Linux FAILS as hackers break CERN's LHC

Borked Pseudo Mailed

Sep 13, 2008, 4:24:05 PM9/13/08
Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system
runs CERN's LHC!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/12/scicern212.xml

Hadron

Sep 13, 2008, 4:43:12 PM9/13/08

I can see Roy cracking the whip across Liarmutt's arse as we speak,
"Find proof it was a Windows system hacked my winged beauty. Now fly,
fly I say. Bwahahahahaha".

RonB

Sep 13, 2008, 4:55:04 PM9/13/08
Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:

Nothing about hacking Linux, but...

"We think that someone from Fermilab's Tevatron (the competing atom smasher
in America) had their access details compromised," said one of the
scientists working on the machine. "What happened wasn't a big deal, just
goes to show people are out there always on the prowl."

It doesn't matter how good your security is, if someone gets your login,
they can login. It's one of those "Duh" things.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"

7

Sep 13, 2008, 4:57:27 PM9/13/08
Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Borked Pseudo Mailed
wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

> Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system
> runs CERN's LHC!
>

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/12

scicern212.xml

Its hardly hacking when a US researcher has his system compromised
offering up passwords to his account at the LHC!

I wonder what the dumb fsck in the US was running?!

Don't tell me it was a compromised WINDUMMY PC! Oh no!

Lets ban all researchers with WINDUMMY PCs!!!!

Hadron

Sep 13, 2008, 5:01:18 PM9/13/08
RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> writes:

Nonsense of course. Any well administered Linux system would limit
logins to various hosts and/or subnets. Or should.

--
"I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee <grin>"
-- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy

ArameFarpado

Sep 13, 2008, 5:49:57 PM9/13/08

Any machine that "serves" (server) can be hacked...

you got anything new to tell us?

Moshe Goldfarb

Sep 13, 2008, 5:54:51 PM9/13/08

Poor LiarMutt...
He is just so pathetic with his tongue up Roy's ass all the time.

I'll bet Roy's ICQ channel is buzzing today with discussion on how they
are going to deal with this and spin it their way.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

Hadron

Sep 13, 2008, 6:00:19 PM9/13/08
Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 22:43:12 +0200, Hadron wrote:
>
>> Borked Pseudo Mailed <nob...@pseudo.borked.net> writes:
>>
>>> Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system runs CERN's
>>> LHC!
>>>

>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/12/
> scicern212.xml
>>>

>> I can see Roy cracking the whip across Liarmutt's arse as we speak,
>> "Find proof it was a Windows system hacked my winged beauty. Now fly,
>> fly I say. Bwahahahahaha".
>
> Poor LiarMutt...
> He is just so pathetic with his tongue up Roy's ass all the time.
>
> I'll bet Roy's ICQ channel is buzzing today with discussion on how they
> are going to deal with this and spin it their way.

Are the people using it aware of all the virii and trojans on his site?
Or has he finally fixed all that?

Moshe Goldfarb

Sep 13, 2008, 9:26:01 PM9/13/08

Can't say but I stay clear of anything he goes near because even if he
isn't doing it on purpose, he is so incompetent as an administrator,
anything is possible.

Homer got banned from the channel and he still hasn't figured out how to
get him back on!
Now that's funny!

Linonut

Sep 13, 2008, 10:18:43 PM9/13/08
* Borked Pseudo Mailed peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system
> runs CERN's LHC!
>
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/12/scicern212.xml

"We think that someone from Fermilab's Tevatron (the competing atom

smasher in America) had their access details compromised," said one of the
scientists working on the machine.

Read the whole article.

--
Anyone can become angry -- that is easy; but to be angry with the right
person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose

andrew

Sep 13, 2008, 10:46:39 PM9/13/08

On 2008-09-14, Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:
> * Borked Pseudo Mailed peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system
>> runs CERN's LHC!
>>
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/12/scicern212.xml
>
> "We think that someone from Fermilab's Tevatron (the competing atom
> smasher in America) had their access details compromised," said one of the
> scientists working on the machine.
>
> Read the whole article.

Although it is tempting to stop reading at the top of the page when the
term 'Hackers' is used instead of 'Crackers'.

Andrew

--
Do you think that's air your breathing now?

