Spermowitz Wants To Work From Home.

Boris Badenough

Oct 30, 2010, 12:49:47 PM10/30/10
http://techrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/irc-log-social-29102010.html

schestowitz I tested running MATLAB from the Fedora machine in the CS labs
today (manchester) [Oct 29 21:38]
schestowitz I think I'll convince my bosses to let me work from home while
I'm on IRC and all [Oct 29 21:38]
schestowitz That would be dream job

A dream job for the spammer and a nightmare for his employer.
I wonder if Manchester University knows what he is up to running his personal
sites during work time.

amicus_curious

Oct 31, 2010, 10:20:27 PM10/31/10

"Boris Badenough" <svufsu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

More likely their revenues are not tied to anything that he does and so they
are not willing to devote any time to overseeing his activities.

4+3

Oct 31, 2010, 11:34:57 PM10/31/10
"amicus_curious" <ac...@sti.net> wrote in

He earned a doctorate so he must be of value. I think you and the other
trolls are just jealous of Roy's accomplishments and the fact that he is
one uber hell of an advocate for foss and Linux. Maybe you should read his
sites and see what he has to say before slinging mud in his face.Roy is a
tireless advocate for Linux, foss and that just drives the Microsoft
sponsored trolls crazy.I'll bet you are posting from your day job as well.
We all do it to some degree.

amicus_curious

Nov 1, 2010, 9:14:32 AM11/1/10

"4+3" <4pl...@nocrapspam.org> wrote in message

Well, look where he allegedly earned it. Is there any corroboration of even
that? He is a loudmouth to be sure. Whether he is a tireless advocate or a
hopeless psychotic can be argued, too. It may be the same thing.

In any case, all his posting is indicative of his doing nothing else and, if
he is employed to actually do something for someone, he is a cheat. Take it
either way there, too, either is his abusing the trust of his employer or he
is unemployed. Personally, I am retired and the SSA doesn't really care
where I spend my time. Bridge, golf, or hassling you, it is all the same to
them.

Goblin

Nov 1, 2010, 7:24:55 PM11/1/10

Not to mention the off the shelf magazine Linux Format gave him a two
page interview in the December issue (and featured his photo on the
front cover)

Kind regards

Goblin.

--

Openbytes - the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! http://www.openbytes.co.cc
"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."

Mail: bytes...@googlemail.com
Skype: tim.openbytes
Identi.ca: http://identi.ca/openbytes
Twitter: http://twitter.com/_goblin

4+3

Nov 1, 2010, 10:34:10 PM11/1/10
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> wrote in

> On 11/01/2010 03:34 AM, 4+3 wrote:
>> "amicus_curious" <ac...@sti.net> wrote in
>>

>>> "Boris Badenough" <svufsu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> More likely their revenues are not tied to anything that he does and
>>> so they are not willing to devote any time to overseeing his
>>> activities.
>> He earned a doctorate so he must be of value. I think you and the other
>> trolls are just jealous of Roy's accomplishments and the fact that he
>> is one uber hell of an advocate for foss and Linux. Maybe you should
>> read his sites and see what he has to say before slinging mud in his
>> face.Roy is a tireless advocate for Linux, foss and that just drives
>> the Microsoft sponsored trolls crazy.I'll bet you are posting from your
>> day job as well. We all do it to some degree.
>>

> Not to mention the off the shelf magazine Linux Format gave him a two
> page interview in the December issue (and featured his photo on the
> front cover)
>
> Kind regards
>
> Goblin.

Thats' great news! It's nice to see Roy get some well deserved recognition
for all the years of hard work he has dedicated to FOSS and Linux in
particular. I enjoy reading his site and not a day goes by where I don't
learn something new and interesting from his posting. Hopefully he
continues to fight for freedom, FOSS and Linux. The web cast was pretty
good but you need to fix the buzzing. The unscripted approach seemed to
work well for you guys. Best wishes in the future and I hope it takes off.

