you
be? LOL

Fox in the COLA Hen House

May 17, 2009, 7:34:42 AM5/17/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> It's not confirmed. People have been attacking my site for days now via TOR.
> The question remains, what's the motive?

I have never seen his BS site. And I don't want to see it either. I
suspect it's worthless, just like his dumbass worthless posts.

7

May 17, 2009, 7:55:33 AM5/17/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> It's not confirmed. People have been attacking my site for days now via
> TOR. The question remains, what's the motive?

That would turn into a criminal link between asstrotrufers who post here
and bot net operators.

I hope that can be followed up by the Police.

Hadron

May 17, 2009, 7:57:42 AM5/17/09

Scary isn't it?

It's probably Liarmutt and all the rest of Roy's arse kissers refreshing
the page waiting for more of his "advocacy" ....

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to

7

May 17, 2009, 7:59:27 AM5/17/09
Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Fox in the COLA
Hen House wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of
Marketing:

> I have never seen his BS site. And I don't want to see it either. I
> suspect it's worthless, just like his dumbass worthless posts.

Wrote the bumtard tool, sock operative retard, net loon and life long
BUM BOYEE for Micoshaft corporation asstrotrufing to get paid to buy some
dope to hallucinate harder and scream personalised abuse on the internet
at strangers and Linux advocates in a Linux newsgroup. (TM)*

--

Fox in the COLA Hen House

Oh Balmer is my Pappy.

* This message is licensed not sold.

SomeBloke

May 17, 2009, 8:05:59 AM5/17/09
On Sun, 17 May 2009 13:57:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> Fox in the COLA Hen House <Th...@Fox.com> writes:
>
>> SomeBloke wrote:
>>> On Sun, 17 May 2009 08:53:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> Probably pure vindictiveness Roy.
>>>
>>> Your site displays fine in my browser by the way, so whoever it is is
>>> not having much luck (yet).
>>>

>> You idiot, it's a Denial of Service attack you moron. How dumb can you
>> be? LOL
>>

> Scary isn't it?
>
> It's probably Liarmutt and all the rest of Roy's arse kissers refreshing
> the page waiting for more of his "advocacy" ....

Oh look, it's a twat masquerading as a human being. Scary isn't it?

Hadron

May 17, 2009, 8:08:54 AM5/17/09
SomeBloke <st...@stuff.com> writes:

But you realise how stupid you looked I take it?

Good.

SomeBloke

May 17, 2009, 8:09:07 AM5/17/09

From Wikipedia
<quote>
A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service
attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer resource
unavailable to its intended users. Although the means to carry out,
motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists
of the concerted efforts of a person or persons to prevent an Internet
site or service from functioning efficiently or at all, temporarily or
indefinitely. Perpetrators of DoS attacks typically target sites or
services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks, credit card
payment gateways, and even root nameservers
</quote>

Now do you understand you cretin?

Hadron

May 17, 2009, 8:17:12 AM5/17/09
SomeBloke <st...@stuff.com> writes:

Yes. You're an idiot.

It was an attempt at a DDos. Or so Roy claims. But he likes to claim
that to big himself up and make himself seem a "target". Like when his
Linux based web site got hacked because he didn't secure it properly. A
DDos normally slows things up and can cause crashes. It would not affect
how it looked if you get the service. Get it yet?

But good to see you reaching for Wikipedia. It tells us a lot ...

SomeBloke

May 17, 2009, 8:21:18 AM5/17/09

It was just to clarify things in a simple way for you.

Ye gods. It's like communicating with a severely autistic child.

Fox in the COLA Hen House

May 17, 2009, 8:33:35 AM5/17/09
7 wrote:

<snipped>

Shut 7, don't get your panties in a pinch and go lay down.

Hadron

May 17, 2009, 8:37:24 AM5/17/09
SomeBloke <st...@stuff.com> writes:

It is. You still haven't understood. Try again.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 17, 2009, 8:44:20 AM5/17/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, SomeBloke belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

That's about as good as Linux advocacy gets with the insane Quark troll.

--
Do nothing unless you must, and when you must act -- hesitate.

William Poaster

May 17, 2009, 8:56:40 AM5/17/09
On Sun, 17 May 2009 07:21:18 -0500, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining
of the trolls SomeBloke was heard to say:

Thus Halfwit Hadron proves his nym yet again.

--
It IS because of him and two other useless people in particular
(CBFalconer and Harold "old school" Stevens (probably both Willy nyms)

William Poaster

May 17, 2009, 8:55:06 AM5/17/09
On Sun, 17 May 2009 07:05:59 -0500, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining

of the trolls SomeBloke was heard to say:

> On Sun, 17 May 2009 13:57:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:

You spelled 'twat' wrong, it's spelled t-u-r-d.

Fox in the COLA Hen House

May 17, 2009, 9:01:49 AM5/17/09

He has no out, and SomeClown is a *clown*. I liked the part about
Ahlstrom aka LapMutt, too funny. :)

Jerry McBride

May 17, 2009, 9:04:28 AM5/17/09
7 wrote:

Bot net? Yeah, windows in it's practical use...

From the desk of:
Jerome D. McBride

09:03:20 up 15 days, 14:31, 3 users, load average: 1.91, 0.95, 0.36

7

May 17, 2009, 10:19:51 AM5/17/09
Jerry McBride wrote:

> 7 wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> It's not confirmed. People have been attacking my site for days now via
>>> TOR. The question remains, what's the motive?
>>

>> That would turn into a criminal link between asstrotrufers who post here
>> and bot net operators.
>>
>> I hope that can be followed up by the Police.
>
> Bot net? Yeah, windows in it's practical use...

Yup, who else has probable cause to attack Roy's web site?
It has to be the asstroturfers also posting their anti-Linux
drivel here.

I hope the CIA, NSA MI5 and Interpol are taking careful notes.
Somewhere in the newsgroup is an asstroturfer whose
identity is that of a bot-net operator or
someone who has links with bot-net operators and has paid them
money for a criminal act. I'd start with flatcake because he's
been stalking Roy on the Internet for some time now.

Andrew Halliwell

May 17, 2009, 10:30:29 AM5/17/09
SomeBloke <st...@stuff.com> wrote:
> It was just to clarify things in a simple way for you.
>
> Ye gods. It's like communicating with a severely autistic child.

Like?
--
| spi...@freenet.co.uk | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a |

Tim Smith

May 17, 2009, 1:04:41 PM5/17/09
In article <7yTPl.42420$v8.2...@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:

> > On Sun, 17 May 2009 13:57:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:
> >
> >> It's probably Liarmutt and all the rest of Roy's arse kissers refreshing
> >> the page waiting for more of his "advocacy" ....

> That's about as good as Linux advocacy gets with the insane Quark troll.

Both of you should spend a while reflecting on the sad case of Roy
Culley. He became obsessed over Erik Funkenbusch, and that obsession
apparently drove him somewhat insane. He started responding to pretty
much everything Erik said If Erik said something sensible (which he
does most of the time), Culley would take the opposite position. Culley
would constantly bring up old mistakes of Erik's. Culley created
aliases and used them to attack Erik. He signed up to services in
Erik's name.

You are both in danger of becoming the next Culley. Don't let that
happen.

--
--Tim Smith

Chris Ahlstrom

May 17, 2009, 1:19:07 PM5/17/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <7yTPl.42420$v8.2...@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,

What a load of garbage, Tim. While I admit I respond by proxy to that
raving asshole Hadron too much, what you said above is simply nonsensical
bullshit in regard to myself or Hadron. As far as I know, Hadron has not
ventured beyond COLA to do me harm, other than seeding Google with
lying statements to which he attaches my full name.