Unruh

Sep 13, 2008, 11:30:01 PM9/13/08
Borked Pseudo Mailed <nob...@pseudo.borked.net> writes:

>Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system
>runs CERN's LHC!

Interesting that the article says nothing about Linux, and that you are
reporting on a article that you never read.

The attack is believed to have come from a user who let his password out.
Now what that has to do with Linux I do not know.

>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/12/scicern212.xml

Unruh

Sep 13, 2008, 11:31:22 PM9/13/08
Hadron <hadro...@gmail.com> writes:

>RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> writes:

Yes. And the "hackers" only got onto a very limited subset of the machines.

Tim Smith

Sep 14, 2008, 12:50:45 AM9/14/08
In article <Eq_yk.28142$XB4....@bignews9.bellsouth.net>,

Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:
> * Borked Pseudo Mailed peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
> > Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system
> > runs CERN's LHC!
> >
> > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/12/scicern212
> > .xml
>
> "We think that someone from Fermilab's Tevatron (the competing atom
> smasher in America) had their access details compromised," said one of the
> scientists working on the machine.
>
> Read the whole article.

So? By COLA standards, that's still a failure of the OS. Did you miss
all those posts blaming Windows back end systems for credit card
information theft, when the attackers got their information by sniffing
unencrypted wireless networks used to link sales terminals in retail
establishments to sales data and access information?

You can't have it both ways--either the OS is blameless in both cases,
or responsible in both.

The fact is that if you want a to build a secure system, you can built
it on top of Linux, or Windows, or Mac OS, or even DOS, if the people
designing it know what they are doing. And if they do not, all bets are
off.

--
--Tim Smith

The Natural Philosopher

Sep 14, 2008, 1:38:47 AM9/14/08
Tim Smith wrote:
> In article <Eq_yk.28142$XB4....@bignews9.bellsouth.net>,
> Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:
>> * Borked Pseudo Mailed peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>>> Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system
>>> runs CERN's LHC!
>>>
>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/12/scicern212
>>> .xml
>> "We think that someone from Fermilab's Tevatron (the competing atom
>> smasher in America) had their access details compromised," said one of the
>> scientists working on the machine.
>>
>> Read the whole article.
>
> So? By COLA standards, that's still a failure of the OS.

What has any of this to do wih Linux? Linux was never mentioned.

Its probably SUNOS there anyway..

> Did you miss
> all those posts blaming Windows back end systems for credit card
> information theft, when the attackers got their information by sniffing
> unencrypted wireless networks used to link sales terminals in retail
> establishments to sales data and access information?
>
> You can't have it both ways--either the OS is blameless in both cases,
> or responsible in both.
>
> The fact is that if you want a to build a secure system, you can built
> it on top of Linux, or Windows, or Mac OS, or even DOS, if the people
> designing it know what they are doing. And if they do not, all bets are
> off.

I can build a secure house ontop of a quicksand too,but it wont stay up
very long...

Hadron

Sep 14, 2008, 6:02:11 AM9/14/08
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

of course.

But Liarmutt will never agree. Roy has his hand up Liarmutt's arse and
flexes his fingers to make him talk. It's almost embarrassing for all
concerned to listen to Liarmutt these days.

--
- "Actually XP *is* getting press, but most of it is along the lines of
"we're going to wait and see", in other words not very good."

Hadron

Sep 14, 2008, 6:03:13 AM9/14/08
The Natural Philosopher <a@b.c> writes:

> Tim Smith wrote:
>> In article <Eq_yk.28142$XB4....@bignews9.bellsouth.net>,
>> Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:
>>> * Borked Pseudo Mailed peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> "We think that someone from Fermilab's Tevatron (the competing atom
>>> smasher in America) had their access details compromised," said one of the
>>> scientists working on the machine.
>>>
>>> Read the whole article.
>>
>> So? By COLA standards, that's still a failure of the OS.
>
> What has any of this to do wih Linux? Linux was never mentioned.

You missed the COLA "advocates" harping on about how it was ALL Linux?
And how Scientists only used other scientists work? etc etc. The usual
nonsense from these snivelling fan boyz.