High Plains Thumper

Nov 2, 2010, 12:10:43 AM11/2/10
Goblin wrote:

> 4+3 wrote:
>
>> He earned a doctorate so he must be of value. I think you and the other
>> trolls are just jealous of Roy's accomplishments and the fact that he
>> is one uber hell of an advocate for foss and Linux. Maybe you should
>> read his sites and see what he has to say before slinging mud in his
>> face.Roy is a tireless advocate for Linux, foss and that just drives
>> the Microsoft sponsored trolls crazy.I'll bet you are posting from your
>> day job as well. We all do it to some degree.
>
> Not to mention the off the shelf magazine Linux Format gave him a two
> page interview in the December issue (and featured his photo on the
> front cover)

[quote]
Issue 138 (December 2010) - Fedora vs Ubuntu

[...]

Interview: Roy Schestowitz

As the public face of Boycott Novell, which later changed its name to
TechRights, Roy's work has often been controversial, but always underlined
by stunning levels of research and cross-referencing. (Jono Bacon)
[/quote]

http://www.linuxformat.com/archives

Roy's picture 1st page of article:

http://www.linuxformat.com/files/pdfs/thumbnails/LXF138.iview.pdf.jpg

--
HPT

Chris Ahlstrom

Nov 2, 2010, 6:48:14 AM11/2/10
CROSSPOST SNIPPED

High Plains Thumper pulled this Usenet face plant:

And to think, we'd never have known about Roy's successes if it weren't for
some asinine troll.

:-D

--
One Page Principle:
A specification that will not fit on one page of 8.5x11 inch

Hadron

Nov 2, 2010, 6:58:11 AM11/2/10
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> writes:

Seriously : What success?

Hadron

Nov 2, 2010, 7:01:12 AM11/2/10
"4+3" <4pl...@nocrapspam.org> writes:

> "amicus_curious" <ac...@sti.net> wrote in
>

>> "Boris Badenough" <svufsu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> http://techrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/irc-log-social-29102010
>>> .html
>>>

>>> schestowitz I tested running MATLAB from the Fedora machine in the CS
>>> labs today (manchester) [Oct 29 21:38]
>>> schestowitz I think I'll convince my bosses to let me work from home
>>> while I'm on IRC and all [Oct 29 21:38]
>>> schestowitz That would be dream job
>>>

>>> A dream job for the spammer and a nightmare for his employer.
>>> I wonder if Manchester University knows what he is up to running his
>>> personal
>>> sites during work time.
>>
>> More likely their revenues are not tied to anything that he does and so
>> they are not willing to devote any time to overseeing his activities.
> He earned a doctorate so he must be of value. I think you and the
> other

A doctorate adds nothing to most people unless they work in the same
field that they researched for their doctorate. All it generally does is
cultivate a "stay in the ivory tower" approach to life (non med that is).

> trolls are just jealous of Roy's accomplishments and the fact that he is
> one uber hell of an advocate for foss and Linux. Maybe you should read
> his

He is singularly the WORST advocate for Linux after Dumb Willy Poaster
and Koehlmann. He tells lies, twists words and talks nonsense.

> sites and see what he has to say before slinging mud in his face.Roy
> is a

We see what he says as he used to Spam this group with it.

> tireless advocate for Linux, foss and that just drives the Microsoft
> sponsored trolls crazy.I'll bet you are posting from your day job as well.
> We all do it to some degree.

Roy had no job. Other than being paid to spam and get hits to his site
that is.

High Plains Thumper

Nov 2, 2010, 7:21:12 AM11/2/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> CROSSPOST SNIPPED
> High Plains Thumper pulled:

>> [quote]
>> Issue 138 (December 2010) - Fedora vs Ubuntu
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Interview: Roy Schestowitz
>>
>> As the public face of Boycott Novell, which later changed its name to
>> TechRights, Roy's work has often been controversial, but always
>> underlined by stunning levels of research and cross-referencing. (Jono
>> Bacon) [/quote]
>>
>> http://www.linuxformat.com/archives
>>
>> Roy's picture 1st page of article:
>>
>> http://www.linuxformat.com/files/pdfs/thumbnails/LXF138.iview.pdf.jpg
>
> And to think, we'd never have known about Roy's successes if it weren't
> for some asinine troll. :-D

I usually don't see troll posts unless someone has replied. In this case,
the troll rant is extremely moronic, which is about par for COLA. OTOH,
I'd never expect anything good from Hadron Larry Qualig Quark. It is one
lost cause, he can continue to whine and cry inside a kill filter.
Perhaps that is why in the past he ranted so dearly toward William Poaster
and his kill file.

