Boycott Novell Will Soon Dump Roy Schestowitz

simian.knu...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2009, 11:07:33 PM1/13/09
The founder of Boycottnovell, Shane Coyle, aka Twitter, has finally
seen the light and reliazed that Roy Schestowitz is a lump of shit
wrapped around his neck.

Roy has slandered many a person, and many a very large corporation and
very rarely has offered any proof of his claims other than "a reliable
source told me" which means nothing, especially coming from a thief
and a liar like Roy Schestowitz.

Here is what Shane has to say about Roy Schestowitz:

"Shane Coyle said,

December 28, 2008 at 11:13 am

I had visions of fixing the place up in the coming year, in terms of
it’s credibility, but I think it’s safe to say at this point that it’s
time for me to hop off the crazy-train too.

This all way-too-closely resembles "Fight Club" for me - when we had
folks in India being arrested over Novell protests, or whatever that
was, I really had to rethink where this was all headed.

I was recently invited to take a look through the archives, and
frankly - more often than not - the "peanut gallery" was/is right. I
haven’t spent nearly enough time here to properly guide the site in
the direction I wanted.

Lately, it seems the program is to eradicate all contrary opinion,
even those who are armed with facts, and to cajole and antagonize them
- accusing them of astroturfing or worse, all the while ignoring their
facts until they finally give up and leave, muttering to themselves.

I wanted to take part in intelligent discussions on the Microsoft-
Novell deal and it’s subtle (yet severe) implications. Guess I’ll have
to go to slashdot for that… So, just pull my pic from the front page -
leave my articles for the archives, although I suppose this comment
will not make it through the new censorship policy.

Have a happy New Year to all, I’m going away until after the 5th.
After that, perhaps I will stop in to see what y’all have done with
the place."

Here is what others have to say about Roy Schestowitz:

"#

Dan O'Brian said,

December 28, 2008 at 8:02 pm

(FWIW, Shane’s comment above seems to align with what I’ve seen on
this site as well - pretty amusing that Shane used to be on your side
when he started this site - now even he thinks you’re a joke, Roy.)

"Yes well, that’s certainly one way to spin it.

I am left wondering though, why he didn’t do this through an email or
some other sort of private communication instead of a very public
statement?

I can almost picture you desperately pulling up the WP admin interface
to check the IP address on that post and suddenly realizing your worst
fear :) "

"It must take a *lot* of nerve for you to come in here and presume to
tell people about fakes and the like.

And I don’t see how that comment was condemning anything. You and Roy
really need to get over yourselves. The credibility of this site is
going down the drain fast, along with the traffic I’m sure. "

"twitter’s comment really proves Shane right. This site has been doing
the cause it was started for a disservice for a long time. And Roy’s
personality is to blame for that."

"As far as I’m concerend, these ‘important people’ might as well only
exist as voices in your head. If they aren’t afraid to be associated
with the stuff you write they should step forward and comment. If they
are afraid the value of what they say equals zero.

My guess is, they are so utterly unimportant that you’d rather not
tell. "

"By god, the reputation of this website is well-deserved. Everybody
who disagrees with you is a troll, right? Well, good-bye to you and
your website! "

"Besides that the above comments show a lot about the state of this
site, its “editor” and his shills, I consider it pretty funny that
even your former colleagues seem to be fed up with the way you
constantly bend or totally make up the truth while ignoring other
parts just cause they don’t fit your argumentation.

But hey, you just annoyed one of “the regular hecklers” who dared to
point out some incorrect claims and even tried to argue with you based
on facts. No wonder he got totally fed up with that mission
impossible. How the hell could he dare? Good job Roy!

Last but not least I had a good laugh when you pointed “twitter” to
the sockpuppet definition. I mean, he is pretty much the inventor of
sockpuppets. His trolling on slashdot is so notorious that every post
about twitter (the service) has more replies talking about twitter
(the troll)

See http://slashdot.org/~SockDisclosure/journal/214377 for details. "

And on an on....

Go ahead and read what a total asshole your hero Roy Schestowitz
really is.
Go ahead, I dare you.

High Plains Thumper

Jan 13, 2009, 11:17:06 PM1/13/09
simian.knu...@gmail.com wrote:
> The founder of Boycottnovell, Shane Coyle, aka Twitter, has
> finally seen the light and reliazed that Roy Schestowitz is a
> lump of shit wrapped around his neck.
>
> Roy has [snip rest of flatfish droppings]

Hello, Gary M. Stewart. How's Google Groups and the open proxy
from Brazil working out?

--
HPT

Message has been deleted

High Plains Thumper

Jan 13, 2009, 11:41:35 PM1/13/09
John (Gary M. Stewart) wrote:
> Looks like all those messages come directly from the
> www.boycottnovell.com site.
> What's the difference who posts them here?
> Or are you afraid of the truth about your hero Roy Schestowitz
> being told?
> Again, this stuff appears right on that sight.
> Roy Schestowitz's own [snip rest of flatfish droppings]

Hello, Gary. So it wasn't enough that you got the deserved
attention here in COLA, that you must now drag your flame war
with Roy into COLM and AOL?