William Poaster

Sep 14, 2008, 9:25:06 AM9/14/08
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 03:30:01 +0000, Unruh wrote:

> Borked Pseudo Mailed <nob...@pseudo.borked.net> writes:
>
>>Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system
>>runs CERN's LHC!
>
> Interesting that the article says nothing about Linux, and that you are
> reporting on a article that you never read.
>
> The attack is believed to have come from a user who let his password out.
> Now what that has to do with Linux I do not know.

YHBT.

--
Did you know?
Hardon Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.

Linonut

Sep 14, 2008, 9:35:39 AM9/14/08

> In article <Eq_yk.28142$XB4....@bignews9.bellsouth.net>,
> Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:
>> * Borked Pseudo Mailed peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>> > Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system
>> > runs CERN's LHC!
>> >
>> > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/12/scicern212
>> > .xml
>>
>> "We think that someone from Fermilab's Tevatron (the competing atom
>> smasher in America) had their access details compromised," said one of the
>> scientists working on the machine.
>>
>> Read the whole article.
>
> So? By COLA standards, that's still a failure of the OS. Did you miss
> all those posts blaming Windows back end systems for credit card
> information theft, when the attackers got their information by sniffing
> unencrypted wireless networks used to link sales terminals in retail
> establishments to sales data and access information?
>
> You can't have it both ways--either the OS is blameless in both cases,
> or responsible in both.

The reason I said to read the whole article is because it is an
interesting description of the whole environment.

> The fact is that if you want a to build a secure system, you can built
> it on top of Linux, or Windows, or Mac OS, or even DOS, if the people
> designing it know what they are doing. And if they do not, all bets are
> off.

Not quite. I'd recommend /not/ using Windows clients to access the
system.

--
Toes, knees, NIPPLES. Toes, knees, nipples, KNUCKLES ...
Nipples, dimples, knuckles, NICKLES, wrinkles, pimples!!

Linonut

Sep 14, 2008, 9:38:32 AM9/14/08
* Unruh peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Hadron <hadro...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>Nonsense of course. Any well administered Linux system would limit
>>logins to various hosts and/or subnets. Or should.

What a bonehead.

> Yes. And the "hackers" only got onto a very limited subset of the machines.

>>--
>>"I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee <grin>"
>> -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy

More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.

--
Renning's Maxim:
Man is the highest animal. Man does the classifying.

High Plains Thumper

Sep 14, 2008, 9:49:14 AM9/14/08

True. It also states, [quote] A few years ago, Stanford
University in California announced that a number of
high-performance academic computer centres had been attacked by
hackers lured by the phenomenal power of the grid - pools of
computing power linked by dedicated high-speed networks. Beyond
shutting down the machines or stealing or deleting data, one
likely malicious use of such power is to crack passwords. [/quote]

Implication is that since the lab uses Unix/Linux, all computers
in the infrastructure are Unix/Linux, which is not necessarily
true. Because of security compromises, fewer are posting what
their infrastructures consist of.

There is no mention of the web server OS, which hacked page got
displayed.

Thieves will always attempt to compromise security, no matter the
OS. The weakest link are people.

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Sep 14, 2008, 9:51:19 AM9/14/08
ArameFarpado wrote:
> Borked Pseudo Mailed escreveu:
>
>> Linux gets hacked, which is unfortunate, when that system
>> runs CERN's LHC!
>>
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/12/scicern212.xml
>
> Any machine that "serves" (server) can be hacked...
>
> you got anything new to tell us?

It's just one of the Windows Trolls haunting c.o.l.advocacy,
attempting to spread FUD about Linux. Nothing to see, move along

HPT

High Plains Thumper

Sep 14, 2008, 10:03:57 AM9/14/08
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
> Tim Smith wrote:

>> Linonut wrote:
>>
>>> Read the whole article.
>>
>> So? By COLA standards, that's still a failure of the OS.
>
> What has any of this to do wih Linux? Linux was never
> mentioned.
>
> Its probably SUNOS there anyway..

<SNIP>

>> You can't have it both ways--either the OS is blameless in
>> both cases, or responsible in both.
>>
>> The fact is that if you want a to build a secure system, you
>> can built it on top of Linux, or Windows, or Mac OS, or even
>> DOS, if the people designing it know what they are doing.
>> And if they do not, all bets are off.
>
> I can build a secure house ontop of a quicksand too,but it
> wont stay up very long...

