[News] [Rival] Apple Does a Lot of Evil and Continues to Get bad Publicity

Roy Schestowitz

May 3, 2010, 10:19:39 AM5/3/10

Steve Jobs says patent pool is being assembled to go after open-source codecs

http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2010/05/steve-jobs-says-patent-pool-is-being.html

Apple: Closed, Proprietary Systems Are Bad (Unless They're Our Own)

Jobs: Why Apple banned Flash from the iPhone

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20003739-264.html

The real reason why Steve Jobs hates Flash

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2010/04/why-steve-jobs-hates-flash.html

Adobe strikes back at Steve Jobs

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1603764/adobe-strikes-steve-jobs

Apple Needs To Offer More, Less Porn, Depending Who You Ask

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100420/1024209108.shtml

Apple, Microsoft Come Out Against Open Source Video Codecs

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/features/article.php/3879801/Apple-Microsoft-Come-Out-Against-Open-Source-Video-Codecs.htm

Apple Patents The Invisible Button

http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/29/apple-patents-invisible-button/

FSF Response To Steve Jobs's Letter

http://apple.slashdot.org/story/10/05/01/2350216/FSF-Response-To-Steve-Jobss-Letter

FSF responds to Jobs's "Thoughts on Flash"

,----[ Quote ]
| In a response to an open letter from Hugo
| Roy of the Free Software Foundation Europe,
| Jobs claimed that free codecs like Ogg
| Theora could also infringe patents, but that
| does not justify making the internet
| standard for video a technology that is
| known to be patented by a group who is
| actively collecting royalties and suing
| people for infringement.
|
| We have legal assurances from the only
| publicly claimed patent holders that Ogg
| Theora can be used both commercially and
| noncommercially, in any software, by anyone,
| without royalty.
|
| Of course, other patents may arise, and we
| will have to fight them if they do. H.264
| could also find itself dealing with some
| hitherto unknown patent claims in the
| future; that's just the nature of the
| system. Buying a license to H.264 does not
| magically protect you from such submarine
| attacks.
|
| The software patent system is broken and we
| will continue campaigning for its abolition.
| You can help with this campaign by watching
| and sharing the new film, Patent Absurdity:
| How software patents broke the system.
|
| In the meantime, "Everything could be
| patented anyway" is not an argument for
| "Give up even trying and just submit to
| MPEG-LA." It's an argument for Ogg Theora,
| and against software patents.
`----

http://www.fsf.org/news/fsf-responds-to-jobss-thoughts-on-flash

Apple and Adobe's war of words heats up

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve Jobs anti-Adobe Flash rant is really
| quite a remarkable document both for what it
| says, and what it doesn't say.
|
| First, and foremost, there's the fact that
| Jobs spends most of his time complaining
| about the Flash format and ignoring the real
| beef Adobe has with Apple. Sure Adobe
| doesn't like that Apple won't let Adobe
| Flash on its iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch
| platforms. But, that's not what has Adobe
| executives ticked off to the point that
| they're telling Apple to go screw themselves
| and that they're quietly considering suing
| Apple.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16031/apple_and_adobes_war_of_words_heats_up

Apple closing down Lala.com on May 31

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple iTunes on the web would be good news
| for a lot of people if it is launched. It
| would enable Linux users to purchase songs
| from their computers (Apple iTunes does not
| work on Linux).
`----

http://news.techwhack.com/12063-lala.com-2

Apple Bought Lala To Shut It Down?

,----[ Quote ]
| Instead, it looks like Apple bought Lala to
| shut it down. Just five months or so after
| purchasing it, Apple has announced that Lala
| will be closing at the end of May, pissing
| off lots of users. Now, it's entirely
| possible (or even likely) that Apple is
| timing the shutdown with a launch of a
| totally new streaming iTunes-in-the-cloud
| type service, but it does seem weird to buy
| a company and shut it down so quickly, and
| raises questions of whether or not the
| purchase was really about building out
| Apple's offerings, or about shutting down a
| nascent competitor just before Apple
| launched its own version. Also, if the plan
| is to launch its own version, why "shut
| down" Lala? Why not just transfer them over
| to the new service?
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100430/1436149265.shtml

‘I think Flash is crap’

,----[ Quote ]
| But nothing against Linux at all.
|
| As a blind person, I tried Ubuntu, just
| because they said It was accessible, so I
| wanted to see how accessible it was.
|
| Turns out, from what I saw, not half bad.
|
| Anyway, I think flash is crap too. From an
| accessibility standpoint, from what I’ve
| seen over my last 10 years of using the
| various screen readers such as Windoweyes
| and Jaws For Windows, flash is not very
| accessible, if at all.
|
| Even if you don’t like apple at all, as of
| 2008 or so,you have to give it to them when
| it comes to accessibility.
`----

http://www.p2pnet.net/story/39210

Recent:

Boycott Apple. Boycott Everyone.