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/12/gary-m-stewart.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/11/sandeep-kumar.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/01/moshe-goldfarb-troll.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html

--
HPT

Message has been deleted

Tim Smith

Jan 14, 2009, 3:41:58 AM1/14/09
In article
<1756e078-682a-40e9...@h20g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
simian.knu...@gmail.com wrote:

> The founder of Boycottnovell, Shane Coyle, aka Twitter, has finally

Where did you get the idea that Shane Coyle is Twitter?????

--
--Tim Smith

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 14, 2009, 3:39:53 AM1/14/09

High Plains Thumper

Jan 14, 2009, 5:17:25 AM1/14/09
> Look screwball, it seems you are not very intelligent so I
> will spell it out for you once again.

So now you go ad hominem, Gary, excellent advocacy (to COLA that
is), isn't it?

> These quotes and posts are directly from Roy Schestowitz's own
> website, boycottnovell.com which is actually owned by Shane
> Coyle.
>
> What part of the post where people are pissed off at Roy do
> you not understand?

I only see one "pissed off" person and that is you.

> What part of Roy Schestowitz's lying, deception, libel and
> slander against some very fine individuals and corporations do
> you not comprehend?

Roy posts quotes from articles, which is far closer to the truth
than your ad hominem off-topic (to COLA that is) rants, which you
have crossposted to COLM and AOL.

> What is it that you don't understand?

Nothing, rather it is you that don't understand.

> These are not my words, they are right from his own site.

Are they? What does dragging your disagreements with off-site
activities have to do with the COLA newsgroup (or COLM and AOL)?

> Maybe you just don't want to admit that your hero is a fake.

No, he is not my hero and he is for real, but you and your
nymshifts are here to spread FUD.

> You can try and discredit me all you want but it doesn't
> change a thing.

It doesn't? Guess again.

> The facts are right there on Roy Schestowitz's
> Boycottnovell.com site for all to see.

Again, what does Roy's off-site activities have to do with COLA?

> And BTW they have been echoed to various other sites as well
> to preserve the facts in case Roy decides to re-write history.

Sure they are Gary, just like all archive sites and Usenet ISP's
honour the "X-No-Archive: yes" header (not).

--
HPT

Andrew Halliwell

Jan 14, 2009, 5:40:32 AM1/14/09
In comp.os.linux.advocacy John <squatter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> These quotes and posts are directly from Roy Schestowitz's own website,
> boycottnovell.com which is actually owned by Shane Coyle.

So, it's roy's own website, boycottnovell.com which is actually owned by
Shane coyle...

Which is it? Roy's or Shane's?
Or is it a joint account?
Where did shane even mention roy in that post?
Hmmm?
He said the "community on the site" had soured, become a "peanut gallery",
chosen to ignore all dissenters even if they came armed with facts.

But not once did he mention a name.

Twist the facts some more flatty.
Come on flatty, let's do the twist...
| spi...@freenet.co.uk |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|
| in |good to you so far... |

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 14, 2009, 6:22:53 AM1/14/09

Hadron

Jan 14, 2009, 6:56:12 AM1/14/09

simian.knu...@gmail.com writes:

> The founder of Boycottnovell, Shane Coyle, aka Twitter, has finally
> seen the light and reliazed that Roy Schestowitz is a lump of shit
> wrapped around his neck.
>
> Roy has slandered many a person, and many a very large corporation and
> very rarely has offered any proof of his claims other than "a reliable
> source told me" which means nothing, especially coming from a thief
> and a liar like Roy Schestowitz.
>
> Here is what Shane has to say about Roy Schestowitz:
>

> "Shane Coyle said,
>
> December 28, 2008 at 11:13 am
>
> I had visions of fixing the place up in the coming year, in terms of
> it’s credibility, but I think it’s safe to say at this point that it’s
> time for me to hop off the crazy-train too.

This is all well and good, but the question remains : why did it take
him SO long to realise what he was doing? It's like the COLA "advocates"
- one day they will look back , shake their heads and say "Wow man, I
must really have been on the KoolAid".

cc

Jan 14, 2009, 7:38:25 AM1/14/09
On Jan 14, 6:22 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com>
wrote:

> ____/ Andrew Halliwell on Wednesday 14 January 2009 10:40 : \____
>

> > In comp.os.linux.advocacy John <squatters.rig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> These quotes and posts are directly from Roy Schestowitz's own website,
> >> boycottnovell.com which is actually owned by Shane Coyle.
>
> > So, it's roy's own website, boycottnovell.com which is actually owned by
> > Shane coyle...
>
> > Which is it? Roy's or Shane's?
> > Or is it a joint account?
> > Where did shane even mention roy in that post?
> > Hmmm?
> > He said the "community on the site" had soured, become a "peanut gallery",
> > chosen to ignore all dissenters even if they came armed with facts.
>
> > But not once did he mention a name.
>
> > Twist the facts some more flatty.
> > Come on flatty, let's do the twist...
>
> It's also taken out of context. Read whole thread.

