This Roy Schestowitz Clown is Quite A Freak!

jeff....@yahoo.com

Feb 10, 2007, 6:57:01 PM2/10/07
Man, just 15 minutes of Googling and he lights up like a freaking Xmas
tree.
Twisted.
This boy is most twisted.
Shit after reading this crap, I'd be afraid to try Linux.
It might make me want to cut off my balls and marry another Linux
freak or something.
Here are a few examples of Roy Schestowitz in action.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f93bac3048dea4de?hl=en&

Anyone considering hiring this loony toon Roy Schestowitz should check
out his USENET posting history first.
Besides being a confirmed and admitted homosexual, a thief of other
peoples graphics work and all around weirdo he is an unstable person.
Should you hire him you will find yourself in a very uncomfortable
position when you try and fire him.
Stay clear of this nut!
You have been warned!

Hire Roy Schestowitz?
I'd be afraid to shake hands with him for fear of what migh hop off
him!

http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/msg/
58ff4550dccedfb3?hl=en&

In my last post I spoke of my long felt desire to become a girl. I
have
been searching for a surgeon who will perform a castration procedure
on
me but I am having no luck. Every MD I spoke with has informed me that
I will need to enter an SRS program and live totally as a woman for at
least 18 months before I can even begin to consider my transformation.
I have found this information and would like advice on the feasability
of doing it myself.
http://www.eunuch.org/Alpha/M/ea_181618my_self_.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-surgery
I do so desire to be a girl but I am worried that the procedure is
going to take up too much of my time which will leave me less time for
my advocacy work Linux user groups like comp.os.linux.advocacy.
Also being a student I do not have much money.
This is why I wish to perform the operation myself and eliminate the
middle man.
Additionaly I am seeking a sugar daddy to help pay for my hormone
treatments because despite getting my estrogen from Malaysia, it is
still quite expensive.
I of course will perform my duties in exchange for some help with the
cost of my treatment.
Please give me advice.
Kisses and hugs
Roy

So now the poor bastard wants to castrate himself?
How much worse can it get?

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5aa9bbd2a2ac3bf2?hl=en&

Quite a bit has happened since I decided to have my testicles removed
and start my gender re-assignment surgery.
Everything has healed quite nicely and I've been having sex like a
rabbit in heat!
Being a girl has it's disadvantages of course but the worst one is
having sit down when I pee.
How you gals do this?
Filthy loos and germs.
I might just have to start taking 5 showers per day like I used to.
I also don't like having to clean myself out after I have sex.
When I was living as a man and whacked off I would just spray some
Lysol on my penis and wipe it off.
Now after a guy finishes in me I am left sticky and smelly.
I hope I get used to this.

The most exciting event has happened in my life!
Mark Kent has proposed to me and as soon as he leaves his wife and
family we are to be married.
Of course we are going to have the wedding at Manchester University
where I live and we hope to have the invitations out by the fall.
I am a bit worried about supporting ourselves on Mark Kent's dustman's
salary but with a little creative accounting I should be able to
funnel some of my grant money toward living expenses.
I also have my website where I am getting plenty of hits due to my
posting in comp.os.linux.advocacy.
Thanks girls!
Well that is about it for now because I'm going out to purchase a new
set of shoes with the money I earned last night.
I'll post a picture of myself in my new outfit as soon as I recharge
the batteries in my camera which I had to use for something else last
night.

Cheers and kisses and hugs and so much more.
Roy/Racine

I'm sorry I asked.
This gal Roy, Racine whatever the freak is, must be totally twisted
out.
Man is this what Linux does to people?

Does Linux really make you want to cut off your balls and become a
gal?
Shit!
Linux ain't the OS for me.
I like pissing standing up.

Au79

Feb 10, 2007, 7:04:53 PM2/10/07
jeff....@yahoo.com wrote:

> <retarded bullshit snipped>

> Linux ain't the OS for me.

Good, leave and never come back, dopey bastard.

> I like pissing standing up.

That's doubtful.