Yes, Roy has succeeded and seems to be doing quite well in his endeavours.

--
HPT

Glenn Hall

Nov 2, 2010, 12:19:27 PM11/2/10
On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:01:12 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> "4+3" <4pl...@nocrapspam.org> writes:
>
>> "amicus_curious" <ac...@sti.net> wrote in
>>

>>> "Boris Badenough" <svufsu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> More likely their revenues are not tied to anything that he does and so
>>> they are not willing to devote any time to overseeing his activities.
>> He earned a doctorate so he must be of value. I think you and the
>> other
>
> A doctorate adds nothing to most people unless they work in the same
> field that they researched for their doctorate. All it generally does is
> cultivate a "stay in the ivory tower" approach to life (non med that is).

Except that it shows determination and intelligence. The fact that
he is broadening his horizons by working in other fields is yet
another feather in his cap. I admire him for accomplishing all he
has and at such a young age. He has a very bright future ahead of
him.

>> trolls are just jealous of Roy's accomplishments and the fact that he is
>> one uber hell of an advocate for foss and Linux. Maybe you should read
>> his
>
> He is singularly the WORST advocate for Linux after Dumb Willy Poaster
> and Koehlmann. He tells lies, twists words and talks nonsense.

I doubt Linux Format which is one of the better Linux magazines
would do an article on him if that were true. The backlash from
the community would be huge.

>> sites and see what he has to say before slinging mud in his face.Roy
>> is a
>
> We see what he says as he used to Spam this group with it.

Posting about the advantages of Linux compared to other operating
systems is spam?

>> tireless advocate for Linux, foss and that just drives the Microsoft
>> sponsored trolls crazy.I'll bet you are posting from your day job as well.
>> We all do it to some degree.
>
> Roy had no job. Other than being paid to spam and get hits to his site
> that is.

How do you know this to be true? Roy is controversial for sure
but he seems sincere and that is ultimately what matters, at least
to me.

Hadron

Nov 2, 2010, 12:58:35 PM11/2/10
Glenn Hall <glennhall59...@yahoo.com> writes:

Intelligence yes, and ability to research.

> he is broadening his horizons by working in other fields is yet
> another feather in his cap. I admire him for accomplishing all he

What other fields?

> has and at such a young age. He has a very bright future ahead of
> him.

He has accomplished nothing out of the ordinary. A Dcotorate is to be
applauded but they are not unique. Roy has wasted most of the last few
years spouting nonsense and creating hate sites.

>>> trolls are just jealous of Roy's accomplishments and the fact that he is
>>> one uber hell of an advocate for foss and Linux. Maybe you should read
>>> his
>>
>> He is singularly the WORST advocate for Linux after Dumb Willy Poaster
>> and Koehlmann. He tells lies, twists words and talks nonsense.
>
> I doubt Linux Format which is one of the better Linux magazines
> would do an article on him if that were true. The backlash from
> the community would be huge.

It is. He is a laughing stock.

>>> sites and see what he has to say before slinging mud in his face.Roy
>>> is a
>>
>> We see what he says as he used to Spam this group with it.
>
> Posting about the advantages of Linux compared to other operating
> systems is spam?
>
>>> tireless advocate for Linux, foss and that just drives the Microsoft
>>> sponsored trolls crazy.I'll bet you are posting from your day job as well.
>>> We all do it to some degree.
>>
>> Roy had no job. Other than being paid to spam and get hits to his site
>> that is.
> How do you know this to be true? Roy is controversial for sure
> but he seems sincere and that is ultimately what matters, at least
> to me.

