[News] Ballmer: Microsoft Moves from Quality Software to Public Brainwash

1 view

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 20, 2006, 8:39:54 AM8/20/06
Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO, March 2006:

,----[ Quote ]
| 'We used to be about "developers, developers, developers"
|
| Not anymore baby. It's about "advertisments, advertisments, advertisments"'
| (i.e. braishwash)
`----

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HTkA9L2J2gY

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 20, 2006, 8:44:47 AM8/20/06
__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Sunday 20 August 2006 13:39 \__

Here's a better version:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fj3FOHc-fgA

It seems to be "advertisers", not "advertisements" (typo copied and pasted
above).

[H]omer

Aug 20, 2006, 12:50:23 PM8/20/06

He must've remembered his meds; he didn't bounce around like a
demented monkey this time, although you could see he wanted to.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
17:49:05 up 63 days, 18:05, 3 users, load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 20, 2006, 1:15:15 PM8/20/06
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 20 August 2006 17:50 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO, March 2006:
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | 'We used to be about "developers, developers, developers"
>> |
>> | Not anymore baby. It's about "advertisments, advertisments,
>> | advertisments"' (i.e. braishwash)
>> `----
>>
>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=HTkA9L2J2gY
>
> He must've remembered his meds; he didn't bounce around like a
> demented monkey this time, although you could see he wanted to.

It's actually the message I was interested in. Vista is a mess and Ballmer
reluctantly admits it. Meanwhile, Vista has an advertising budget of 0.9
billion US dollars.

Character is another issue. It's a behavioural pattern that recurs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Q42D_qVLUA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F7Ju9n8oN8o

(See him getting jiggy with the controller)

it's no surprise that the relationship with his subordinates ends up like
this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tmN8qD5B-TE

Roy

PS - did I really type down "braishwash"? Odd typo.

nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu

Aug 20, 2006, 1:25:33 PM8/20/06
Dear Roy,

I'm posting here instead of below the recent impersonation, because I
don't want to add to it.

This only shows how much you are getting under their skins, and how
effective you have been in promoting Linux, which is the purpose of
this newgroup. It also shows how low they will sink in trying to
destroy this newsgroup as a useful forum and anyone whose message they
don't like.

In cases like this I have noticed that not a single Windows advocate
ever speaks up to condemn this kind of behavior. In this case,
however, Hadron Quark has supported it. Some of the Linux advocates
on this newsgroup exhibit some pretty rude behaviour some times, but
they have never, as far as I have seen, engaged in this kind of
behaviour, by which I mean impersonation, dragging people's personal
lives out for ridicule, and other such (some worse) things.

Best wishes,
Nessuno

Hadron Quark

Aug 20, 2006, 2:35:09 PM8/20/06
"nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu" <nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu> writes:

> Dear Roy,
>
> I'm posting here instead of below the recent impersonation, because I
> don't want to add to it.
>
> This only shows how much you are getting under their skins, and how
> effective you have been in promoting Linux, which is the purpose of
> this newgroup. It also shows how low they will sink in trying to
> destroy this newsgroup as a useful forum and anyone whose message they
> don't like.
>
> In cases like this I have noticed that not a single Windows advocate
> ever speaks up to condemn this kind of behavior. In this case,
> however, Hadron Quark has supported it. Some of the Linux advocates

I have supported it? WTF are you talking about you asslicking weasel? I
did nothing of the sort - I merely posted a semi-humurous reply. I do
not condone net impersonation and have been the victim of it
myself. Even worse are simpering fops like yourself you try to
ingratiate yourself into people good books by worshipping their shadow.

> on this newsgroup exhibit some pretty rude behaviour some times, but
> they have never, as far as I have seen, engaged in this kind of
> behaviour, by which I mean impersonation, dragging people's personal
> lives out for ridicule, and other such (some worse) things.