Kier

Feb 10, 2007, 7:19:21 PM2/10/07
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:57:01 -0800, jeff.smiley wrote:

> Man, just 15 minutes of Googling and he lights up like a freaking Xmas
> tree.

And every single word of it is a lie, you cross-posting shithead.

--
Kier

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 10, 2007, 7:17:50 PM2/10/07
The racist, liar and software thief jeff.smiley (flatfish) nymshifted:

< snip flatfish droppings >

Hi flatfish.
Still using that open relay in Saudi Arabia, I see
--
Real programmers don't bring brown-bag lunches. If the vending machine
doesn't sell it, they don't eat it. Vending machines don't sell quiche.

chrisv

Feb 10, 2007, 8:00:08 PM2/10/07
jeff.smiley wrote:

> Man, just 15 minutes of

*plonk*

I might add, quite ironic, coming from a twisted freak who has nym-shifted
HUNDREDS of times to evade kill-files while he spreads his stupidity.

Robert Parsonage

Feb 10, 2007, 8:04:29 PM2/10/07
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:57:01 -0800, jeff.smiley wrote:

snip

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html

Rex Ballard

Feb 10, 2007, 8:22:12 PM2/10/07
On Feb 10, 6:57 pm, jeff.smi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Man, just 15 minutes of Googling and he lights up like a freaking Xmas
> tree.
> Twisted.
> This boy is most twisted.
> Shit after reading this crap, I'd be afraid to try Linux.

Actually, one of the more frustrating things about Roy's posts is that
he puts too many cites into a single posting. He tries to organize
them around a theme, but even then it's often hard to respond to all
of them in a single follow-up.

Roy's postings are completely appropriate to this group. He posts
articles and blogs that are very closely related to Linux, it's
competitors, and it's supporters.

He doesn't quote the entire article, just enough to intice the reader
into following the link to the original article.

Keep posting Roy! But please limit each post to 3 related articles so
that we don't end up with long posts that drift too far off topic.

Message has been deleted

Robert Parsonage

Feb 10, 2007, 8:39:53 PM2/10/07
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 01:28:07 +0000, Lon wrote:

> "Rex Ballard" <rex.b...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> Actually, one of the more frustrating things about Roy's posts
>> is that he puts too many cites into a single posting.

I agree Rex. Keep the message short and simple. No need for citing
other links in my opinion.

> What about ALL the cross posting??

I haven't noticed Roy x-posting his news posts. It is the windows
trolls that do the x-posting.

Peter B. P.

Feb 10, 2007, 8:30:20 PM2/10/07
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

Isn't it time we got comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated ?

Or perhaps just comp.os.non-microsoft.moderated ?

--
regards , Peter B. P. - http://titancity.com/blog , http://macplanet.dk

If guns kill, do pencils cause spelling errors?

Art Deco

Feb 10, 2007, 9:16:43 PM2/10/07
Peter B. P. <pe...@DIESPAMMERDIE.dk> wrote:

>chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> jeff.smiley wrote:
>>
>> > Man, just 15 minutes of
>>
>> *plonk*
>>
>> I might add, quite ironic, coming from a twisted freak who has nym-shifted
>> HUNDREDS of times to evade kill-files while he spreads his stupidity.
>
>Isn't it time we got comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated ?
>
>Or perhaps just comp.os.non-microsoft.moderated ?

I recommend comp.os.os2.advocacy.moderated

"To err is human, to cover it up is Weasel" -- Dogbert

RonB

Feb 10, 2007, 2:30:59 PM2/10/07
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:19:21 +0000, Kier wrote:

> And every single word of it is a lie, you cross-posting shithead.

I guess Roy posts too much pro-Linux news on a Linux Advocacy newsgroup.
Tends to piss the WinTrolls off for some reason.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"

RonB

Feb 10, 2007, 2:32:34 PM2/10/07
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 02:39:53 +0100, Robert Parsonage wrote:

> I haven't noticed Roy x-posting his news posts. It is the windows
> trolls that do the x-posting.

Exactly.