,----[ Quote ]
| This is an abuse of police powers, an
| exercise in intimidation. The message is
| clear: annoy Apple, and Apple will crush you
| like a bug. A more appropriate response
| would have been dueling lawyers firing
| subpoenas at each other and racking up the
| appropriate number of billable hours. The
| most appropriate response would have been
| "Oops, we goofed, we let one of our trade
| secrets out, we need to be more careful."
|
| Trade secrets are exposed all the time.
| Execs lose things. Employees blab. Some
| journalists feel it is beneath their dignity
| to take advantage of such lapses. But it is
| not our job to protect their trade secrets,
| and especially not in this era of
| intellectual property madness where the
| balance of power is tipped heavily into the
| hands of big business, and every last little
| thing that displeases the corporate
| overlords is criminalized.
|
| [...]
|
| At best, in my un-legal but common-sense
| opinion, this is a minor civil matter, and
| surely not a criminal case that warrants a
| door-busting raid and possible felony
| charges. Both Mr. Hogan and Mr. Chen face
| possible felony charges, which is utterly
| insane.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2010-04-30-031-35-OP-BZ-AP

Apple To Shut Down Lala On May 31

http://apple.slashdot.org/story/10/04/30/1354246/Apple-To-Shut-Down-Lala-On-May-31

Open Letter to Steve Jobs

,----[ Quote ]
| May I remind you that H.264 is not an open
| standard? This video codec is covered by
| patents, and “vendors and commercial users
| of products which make use of H.264/AVC are
| expected to pay patent licensing royalties
| for the patented technology” (ref). This is
| why Mozilla Firefox and Opera have not
| adopted this video codec for their HTML5
| implementation, and decided to chose Theora
| as a sustainable and open alternative.
|
| [...]
|
| From: Steve Jobs
| To: Hugo Roy
| Subject: Re:Open letter to Steve Jobs:
| Thoughts on Flash
| Date 30/04/2010 15:21:17
|
| All video codecs are covered by patents.
| A patent pool is being assembled to go
| after Theora and other “open source”
| codecs now. Unfortunately, just because
| something is open source, it doesn’t
| mean or guarantee that it doesn’t
| infringe on others patents. An open
| standard is different from being royalty
| free or open source.
|
| Sent from my iPad
|
| Since it was an open letter, I think I have
| the right to publish his answer.
`----

http://blogs.fsfe.org/hugo/2010/04/open-letter-to-steve-jobs/

Steve Jobs Hints At Theora Lawsuit

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/04/30/237238/Steve-Jobs-Hints-At-Theora-Lawsuit

Xiph.Org Foundation Responds To Steve Jobs’ Threat: “Creative Individuals Don’t Really Like to Give Their Business to Jackbooted Thugs”

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is Montgomery’s response:
|
| Thomson Multimedia made their first
| veiled patent threats against Vorbis
| almost ten years ago. MPEG-LA has been
| rumbling for the past few years. Maybe
| this time it will actually come to
| something, but it hasn’t yet. I’ll get
| worried when the lawyers advise me to;
| i.e., not yet.
|
| The MPEG-LA has insinuated for some time
| that it is impossible to build any video
| codec without infringing on at least
| some of their patents. That is, they
| assert they have a monopoly on all
| digital video compression technology,
| period, and it is illegal to even
| attempt to compete with them. Of course,
| they’ve been careful not to say quite
| exactly that.
|
| If Jobs’s email is genuine, this is a
| powerful public gaffe (‘All video codecs
| are covered by patents.’) He’d be
| confirming MPEG’s assertion in plain
| language anyone can understand. It would
| only strengthen the pushback against
| software patents and add to Apple’s
| increasing PR mess. Macbooks and iPads
| may be pretty sweet, but creative
| individuals don’t really like to give
| their business to jackbooted thugs.
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/tech-news/xiph-org-foundation-responds-steve-jobs-threat.html