Hadron came in here and has constantly attacked me for basically no reason.
Hadron is merely a disruptive Usenet kook. If I never saw his trolling crap
in responses to troll feeders such as HPT and Jed, I wouldn't give him a
second thought.

Are trying to insinuate that Hadron is a sensible human being in COLA?

Take your advice and stick it where the sun don't shine, Tim. You are as
much a troll as Hadron. It's just that you are sneakier about your
nastiness.

--
The naked truth of it is, I have no shirt.
-- William Shakespeare, "Love's Labour's Lost"

Roy Schestowitz

May 17, 2009, 3:34:12 PM5/17/09

Roy Schestowitz

May 17, 2009, 3:49:01 PM5/17/09

William Poaster

May 17, 2009, 6:13:15 PM5/17/09
On Sun, 17 May 2009 13:19:07 -0400, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining
of the trolls Chris Ahlstrom was heard to say:

Rather like other wintrolls in here, such as Hadron Qook the kook etc,
Erik made claims which he didn't back up. Some of us kept "reminding" him
of them, that's all.

And what about Erik's responding to pretty much everything that Roy
posted, with idiotic drivel (remember that?). Then claimed there was a
Plan, after which Ewik mysteriously disappeared for a few weeks. We never
did get to hear about The Plan. Wouldn't Smith call *that* insane too?
Oh, of course not, because Ewik the Weasel is a fellow troll.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 17, 2009, 7:38:41 PM5/17/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> "Culley would constantly bring up old mistakes of Erik's."

> Rather like other wintrolls in here, such as Hadron Qook the kook etc,
> Erik made claims which he didn't back up. Some of us kept "reminding" him
> of them, that's all.
>
> And what about Erik's responding to pretty much everything that Roy
> posted, with idiotic drivel (remember that?). Then claimed there was a
> Plan, after which Ewik mysteriously disappeared for a few weeks. We never
> did get to hear about The Plan. Wouldn't Smith call *that* insane too?
> Oh, of course not, because Ewik the Weasel is a fellow troll.

The weirdest thing is Tim putting Hadron and myself on an equal footing, as
if the situation were symmetrical. Me, posting honest (if sometimes
errant?) advocacy and honest opinions about Microsoft under my own name, and
Hadron ridiculing, sneering, insulting, and making up "porkies" about what
people have claimed, under the rubric of anonymous coward.

--
You'll wish that you had done some of the hard things when they were easier
to do.

Terry Porter

May 17, 2009, 7:49:40 PM5/17/09
Hadron wrote:

> SomeBloke <st...@stuff.com> writes:
<snip>

>> From Wikipedia
>> <quote>
>> A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service
>> attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer resource
>> unavailable to its intended users. Although the means to carry out,
>> motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists
>> of the concerted efforts of a person or persons to prevent an Internet
>> site or service from functioning efficiently or at all, temporarily or
>> indefinitely. Perpetrators of DoS attacks typically target sites or
>> services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks, credit card
>> payment gateways, and even root nameservers
>> </quote>
>>
>> Now do you understand you cretin?
>
> Yes. You're an idiot.

Who is going to believe a gormless troll who thinks GoogleEarth on Linux
runs under Wine ?

========
From: Hadron <hadro...@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Sergey Brin uses Linux?
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 20:55:13 +0200

Google Earth on Linux runs through its own Wine installer. Unless they
have gone "native"?
========

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

Terry Porter

May 17, 2009, 7:51:32 PM5/17/09
Andrew Halliwell wrote:

> SomeBloke <st...@stuff.com> wrote:
>> It was just to clarify things in a simple way for you.
>>
>> Ye gods. It's like communicating with a severely autistic child.
>
> Like?

Autism is often related to some special ability, so I doubt it applies to
hadrongo, he's just a troll.

Tim Smith

May 18, 2009, 12:40:46 AM5/18/09
In article <ba1Ql.42959$qa.1...@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,

Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> The weirdest thing is Tim putting Hadron and myself on an equal footing, as
> if the situation were symmetrical. Me, posting honest (if sometimes
> errant?) advocacy and honest opinions about Microsoft under my own name, and
> Hadron ridiculing, sneering, insulting, and making up "porkies" about what
> people have claimed, under the rubric of anonymous coward.

You misunderstood. *What* you two say about each other is irrelevant.
The relevant fact is that I'm seeing both of you, when responding to
thread branches that the other is not (yet) in, toss of spontaneous
insults at the other.

You each seem to be coming somewhat obsesses with the other. If I'm
wrong, great. If not, then I hope it stops, lest you two become Culley
2.0 and Culley 3.0.

--
--Tim Smith

cc

May 18, 2009, 12:45:15 AM5/18/09

You constantly refer to Hadron, and he constantly refers to you, even
when it's not necessary. That's how the situation is symmetrical.

Hadron

May 18, 2009, 12:45:55 AM5/18/09
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

I would point out that circa Xmas I put my hand out and said "ok,
enough".

But your point is taken.

But I would also point out that even you have noticed that almost
everything he posts is sucking up to "advocates" regardless of the
truth.

Also one his "fellow advocates" is responsible or trying to flood my
email. Poor show.

Hadron

May 18, 2009, 1:01:35 AM5/18/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> "Culley would constantly bring up old mistakes of Erik's."
>>
>> Rather like other wintrolls in here, such as Hadron Qook the kook etc,
>> Erik made claims which he didn't back up. Some of us kept "reminding" him
>> of them, that's all.
>>
>> And what about Erik's responding to pretty much everything that Roy
>> posted, with idiotic drivel (remember that?). Then claimed there was a
>> Plan, after which Ewik mysteriously disappeared for a few weeks. We never
>> did get to hear about The Plan. Wouldn't Smith call *that* insane too?
>> Oh, of course not, because Ewik the Weasel is a fellow troll.
>
> The weirdest thing is Tim putting Hadron and myself on an equal footing, as
> if the situation were symmetrical. Me, posting honest (if sometimes
> errant?) advocacy and honest opinions about Microsoft under my own
> name, and

But you're not honest in my opinion.

> Hadron ridiculing, sneering, insulting, and making up "porkies" about what
> people have claimed, under the rubric of anonymous coward.

And the rest of the "advocates" are not "anonymous"? Willy Poaster?
(Bill Poster), "chrisv", "High Plains Hypocrite", "Homer", "Somebloke".

See? You're a hypocritical fraud in my opinion.

If you can find ONE post from me openly lying then post a link.

I can find links to you telling "porkies". Like when you denied how you
boasted about the money you made from Windows SW for example. Or when
you denied I told you about NVidia drivers or how best to stop .rc
services. Or when you told everyone I did not use Debian. And many more.

Then we could move on to you "not caring" what Roy posted in other groups
even if it conflicted with his posts here when you were supporting
him. Or how you claimed that DDD offered so many more features that VS
did not that you used all the time.

Then, if you like, we could move on to you being rude to Joerg Schilling
etc etc etc.

I have posted many posts here about the GOOD in OSS and Linux and
various Linux based SW. But you will deny that. And then I will post the
links and you will slink away again.