Robert Parsonage

Feb 10, 2007, 10:43:36 PM2/10/07
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:16:43 -0700, Art Deco wrote:

> Peter B. P. <pe...@DIESPAMMERDIE.dk> wrote:
>
>> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Or perhaps just comp.os.non-microsoft.moderated ?
>
> I recommend comp.os.os2.advocacy.moderated

Isn't that where Funkenbusch came from? :-)

chrisv

Feb 10, 2007, 10:56:07 PM2/10/07
Peter B. P. wrote:
> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> jeff.smiley wrote:
>>
>>> Man, just 15 minutes of
>>
>> *plonk*
>>
>> I might add, quite ironic, coming from a twisted freak who has
>> nym-shifted HUNDREDS of times to evade kill-files while he spreads
>> his stupidity.
>
> Isn't it time we got comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated ?

Just eliminate it.

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 11, 2007, 1:30:50 AM2/11/07
__/ [ RonB ] on Saturday 10 February 2007 19:30 \__

> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:19:21 +0000, Kier wrote:
>
>> And every single word of it is a lie, you cross-posting shithead.
>
> I guess Roy posts too much pro-Linux news on a Linux Advocacy newsgroup.
> Tends to piss the WinTrolls off for some reason.

I know it's a troll threat, but I'll just clarify 2 things:

1. I don't nymshift. There are imposters that do this.

2. I don't crosspost. It's either trolls or imposter (or both) that do this.

Rafael

Feb 11, 2007, 3:15:45 AM2/11/07

Unfortunately, there are sick, twisted people out there. Impostor is
another form of troll. They appear to be quite incapable of carrying on
a decent conversation, let alone express truth.

--
Cheers, Rafael

http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 11, 2007, 4:36:44 AM2/11/07
__/ [ Rafael ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 08:15 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ RonB ] on Saturday 10 February 2007 19:30 \__

>>> I guess Roy posts too much pro-Linux news on a Linux Advocacy newsgroup.
>>> Tends to piss the WinTrolls off for some reason.
>>
>> I know it's a troll threat, but I'll just clarify 2 things:

Oops. "thread", not "threat".

>> 1. I don't nymshift. There are imposters that do this.
>> 2. I don't crosspost. It's either trolls or imposter (or both) that do
>> this.
>
> Unfortunately, there are sick, twisted people out there. Impostor is
> another form of troll. They appear to be quite incapable of carrying on
> a decent conversation, let alone express truth.

For the past two weeks (roughly), one troll has been going through about 1000
of my messages in Google Groups. He rated all of them 1 out of 5. There's
similar stuff going on in Digg.com.

--
~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Open syntax, Open API's, Open standards
roy pts/4 Sat Feb 10 05:49 - 05:49 (00:00)

Hans Schneider

Feb 11, 2007, 5:00:02 AM2/11/07
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

> __/ [ Rafael ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 08:15 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> __/ [ RonB ] on Saturday 10 February 2007 19:30 \__

>>> I know it's a troll threat, but I'll just clarify 2 things:
>
> Oops. "thread", not "threat".
>
>>> 1. I don't nymshift. There are imposters that do this.
>>> 2. I don't crosspost. It's either trolls or imposter (or both) that do
>>> this.
>>
>> Unfortunately, there are sick, twisted people out there. Impostor is
>> another form of troll. They appear to be quite incapable of carrying on
>> a decent conversation, let alone express truth.
>
> For the past two weeks (roughly), one troll has been going through about 1000
> of my messages in Google Groups. He rated all of them 1 out of 5. There's
> similar stuff going on in Digg.com.

Complain to google and have him stopped is the best way. No one can
approve of such things for sure.

Robert Parsonage

Feb 11, 2007, 5:12:25 AM2/11/07
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:36:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> For the past two weeks (roughly), one troll has been going through
> about 1000 of my messages in Google Groups. He rated all of them 1
> out of 5. There's similar stuff going on in Digg.com.

Stop moaning Roy. You put yourself in this position. Live with it.
Just stick to Linux advocacy and ignore the attacks. I'm not the only
Linux advocate who appreciates your news posts.