Pot, meet kettle: a response to Steve Jobs' letter on Flash

,----[ Quote ]
| Part of the reason why Flash and iPhone OS
| are proprietary is that Adobe and Apple
| agreed to the terms of the H.264 patent
| license. H.264, despite Jobs's claim, is not
| a free standard—patents necessary to
| implement it are held by a group that
| requires all users to agree to a license
| with restrictive terms. Those terms have
| previously even been unavailable for
| examination online. We are publishing them
| on fsf.org today in order to comment on
| their unethical restrictions. The fact that
| H.264 is a commonly used standard does not
| make it a free standard—the terms of its use
| are what matter, and they require all
| licensed software to include the following
| notice:
|
| THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC
| PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE FOR THE
| PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A
| CONSUMER TO (I) ENCODE VIDEO IN
| COMPLIANCE WITH THE AVC STANDARD ("AVC
| VIDEO") AND/OR (II) DECODE AVC VIDEO
| THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED
| IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL
| ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A
| VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC
| VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE
| IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL
| INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG
| LA, L.L.C. SEE HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM
|
| You'll find similar language in the license
| agreements of Final Cut Studio, Google
| Chrome, Mac OS X, and Windows 7.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/04/pot-meet-kettle-a-response-to-steve-jobs-letter-on-flash.ars

Patent challenge looming for open-source codecs?

,----[ Quote ]
| If authentic, a new e-mail from Steve Jobs
| indicates that Apple and Microsoft--of all
| bedfellows--could be preparing to challenge
| the validity of open-source video codecs.
|
| Jobs' e-mail to Hugo Roy of the Free
| Software Foundation Europe, coupled with a
| similarly worded announcement from Microsoft
| on Friday, is a shot across the bow of
| backers of the open-source Ogg Theora video
| codec, used by Mozilla to bring HTML5 video
| technology to Firefox. Both Apple and
| Microsoft plan to use the h.264 codec in
| their HTML5 strategy, which is governed by a
| licensing body called MPEG LA. Apple and
| Microsoft, along with a host of tech
| companies, are also members of that group.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30684_3-20003895-265.html

Steve Jobs: mystery patent pool to attack Ogg Theora

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/30/steve_jobs_claims_ogg_theora_attack/

Patent Pool to Thwart Open Source Codecs

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story280205.html

Apple May Be Gunning for Open Source Codecs

http://newteevee.com/2010/04/30/apple-may-be-gunning-for-open-source-codecs/

Meet the Hypocrites: Steve Jobs

,----[ Quote ]
| That led to the following paragraph:
|
| Adobe’s Flash products are 100%
| proprietary. They are only available
| from Adobe, and Adobe has sole authority
| as to their future enhancement, pricing,
| etc. While Adobe’s Flash products are
| widely available, this does not mean
| they are open, since they are controlled
| entirely by Adobe and available only
| from Adobe. By almost any definition,
| Flash is a closed system.
|
| Notice anything curious about that
| paragraph? It's a perfect description of
| Apple's own business practices! Just replace
| "Adobe" and "Flash" with "Apple" and
| "iPhone", "iPad", "iPod/iTunes", or "Mac"
| and you get a nicely worded four sentence
| critique of Jobs' own company. Seriously...
| How can Jobs talk about openness when his
| notoriously secretive company is not only
| hypocritically on the warpath against Adobe,
| but recently goaded police into initiating a
| criminal investigation over the
| disappearance of Apple's fourth generation
| iPhone prototype, which was lost by one of
| Jobs' own employees!?
`----

http://www.nwprogressive.org/weblog/2010/04/meet-hypocrites-steve-jobs.html

Steve Jobs on Flash (or the lack thereof) and more talk about tablets

http://opensource.com/life/10/4/steve-jobs-flash-or-lack-thereof-and-more-talk-about-tablets

Apple: Apple Raises E-book Prices For Everyone

http://apple.slashdot.org/story/10/04/30/2251220/Apple-Raises-E-book-Prices-For-Everyone

7

May 3, 2010, 10:07:50 AM5/3/10
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Steve Jobs says patent pool is being assembled to go after open-source
> codecs
>
> http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2010/05/steve-jobs-says-patent-pool-is-
being.html

Appil an amrikan company forever bad trying to lock up
video formats at the expense for the rest of billions around the planet that
need free video and audio codecs to get on in the world.