Here's the entire context

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/98b9019d537d6312?hl=en&dmode=source

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 14, 2009, 8:05:22 AM1/14/09

chrisv

Jan 14, 2009, 9:04:23 AM1/14/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>____/ Gary Stewart on Wednesday 14 January 2009 04:07 : \____
>
>Nymshift much, Gary?
>
>*plonk*

That looked like a one-time-use name, to me. A quick stab of the
delete key is the easiest solution.

William Poaster

Jan 14, 2009, 10:20:22 AM1/14/09

Didn't even see it in the first place. In fact I don't see any of the
troll's nymshifts. :-)

Tim Smith

Jan 14, 2009, 12:46:43 PM1/14/09
In article <1549093.e...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> The Microsoft Munckin also left out the URL so that people can't read the
> context, such as:
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Shane Coyle said,
> |
> | December 29, 2008 at 9:48 am
> |
> | Running to airport, but some clarifications - firstly, my sense of humor
> | doesn’t port well to text - it is very dry, the fight club / india protest
> | things were tongue-in-cheek (and I never meant to imply that ‘we - BN’ had
> | the people arrested, I sometimes poorly sentences construct.
> `----
>
> He hadn't kept track and he thought people were arrested (far from it).
>
> He also made a sarcastic remark, but people didn't get it.

Note that Roy also leaves out the URL. Why is that, Roy? Did you not
want people to read the rest of that comment? Here's the whole comment:

Running to airport, but some clarifications - firstly, my sense of
humor doesn’t port well to text - it is very dry, the fight club /
india protest things were tongue-in-cheek (and I never meant to
imply that ‘we - BN’ had the people arrested, I sometimes poorly
sentences construct.

Liability concerns aside, of which there are many, this post in
particular seemed to exemplify how this site has degenerated more
into personal attacks and arguments in both directions than
substantive discussions on the issues.

Maybe I just desperately need a vacation. See y’all on the 5th (and
it is me ).

And here's the URL:

<http://boycottnovell.com/2008/12/28/thank-you-joseph/#comment-56851>

And Roy, was Shane being sarcastic when he apologized to Jimmi Hugh for
BN slandering Hugh? Was he being sarcastic when he criticized you for
not taking out the slander? This was in early January, well after the
above post.

--
--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Jan 14, 2009, 12:51:18 PM1/14/09
In article <02s046-...@ponder.sky.com>,

Andrew Halliwell <spi...@ponder.sky.com> wrote:
> Twist the facts some more flatty.
> Come on flatty, let's do the twist...

You could actually go read the comment threads on the site itself, if
you think the OP might not have represented them accurately. (The OP in
fact did make at least one major mistake in his post).

--
--Tim Smith

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Erik Funkenbusch

Jan 14, 2009, 2:09:28 PM1/14/09

Yeah, i doubt that. Shane seems relatively sane, while Twitter is just a
Roy wannabe. Shane also seems very busy, and twitter is way too active for
a busy person.

Doug Mentohl

Jan 14, 2009, 2:31:39 PM1/14/09
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> Yeah, i doubt that. Shane seems relatively sane ..

Message has been deleted

Anonymous

Jan 14, 2009, 5:34:50 PM1/14/09
John wrote:

> Twitter is not Shane Coyle.
> Twitter is William H. Hill.

That's correct.

Hill, William H.
5235 N Chalet Court
Baton Rouge, LA 70808-4844
Ph:(225) 769-1409
Email: willia...@cox.net
His website: www.hillnotes.net

George Orwell

Jan 14, 2009, 6:50:34 PM1/14/09
John wrote:

That's correct.

https://www.mixmaster.it

Terry Porter

Jan 14, 2009, 11:49:35 PM1/14/09
George Orwell wrote:

> From: George Orwell <nob...@mixmaster.it>
> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Subject: Re: Boycott Novell Will Soon Dump Roy Schestowitz
> Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 00:50:34 +0100 (CET)

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

Terry Porter

Jan 14, 2009, 11:51:11 PM1/14/09
Anonymous wrote:

> From: Anonymous <cri...@ecn.org>

> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Subject: Re: Boycott Novell Will Soon Dump Roy Schestowitz

> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:34:50 +0100 (CET)

chrisv

Jan 15, 2009, 8:41:41 AM1/15/09
Terry Porter wrote:

>George Orwell wrote:

I'd advise filtering "George Orwell", "anonymous" and "Nomen Nescio".
Let them post into /dev/null to their heart's content.

--
"Because no one wants it as their office desktop. They all use
windows." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

AZ Nomad

Jan 15, 2009, 8:54:46 AM1/15/09
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 07:41:41 -0600, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>Terry Porter wrote:

>>George Orwell wrote:

>I'd advise filtering "George Orwell", "anonymous" and "Nomen Nescio".
>Let them post into /dev/null to their heart's content.

I filter all remailers/mail2news gateways.