He is not sincere. You cant not be sincere when you dont tell the whole
truth to defend your points. His twisting of the truth is well
documented.

Chris Ahlstrom

Nov 2, 2010, 5:36:59 PM11/2/10
CROSSPOSTING SNIPPED

Glenn Hall pulled this Usenet face plant:

> On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:01:12 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>
>> A doctorate adds nothing to most people unless they work in the same
>> field that they researched for their doctorate. All it generally does is
>> cultivate a "stay in the ivory tower" approach to life (non med that is).
>
> Except that it shows determination and intelligence. The fact that
> he is broadening his horizons by working in other fields is yet
> another feather in his cap. I admire him for accomplishing all he
> has and at such a young age. He has a very bright future ahead of
> him.

A Ph.D. ("Pile Higher and Deeper") generally means that a person can at
least plow through large numbers of documents to find information.

>>> trolls are just jealous of Roy's accomplishments and the fact that he is
>>> one uber hell of an advocate for foss and Linux. Maybe you should read
>>> his
>>
>> He is singularly the WORST advocate for Linux after Dumb Willy Poaster
>> and Koehlmann. He tells lies, twists words and talks nonsense.

Jeej... that pot is so black, it makes the kettle look burnished!

>> Roy had no job. Other than being paid to spam and get hits to his site
>> that is.
>
> How do you know this to be true? Roy is controversial for sure
> but he seems sincere and that is ultimately what matters, at least
> to me.

"Hadron" pulls stuff from his ass, and spews it from there as well.
Ask Greg to describe "Hadron"'s cloaca.

To paraphrase a famous data-processing dictum:

Sewage in sewage out

--
"In the face of entropy and nothingness, you kind of have to pretend it's not
there if you want to keep writing good code." -- Karl Lehenbauer

William Poaster

Nov 2, 2010, 9:53:42 AM11/2/10
High Plains Thumper wrote:

The Hadron M$ fanboi troll hates being ignored, but he'll have to get used
to it as more & more posters in aolu are binning him.

> Yes, Roy has succeeded and seems to be doing quite well in his endeavours.

So it seems. :-)

--
Shell - The hardest part of Linux, usually opened with Bash.
FreeBSD 8.1 64-bit; Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit

William Poaster

Nov 2, 2010, 7:40:40 PM11/2/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> CROSSPOSTING SNIPPED
>
> Glenn Hall pulled this Usenet face plant:
>
>> On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:01:12 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>>
>>> A doctorate adds nothing to most people unless they work in the same
>>> field that they researched for their doctorate. All it generally does is
>>> cultivate a "stay in the ivory tower" approach to life (non med that is).
>>
>> Except that it shows determination and intelligence. The fact that
>> he is broadening his horizons by working in other fields is yet
>> another feather in his cap. I admire him for accomplishing all he
>> has and at such a young age. He has a very bright future ahead of
>> him.
>
> A Ph.D. ("Pile Higher and Deeper") generally means that a person can at
> least plow through large numbers of documents to find information.

>>> He is singularly the WORST advocate for Linux after Dumb Willy Poaster
>>> and Koehlmann. He tells lies, twists words and talks nonsense.

> Jeej... that pot is so black, it makes the kettle look burnished!

"He tells lies, twists words and talks nonsense."

Oh, the irony! LOL

And at least "Dumb Willy Poaster" has been able to install & run 64-bit
distros without any trouble, which is more than the moronic Hadron troll
has been able to do!

--
FireFox - Why, wtf did he do?

Glenn Hall

Nov 2, 2010, 9:49:19 PM11/2/10
On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:36:59 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> CROSSPOSTING SNIPPED
>
> Glenn Hall pulled this Usenet face plant:
>
>> On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:01:12 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>>
>>> A doctorate adds nothing to most people unless they work in the same
>>> field that they researched for their doctorate. All it generally does is
>>> cultivate a "stay in the ivory tower" approach to life (non med that is).
>>
>> Except that it shows determination and intelligence. The fact that
>> he is broadening his horizons by working in other fields is yet
>> another feather in his cap. I admire him for accomplishing all he
>> has and at such a young age. He has a very bright future ahead of
>> him.
>
> A Ph.D. ("Pile Higher and Deeper") generally means that a person can at
> least plow through large numbers of documents to find information.