Peter Köhlmann

May 18, 2009, 2:18:04 AM5/18/09
Hadron wrote:

> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
>> this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> "Culley would constantly bring up old mistakes of Erik's."
>>>
>>> Rather like other wintrolls in here, such as Hadron Qook the kook etc,
>>> Erik made claims which he didn't back up. Some of us kept "reminding"
>>> him of them, that's all.
>>>
>>> And what about Erik's responding to pretty much everything that Roy
>>> posted, with idiotic drivel (remember that?). Then claimed there was a
>>> Plan, after which Ewik mysteriously disappeared for a few weeks. We
>>> never did get to hear about The Plan. Wouldn't Smith call *that*
>>> insane too? Oh, of course not, because Ewik the Weasel is a fellow
>>> troll.
>>
>> The weirdest thing is Tim putting Hadron and myself on an equal
>> footing, as
>> if the situation were symmetrical. Me, posting honest (if sometimes
>> errant?) advocacy and honest opinions about Microsoft under my own
>> name, and
>
> But you're not honest in my opinion.

Who cares about your "opinion"? It is, at best, just dreck

>> Hadron ridiculing, sneering, insulting, and making up "porkies" about
>> what people have claimed, under the rubric of anonymous coward.
>
> And the rest of the "advocates" are not "anonymous"? Willy Poaster?
> (Bill Poster), "chrisv", "High Plains Hypocrite", "Homer", "Somebloke".
>
> See? You're a hypocritical fraud in my opinion.
>
> If you can find ONE post from me openly lying then post a link.

There are hundreds of them.
Hint: Take basically every thread you were running from because your
idiocy and/or dishonesty got revealed once again

< snip more outright lies >
--
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Terry Porter

May 18, 2009, 2:19:45 AM5/18/09
Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <7yTPl.42420$v8.2...@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:

>> That's about as good as Linux advocacy gets with the insane Quark troll.
>
> Both of you should spend a while reflecting on the sad case of Roy
> Culley.

According to timmytroll smith.

> He became obsessed over Erik Funkenbusch, and that obsession
> apparently drove him somewhat insane.

According to timmytroll smith.

> He started responding to pretty
> much everything Erik said If Erik said something sensible (which he
> does most of the time),

Hahahaahahaa, bwwwwwwark, cough, spit, turn blue ........ ahh that was good,
nothing like a little belly laugh !

Erik is a ferking idiot, he's a troll, just like you.

> Culley would take the opposite position.

A sign of a *balanced* mind. Funkentroll is 100% anti Linux and everything I
have seen him post about Linux, is way off base.

> Culley
> would constantly bring up old mistakes of Erik's.

I must have been asleep when you were taking the trolls to task for this
same activity on COLA ?

How many times has Flatfish, dfs, hadrongo, ezekill, claimed I use Telnet to
remotely admin clients Linux boxes, based on a fanciful recollection of
something I posted in 1997?

I'm sure you just wore your little troll fingers to the bone protesting to
them that their obsession with me would drive them insane.

> Culley created
> aliases and used them to attack Erik.

According to timmytroll smith.

> He signed up to services in
> Erik's name.

According to timmytroll smith.

> You are both in danger of becoming the next Culley.

According to timmytroll smith.

> Don't let that
> happen.

Timmytroll is worried about Chris Ahlstrom, how sweet of him.

Snit

May 18, 2009, 2:25:27 AM5/18/09
Peter K�hlmann stated in post guquis$p61$01$3...@news.t-online.com on 5/17/09
11:18 PM:

Note: Peter completely failed to find a single message where Hadron lied.

Peter repeatedly fails to support his accusations... because, clearly, *he*
is a liar.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Gordon

May 18, 2009, 2:37:47 AM5/18/09
Tim Smith wrote:

> If Erik said something sensible (which he does most of the time)

Huh. Doesn't seem like that here. He's like all the trolls - provide an
answer that is irrefutable, and instead of admitting that he's wrong he
moves the goal posts.

signature.asc

Gregory Shearman

May 18, 2009, 3:09:26 AM5/18/09
On 2009-05-17, Terry Porter <lin...@netspace.net.au> wrote:
> Andrew Halliwell wrote:
>
>> SomeBloke <st...@stuff.com> wrote:
>>> It was just to clarify things in a simple way for you.
>>>
>>> Ye gods. It's like communicating with a severely autistic child.
>>
>> Like?
>
> Autism is often related to some special ability, so I doubt it applies to
> hadrongo, he's just a troll.

The insane quark troll has a special ability. It can lie unconvincingly
for many hours.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

Gregory Shearman

May 18, 2009, 3:13:35 AM5/18/09
On 2009-05-17, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
> In article <7yTPl.42420$v8.2...@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,

> You are both in danger of becoming the next Culley. Don't let that
> happen.

What a load of cobblers!

Why should *you* care what happens to a Linux Advocate?

Gregory Shearman

May 18, 2009, 3:16:24 AM5/18/09

They're still in beta, eh?

William Poaster

May 18, 2009, 6:54:47 AM5/18/09
On Mon, 18 May 2009 08:18:04 +0200, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining
of the trolls Peter K�hlmann was heard to say:

Here are some of Quack's lies:

<quote>
Willy Poaster started hanging out in Ubuntu groups with
some old arse called Harold Stevens. Both do nothing but harangue
people with issues and have effectively killed the group.
<unquote>
Hadron

Really?? Then hoe come the regulars went after *Hadron Quack* about
*his* attitude, whining & moaning about Linux, & not me for what
"haranging people with issues" (a lie of course) that the
Hadron Quack troll alleges?

No, it was because some of us showed the troll up for what he was,
a fraud & asshole.

<quote>
And to think Willy is normally telling us how Linux runs on a PIII
with 128 k of ram.
<unquote>
From: Hadron

Now Hadron Quack can show the messages where I've actually said that,
can't he. Oh, hang on.....when he was challenged about this *lie* before,
he tried to wriggle out by claiming it was 'sarcasm'.
As I haven't even said anything close to that, he was simply lying yet
again. It's what the troll does.

William Poaster

May 18, 2009, 7:02:48 AM5/18/09
On Mon, 18 May 2009 09:49:40 +1000, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining
of the trolls Terry Porter was heard to say:

Yeah, that was a *classic* from the M$ fanboi! LMAO

William Poaster

May 18, 2009, 7:00:57 AM5/18/09
On Mon, 18 May 2009 05:54:47 -0500, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining
of the trolls William Poaster was heard to say:

> Really?? Then how come the regulars went after *Hadron Quack* about
> *his* attitude, whining & moaning about Linux, & not me for these
> "haranguing people with issues" (a lie of course) that the

> Hadron Quack troll alleges?
>
> No, it was because some of us showed the troll up for what he was,
> a fraud & asshole.
>
> <quote>
> And to think Willy is normally telling us how Linux runs on a PIII
> with 128 k of ram.
> <unquote>
> From: Hadron
>
> Now Hadron Quack can show the messages where I've actually said that,
> can't he. Oh, hang on.....when he was challenged about this *lie* before,
> he tried to wriggle out by claiming it was 'sarcasm'.
> As I haven't even said anything close to that, he was simply lying yet
> again. It's what the troll does.

Oh, & here's another of Halfwit Hadron's lies, seemingly in response to
someone having an HDD problem:

<quote>
Huh? Willy's 64 Gig IDE drive from Seagate works just fine for him.
That post must be a lie!
<unquote>
Hadron: Message-ID: <gkmt1m$bib$1...@news.motzarella.org>

Except I don't have have any Seagate drives, & certainly no drives only
64GB. So once again the M$ fanboi made things up, i.e: *lied*.

The loves destroying his own credibility, what ort there was left of it.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 7:20:16 AM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <ba1Ql.42959$qa.1...@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,

> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>> The weirdest thing is Tim putting Hadron and myself on an equal footing, as
>> if the situation were symmetrical. Me, posting honest (if sometimes
>> errant?) advocacy and honest opinions about Microsoft under my own name, and
>> Hadron ridiculing, sneering, insulting, and making up "porkies" about what
>> people have claimed, under the rubric of anonymous coward.
>
> You misunderstood. *What* you two say about each other is irrelevant.
> The relevant fact is that I'm seeing both of you, when responding to
> thread branches that the other is not (yet) in, toss of spontaneous
> insults at the other.

