New New Twilight Zone

The Joker's Wild

May 11, 2004, 12:18:41 AM5/11/04

Idea for a New New Twilight Zone episode.

A man answers a spam advertisement -- and it's all TRUE!

That's right: either he gets 1 Million by helping a man in Nigeria, or
anatomy reshapes itself in beneficial ways, or he finds love at the college
dorm....

--
W '04 <:> Open

Jeff Relf

May 11, 2004, 1:34:49 AM5/11/04
Hi Bailo, a.k.a. The Joker's Wild,

Re: Possible Twilight Zone episodes.

How about one where programmers totally ignored
the fact that their customers are running Windows.

The Joker's Wild

May 11, 2004, 2:11:16 AM5/11/04
Jeff Relf wrote:

Yes, it could be set in the future in a small isolated community.

Because by 2010, we'll all be running Linux.

--
W '04 <:> Open

chrisv

May 11, 2004, 10:26:57 AM5/11/04
The Joker's Wild <jab...@earthlink.net> wrote:

a$$hole.

*plonk*

Donn Miller

May 11, 2004, 1:24:33 PM5/11/04
The Joker's Wild wrote:
> Idea for a New New Twilight Zone episode.

Bailo actually learns something about using Linux, after 20 years of
using it.

Philip Callan

May 11, 2004, 2:12:10 PM5/11/04
The Joker's Wild wrote:
Great, and for background filler, the TV News can announce
that Microsoft is adopting linux in-house, the Canadian dollar is at par
with the American, and George W. admits he is a warhawk.

The Ghost In The Machine

May 11, 2004, 4:00:09 PM5/11/04
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, The Joker's Wild
<jab...@earthlink.net>
wrote
on Tue, 11 May 2004 06:11:16 GMT
<88_nc.15838$V97....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>:

Unlikely.

[1] FreeBSD? Hello?

[2] Solaris might still be around, a shadowy remnant of its former self.

[3] VMS aficionados aren't quite dead yet. :-)

[4] Linux plays all sorts of weird games on higher hardware. Sort of
like VmWare on steroids, if you will. I'd have to look up the
details.

[5] The Enterprise Services Bus or similar architecture
may make all this irrelevant, if widely adopted.
It's not what language or OS implements a service,
but how well (and how quickly) it communicates with
the requester and/or broker.

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
It's still legal to go .sigless.

Jeff Relf

May 12, 2004, 7:47:01 AM5/12/04
Hi Chris V.,

By my very detailed and highly accurate account,
you have plonked Bailo exactly 1000 times.
Surely this is cause for celebration ... No ?

Jeff Relf

May 12, 2004, 7:49:49 AM5/12/04
Hi Donn Miller,

Re: Ideas for new episodes of the Twilight Zone.

You suggested,

" Bailo actually learns something about using Linux,
after 20 years of using it. "

Were live in the age of reality TV ... It would never fly.

Empty Cardboard Box

May 12, 2004, 1:25:26 PM5/12/04
Jeff Relf wrote:

As his 1000th ploink, surely I get a prize.

K-Mart would do it.