Depending upon the discipline, probably true but Roy seems to have
earned his degree in the bio-medical field. Plowing through that
kind of information isn't trivial IMHO. My point is he has the
discipline and intelligence to have done this and no matter what
field he ends up working in, those traits will be an asset for
him.

High Plains Thumper

Nov 2, 2010, 10:49:40 PM11/2/10
William Poaster wrote:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> I usually don't see troll posts unless someone has replied. In this
>> case, the troll rant is extremely moronic, which is about par for COLA.
>> OTOH, I'd never expect anything good from Hadron Larry Qualig Quark.
>> It is one lost cause, he can continue to whine and cry inside a kill
>> filter. Perhaps that is why in the past he ranted so dearly toward
>> William Poaster and his kill file.
>
> The Hadron M$ fanboi troll hates being ignored, but he'll have to get
> used to it as more & more posters in aolu are binning him.

Perhaps that is why he moved over to AOLU. Many people here in COLA
already have him binned.

>> Yes, Roy has succeeded and seems to be doing quite well in his
>> endeavours.
>
> So it seems. :-)

Yes, much to the chagrine of the trolls. :-)

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Nov 2, 2010, 11:01:54 PM11/2/10
Glenn Hall wrote:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> Roy had no job. Other than being paid to spam and get hits to his site
>> that is.
>
> How do you know this to be true? Roy is controversial for sure but he
> seems sincere and that is ultimately what matters, at least to me.

The COLA trolls have been spouting the same nonsense for the latter half
of this decade about Roy.

It is why the authors of:

wrote:

[quote]
7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

This is a list of the disinformation tactics that the that the
anti-Linux propagandists who post in COLA have been using. All of these
tactics have been used in COLA by the anti-Linux propagandists against
the Linux advocates and the rest of the COLA readership to further the
cause of the anti-Linux propagandists. This list has been worded as
though you are one of them, so that you can better see through their
eyes how they think.

13. Embarrass your opponent
Locate or create apparently embarrassing information or detail and
utilize it out of all proportion-trying to create a scandal around
it, to hijack a thread or drive everyone to distraction.

23. Lie
Lie, lie, lie, lie. If you do it often enough you may create the
appearance of truth.

33. Claim false Alignment
Remind Everyone that you are a long-time Linux user and advocate.
Of course it is not true, so you will be accused of being what you
really are. When that happens and you are accused of working
against Linux. Deny! Deny! Deny!

44. Use being an idiot as an excuse
When you are criticized for using disinformation tactics, claim
ignorance of the disinformation tactics and use your apparent
idiocy as an excuse for your actions. Do the same for your
comrades, when a Linux Advocate corners one of your fellow
anti-Linux propagandists tell that advocate something like "What
are you doing? It's only John Doe for goodness sake!"
[/quote]

.... and ad nauseum.

--
HPT

Snit

Nov 3, 2010, 12:10:59 AM11/3/10
High Plains Thumper stated in post iaqjb6$6k0$1...@news.albasani.net on 11/2/10
8:01 PM:

> 13. Embarrass your opponent

You try to do this to me with your repeated quoting of obsessively scavanged
and forged quotes.

> 23. Lie

You do this very, very often. Heck, by insinuating you believe the quotes
you repeatedly spew, you *are* lying.

[INSERT .SIG HERE]

chrisv

Nov 3, 2010, 8:57:50 AM11/3/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>> Quack snotted:
>>>
>>> He is singularly the (snip Quack lies)

>Jeej... that pot is so black, it makes the kettle look burnished!