What? From what I've seen, what Hadron tosses in are gratuitous lies or
mischaracterizations of what I've written. That, to me, is far worse than
his silly (but admittedly funny) line of "Arsestrop" puns.

Interesting that you seem to want to keep feeding this behavior, by the way.
You like picking scabs, Tim?

--
Good news. Ten weeks from Friday will be a pretty good day.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 7:23:43 AM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

Oh yeah, I get a lot of satisfaction seeding google with the rantings of an
anonymous coward. <eyes roll>

In any case, although making fun of Hadron is easy, if you jerks would shut
up about him and stop quoting his contemptible references to my given name
and to my former nym, that would go a long way to shutting me up about him.

But you all enjoy the conflict, I'm sure.

--
Long life is in store for you.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 7:29:30 AM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> <nvidia lie snipped>
> ...or how best to stop .rc services. Or when you told everyone I did not
> use Debian.

I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not referring to
them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons". Instead, you use the
/Windows/ term -- "services".

I wouldn't care if you were Linus Torvalds, Hadron -- you are a nasty,
arrogant, lying, anonymous troll, and a Windows-pushing sham and a fraud.

That ain't no news, though.

--
Courage is your greatest present need.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 7:33:58 AM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Really?? Then hoe come the regulars went after *Hadron Quack* about

> *his* attitude, whining & moaning about Linux, & not me for what
> "haranging people with issues" (a lie of course) that the
> Hadron Quack troll alleges?
>
> No, it was because some of us showed the troll up for what he was,
> a fraud & asshole.

The biggest laffer was when Hadron "attempted" to "make peace" with me by
posting a message with the subject "Ping Liarmutt".

The poor bastard thought he could take me for a chump. As if a
"Let's just shake hands, asshole." were any kind of peace overture.

Then he tried to claim the Subject was "a joke".

--
Artistic ventures highlighted. Rob a museum.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 7:50:48 AM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Terry Porter belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> You are both in danger of becoming the next Culley.
>
> According to timmytroll smith.
>
>> Don't let that happen.
>
> Timmytroll is worried about Chris Ahlstrom, how sweet of him.

What's interesting is that this is the second time someone has indirectly
exhorted me to back off of Hadron. The second time that someone has
effectively interceded on Hadron's behalf.

The first was an anonymous email to my wife's work email.

And now Timmy.

Why would anyone defend this snivelling, sneering Hadron kook?

--
"... an experienced, industrious, ambitious, and often quite often
picturesque liar."

DFS

May 18, 2009, 10:09:56 AM5/18/09
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> <nvidia lie snipped>
>> ...or how best to stop .rc services. Or when you told everyone I did
>> not use Debian.
>
> I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
> above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not
> referring to them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons".
> Instead, you use the /Windows/ term -- "services".

What do you mean the Windows term?

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/Linux_services.PNG

Guess you don't use Linux either, you nasty fraud.

William Poaster

May 18, 2009, 9:14:20 AM5/18/09
On Mon, 18 May 2009 07:29:30 -0400, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining

of the trolls Chris Ahlstrom was heard to say:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out

> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> <nvidia lie snipped>
>> ...or how best to stop .rc services. Or when you told everyone I did not
>> use Debian.
>
> I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
> above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not referring to
> them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons". Instead, you use the
> /Windows/ term -- "services".

Well, well, that *is* interesting!

cc

May 18, 2009, 10:12:14 AM5/18/09
On May 18, 7:23 am, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
> > On May 17, 7:38 pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>
> >> The weirdest thing is Tim putting Hadron and myself on an equal footing, as
> >> if the situation were symmetrical.  Me, posting honest (if sometimes
> >> errant?) advocacy and honest opinions about Microsoft under my own name, and
> >> Hadron ridiculing, sneering, insulting, and making up "porkies" about what
> >> people have claimed, under the rubric of anonymous coward.
>
> > You constantly refer to Hadron, and he constantly refers to you, even
> > when it's not necessary. That's how the situation is symmetrical.
>
> Oh yeah, I get a lot of satisfaction seeding google with the rantings of an
> anonymous coward.  <eyes roll>

I didn't mention satisfaction or seeding google. You bring up Hadron
alot. He brings up you alot.

> In any case, although making fun of Hadron is easy, if you jerks would shut
> up about him and stop quoting his contemptible references to my given name
> and to my former nym, that would go a long way to shutting me up about him.

Ironic, since you're the one who can't shut up about him, and vice
versa. May I suggest killfiling responses to him if you don't like
what he writes and don't want to see it at all?

> But you all enjoy the conflict, I'm sure.

Not really. I can't speak for my fellow Microsoft astroturfers and
evangelicals though.

JEDIDIAH

May 18, 2009, 10:15:23 AM5/18/09

...not he just knows alien Windows-ism when he sees them.

Stuff like this are put there so morons like you won't be confused.

--
OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
/ | \

Hadron

May 18, 2009, 10:34:12 AM5/18/09
"DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes:

They are also referred to services in many text books and in casual
speak. The we have the creepy one proving he is himself dishonest since
he clearly hasn't heard of XYZ Service Managers.

But tell you what, Google up the conversation in the Debian group to
prove to yourself what a little liar and fraud he is. Sod it, I'll do
it:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.linux.debian/browse_thread/thread/2ff1eea5ccdf94d0/c2c5618210c40f45?hl=en&q=disabling+gdm+-+stability+warning%3F+-+alt.os.linux.debian#

or

http://tinyurl.com/pshpre

PLEASE read it and draw your own conclusions. Then go back up and
re-read what the the little fraud is saying. I was using short notation
above with the .rc (possibly stupidly) but the thread above will make
EVERYTHING clear as to why I think he's a liar and bullshitter.

A little extract:

,----
| He can use "update-rc.d -f service remove" or he can create the mirror K
| link. Moving things completely out of the rc directories is not a good
| idea.
|
| by *far* the best way is to just rename the link and change the S for a
| K.
`----

See? He has NO morals.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 11:02:43 AM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> I didn't mention satisfaction or seeding google. You bring up Hadron

> alot. He brings up you alot.

Actually, Hadron brings up me all the time, it seems. Normally, I don't see
it, which suits me gind.

>> In any case, although making fun of Hadron is easy, if you jerks would shut
>> up about him and stop quoting his contemptible references to my given name
>> and to my former nym, that would go a long way to shutting me up about him.
>
> Ironic, since you're the one who can't shut up about him, and vice
> versa. May I suggest killfiling responses to him if you don't like
> what he writes and don't want to see it at all?

Good idea, only partly implemented.

--
Beware of a tall black man with one blond shoe.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 11:07:27 AM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, JEDIDIAH belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> On 2009-05-18, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
>>> this bit o' wisdom:

>>> I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
>>> above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not
>>> referring to them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons".
>>> Instead, you use the /Windows/ term -- "services".
>>
>> What do you mean the Windows term?
>>
>> http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/Linux_services.PNG
>>
>> Guess you don't use Linux either, you nasty fraud.

Sure I do, doofus. Been using it long enough to know the original terms,
not the Windowisms, you nasty clown.

Why don't you go manage some "folders", yapping hyena?

> ...not he just knows alien Windows-ism when he sees them.
>
> Stuff like this are put there so morons like you won't be confused.