What's with the sick fscks at appil crocporation?

Homer

May 3, 2010, 9:15:30 PM5/3/10

> Steve Jobs says patent pool is being assembled to go after
> open-source codecs
>
> http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2010/05/steve-jobs-says-patent-pool-is-being.html

[quote]

All video codecs are covered by patents. A patent pool is being
assembled to go after Theora and other "open source" codecs now.

[quote]

~ Steve Jobs.

I'd have thought someone as close to death as Jobs would be more
concerned with atoning for his past sins, than adding to them by
attacking altruism and freedom.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| When all else fails, MOVE.L 4.W,A6 and JSR -726(A6)
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5
02:08:54 up 33 days, 11:59, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.02, 0.00

owl

May 3, 2010, 9:37:45 PM5/3/10
Homer <use...@slated.org> wrote:

>> Steve Jobs says patent pool is being assembled to go after
>> open-source codecs
>>
>> http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2010/05/steve-jobs-says-patent-pool-is-being.html
>
> [quote]
> All video codecs are covered by patents. A patent pool is being
> assembled to go after Theora and other "open source" codecs now.
> [quote]
>
> ~ Steve Jobs.
>
> I'd have thought someone as close to death as Jobs would be more
> concerned with atoning for his past sins, than adding to them by
> attacking altruism and freedom.

Although I don't care for Steve Jobs, as a fellow human being I wish
him good health. But I can't help but wonder what will happen to the
cult when he is gone.

Sinister Midget III

May 3, 2010, 10:25:38 PM5/3/10
On 2010-05-04, owl <o...@rooftop.invalid> claimed:

> Although I don't care for Steve Jobs, as a fellow human being I wish
> him good health. But I can't help but wonder what will happen to the
> cult when he is gone.

They'll all imbibe on the last round of iKoolaid laced with iArsenic,
of course.

--
Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.
Aspire One, Linux Mint 8 (LXDE)

DFS

May 4, 2010, 9:53:40 AM5/4/10
On 5/3/2010 9:15 PM, Homer wrote:

>> Steve Jobs says patent pool is being assembled to go after
>> open-source codecs
>>
>> http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2010/05/steve-jobs-says-patent-pool-is-being.html
>
> [quote]
> All video codecs are covered by patents. A patent pool is being
> assembled to go after Theora and other "open source" codecs now.
> [quote]
>
> ~ Steve Jobs.
>
> I'd have thought someone as close to death as Jobs would be more
> concerned with atoning for his past sins, than adding to them by
> attacking altruism and freedom.

His only "sin" is founding a company that makes great products.

Your sins are helping an oil drilling firm pollute the ocean and exploit
Nigerians, and frothing vicious hatred for people that don't agree with
you about computer software.

He's a winner - you're a loser.

DFS

May 4, 2010, 9:56:30 AM5/4/10
On 5/3/2010 10:25 PM, Sinister Midget III wrote:
> On 2010-05-04, owl<o...@rooftop.invalid> claimed:
>
>> Although I don't care for Steve Jobs, as a fellow human being I wish
>> him good health. But I can't help but wonder what will happen to the
>> cult when he is gone.
>
> They'll all imbibe on the last round of iKoolaid laced with iArsenic,
> of course.

Meanwhile you'll be castrating yourself [hopefully] for the Linux
freetard cult, preparing and waiting for that magical Ubuntu purple
spaceship to take you away from this DRM-laden world.

Hadron

May 4, 2010, 10:12:23 AM5/4/10
DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> writes:

Didn't you hear? Purple is the new brown.

Hadron

May 4, 2010, 10:11:52 AM5/4/10
Homer <use...@slated.org> writes:

>> Steve Jobs says patent pool is being assembled to go after
>> open-source codecs
>>
>> http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2010/05/steve-jobs-says-patent-pool-is-being.html
>
> [quote]
> All video codecs are covered by patents. A patent pool is being
> assembled to go after Theora and other "open source" codecs now.
> [quote]
>
> ~ Steve Jobs.
>
> I'd have thought someone as close to death as Jobs would be more
> concerned with atoning for his past sins, than adding to them by
> attacking altruism and freedom.

A true Linux "advocate" as usual Homo - The only "sin" is making a
company that made things people wanted this disproving your drivel about
MS being a monopoly. You nasty, bitter, hateful arse.

I have seen some rather nasty posts here in COLA but you almost
gloating at a man's potential demise is a new low.