Ah, there lies the problem, Tim is following Erik Funkenbusch's
erroneous philosophy of binary conditions toward truth about
security.

Linux is inherently more secure than Microsoft Windows, provided
proper security discipline is exercised. Here is an article
regarding even Timmy's beloved Mac OS being felled:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/29/ubuntu_left_standing/

[quote]
Only Ubuntu left standing, as Flash vuln fells Vista in Pwn2Own
hacking contest

Contestant overcomes bout of 'hacktile dysfunction'
By Dan Goodin in Vancouver
Posted in Operating Systems, 29th March 2008 21:27 GMT

CanSecWest A laptop running a fully patched version of
Microsoft's Vista operating system was the second and final
machine to fall in a hacking contest that pitted the security of
Windows, OS X and Ubuntu Linux. With both a Windows and Mac
machine felled, only the Linux box remained standing following
the three-day competition.
[/quote]

--
HPT

Hadron

Sep 14, 2008, 10:16:44 AM9/14/08
High Plains Thumper <highplai...@invalid.invalid> writes:

> Thieves will always attempt to compromise security, no matter the OS.
> The weakest link are people.

We agree. A pity many other "advocates" do not.

--
"Ignore the forging nym-shifting troll who pretends to be chrisv! I'm the *REAL* chrisv!"
chrisv, COLA.

Linonut

Sep 14, 2008, 10:39:28 AM9/14/08
* High Plains Thumper peremptorily fired off this memo:

Haunting and taunting.

--
Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion.

Hadron

Sep 14, 2008, 10:47:02 AM9/14/08
Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> writes:

> * Unruh peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> Hadron <hadro...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>>Nonsense of course. Any well administered Linux system would limit
>>>logins to various hosts and/or subnets. Or should.
>
> What a bonehead.

So. We can add network admin to the list of many things you know sweet
FA about. Right next to your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
use the NVidia-installer. Do you not tire of being proven wrong all the
time? Did you even understand what I said above? I doubt it. You just
throw out little fibs and hope they will go under peoples radar.

>> Yes. And the "hackers" only got onto a very limited subset of the machines.
>
>>>--
>>>"I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee <grin>"
>>> -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy
>
> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.

You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.

Moshe Goldfarb

Sep 14, 2008, 12:02:36 PM9/14/08
Hadron wrote:

> But Liarmutt will never agree. Roy has his hand up Liarmutt's arse
> and flexes his fingers to make him talk. It's almost embarrassing
> for all concerned to listen to Liarmutt these days.

LiarMutt is a complete fraud.
Notice how whenever anyone brings up one of the many other places
Schestowtiz spreads his paranoia LiarMutt immediately retorts that he
doesn't go there.
Sure.
If he really didn't spend time in those places, like ICQ for example,
he wouldn't say anything.

BTW check out this link:

www.linsux.org

Search on Roy (leave out the Schestowitz).

They sure have his number over there!

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

Please visit www.linsux.org

Moshe Goldfarb

Sep 14, 2008, 12:05:42 PM9/14/08
Hadron wrote:

It was the perfect set up!
What great timing!

See them mobilizing trying to minimize the damage.
Roy blasting the group immediately with spew in order to get the
thread off the Google front page for example.

It's classic...

Interesting how Schestowitz always seems to miss the really big
stories about Linux.

Hadron

Sep 14, 2008, 12:05:45 PM9/14/08
Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> writes:

> Hadron wrote:
>

>> But Liarmutt will never agree. Roy has his hand up Liarmutt's arse
>> and flexes his fingers to make him talk. It's almost embarrassing
>> for all concerned to listen to Liarmutt these days.
>
> LiarMutt is a complete fraud.
> Notice how whenever anyone brings up one of the many other places
> Schestowtiz spreads his paranoia LiarMutt immediately retorts that he
> doesn't go there.
> Sure.
> If he really didn't spend time in those places, like ICQ for example,
> he wouldn't say anything.
>
> BTW check out this link:
>
> www.linsux.org
>
> Search on Roy (leave out the Schestowitz).
>
> They sure have his number over there!