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 11, 2007, 6:13:18 AM2/11/07
__/ [ Robert Parsonage ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 10:12 \__

I wasn't moaning at all. In fact, it's rather flattering to know that people
spend hours just trying to damage some meaningless numbers that are bound to
a stranger's profile. I just wanted to clarify this, just in case people see
my rates declining from 4/5 to 2/5 within a couple of weeks. Over at Digg,
people said to me things like "I don't understand why people mod you dowm".
In both cases, the ratings say nothing about who is voting, so it's open for
abuse.

--
~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | "I think I think, therefore I think I am"
Swap: 1036184k total, 426408k used, 609776k free, 92084k cached

Rafael

Feb 11, 2007, 7:00:15 AM2/11/07
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Robert Parsonage ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 10:12 \__
>> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:36:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> For the past two weeks (roughly), one troll has been going through
>>> about 1000 of my messages in Google Groups. He rated all of them 1
>>> out of 5. There's similar stuff going on in Digg.com.
>> Stop moaning Roy. You put yourself in this position. Live with it.
>> Just stick to Linux advocacy and ignore the attacks. I'm not the only
>> Linux advocate who appreciates your news posts.
>
> I wasn't moaning at all. In fact, it's rather flattering to know that people
> spend hours just trying to damage some meaningless numbers that are bound to
> a stranger's profile. I just wanted to clarify this, just in case people see
> my rates declining from 4/5 to 2/5 within a couple of weeks. Over at Digg,
> people said to me things like "I don't understand why people mod you dowm".
> In both cases, the ratings say nothing about who is voting, so it's open for
> abuse.

I have noticed in Digg how a Linvocate will post something noteworthy,
very sound, well substantiated and receive in short order from others a
good score.

Then some time passes, an apparent team comes by and downgrades it to
nothing. It just seems too coincidental.

William Poaster

Feb 11, 2007, 8:55:24 AM2/11/07
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:13:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Robert Parsonage ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 10:12 \__
>
>> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:36:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> For the past two weeks (roughly), one troll has been going through
>>> about 1000 of my messages in Google Groups. He rated all of them 1 out
>>> of 5. There's similar stuff going on in Digg.com.
>>
>> Stop moaning Roy. You put yourself in this position. Live with it. Just
>> stick to Linux advocacy and ignore the attacks. I'm not the only Linux
>> advocate who appreciates your news posts.
>
> I wasn't moaning at all. In fact, it's rather flattering to know that
> people spend hours just trying to damage some meaningless numbers that are
> bound to a stranger's profile. I just wanted to clarify this, just in case
> people see my rates declining from 4/5 to 2/5 within a couple of weeks.
> Over at Digg, people said to me things like "I don't understand why people
> mod you dowm". In both cases, the ratings say nothing about who is voting,
> so it's open for abuse.

IMO for the shills & trolls to be coming after you like this, Roy, you
must *really* be getting under their skin! They have no response to the
advance of GNU/linux, so all they can do is attack the messenger. Actually
that *could* backfire on them, because some people might take an interest
in what the fuss is about, which in turn could get them curious about
GNU/linux.

Excellent, keep up the good work. :-)

--
Contrary to popular belief, wintrolls *can*
tell the difference between their arse

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 11, 2007, 10:14:20 AM2/11/07
__/ [ Rafael ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 12:00 \__

Several of my friends at Digg have jumped ship. They said Digg got infected
with shills when it became infulential.

--
~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | "On the eighth day, God created UNIX"

Swap: 1036184k total, 454720k used, 581464k free, 100836k cached

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 11, 2007, 10:13:17 AM2/11/07
__/ [ William Poaster ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 13:55 \__

You know, being a little paranoid here, I'm beginning to wonder if PJ's
burnout ("health break") is a result of ongoing stomach illness that comes
from deliberate food poisoning. No, I'm not suggesting someone is putting
something in her food. I never said anything like this. No way.