SomeBloke

May 4, 2010, 11:44:24 AM5/4/10

Quick Nurse, Damp Fungal Sponge's medication is wearing off and his tin
foil hat is slipping!

--
I'm always kind, polite and reasonable.... except when I'm not.

Moshe

May 4, 2010, 1:03:29 PM5/4/10

Roy Schestowitz

May 4, 2010, 5:14:47 PM5/4/10

Roy Schestowitz

May 4, 2010, 5:12:41 PM5/4/10

Homer

May 5, 2010, 1:44:21 PM5/5/10
Verily I say unto thee, that SomeBloke spake thusly:

> On Tue, 04 May 2010 09:53:40 -0400, DFS wrote:

>> His only "sin" is founding a company that makes great products.

Apple's greatest "product" is their indoctrination of sheeple like you,
such that even the Microsoft faithful can't see beyond Messiah Jobs'
"shiny-shiny" propaganda, to the political slime underneath.

Here's a good article on that "product":

http://www.theonion.com/articles/apple-unveils-new-productunveiling-product,2162/

Then again, it's people like you who shovelled that slime in there to
begin with, so it's doubtful that you'd be repelled by it.

>> Your sins are helping an oil drilling firm pollute the ocean

Please don't embarrass yourself by discussing things which you obviously
don't understand in the slightest. A /gas/ FPSO, such as the one I
worked on, does /nothing/ to pollute the ocean.

Your continued and desperate attempt to stigmatise me with this is
futile and pathetic.

/You/ probably pollute the ocean more than that FPSO. You certainly
pollute COLA, and the rest of the world, with your sick ideologies.

>> and exploit Nigerians

It's ironic that, out of all the many contracts I've done in the
offshore industry over the years, you should choose to focus on the one
which not only entailed the /least/ corruption by far (not to mention
the least pollution), on the part of the oil and drilling companies
concerned, but in fact saw *those companies exploited by others* -
specifically the government of Nigeria, a body which, I can assure you,
the people of Nigeria have much more to be fearful of than western oil
and drilling companies.

Again, you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

Paying Nigerian workers more than double the money they'd make elsewhere
in Nigeria, providing them with pristine accommodation, feeding them
four square meals a day, and providing them with a full range of
entertainment facilities on board, is not exactly what I'd call
"exploitation", and it's certainly more than they could expect from
their corrupt government.

But the general assertion that the oil industry is corrupt is certainly
true, as it is for every other industry, or anything else which has the
potential for exploitation. Every one of us is surrounded by corruption
in every aspect of our lives; there's simply no way to avoid it, except
perhaps to live in a cave or commit suicide. That then leaves people
only two choices, to either accept or fight this corruption, whilst
nonetheless continuing to live and work in an environment dominated by it.

However, evil bastards like you contend that fighting corruption whilst
still living and working in a corrupt environment is somehow
"hypocrisy", essentially precluding everyone in the world from the moral
right to speak out against corruption. Naturally this artificial paradox
is very useful to people like you, who seek to promote that corruption,
and defend it against its detractors, by falsely stigmatising them as
"hypocrites".

Am I getting warm, DooFy?

Of course, exposing your deceptions won't actually stop you, will it,
any more than prosecuting Microsoft and Apple will stop their
racketeering? That's why even after years of being exposed as a thug and
a fraud working for the cause of a twisted political agenda, you're
still polluting COLA with your filth: Your agenda hasn't changed just
because you've been exposed, and neither has Microsoft's or Apple's just
because they've been prosecuted.

The only way to stop them, and you, is to take away the power that fuels
their corruption ... money. Companies that run their business like
gangsters need to be shut down permanently: Forcibly liquidated and
stripped of their assets. The knock-on effect of that is people like you
would no longer have a corrupt cause to "evangelise", and you and your
kind would crawl back into the slime pit you slithered out of.

>> and frothing vicious hatred for people that don't agree with you
>> about computer software.

"Don't agree with me about computer software" doesn't cut it, DooFy, as
you damn-well know. The core of my doctrine has nothing specifically to
do with software, it is simply that all knowledge should be Free,
because no one person or company is the exclusive source of any given
knowledge, and therefore to claim exclusive "ownership" of it is a lie.

Unrelated to that is the principle that businesses should not be allowed
to behave like a bunch of gangsters running a racketeering operation,
"competing" in a way that has nothing to do with the merit of their
products or services, but instead relies completely on fear, sabotage,
threats, bribery and extortion.