Most places do. Roy is a burden on real advocacy. He offers nothing back
to OSS and cultivates loonies like Liarmutt and Willy
Poaster. Fortunately the chance of them breeding is nil.

http://linsux.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=42881bc1c4d31b11927383b254bc9808&topic=139.0

or

http://tinyurl.com/6nkvgy

"It's common fact that most Linux Youths are social shut-ins who have
about as much hope of getting laid as a monkey with rabies.
Here at Linsux.org, we've done a bunch of case studies on this subject,
we've determined that not even this would fuck them"

Ouch!

--
"You're a condescending, arrogant asshole, Quack."
-- Tattoo Vampire <sit...@this.computer> in alt.os.linux.ubuntu, comp.os.linux.advocacy

Moshe Goldfarb

Sep 14, 2008, 12:16:31 PM9/14/08
Hadron wrote:

> Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> writes:
>
>> * Unruh peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> What a bonehead.
>
> So. We can add network admin to the list of many things you know
> sweet FA about. Right next to your recent whoppers of recommending
> nOObs to use the NVidia-installer. Do you not tire of being proven
> wrong all the time? Did you even understand what I said above? I
> doubt it. You just throw out little fibs and hope they will go under
> peoples radar.

I think LiarMutt is suffering from "Battered Doggy Syndrome"...
He loves his *master* Roy Schestowitz so badly he will even make an
ass of himself to please Roy.

>>> Yes. And the "hackers" only got onto a very limited subset of the
>>> machines.

>> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.
>
> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.

Once again LiarMutt is caught in the web of his own deceit!

What a maroooooooooon!

Moshe Goldfarb

Sep 14, 2008, 12:19:15 PM9/14/08
High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Thieves will always attempt to compromise security, no matter the
> OS. The weakest link are people.

Always the case.....
Even with automobile theft.
They look for open cars, keys left in the car etc...

I'm the first person to acknowledge that Linux is a very secure system
however it is not perfect and nothing is going to prevent people from
doing stupid things.

Moshe Goldfarb

Sep 14, 2008, 12:30:36 PM9/14/08
Hadron wrote:

Here is the COLA Linux Nerds only hope.....

http://www.break.com/index/caught_banging_blow_up_doll.html

Looks a little like Marti??

Hadron

Sep 14, 2008, 12:40:48 PM9/14/08
Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> writes:

On all fours. More likely to be Liarmutt.

*woof*

Moshe Goldfarb

Sep 14, 2008, 1:06:42 PM9/14/08
Hadron wrote:

Hahahhaha!

Matt

Sep 14, 2008, 3:46:09 PM9/14/08
Hadron wrote:

> your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
> use the NVidia-installer.

I missed the discussion. What's wrong with noobs doing that?

Hadron

Sep 14, 2008, 4:27:36 PM9/14/08
Matt <ma...@themattfella.xxxyyz.com> writes:

Google is that way ->

Seriously. Its all there. Read the thread. Look in comp.os.linux.debian
where I politely mentioned it but was also ignored by Liarmutt.

But to help, some reading:

(ps I USED to use the nvidia installer and it hosed my machine after a
certain kernel upgrade)

http://desiato.tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/debian/debian-nvidia-dri-howto.txt
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/debian-linux-help/38003-install-nvidia-debian-simple-way.html

See the first reply here:

http://linuxinside.blogspot.com/2008/03/debian-nvidia-drivers.html

As someone caught by the nvidia installer I can heartily recommend
staying clear from them. Maybe they are better soon. Now, no.

--
"I would assume her children might like to know where their mother is and
have a place to *visit* her."

Tim Smith

Sep 14, 2008, 4:43:46 PM9/14/08
In article <gajs5p$buf$1...@registered.motzarella.org>,

Hadron <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I missed the discussion. What's wrong with noobs doing that?
>
> Google is that way ->
>
> Seriously. Its all there. Read the thread. Look in comp.os.linux.debian
> where I politely mentioned it but was also ignored by Liarmutt.

Google doesn't carry comp.os.linux.debian.

--
--Tim Smith

Hadron

Sep 14, 2008, 4:58:01 PM9/14/08
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

alt.os.linux.debian

Sorry.