You do realise that (at least I think) none of it was true? It wasnt
Roy's personal life that was being dragged out - it was a sick joke by
someone. But, Roy, if you can suck your own cock, thats pretty
impressive for a computer nerd - most cant even bend down enough to tie
up their shoelaces.

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 20, 2006, 3:05:00 PM8/20/06
__/ [ Hadron Quark ] on Sunday 20 August 2006 19:35 \__

'Hadron',

Thanks for reminding me what a piece (or piss) os shit you are. In my bin you
remain.

Hadron Quark

Aug 20, 2006, 3:28:12 PM8/20/06
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

As usual with crybabies, you can give but can not take. Or, seemingly,
recognise pisstake when you see it. You take yourself *far* too
seriously : whether its justifying right justification or spamming the
NG with totally OT posts about Windows. Had you read the post above you
would see that I condemned the original post. if you cant, then get some
comprehension lessons or get out more into the real world.

Oliver Wong

Aug 21, 2006, 1:59:04 PM8/21/06

<nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu> wrote in message

> Dear Roy,
>
> I'm posting here instead of below the recent impersonation, because I
> don't want to add to it.
[...]

> In cases like this I have noticed that not a single Windows advocate
> ever speaks up to condemn this kind of behavior.

When I saw (the real) Roy's reply of "This isn't me" (paraphrased, can't
recall the exact wording), I was considering replying with something along
the lines of "Don't worry, I doubt anyone would actually think this was
written by you, Roy." but decided it didn't add enough value to the thread,
and like you, I didn't want to add to it unless I really did have something
valuable to contribute.

That being said, for the record, I'll state that I condem that
behaviour. I thought it'd be obvious that I wouldn't approve of it, but I
find a lot of things I thought would be obvious about my positions turn out
not to be so obvious on this newsgroup. So there, I've said it: I don't
approve.

I'll go one step further, and tell you, Roy, to persevere. Obviously,
someone out there doesn't like you or your viewpoints, but rather than
agreeing-to-disagree, or addressing your viewpoints, they decide to
anonymously attack your character. That's completely childish, and no
rational person would have their opinion of you swayed in anyway by those
attacks. Just ignore them. That they would resort to such tactics shows
their desperation and your success.

- Oliver

nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu

Aug 21, 2006, 2:20:14 PM8/21/06

Dear Oliver,

I really, sincerely appreciate your decency. Sometimes I use the term
"windows advocate" because it's a polite if somewhat inaccurate way of
referring to some of the people who post here. I know you consider
yourself an advocate of choice (the best OS for the purpose), and my
impression of the posts of yours that I've seen is that you are indeed
very balanced and fair.

Best wishes,
Nessuno

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 21, 2006, 2:28:41 PM8/21/06
__/ [ nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu ] on Monday 21 August 2006 19:20 \__

> Dear Oliver,
>
> I really, sincerely appreciate your decency. Sometimes I use the term
> "windows advocate" because it's a polite if somewhat inaccurate way of
> referring to some of the people who post here. I know you consider
> yourself an advocate of choice (the best OS for the purpose), and my
> impression of the posts of yours that I've seen is that you are indeed
> very balanced and fair.

Yes, I concur. And Roy C's label assignment should probably be
revised/changed. I have always enjoyed discussions with Oliver. Mark feels
very differently about this, but I digress.

Erik Funkenbusch

Aug 21, 2006, 3:11:27 PM8/21/06
On 20 Aug 2006 10:25:33 -0700, nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

> In cases like this I have noticed that not a single Windows advocate
> ever speaks up to condemn this kind of behavior.

I really don't read the vast majority of threads, and I didn't see the post
you're referring to, but I have on several occasions shown my disapproval
of impersonators, and sock puppeteers alike. Not recently, mind you, as I
just don't spend that much time here anymore.

The same thing can be said, however, for Linux advocates failing to express
disagreement with the more rabid Linux zealots, like 7. And it took a huge
fuss not too long ago to get many of the Linux advocates to admit that rex
is full of it most of the time.