Exactly. Hadron's use of the wrong terms sticks out like a sore thumb,
given his claims about using Debian Linux.

--
You can create your own opportunities this week. Blackmail a senior executive.

Erik Funkenbusch

May 18, 2009, 12:35:54 PM5/18/09
On Mon, 18 May 2009 07:20:16 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> What? From what I've seen, what Hadron tosses in are gratuitous lies or
> mischaracterizations of what I've written. That, to me, is far worse than
> his silly (but admittedly funny) line of "Arsestrop" puns.

I agree that Hadron has been over the top in responding to you, but you
have also been highly unreasonable in the way you respond as well. You're
the proverbial contrarian, saying "does not" to any "does" said by those
you see yourself on the opposite side of, regardless of whether that makes
sense.

You used to be much more reasonable (well, you used to go through phases
where you would be reasonable) but you've gotten a lot worse.

Tim Smith

May 18, 2009, 12:50:23 PM5/18/09
In article <OLbQl.42208$i9....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:

> Why would anyone defend this snivelling, sneering Hadron kook?

I'm not defending Hadron, Chris. Analogy: if I found that you were
going out nightly having unprotected sex with drug addict prostitutes,
I'd suggest to you that you at least wear a condom. That would not mean
I'm defending drug addict prostitutes.

--
--Tim Smith

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 1:12:36 PM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> On Mon, 18 May 2009 07:20:16 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>> What? From what I've seen, what Hadron tosses in are gratuitous lies or
>> mischaracterizations of what I've written. That, to me, is far worse than
>> his silly (but admittedly funny) line of "Arsestrop" puns.
>
> I agree that Hadron has been over the top in responding to you, but you
> have also been highly unreasonable in the way you respond as well.

Indeed. Why? He deserves nothing better -- Hadron is a liar and a POS.

> You're the proverbial contrarian, saying "does not" to any "does" said by
> those you see yourself on the opposite side of, regardless of whether that
> makes sense.

Bullshit.

> You used to be much more reasonable (well, you used to go through phases
> where you would be reasonable) but you've gotten a lot worse.

Bullshit. That's the same troll gambit Hadron uses.

Take note of how gently these trolls are treating Hadron.

--
Good day for overcoming obstacles. Try a steeplechase.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 1:14:11 PM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <OLbQl.42208$i9....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

So you're comparing insulting Hadron to having unprotected sex with drug
addict prostitutes?

--
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of
Congress. But I repeat myself.

cc

May 18, 2009, 2:14:57 PM5/18/09
On May 18, 1:12 pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:

> Take note of how gently these trolls are treating Hadron.

I guess that's a good point, and it is hard to look objectively at
people. But I'd like you to keep that in mind when it's pointed out
how gently you treat Roy.

Hadron

May 18, 2009, 2:16:08 PM5/18/09
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

Liarmutt makes no case for himself yet again.

He calls people "cunts" and "fuckheads". He openly insults and ridicules
main OSS contributors like Joerg Schilling.

He openly lies about things I have told him about Debian. Links have
been provided to prove he was lying.

He constantly supports other "advocates" in the face of overwhelming
evidence that he is wrong and then whines like a baby that he's not
interested in facts from other sources.

He's a suck up and he has got a lot worse recently. Even you have
accused him of sucking up and supporting people contrary to all the
evidence.

Hadron

May 18, 2009, 2:18:21 PM5/18/09
cc <scat...@hotmail.com> writes:

"Gently" ! LOL. Understatement of the decade. I understand Roy has no
need of a bidet.

Homer

May 18, 2009, 2:19:40 PM5/18/09
Verily I say unto thee, that SomeBloke spake thusly:
> On Sun, 17 May 2009 13:57:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:
>> Fox in the COLA Hen House <Th...@Fox.com> writes:

>>> You idiot, it's a Denial of Service attack

So a DDoS is not vindictive?

Or perhaps you think SomeBloke is an "idiot" because he claims to be
able to access a site under DDoS attack without issue, despite the fact
that DDoS countermeasures, such as Center Track, Packet Marking, and
Load Balancing have been well known and utilised for years.

>>> you moron. How dumb can you be? LOL
>>>
>> Scary isn't it?

Yes, the level of ignorance exhibited by you drooling Microsoft
astroturfers is absolutely terrifying, especially as it's your precious
Microsoft Swiss-Cheese operating system that's facilitating these
attacks in the first place.

>> It's probably Liarmutt and all the rest of Roy's arse kissers
>> refreshing the page waiting for more of his "advocacy" ....

There's more worth reading in just one of Roy's posts than in the
collected works of everything every Microsoft shill in COLA will ever
write, say or think, for the whole of their miserable, worthless lives.

> Oh look, it's a twat masquerading as a human being. Scary isn't it?

You're too generous.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

19:19:24 up 5 days, 21:40, 4 users, load average: 0.19, 0.21, 0.18

Sinister Midget

May 18, 2009, 2:47:07 PM5/18/09
On 2009-05-18, Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> claimed:

> What's interesting is that this is the second time someone has indirectly
> exhorted me to back off of Hadron. The second time that someone has
> effectively interceded on Hadron's behalf.
>
> The first was an anonymous email to my wife's work email.
>
> And now Timmy.
>
> Why would anyone defend this snivelling, sneering Hadron kook?

They're a FUD cell (similar to a terror cell, but far more
destructive). If one of them gets canned, they all have to go meet the
72 virgins* collectively.

* 72 sheep or chickens most likely

--
Microsoft: The company that made graphics files dangerous.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 3:01:38 PM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> On May 18, 1:12�pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:

Are you kidding? Roy is head-and-shoulders above Hadron, not only in
veracity, but in politeness and civility.

--
Q: Why did the programmer call his mother long distance?
A: Because that was her name.

cc

May 18, 2009, 4:30:48 PM5/18/09
On May 18, 3:01 pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
> > On May 18, 1:12 pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>
> >> Take note of how gently these trolls are treating Hadron.
>
> > I guess that's a good point, and it is hard to look objectively at
> > people. But I'd like you to keep that in mind when it's pointed out
> > how gently you treat Roy.
>
> Are you kidding?  Roy is head-and-shoulders above Hadron, not only in
> veracity, but in politeness and civility.

I take serious issue with the veracity claim, but again these kinds of
exchanges are kind of my point. You can't believe that I'd give Hadron
the time of day because he's rude, and I can't believe you'd give Roy
the time of day because he's insane. At the very least we should be
able to see where each other is coming from.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 4:50:54 PM5/18/09

Yes. Your are an idiot.

--
Q: Why don't Scotsmen ever have coffee the way they like it?
A: Well, they like it with two lumps of sugar. If they drink

Hadron

May 18, 2009, 4:51:57 PM5/18/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On May 18, 1:12 pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Take note of how gently these trolls are treating Hadron.
>>
>> I guess that's a good point, and it is hard to look objectively at
>> people. But I'd like you to keep that in mind when it's pointed out
>> how gently you treat Roy.
>
> Are you kidding? Roy is head-and-shoulders above Hadron, not only in
> veracity, but in politeness and civility.

Sure he is you little suck up. Sure he is.

Post a link to a SINGLE lie from me about Linux. I can post a few from
you.

I can also post MANY links to you showing off about things you knew
nothing about. The Mono one was particularly sweet.

And links to you shilling Roy despite Roy being demonstrably wrong and
twisting facts to suit his agenda.

All your whining wont change the facts.

And the facts ARE that YOU boasted about how much money you make from
Windows SW. They ARE that YOU called people "cunts" and "fuckheads" and
YOU told lies about me giving correct advice about NVidia drivers and
how best to stop services starting in Debian at system start to name but
two examples.