,----
| From: Hadron <hadro...@gmail.com>
| Subject: Re: Moving to Lenny a little early - how it went.
| Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.debian
| Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 00:01:01 +0200
|
| Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> writes:
|
| > * sk8r-365 peremptorily fired off this memo:
| >
| >> Linonut mumbled:

| >> Then, as root, 'usermod -a -G <group-name> <username>'. Added them to
| >> group 'video'. But others may prefer to use 'gksu users-admin', then
| >> place a tick in box for "...and use 3D acceleration".
| >
| > Hmmm, already in the 'video' group on both systems. I wonder if the
| > Nvidia installer did that.
|
| Using the nvidia installer is really not recommended. the debian
| developers promise zero assistance if you go the nvidia way. I had
| issues myself that took ages to track down before I could then go the
| official route and use nvidia-glx.

`----

Linonut

Sep 14, 2008, 9:09:26 PM9/14/08
* Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:

He hate me!

*LOL*

--
Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
-- k...@cis.ufl.edu put this on Tshirts in '93

Moshe Goldfarb.

Sep 14, 2008, 10:24:15 PM9/14/08

He may.
However, you *did* say what he claims you said.....

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

Please Visit www.linsux.org

chrisv

Sep 15, 2008, 12:03:55 AM9/15/08
Linonut wrote:

>>> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.
>>
>> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
>> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.
>
>He hate me!
>
>*LOL*

He knows you've got him beat. He knows he's shit.

Moshe Goldfarb.

Sep 15, 2008, 12:16:00 AM9/15/08

Yea right....

LiarMutt is a joke...
Wanna talk about firewalls?
How about Nvidia?
How about anarchy by giving up all control and law an order for freedom?

Liarmutt is a total joke....

Hadron

Sep 15, 2008, 2:29:04 AM9/15/08
"Moshe Goldfarb." <brick_...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:09:26 -0400, Linonut wrote:
>
>> * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> So. We can add network admin to the list of many things you know sweet
>>> FA about. Right next to your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
>>> use the NVidia-installer. Do you not tire of being proven wrong all the
>>> time? Did you even understand what I said above? I doubt it. You just
>>> throw out little fibs and hope they will go under peoples radar.

>>> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
>>> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.
>>
>> He hate me!
>>
>> *LOL*
>
> He may.

I certainly do not hate him. I don't even know him. I can only say that
his COLA nym is a liar, a fraud and a hypocrite. The above is yet
another great example.

> However, you *did* say what he claims you said.....

Yup.

--
"For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user

William Poaster

Sep 15, 2008, 2:56:20 AM9/15/08
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:09:26 -0400, Linonut wrote:

> * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> writes:
>>
>>> * Unruh peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> What a bonehead.
>>
>> So. We can add network admin to the list of many things you know sweet
>> FA about. Right next to your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
>> use the NVidia-installer. Do you not tire of being proven wrong all the
>> time? Did you even understand what I said above? I doubt it. You just
>> throw out little fibs and hope they will go under peoples radar.

>>> More hi kwality commentary from Hadrone.
>>
>> You said it pee-pee boy. And only YESTERDAY you were gloating about
>> great "sig material". You are a hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud.

Quack calling someone a " hypocrite. A liar. And a fraud." Oh, the irony!

> He hate me!
>
> *LOL*

It's Quack's reaction when he's no argument left. Quack hates anyone who
knows more than him, & clearly shows his ignorance.

Actually I can believe he worked at CERN, & I wonder how long it took him
to dig that circular tunnel.

--
Did you know?
Hardon Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.
He thought he was God, and she didn't.

Hadron

Sep 15, 2008, 3:02:58 AM9/15/08
William Poaster <w...@brunel.leafnode.amd64.eu> writes:

So you deny that I was right on best practices with the NVidia drivers?

Aha. Thanks for that Willy. Another indication of just how useless you
are. Argue the man Willy, not the point - thats your way.

> Actually I can believe he worked at CERN, & I wonder how long it took him
> to dig that circular tunnel.

Not bad! Quite amusing.

RonB

Sep 15, 2008, 3:04:37 AM9/15/08
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 07:56:20 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

> It's Quack's reaction when he's no argument left. Quack hates anyone who
> knows more than him, & clearly shows his ignorance.
>
> Actually I can believe he worked at CERN, & I wonder how long it took
> him to dig that circular tunnel.

Hadron so badly wants to be clever.

Poor fellow.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"

Moshe Goldfarb.

Sep 15, 2008, 4:00:23 AM9/15/08

Poaster is as useless as tits on a snake....