Microsoft and Apple violate both doctrines, a whole swath of other moral
principles, and often the law.

You are apparently not only content to ignore their criminal behaviour,
but actually revel in it, because of you are utterly committed to the
principles of exploitation, selfishness and greed.

The best defence you can then offer to justify your vile attitude is
that "other people do it", pointing the finger at /me/, when in fact you
know that is no justification at all, even if your accusations had any
merit or were anything more than desperate speculation and wishful
thinking. Not that slander ever actually /needs/ any merit to cause the
desired damage to its intended victim, or course, which is why you
continue with your lies unabated.

>> He's a winner

He's a gangster, no better than Ballmer. His illegal misuse of the
police as his own private security company, and his comments about
Theora proves that, if not his decades of thuggish behaviour towards
others who merely tried to support Apple products, but were rewarded
with an iron fist. Indeed, Apple is on the verge of yet another
prosecution, concerning Jobs thrusting his iron fist into the face of
iPhone developers.

His "winnings" are the spoils of that gangsterism, just like Microsoft's
are the spoils of Ballmer's and Gates'. Only someone who thinks like a
gangster, sympathises with thugs and criminals, and scorns their
innocent victims, could perceive this as "winning".

> you're a loser.

Thanks to Microsoft and Apple, and various other "IP" thugs in the
industry like Alcatel Lucent, I and everyone else have lost some of our
freedom. Again, only someone who thinks like a criminal would condemn
the victims of crime as "losers".

> Quick Nurse, Damp Fungal Sponge's medication is wearing off and his
> tin foil hat is slipping!

DooFy is just clutching at straws as usual, in a desperate attempt to
defend the indefensible.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| When all else fails, MOVE.L 4.W,A6 and JSR -726(A6)
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

18:44:03 up 35 days, 4:34, 2 users, load average: 0.14, 0.07, 0.01

Chris Ahlstrom

May 5, 2010, 3:42:54 PM5/5/10
Homer pulled this Usenet boner:

> Verily I say unto thee, that SomeBloke spake thusly:
>> On Tue, 04 May 2010 09:53:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>>> His only "sin" is founding a company that makes great products.
>
> Apple's greatest "product" is their indoctrination of sheeple like you,
> such that even the Microsoft faithful can't see beyond Messiah Jobs'
> "shiny-shiny" propaganda, to the political slime underneath.
>
> Here's a good article on that "product":
>
> http://www.theonion.com/articles/apple-unveils-new-productunveiling-product,2162/

Not to intrude on this philosophical discussion, but... from the link:

Described in its patent filing as a "hype-generating mechanism with fully
integrated Mac compatibility," the iLaunch is powered by Intel dual-core
processors optimized to calculate a product's gravitas. Apple claims the
iLaunch can garner the same amount of press attention as a major
scientific discovery, high court ruling, celebrity meltdown, or natural
disaster at 200 times the speed of a traditional media-fostered launch.

. . .

Shortly after Jobs' address, Microsoft announced that they are working on
a similar product, the Launch-O, due to debut in 2009.

--
Tuesday is the Wednesday of the rest of your life.

Homer

May 5, 2010, 6:14:23 PM5/5/10
Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

> Shortly after Jobs' address, Microsoft announced that they are
> working on a similar product, the Launch-O, due to debut in 2009.

One small step for Microsoft, one giant leap backwards for mankind.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| When all else fails, MOVE.L 4.W,A6 and JSR -726(A6)
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

23:14:10 up 35 days, 9:04, 2 users, load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.00

Roy Schestowitz

May 6, 2010, 4:24:32 AM5/6/10

chrisv

May 7, 2010, 9:01:19 AM5/7/10
Homer wrote:

> (snip great post)

I love reading these long posts where you tear a troll a new hole,
Homer. I kind of wish I'd saved in archive of your "greatest hits".
8)

Of course, the Dumfsck troll was not shamed. As you predicted, he
didn't even miss a beat. He's got no shame, no soul to lose. He's
utterly immoral and worthless. His type gets his thrills by needling
those who he perceives are his moral and intellectual superiors. His
type sees decent, honest folks as "marks", "suckers", "weak", and
"losers". His type are germs that infect the human race.