--
~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | "On the eighth day, God created UNIX"

Swap: 1036184k total, 454720k used, 581464k free, 100836k cached

JanBen Hëlmüt

Feb 11, 2007, 10:53:05 AM2/11/07
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 02:30:20 +0100, Peter B. P. wrote
(in article <1htcmu1.1epzwucnhp7ruN%pe...@DIESPAMMERDIE.dk>):

> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> jeff.smiley wrote:
>>
>>> Man, just 15 minutes of
>>
>> *plonk*
>>
>> I might add, quite ironic, coming from a twisted freak who has nym-shifted
>> HUNDREDS of times to evade kill-files while he spreads his stupidity.
>
> Isn't it time we got comp.os.linux.advocacy.moderated ?
>
> Or perhaps just comp.os.non-microsoft.moderated ?

Yes, silly you.

--
Brutality Personified

http://www.asshelmets.com/
http://www.thetrolls.net/phpbb2/

Clogwog

Feb 11, 2007, 10:54:10 AM2/11/07
jeff....@yahoo.com wrote:
> Man, just 15 minutes of Googling and he lights up like a freaking Xmas
> tree.
> Twisted.
> This boy is most twisted.
> Shit after reading this crap, I'd be afraid to try Linux.
> It might make me want to cut off my balls and marry another Linux
> freak or something.
> Here are a few examples of Roy Schestowitz in action.
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f93bac3048dea4de?hl=en&
>
> Anyone considering hiring this loony toon Roy Schestowitz should check
> out his USENET posting history first.
> Besides being a confirmed and admitted homosexual

He was, but he's a woman now and has a steady relationship with Mark Kent!
;-)

> [...]
> funnel some of my grant money toward living expenses.
> I also have my website where I am getting plenty of hits due to my
> posting in comp.os.linux.advocacy.
> Thanks girls!
> Well that is about it for now because I'm going out to purchase a new
> set of shoes with the money I earned last night.
> I'll post a picture of myself in my new outfit as soon as I recharge
> the batteries in my camera which I had to use for something else last
> night.
>
> Cheers and kisses and hugs and so much more.
> Roy/Racine
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> I'm sorry I asked.
> This gal Roy, Racine whatever the freak is, must be totally twisted
> out.
> Man is this what Linux does to people?
>
> Does Linux really make you want to cut off your balls and become a

ed

Feb 11, 2007, 11:03:43 AM2/11/07
On 10 Feb 2007 15:57:01 -0800
jeff....@yahoo.com wrote:

> Does Linux really make you want to cut off your balls and become a
> gal?
> Shit!
> Linux ain't the OS for me.
> I like pissing standing up.

YHBT

--
The frame relay to Radvision is reporting 100% packet loss because of
Tom Pickren. Teleport is promising a severance package next week

toe....@yahoo.com

Feb 11, 2007, 11:30:35 AM2/11/07
> [...]

> middle man.
> Additionaly I am seeking a sugar daddy to help pay for my hormone
> treatments because despite getting my estrogen from Malaysia, it is
> still quite expensive.
> I of course will perform my duties in exchange for some help with the
> cost of my treatment.
> Please give me advice.
> Kisses and hugs
> Roy

> So now the poor bastard wants to castrate himself?
> How much worse can it get?
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5aa9bbd2a2a...
> This gal Roy, Racine whatever thefreakis, must be totally twisted

> out.
> Man is this what Linux does to people?
>
> Does Linux really make you want to cut off your balls and become a

Linux isn't so bad but Linux priests are kooks.
Take a look at this Roy Schestowitz character for example. He
obviously has some kind of psychological problem that compells him to
post to Linux groups 24x7 every day of the week.
It's some sort of sickness. There is no other explanation.

And it only gets worse. In another thread he is indicating that PJ
from digg might have been poisoned because
of her views and digg.

Is he crazy or what?
This (paranoia) is a trait of a real nutjob.

B Gruff

Feb 11, 2007, 8:30:29 PM2/11/07
On Saturday 10 February 2007 23:57 jeff....@yahoo.com wrote:

> Man, just 15 minutes of Googling

Ah yes - you again.