Now, you can froth and twist all you like. But YOU are on the hook. And
everyone knows it.

Don Zeigler

May 18, 2009, 6:19:57 PM5/18/09
William Poaster wrote:

>> I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
>> above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not referring to
>> them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons". Instead, you use the
>> /Windows/ term -- "services".
>
> Well, well, that *is* interesting!

I guess I don't use Linux either - I've always referred to that stuff as "that
stuff that runs in the background".

--
MCSE: Minesweeper Consultant and Solitaire Expert

Regards,
DZ (Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC)

Hadron

May 18, 2009, 6:31:08 PM5/18/09
Don Zeigler <sit...@this.computer> writes:

> William Poaster wrote:
>
>>> I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
>>> above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not referring to
>>> them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons". Instead, you use the
>>> /Windows/ term -- "services".
>>
>> Well, well, that *is* interesting!
>
> I guess I don't use Linux either - I've always referred to that stuff as "that
> stuff that runs in the background".

Poaster is being ridiculous. I use "services" all the time. As do many
Linux publications.

http://www.linux.com/news/enterprise/systems-management/8116-an-introduction-to-services-runlevels-and-rcd-scripts

,----
| A Linux service is an application (or set of applications) that runs in
| the background waiting to be used, or carrying out essential tasks. I've
| already mentioned a couple of typical ones (Apache and MySQL). You will
| generally be unaware of services until you need them.
`----

Truly, truly pathetic of Willy and Ahlstrom. Especially since Ahlstrom
knows full well I corrected him about how to configure the start ups in
Debian.

William Poaster

May 18, 2009, 6:35:08 PM5/18/09
On Mon, 18 May 2009 22:19:57 +0000, above the shrieking, FUDding & whining
of the trolls Don Zeigler was heard to say:

> William Poaster wrote:
>
>>> I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
>>> above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not referring to
>>> them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons". Instead, you use the
>>> /Windows/ term -- "services".
>>
>> Well, well, that *is* interesting!
>
> I guess I don't use Linux either - I've always referred to that stuff as "that
> stuff that runs in the background".

Oh, using technical terms, huh. ;-)

Chris Ahlstrom

May 18, 2009, 7:27:41 PM5/18/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Don Zeigler belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> William Poaster wrote:

>>> I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
>>> above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not referring to
>>> them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons". Instead, you use the
>>> /Windows/ term -- "services".
>>
>> Well, well, that *is* interesting!
>
> I guess I don't use Linux either - I've always referred to that stuff as "that
> stuff that runs in the background".

But /you/ don't make a big hairy deal about "I love Linux" and "I schooled
him on Linux topic XXX" and then spout boners about Linux.

There's nothing wrong with any level of knowledge, but it is silly to pass
off Googled material as personal knowledge.

--
Avert misunderstanding by calm, poise, and balance.

Hadron

May 18, 2009, 7:39:28 PM5/18/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Don Zeigler belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Well, well, that *is* interesting!
>>
>> I guess I don't use Linux either - I've always referred to that stuff as "that
>> stuff that runs in the background".
>
> But /you/ don't make a big hairy deal about "I love Linux" and "I schooled
> him on Linux topic XXX" and then spout boners about Linux.

What boners? What are you talking about? The .rc was more of a typo and
there is nothing wrong with calling them services - it's a generic term
as well as being WIDELY used in Linux terminology. You're an idiot at
times.

Sod it : here's the link AGAIN:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-to-controlling-access-to-linux-services.html

And some more:

http://www.rootprompt.org/article.php3?article=11427
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/syndicated-linux-news-67/lxer-ubuntu-debian-linux-services-configuration-tool-to-start-stop-system-servi-606574/
http://theos.in/desktop-linux/removing-unwanted-startup-debian-files-or-services/

Now, stop making a fool of yourself and shut up for a change instead of
continuing to talk nonsense. You were wrong again. You sensed you could,
with Willy, show me up and yet again you two are wrong, wrong and more
wrong. How many more links do you need?

> There's nothing wrong with any level of knowledge, but it is silly to pass
> off Googled material as personal knowledge.

As you do all the time. As you did about DDD. And Mono. Amongst other
things.

Would you like me to post those links again?

WHY do you tell so many lies? You KNOW I didn't Google anything. You
KNOW I was right and you were wrong.

Hells bells Ahlstrom, you even admitted I was right a short while ago
after you hosed your Debian machine after a kernel update.

Grow up man and stop trying to rewrite history.

DFS

May 18, 2009, 9:18:20 PM5/18/09
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, JEDIDIAH belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:

>>> What do you mean the Windows term?
>>>
>>> http://www.angelfire.com/linux/dfs0/Linux_services.PNG
>>>
>>> Guess you don't use Linux either, you nasty fraud.
>
> Sure I do, doofus.

Since you thought "services" was a Windows-only term, you clearly do not.

> Been using it long enough to know the original
> terms, not the Windowisms, you nasty clown.

Thanks for admitting Linux crapware is just a johnny-come-lately Windows
wannabe.

> Why don't you go manage some "folders", yapping hyena?

You make sure and do the same, fool.

http://www.thinkingserious.com/2008/05/03/using-nautilus-to-easily-share-linux-folders-with-your-network/

http://thunar.xfce.org/documentation/C/working-with-files-and-folders.html

>> ...not he just knows alien Windows-ism when he sees them.
>>
>> Stuff like this are put there so morons like you won't be confused.
>
> Exactly. Hadron's use of the wrong terms sticks out like a sore
> thumb, given his claims about using Debian Linux.

What does the use of "services" on the Slackware website say about the
founder? Is he a moron too?

"Runlevels 2, 3, and 4 will startup the network services if you have that
enabled."
http://www.slackware.com/config/init.php

Are the Debian developers morons?
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-gateway.en.html

You're an idiot, Linosuck.

cc

May 18, 2009, 9:37:02 PM5/18/09
On May 18, 4:50 pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>

> > On May 18, 3:01 pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> >> After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out
> >>   this bit o' wisdom:

> >> Are you kidding?  Roy is head-and-shoulders above Hadron, not only in
> >> veracity, but in politeness and civility.
>
> > I take serious issue with the veracity claim, but again these kinds of
> > exchanges are kind of my point. You can't believe that I'd give Hadron
> > the time of day because he's rude, and I can't believe you'd give Roy
> > the time of day because he's insane. At the very least we should be
> > able to see where each other is coming from.
>
> Yes.  Your are an idiot.

Sure thing.

Tim Smith

May 18, 2009, 10:48:31 PM5/18/09
In article <3ygQl.42990$v8....@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,

Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> > I'm not defending Hadron, Chris. Analogy: if I found that you were
> > going out nightly having unprotected sex with drug addict prostitutes,
> > I'd suggest to you that you at least wear a condom. That would not mean
> > I'm defending drug addict prostitutes.
>
> So you're comparing insulting Hadron to having unprotected sex with drug
> addict prostitutes?

No. Stop pretending to be dense to troll.

--
--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

May 18, 2009, 11:27:27 PM5/18/09
In article <QrbQl.42198$i9.3...@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
> above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not referring to
> them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons". Instead, you use the
> /Windows/ term -- "services".

They are often called services in the Linux world, too, Chris. For
example, Recipe 7.5 from the "Linux Cookbook":

Recipe 7.5. Managing Debian's Runlevels

7.5.1. Problem

You need to manage what services start up at boot on a Debian
system, on each runlevel, because when you install new services,
such as Apache, Exim, or OpenSSH, Debian configures them to start at
boot. You're still testing things, so you want to start/stop them
manually. Or you want different services to start on different
runlevels during testing.