The fact of the matter is, I don't feed trolls. I simply ignore them.
Something that most COLA readers should do, and they would go away. If
they didn't get such great responses, they wouldn't do it.

Peter Köhlmann

Aug 21, 2006, 8:47:32 PM8/21/06
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On 20 Aug 2006 10:25:33 -0700, nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
>
>> In cases like this I have noticed that not a single Windows advocate
>> ever speaks up to condemn this kind of behavior.
>
> I really don't read the vast majority of threads,

Especially those where you claim some really outlandish stuff and get called
on it, right, Erik?
Those are usually the ones you don't read anymore

< snip more Erik F bullshit >
--
Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
If it starts working, we'll fix it. Pronto.

casioc...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2006, 1:31:22 AM8/22/06

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> http://youtube.com/watch?v=fj3FOHc-fgA

Quick! Someone with the tranquiliser!

miroco

Aug 22, 2006, 1:42:52 AM8/22/06
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:31:22 -0700, casioculture wrote:

> Quick! Someone with the tranquiliser!

That guy is repulsive why would anyone buy his shit?
--
http://home.comcast.net/~whodie/

Mark Kent

Aug 22, 2006, 2:51:58 AM8/22/06
begin oe_protect.scr
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:

Politeness is not (and should not be) related to on or off-topic
posting. I would prefer it if everyone were polite, but they're not.
Some polite people post on-topic, some post off-topic.

I'm afraid that I find Mr Wong's logic, well, not logical, much of the
time. An example of this would include the claim that (paraphrasing):
Windows Vista is not just a service pack for NT5, because you have to
/pay/ for it.

At best, it is a circular (and thus pointless) argument, at worst, it
shows a naivety and lack of comprehension of the business world well
beyond the call of duty for any advocate of a lock-in model.

Do not permit a woman to ask forgiveness, for that is only the first
step. The second is justification of herself by accusation of you.
-- DeGourmont

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 22, 2006, 9:39:15 AM8/22/06
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 07:51 \__

He later clarified and said it was sarcastic, at full or in part. But a
facial expression would have been appreciated. *smile*

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 22, 2006, 9:42:49 AM8/22/06
__/ [ miroco ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 06:42 \__

> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:31:22 -0700, casioculture wrote:
>
>> Quick! Someone with the tranquiliser!
>
> That guy is repulsive why would anyone buy his shit?

Because your average buyer does not know Steve Ballmer.

Oprah Winfrey 'recommends Windows Vista^tm'

[hands exchanging money /]

Sadly, many people choose to embrace what supports their current habit
(Windows never involved a choice as it was merely out there or forcefed
'from above'). I still see many people who preach in favour of Bill Gates,
arguing that he is a nice guy who gives money to charity.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | Proprietary cripples communication
http://Schestowitz.com | Open Prospects Ś PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

Mark Kent

Aug 22, 2006, 6:20:20 PM8/22/06
begin oe_protect.scr
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:

The level of abuse in quark's response does demonstrate the problem
rather well. I am very much of the view that Hadron Quark is one of our
better-known homophobes, that being Gary Stewart, aka flatty, but I'll
leave it to Peter K to confirm.

Peter Köhlmann

Aug 22, 2006, 8:44:35 PM8/22/06
Mark Kent wrote:

< snip >

>> Thanks for reminding me what a piece (or piss) os shit you are. In my bin
>> you remain.
>
> The level of abuse in quark's response does demonstrate the problem
> rather well. I am very much of the view that Hadron Quark is one of our
> better-known homophobes, that being Gary Stewart, aka flatty, but I'll
> leave it to Peter K to confirm.