Linonut

Sep 15, 2008, 7:23:20 AM9/15/08
* RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

> On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 07:56:20 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
>
>> It's Quack's reaction when he's no argument left. Quack hates anyone who
>> knows more than him, & clearly shows his ignorance.
>>
>> Actually I can believe he worked at CERN, & I wonder how long it took
>> him to dig that circular tunnel.
>
> Hadron so badly wants to be clever.
>
> Poor fellow.

Let Hadrone continue to lemonate.

--
While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own
form of misery.

ynotssor

Sep 15, 2008, 4:19:24 PM9/15/08
In news:Eq_yk.28142$XB4....@bignews9.bellsouth.net,
Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> typed:

> Read the whole article.

Indeed ... a publicly-accessible web server got {cr,h}acked, not the network
that either operates the LHC or anal;yzes its datastream. The article's
alarm is similar to that of declaring a "laundromat has been
compromised --SHUT 'ER DOWN!" because someone drew a moustache on the
picture of the woman on the detergent vending machine.

ynotssor

Sep 15, 2008, 4:21:51 PM9/15/08
In news:reply_in_group-E3C...@news.supernews.com,
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> typed:

> You can't have it both ways--either the OS is blameless in both cases,
> or responsible in both.

You might wish to consider the webserver configuration being at fault, which
is the usual case.

Matt

Sep 17, 2008, 12:47:09 AM9/17/08
Hadron wrote:
> Matt <ma...@themattfella.xxxyyz.com> writes:
>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>
>>> your recent whoppers of recommending nOObs to
>>> use the NVidia-installer.
>>
>> I missed the discussion. What's wrong with noobs doing that?
>
> Google is that way ->

Oh, I guess you mean the bash script you can download from the nvidia
site. I don't know, I guess I used it maybe ten times over two or three
years. It didn't seem so hard. Nowadays I let Ubuntu take care of it.
As I recall, it's difficult to use the script with Ubuntu, but I
always used it back when I ran Fedora. Ubuntu has automated it somehow
so that I am little aware of how it works beyond having to fetch it
through Synaptic after I install the distro. They don't put it into the
stock distro because it's proprietary.

Moshe Goldfarb.

Sep 17, 2008, 1:01:52 AM9/17/08

It's not using the script that is difficult it's that there is a good
chance it will mis-identify things and hose your Xsystem.

Using Synaptic in Ubuntu works.
For other distributions the preferred method is to use the package manager.

Hadron

Sep 17, 2008, 6:51:13 AM9/17/08
Matt <ma...@themattfella.xxxyyz.com> writes:

> Hadron wrote:
>> Matt <ma...@themattfella.xxxyyz.com> writes:

>>> I missed the discussion. What's wrong with noobs doing that?
>>
>> Google is that way ->
>

> Oh, I guess you mean the bash script you can download from the nvidia
> site. I don't know, I guess I used it maybe ten times over two or
> three years. It didn't seem so hard. Nowadays I let Ubuntu take care

It isnt hard. Its wrong.

> of it. As I recall, it's difficult to use the script with Ubuntu, but
> I always used it back when I ran Fedora. Ubuntu has automated it
> somehow so that I am little aware of how it works beyond having to
> fetch it through Synaptic after I install the distro. They don't put
> it into the stock distro because it's proprietary.

We were discussing Debian which is more draconian with its dealings with
things like the nvidia-installer and why using it is not recommended.

Linonut

Sep 17, 2008, 8:04:11 AM9/17/08
* Matt peremptorily fired off this memo:

I didn't even know Nvidia provided a bash script.

Nor did I know that I was "recommending nOObs to use the NVidia-installer."

Sounds like more Hadrone confabulation.

Just for record, my statement was basically that I like to upgrade my
kernel, and, when I do, I have to reinstall Nvidia (and VMware). Since
I've already got the kernel-source infrastructure in place, and have an
already-configured xorg.conf, downloading the latest NVidia installer
and running it is, well, trivial. Seriously. Not for a newbie, but for
anyone familiar with virtual consoles, and the basics of the display
manager and X.

And, really, the kernel build isn't difficult to do manually. I don't
even consult my notes on it anymore.

--
Humor in the Court:
Q. Were you aquainted with the deceased?