Please include "[Troll]" in all your future postings - it helps us to filter
out twats like you.

Rafael

Feb 12, 2007, 5:17:09 AM2/12/07
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> William Poaster on Sunday
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Robert Parsonage on Sunday

I am sorry to hear of PJ's illness. Greed sometimes makes people do
strange things, but wait .... I didn't say that.

I thought this statement was apt:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ccd7c227c30738db

> I see a completely different picture occurring overall in the world
> today. There are those who would like us to believe that popular
> network statistical organisations present us gospel truth, that so
> called certified studies of TCO make proprietary model more cost
> effective than the quiet FOSS, etc.
>
> The picture is actually quite different as we hear bits and pieces of
> different governments deploying FOSS and Linux. It is happening little
> by little, but when it happens, it is now occurring in large
> deployments. It is not arithmetic but exponential.
>
> The revolution has already begun and is making great strides.

Linux and FOSS has already won.

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 12, 2007, 7:49:38 AM2/12/07
__/ [ Rafael ] on Monday 12 February 2007 10:17 \__

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.com.com/JBoss+founder+departs+Red+Hat/2100-7344_3-6157917.html

--
~~ Happy birthday, Mr. Lincoln

Roy S. Schestowitz | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT GNU/Linux Ś PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
run-level 5 Jan 23 00:41 last=S

Mateus Denigris

Feb 14, 2007, 1:16:00 AM2/14/07

--
"Always do the right thing: It will delight / Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies
some and astound the rest" - Mark Twain / Psychotronic protection, low prices

"Anyone who uses the term 'intellectual property' is either confused or trying
to confuse you." - Richard Matthew Stallman

John Bailo

Feb 14, 2007, 1:49:56 AM2/14/07
jeff....@yahoo.com wrote:

> Man, just 15 minutes of Googling and he lights up like a freaking Xmas
> tree.

What? Your IQ? It's 75 as far as we know...

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 14, 2007, 2:36:12 AM2/14/07
__/ [ Mateus Denigris ] on Wednesday 14 February 2007 06:16 \__

> On 2007-02-11, Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>> __/ [ RonB ] on Saturday 10 February 2007 19:30 \__

>>> I guess Roy posts too much pro-Linux news on a Linux Advocacy newsgroup.
>>> Tends to piss the WinTrolls off for some reason.
>>
>> I know it's a troll threat, but I'll just clarify 2 things:
>>
>> 1. I don't nymshift. There are imposters that do this.
>>
>> 2. I don't crosspost. It's either trolls or imposter (or both) that do
>> this.
>
> GPG your posts.

I thought about it, but it will add clutter and annoy a few people. Also,
most people's readers (especially the trolls') won't support PGP for
validation (verification of identity).

--
~~ Happy Valentine's Day

Roy S. Schestowitz | "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"

roy pts/4 Wed Feb 14 03:19 - 03:19 (00:00)

Mark Kent

Feb 14, 2007, 10:05:52 AM2/14/07
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:

> __/ [ Rafael ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 12:00 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> __/ [ Robert Parsonage ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 10:12 \__

>>> I wasn't moaning at all. In fact, it's rather flattering to know that
>>> people spend hours just trying to damage some meaningless numbers that are
>>> bound to a stranger's profile. I just wanted to clarify this, just in case
>>> people see my rates declining from 4/5 to 2/5 within a couple of weeks.
>>> Over at Digg, people said to me things like "I don't understand why people
>>> mod you dowm". In both cases, the ratings say nothing about who is voting,
>>> so it's open for abuse.
>>
>> I have noticed in Digg how a Linvocate will post something noteworthy,
>> very sound, well substantiated and receive in short order from others a
>> good score.
>>
>> Then some time passes, an apparent team comes by and downgrades it to
>> nothing. It just seems too coincidental.
>
> Several of my friends at Digg have jumped ship. They said Digg got infected
> with shills when it became infulential.

Microsoft pay a lot of money out to ensure that this happens. One
reason why Cola is so effective is that such an approach cannot be
effective - something to consider.