7.5.2. Solution

Use the update-rc.d command. This example adds a new service, the
KDE Display Manager, to runlevel 5. kdm is the name of a startup
file in /etc/init.d. There must be a trailing dot ending the
runlevels list:

# update-rc.d kdm start 99 5 . stop 01 0 1 2 3 4 6 .

This command removes a service from all runlevels. Removal is all or
nothing; you cannot be selective:

# update-rc.d -f kdm remove

Changing the runlevels for an existing service is a two-step
process: first remove it, then add it back to the levels in which
you want it to run. Be sure to make an entry for every service on
every runlevel, either stop or start.

Another example, from "Running Linux", 5th edition, section 17.5, where
it talks about the KSysV runlevel editor:

To the left, you can see the list of available services, and to the
right of it are two lines of boxes; the upper line for entering
runlevels, the lower line for leaving them. For each runlevel, one
box per line is shown (unless you turn some runlevels off using the
checkboxes in the status bar, which can be helpful if you only want
to work on a few runlevels).

To add a service to a runlevel, simply use the mouse to drag the
service name from the left to the box on the right. Don't forget to
do this for both the Start and the Stop box. To remove an entry from
a box, grab it and drag it to the waste bin in the lower-left
corner. You can also click any entry in the runlevel boxes to
configure it or to manually stop, start, or restart it immediately.

From "Ubuntu Unleashed 2008 Edition":

Starting and Stopping Services Manually

If you change a configuration file for a system service, it is
usually necessary to stop and restart the service to make it read
the new configuration. If you are reconfiguring the X server, it is
often convenient to change from runlevel 2 to runlevel 1 to make
testing easier and then switch back to runlevel 2 to re-enable the
graphical login. If a service is improperly configured, it is easier
to stop and restart it until you have it configured correctly than
it is to reboot the entire machine.

The traditional way to manage a service (as root) is to call the
service's /etc/init.d name on the command line with an appropriate
keyword, such as start, status, or stop. For example, to start the
Apache web server, call the /etc/init.d/apache2 script like this:

You might also take a look at the rc man page from FreeBSD, which freely
mixes the terms "daemon" and "service".

Or you could take a look at the files in /etc/rc.d. A large number of
them have comments that talk about the "service" that the file controls,
on both the Ubuntu and SUSE systems that I just checked.

--
--Tim Smith

Sinister Midget III

May 19, 2009, 1:56:03 AM5/19/09
On 2009-05-17, Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> claimed:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:

>>> That's about as good as Linux advocacy gets with the insane Quark troll.
>>
>> Both of you should spend a while reflecting on the sad case of Roy
>> Culley. He became obsessed over Erik Funkenbusch, and that obsession
>> apparently drove him somewhat insane. He started responding to pretty
>> much everything Erik said If Erik said something sensible (which he
>> does most of the time), Culley would take the opposite position. Culley
>> would constantly bring up old mistakes of Erik's. Culley created
>> aliases and used them to attack Erik. He signed up to services in
>> Erik's name.
>>
>> You are both in danger of becoming the next Culley. Don't let that
>> happen.
>
> What a load of garbage, Tim. While I admit I respond by proxy to that
> raving asshole Hadron too much, what you said above is simply nonsensical
> bullshit in regard to myself or Hadron. As far as I know, Hadron has not
> ventured beyond COLA to do me harm, other than seeding Google with
> lying statements to which he attaches my full name.
>
> Hadron came in here and has constantly attacked me for basically no reason.
> Hadron is merely a disruptive Usenet kook. If I never saw his trolling crap
> in responses to troll feeders such as HPT and Jed, I wouldn't give him a
> second thought.
>
> Are trying to insinuate that Hadron is a sensible human being in COLA?
>
> Take your advice and stick it where the sun don't shine, Tim. You are as
> much a troll as Hadron. It's just that you are sneakier about your
> nastiness.

I'd quake in my boots if I received such a dire warning from Timmy.

Useless Invention: Blinker Fluid.
Eee PC900 16G SSD 2G RAM Ubuntu 9.04

Gregory Shearman

May 19, 2009, 2:36:48 AM5/19/09
On 2009-05-18, Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> In article <OLbQl.42208$i9....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,
>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Why would anyone defend this snivelling, sneering Hadron kook?
>>
>> I'm not defending Hadron, Chris. Analogy: if I found that you were
>> going out nightly having unprotected sex with drug addict prostitutes,
>> I'd suggest to you that you at least wear a condom. That would not mean
>> I'm defending drug addict prostitutes.
>
> So you're comparing insulting Hadron to having unprotected sex with drug
> addict prostitutes?

I'll buy that.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

Peter Köhlmann

May 19, 2009, 3:17:03 AM5/19/09
Gregory Shearman wrote:

Actually, you should not insult drug addicted prostitutes who have
unprotected sex by comparing them to Hadron Snot Quark in whatever way
--
Confucius: He who play in root, eventually kill tree.

Hadron

May 19, 2009, 5:03:59 AM5/19/09
"DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes:

He sure is.

It's embarrassing to see.

Hadron

May 19, 2009, 5:06:16 AM5/19/09
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

This one, like Goldmembers skin, is a "keeper".

It amazes me that Ahlstrom can be so wrong so many times in his haste to
suck up to "advocates".

He actually accuses me of NOT using Linux when I have proven to him time
and time again I do AND he has recognised I was right and he was wrong
over such core issues as installing drivers.

His failure to recognise the "generic" term "services" is truly
ridiculous.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 19, 2009, 6:43:48 AM5/19/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <3ygQl.42990$v8....@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,

Tim, you are a humorless putz.

--
You will always have good luck in your personal affairs.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 19, 2009, 6:51:56 AM5/19/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <QrbQl.42198$i9.3...@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>> I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
>> above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not referring to
>> them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons". Instead, you use the
>> /Windows/ term -- "services".
>
> They are often called services in the Linux world, too, Chris. For
> example, Recipe 7.5 from the "Linux Cookbook":
>

> You might also take a look at the rc man page from FreeBSD, which freely
> mixes the terms "daemon" and "service".
>
> Or you could take a look at the files in /etc/rc.d. A large number of
> them have comments that talk about the "service" that the file controls,
> on both the Ubuntu and SUSE systems that I just checked.

Big deal. The original term was "daemon", not "services". "Services" is
a Microsoft term. My point about Hadron's depth-of-knowledge and
Windows-favoring orientation still stands.

Not to mention his lack of usage of the term "runlevel", and his conflating
of rc configuration files with the rcX.d runlevel scheme.

Other Windowsisms/Microsoftisms that have infected original parlance:

directories --> folders
member functions --> methods
mini-notebook --> netbook
innovation --> copying Mac and Linux
popular --> monopolistic

--
You have an ambitious nature and may make a name for yourself.

chrisv

May 19, 2009, 10:11:26 AM5/19/09
Homer wrote:

>> asshole wrote:

>perhaps you think SomeBloke is an "idiot" because he claims to be

>able to access a site under DDoS attack without issue, despite the fact
>that DDoS countermeasures, such as Center Track, Packet Marking, and
>Load Balancing have been well known and utilised for years.

The trolling fsckwits don't know anything about that stuff - they just
saw an opportunity to "assume" certain things, since they were not
clearly spelled-out, so they could do a worst-case interpretation of
what an advocate said.

>>> Scary isn't it?
>
>Yes, the level of ignorance exhibited by you drooling Microsoft
>astroturfers is absolutely terrifying, especially as it's your precious
>Microsoft Swiss-Cheese operating system that's facilitating these
>attacks in the first place.