Why does Larry bother? Everyone here knows he's a liar, and
*completely* incapable of being honest in regards to the advocates.

chrisv

Nov 3, 2010, 9:03:52 AM11/3/10
William Poaster wrote:

>"He tells lies, twists words and talks nonsense."
>Oh, the irony! LOL

No shit. Jeezez.

>And at least "Dumb Willy Poaster" has been able to install & run 64-bit
>distros without any trouble, which is more than the moronic Hadron troll
>has been able to do!

Yet he (and everyone he knows) has been able to keep Windows free of
malware for the last decade. (rolling eyes)

--
"The people I know using Windows have had zero infiltrations since 98
give or take" - Hadron "works for me (and everyone I know)" Quark

High Plains Thumper

Nov 7, 2010, 1:16:20 AM11/7/10
chrisv wrote:

> William Poaster wrote:
>
>> And at least "Dumb Willy Poaster" has been able to install & run
>> 64-bit distros without any trouble, which is more than the moronic
>> Hadron troll has been able to do!
>
> Yet he (and everyone he knows) has been able to keep Windows free of
> malware for the last decade. (rolling eyes)

I had an interesting discussion with one of the gals at the bank. I
mentioned to her that I use Linux for all my on-line banking. I
mentioned to her that Microsoft has never taken security seriously, it
is why one needs to add an additional anti-virus and personal firewall
software to their OS. Their software is very easy to compromise.

In essence she had replied that Microsoft is responsible for the all the
security breaches through their software.

"Bingo."

If Microsoft really took security seriously instead of being a model for
"charging the most by getting by with the least", we would not be in the
worldwide fix we are in today.

A little TLC goes a long way.

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Nov 7, 2010, 1:22:13 AM11/7/10
Glenn Hall wrote:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> A Ph.D. ("Pile Higher and Deeper") generally means that a person
>> can at least plow through large numbers of documents to find
>> information.
>
> Depending upon the discipline, probably true but Roy seems to have
> earned his degree in the bio-medical field. Plowing through that kind
> of information isn't trivial IMHO. My point is he has the discipline
> and intelligence to have done this and no matter what field he ends
> up working in, those traits will be an asset for him.

I concur. Roy is no dummy by any means. He has a bright future ahead
of him, already displaying his ability to research, conclude and
document. The trolls can whine and moan about him, but they indicate
that they are nothing more than a waste of time. They are the "Biff" of
the time space continuum in Back to the Future.

--
HPT

William Poaster

Nov 7, 2010, 5:42:24 AM11/7/10
High Plains Thumper wrote:

> chrisv wrote:
>> William Poaster wrote:
>>
>>> And at least "Dumb Willy Poaster" has been able to install & run
>>> 64-bit distros without any trouble, which is more than the moronic
>>> Hadron troll has been able to do!
>>
>> Yet he (and everyone he knows) has been able to keep Windows free of
>> malware for the last decade. (rolling eyes)

And he probably still claims to, as he still uses XP.

"I have to update my Milestone from XP."
Hadron - alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010

Err...but didn't the Hadron M$ fanboi troll claim he didn't use windoze any
more?

1]
"I was a long term Windows user and programmer."
Hadron ~ alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007

2]
"What specifically was wrong with XP? I used it for development for years
and never experienced the BSODs the liars in this group claim. Was it
perfect? No. Did it work well? Yes, most certainly. "
Hadron Quark:

Now you'll note the troll talks in the *past* tense....

> I had an interesting discussion with one of the gals at the bank. I
> mentioned to her that I use Linux for all my on-line banking. I
> mentioned to her that Microsoft has never taken security seriously, it
> is why one needs to add an additional anti-virus and personal firewall
> software to their OS. Their software is very easy to compromise.
>
> In essence she had replied that Microsoft is responsible for the all the
> security breaches through their software.
>
> "Bingo."
>
> If Microsoft really took security seriously instead of being a model for
> "charging the most by getting by with the least", we would not be in the
> worldwide fix we are in today.
>
> A little TLC goes a long way.

Sure does.

--
KANSAS: Hayfever capital of the Midwest!