Homer

May 7, 2010, 11:37:58 AM5/7/10
Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:

> Homer wrote:
>
>> (snip great post)
>
> I love reading these long posts where you tear a troll a new hole,
> Homer. I kind of wish I'd saved in archive of your "greatest hits".
> 8)

No problem. I have a copy of every article I ever posted, on my IMAP
server. One day I'll take the time to compile it into a hyperlinked and
searchable list on Slated, with a dedicated "ripped asshole" section,
featuring Miguel de Icaza at the number one position.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| When all else fails, MOVE.L 4.W,A6 and JSR -726(A6)
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

16:37:24 up 37 days, 2:27, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.00

DFS

May 7, 2010, 12:03:32 PM5/7/10
On 5/7/2010 11:37 AM, Homer wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:
>> Homer wrote:
>>
>>> (snip great post)
>>
>> I love reading these long posts where you tear a troll a new hole,
>> Homer. I kind of wish I'd saved in archive of your "greatest hits".
>> 8)
>
> No problem. I have a copy of every article I ever posted, on my IMAP
> server. One day I'll take the time to compile it into a hyperlinked and
> searchable list on Slated, with a dedicated "ripped asshole" section,
> featuring Miguel de Icaza at the number one position.

What a joke. You're not worthy to plug in de Icaza's new Microsoft
keyboard.

chrisv

May 7, 2010, 12:04:30 PM5/7/10
Homer wrote:

>Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:
>> Homer wrote:
>>
>>> (snip great post)
>>
>> I love reading these long posts where you tear a troll a new hole,
>> Homer. I kind of wish I'd saved in archive of your "greatest hits".
>> 8)
>
>No problem. I have a copy of every article I ever posted, on my IMAP
>server. One day I'll take the time to compile it into a hyperlinked and
>searchable list on Slated, with a dedicated "ripped asshole" section,
>featuring Miguel de Icaza at the number one position.

Ha! I look foward to it.

Moshe

May 7, 2010, 12:18:33 PM5/7/10

Somebody should toss a net over [Homer] before he injures himself.
What a net loon.
Literally.

Hadron

May 7, 2010, 12:28:04 PM5/7/10
Homer <use...@slated.org> writes:

> Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:
>> Homer wrote:
>>
>>> (snip great post)
>>
>> I love reading these long posts where you tear a troll a new hole,
>> Homer. I kind of wish I'd saved in archive of your "greatest hits".
>> 8)
>
> No problem. I have a copy of every article I ever posted, on my IMAP
> server. One day I'll take the time to compile it into a hyperlinked and
> searchable list on Slated, with a dedicated "ripped asshole" section,
> featuring Miguel de Icaza at the number one position.

Your insults about someone who has contributed more to FOSS than you can
ever hope sets you in a very bad light. You're a rambling lunatic with
ideas of grandeur. How is the GPL 3.0 distro coming along you freetard
you? Did you discover you might have to do some actual work?

Homer, you're an idiot. I just want you to be clear on that. Your
egocentric ramblings and put downs of people who actually develop and
support FOSS marks you as yet another COLA wheener who is all mouth and
no trousers.

One Shot, One Kill

May 7, 2010, 1:13:34 PM5/7/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

chrisv is a liar. chrisv is a stupid piece of shit.

Roy Schestowitz

May 8, 2010, 10:54:32 AM5/8/10

Ezekiel

May 8, 2010, 10:50:33 AM5/8/10

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message

> Steve Jobs says patent pool is being assembled to go after open-source
> codecs
>
> http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2010/05/steve-jobs-says-patent-pool-is-being.html
>
> Apple: Closed, Proprietary Systems Are Bad (Unless They're Our Own)
>
> http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100429/1107129242.shtml

(snip - remaining 8k of useless garbage)

"Bad publicity" - are you serious? Because someone on "blogspot" and
"techdirt" is whining about Apple is irrelevant. Take a look at the type of
publicity Apple is getting out in the real world. Third-rate whining by
some nobody on some obscure website is *NOT* bad publicity.

Homer

May 8, 2010, 2:28:55 PM5/8/10

> Have a look at MHonArc. It's on many repos.

Yeah I used a similar tool to publish the Media Defenders exposure.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| When all else fails, MOVE.L 4.W,A6 and JSR -726(A6)
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

19:27:20 up 38 days, 5:17, 3 users, load average: 0.15, 0.05, 0.01

Roy Schestowitz

May 10, 2010, 6:29:31 PM5/10/10