Exactly. The Quack asshole and his leg-humper just made complete
jackasses of themselves, yet again.

Snit

May 19, 2009, 11:13:26 AM5/19/09
Peter K�hlmann stated in post gutmdf$mm$01$1...@news.t-online.com on 5/19/09
12:17 AM:

> you should not insult drug addicted prostitutes who have
> unprotected sex

Peter, you live a very different life than the rest of us. Ick.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Sinister Midget

May 19, 2009, 11:14:27 AM5/19/09
On 2009-05-19, Gregory Shearman <ZekeG...@netscape.net> claimed:

You may be thinking in reverse here. Having Quack insult you would be
the equivalent of having sex with drug addicted prostitutes. Not the
other way around.

--
Bugs come in through open Windows.

chrisv

May 19, 2009, 11:49:57 AM5/19/09
Sinister Midget wrote:

> Gregory Shearman <ZekeG...@netscape.net> claimed:

>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So you're comparing insulting Hadron to having unprotected sex with drug
>>> addict prostitutes?
>>
>> I'll buy that.
>
>You may be thinking in reverse here. Having Quack insult you would be
>the equivalent of having sex with drug addicted prostitutes. Not the
>other way around.

I think insulting Quack is like insulting any other stinking piece of
shit. It doesn't care.

--
"we have proven that people dont want to use OO at home in case it
corrupts their work docuemtns." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

Tim Smith

May 19, 2009, 12:50:42 PM5/19/09
In article <F6wQl.43367$b9.2...@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,

Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> Big deal. The original term was "daemon", not "services". "Services" is
> a Microsoft term. My point about Hadron's depth-of-knowledge and
> Windows-favoring orientation still stands.
>
> Not to mention his lack of usage of the term "runlevel", and his conflating
> of rc configuration files with the rcX.d runlevel scheme.
>
> Other Windowsisms/Microsoftisms that have infected original parlance:
>
> directories --> folders

That came from the Apple Lisa, and has been used in pretty much every
GUI that uses the desktop metaphor since then.

> member functions --> methods

You are joking, right? That comes from Smalltalk.

--
--Tim Smith

Chris Ahlstrom

May 19, 2009, 1:45:27 PM5/19/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Sinister Midget wrote:

>> Gregory Shearman <ZekeG...@netscape.net> claimed:

>>> I'll buy that.
>>
>>You may be thinking in reverse here. Having Quack insult you would be
>>the equivalent of having sex with drug addicted prostitutes. Not the
>>other way around.
>
> I think insulting Quack is like insulting any other stinking piece of
> shit. It doesn't care.

No it does not. If it did, it would modify its behavior for the better.

--
You're definitely on their list. The question to ask next is what list it is.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 19, 2009, 1:46:32 PM5/19/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <F6wQl.43367$b9.2...@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,

So what where they came from?

They are now Microsoftisms, and I don't care much for them.

--
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and the lightning bug.

Tim Smith

May 19, 2009, 3:23:34 PM5/19/09
In article <b3CQl.42741$i9.1...@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> >> Other Windowsisms/Microsoftisms that have infected original parlance:
> >>
> >> directories --> folders
> >
> > That came from the Apple Lisa, and has been used in pretty much every
> > GUI that uses the desktop metaphor since then.
> >
> >> member functions --> methods
> >
> > You are joking, right? That comes from Smalltalk.
>
> So what where they came from?
>
> They are now Microsoftisms, and I don't care much for them.

So let me get this straight. We have long-standing terminology widely
used in computer science and software engineering, long before Microsoft
and Windows came along. Microsoft comes along, and correctly uses these
terms--and so that means they are now bad terms!?

--
--Tim Smith

Chris Ahlstrom

May 19, 2009, 3:27:40 PM5/19/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <b3CQl.42741$i9.1...@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

Indeed, Tim. I grew up with "directories" and "functions", and think
"folders" and "methods" are sissy talk.

So sue me.

--
You are as I am with You.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 19, 2009, 3:42:52 PM5/19/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Chris Ahlstrom belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

I forgot to add this:

I open up a copy of "GNU C Library: System & Network Applications",
and I look for "methods". Ooops, not there. Instead, I find "function
prototypes".

How about "folders"? No such animal. Must be a GUI concept, not a
computer concept. Instead I find reference to "directories".

My guess is Microsoft adopted the sissified terms because they thought they
sounded "modern", "cool", or "l337".

Ah dunne ken this new-fangler lingo; jiggerypokery when put up againe the
aulde wurruds.

--
Good news. Ten weeks from Friday will be a pretty good day.

Gregory Shearman

May 19, 2009, 5:02:31 PM5/19/09

No, I think I've got it the right way around.

Gregory Shearman

May 19, 2009, 5:03:21 PM5/19/09
On 2009-05-19, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> Sinister Midget wrote:
>
>> Gregory Shearman <ZekeG...@netscape.net> claimed:

>>> I'll buy that.
>>
>>You may be thinking in reverse here. Having Quack insult you would be
>>the equivalent of having sex with drug addicted prostitutes. Not the
>>other way around.
>
> I think insulting Quack is like insulting any other stinking piece of
> shit. It doesn't care.

There's also the worry about catching diseases from it, even with such
brief contact.

Gregory Shearman

May 19, 2009, 5:05:12 PM5/19/09
On 2009-05-19, Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> In article <QrbQl.42198$i9.3...@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,
>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>>> I don't have to tell anyone that, Hadron. You just convicted yourself
>>> above by mistakenly referring to "rcX.d" as ".rc", and by not referring to
>>> them by the actual terms, "runlevel" and "daemons". Instead, you use the
>>> /Windows/ term -- "services".
>>
>> They are often called services in the Linux world, too, Chris. For
>> example, Recipe 7.5 from the "Linux Cookbook":
>>
>> You might also take a look at the rc man page from FreeBSD, which freely
>> mixes the terms "daemon" and "service".
>>
>> Or you could take a look at the files in /etc/rc.d. A large number of
>> them have comments that talk about the "service" that the file controls,
>> on both the Ubuntu and SUSE systems that I just checked.
>
> Big deal. The original term was "daemon", not "services". "Services" is
> a Microsoft term. My point about Hadron's depth-of-knowledge and
> Windows-favoring orientation still stands.

Huh? Did /etc/services come from Windows?

Peter Köhlmann

May 19, 2009, 5:12:07 PM5/19/09
Gregory Shearman wrote:

/etc/services is not about daemons only
--
Hardware, n.:
The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 20, 2009, 7:18:05 AM5/20/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Gregory Shearman belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> On 2009-05-19, Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
>> this bit o' wisdom:
>>

>>> You might also take a look at the rc man page from FreeBSD, which freely
>>> mixes the terms "daemon" and "service".
>>

>> Big deal. The original term was "daemon", not "services". "Services" is
>> a Microsoft term. My point about Hadron's depth-of-knowledge and
>> Windows-favoring orientation still stands.
>
> Huh? Did /etc/services come from Windows?

No, it came from IANA, and has nothing to do with daemons -- they are port
numbers -- though, of course they're usually implemented as daemons on the
server side, but not on the client side.

Which makes Microsoft's misappropriation of the term even /more/ glaring!

Why does no one support this old duffer's insane ramblings about the
Microsoft usurpers and correct usage of technical terms!!?? <grin>

--
Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed
down-stairs a step at a time.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 20, 2009, 7:20:16 AM5/20/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Gregory Shearman belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> On 2009-05-19, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

Or even from the miasma it carries about it!

--
Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: To see his friend Gregory peck.

It is loading more messages.