[News] [Rival] Microsoft "Zune Gang" Regroups After Leader Jumped Ship and President Robbie Bach Committed Crime

1 view

Roy Schestowitz

Oct 7, 2007, 3:34:44 PM10/7/07
Industry Moves: Microsoft Appoints New Head of Zune Unit

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Entertainment & Devices Div. President Robbie Bach sent an e-mail
| on Oct. 4 notifying staff of this. Thompson will report to J Allard...he
| worked with Allard on the original Xbox business. Several of the early Xbox
| cohorts are already on the Zune team, the story says and quotes
| Allard: "We're getting the gang back together."
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/paidcontent/071005/1_315471_id.html?.v=1

Yes, he said "Gang". That's the mentality at Microsoft. President Robbie Bach
was caught committing crimes just a couple of months ago (stealing
shareholders' money), but this "gang" is clearly above the law, so there was
no punishment.

New Microsoft Zune - Great, But...

,----[ Quote ]
| ...all of the new Zunes in the world won't help Microsoft (or anybody) be any
| more than a niche player in the space.
|
| Period, end of story.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/48999-new-microsoft-zune-great-but?source=yahoo

Microsoft Taps Thompson to Run Zune

,----[ Quote ]
| Thompson will report to J Allard, the product design visionary who has held
| the position since Bryan Lee retired in April.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/oct2007/tc2007105_130007.htm?campaign_id=yhoo

6 months without leadership in the Zune project. Just amnesty bins, iPod FUD,
and RIAA schemes to force 'tax' (as in "pirate" tax) on all iPods.

Related:

Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company

,----[ Quote ]
| Bryan Lee, corporate vice president at Microsoft's entertainment
| and devices division, also played a key role in shaping the Xbox
| game console business and the introduction of its Internet
| Protocol television software.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6155200.html

Microsoft exec dumped stock prior to Red Ring announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| To make matters more murky, the sales were not registered with the Securities
| and Exchange Commission within the mandatory two days of the transaction, a
| result of an alleged "administrative error." Microsoft has since remedied the
| issue by following the "procedures required of late-filers."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/08/14/microsoft-exec-dumped-stocks-prior-to-red-ring-addresment

Microsoft's Bach sold more stock before Xbox news

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. executive Robbie Bach sold $3 million more in company stock
| during the period leading up to an announcement about a costly flaw in its
| Xbox video game console than previously reported, according to a filing
| Monday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsofts-bach-sold-additional-stock/story.aspx?guid=%7BBECA3A50-EF33-4161-A111-A43BDC8B0462%7D&siteid=yhoof

Insider Trading Hasn't Affect Microsoft Stock - Yet

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070713/40947_id.html?.v=1