I'd venture that this is not flatfish (probably). Also, most of the
wintrolls are homophobes. This comes quite naturally with the business of
being exceptionally stupid
The posting style and the headers don't match flatbrains usual posts

But I have seen similar posts/headers in the recent past with other nyms.
This "Hadron Quark" character has posted before, under different nyms.
Maybe one should search for those, but currently I simply settle for filing
this idiot a just another widiot and oxygen thief
--
Modern man is the missing link between apes and human beings.

chrisv

Aug 23, 2006, 9:00:57 AM8/23/06
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:28:12 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:
>>
>> 'Hadron',
>>
>> Thanks for reminding me what a piece (or piss) os shit you are. In my bin you
>> remain.
>
> As usual with crybabies, you can give but can not take.

LOL! This, from the twat who came in here and immediately started KF'ing
advocates who dared say anything that displeased him.

What a fscking hypocrite!

No surprise 'Hadron' aligned himself with that scum Funkenbusch...

chrisv

Aug 23, 2006, 9:02:42 AM8/23/06
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:44:35 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> I'd venture that this is not flatfish (probably). Also, most of the
> wintrolls are homophobes. This comes quite naturally with the business of
> being exceptionally stupid
> The posting style and the headers don't match flatbrains usual posts
>
> But I have seen similar posts/headers in the recent past with other nyms.
> This "Hadron Quark" character has posted before, under different nyms.
> Maybe one should search for those, but currently I simply settle for filing
> this idiot a just another widiot and oxygen thief

He seems a lot like Larry the Message ID guy, to me. Definitely someone
who's been around before, though.

Mark Kent

Aug 23, 2006, 11:52:11 AM8/23/06
begin oe_protect.scr
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> espoused:

Well, you need to consider what hadron is an anagram of before
dismissing the contention that he's gary stewart.

The number of arguments is unimportant unless some of them are correct.
-- Ralph Hartley

Mark Kent

Aug 23, 2006, 11:52:39 AM8/23/06
begin oe_protect.scr
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> espoused:

Could be, although would he have used such an anagram as hadron?

chrisv

Aug 23, 2006, 1:00:53 PM8/23/06
Mark Kent wrote:

>begin oe_protect.scr
>chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> espoused:

>>> As usual with crybabies, you can give but can not take.
>>
>> LOL! This, from the twat who came in here and immediately started KF'ing
>> advocates who dared say anything that displeased him.
>>
>> What a fscking hypocrite!
>>
>> No surprise 'Hadron' aligned himself with that scum Funkenbusch...
>
>Well, you need to consider what hadron is an anagram of before
>dismissing the contention that he's gary stewart.

What's the anagram? I'm not good at that kind of stuff.

Oliver Wong

Aug 23, 2006, 1:55:51 PM8/23/06

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> Mark Kent wrote:
>
>>Well, you need to consider what hadron is an anagram of before
>>dismissing the contention that he's gary stewart.
>
> What's the anagram? I'm not good at that kind of stuff.

I'm guessing Mark is referring to "hard on", as in an erection. But
given the context, I assume "Hadron Quark" is a reference to the subatomic
particle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadron

FWIW, Mark Kent is an anagram of Merk Tank, where Merk is a Scottish
currency. (Oliver Wong <-> Grovel Wino)

- Oliver

Sinister Midget

Aug 23, 2006, 5:51:42 PM8/23/06
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 at 15:52 GMT, Mark Kent <mark...@demon.co.uk> posted something concerning:

> begin oe_protect.scr
> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> espoused:

>>> As usual with crybabies, you can give but can not take.
>>
>> LOL! This, from the twat who came in here and immediately started KF'ing
>> advocates who dared say anything that displeased him.
>>
>> What a fscking hypocrite!
>>
>> No surprise 'Hadron' aligned himself with that scum Funkenbusch...
>>

> Well, you need to consider what hadron is an anagram of before
> dismissing the contention that he's gary stewart.

Rhonda?

--
If Windows is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.

Mark Kent

Aug 23, 2006, 6:10:41 PM8/23/06

Well, it starts with hard.