TOP TEN reasons I have to reboot LINUX

1 view

Phil Howard

Jun 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/7/95
TOP TEN reasons I have to reboot LINUX

10. My mother turned my computer off while I was away

9. Would you believe I upgraded the cache memory

8. The cat stepped on the Ctrl-Alt-Del key

7. A moment of disk drive silence for Windows 95

6. It's been so long since I watched it type out L I L O

5. Got a bigger hard drive

4. Lightning knocked out my electricity

3. Got a UPS now, but I gotta plug in to it

2. Upgraded to the newest kernel

And the number one reason is:

1. Moved Linux to /dev/hda1 after removing DOS/Windows/W95

--
Phil Howard KA9WGN | When citizens fear government, we call it tyranny
Unix/Internet/Sys Admin | When government fears citizens, we call it freedom

Dave Hwang

Jun 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/8/95
In article <3r51d5$g...@zeus.fasttax.com> ph...@zeus.fasttax.com (Phil Howard) writes:

[top ten deleted]

I only have two reasons why I ever reboot.

1. I play games in DOS (NHL 95, and Descent on my current time sinks)
2. I upgraded my kernel.

Dave Hwang
mar...@mit.edu

Ray Kelm

Jun 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/11/95
4. I don't trust lightning storms.
3. New motherboard, more ram, bigger disk, faster modem.
2. Time for the semi-annual cleaning of the dust from the computer.
1. Had to move the computer to another room.
Raymond H Kelm II New Image Software, Inc
r...@farpoint.newimage.com Makers of Image BBS

Hauke Jans

Jun 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/11/95
Dave Hwang (mar...@mit.edu) wrote:
: In article <3r51d5$g...@zeus.fasttax.com> ph...@zeus.fasttax.com
(Phil Howard) writes:

: [top ten deleted]

Descent runs under dosemu 0.60.1
But I would add:

3. Sometimes I need to start a game called Windows. Its ugly,
buggy, bad shit, but if you blast enought MS-Bugs with your
Workaround-gun, you get REAL MONEY !

Sometimes I whish I could make money with Linux......

Cheers
Hauke Jans

ja...@valium.rhein.de

Ravi Krishna Swamy

Jun 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/12/95
In article <3rf5u6$s...@valium.rhein.de>,

Hauke Jans <ha...@valium.rhein.de> wrote:
>Dave Hwang (mar...@mit.edu) wrote:
>: In article <3r51d5$g...@zeus.fasttax.com> ph...@zeus.fasttax.com
> (Phil Howard) writes:
>
>: [top ten deleted]
>
>: I only have two reasons why I ever reboot.
>
>: 1. I play games in DOS (NHL 95, and Descent on my current time sinks)
>: 2. I upgraded my kernel.
>
> Descent runs under dosemu 0.60.1

Unfortunately I could never get dosemu to do anything but text based
graphics. I heard that my Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM was not supported
by dosemu and that was the problem.

>But I would add:
>
> 3. Sometimes I need to start a game called Windows. Its ugly,
> buggy, bad shit, but if you blast enought MS-Bugs with your
> Workaround-gun, you get REAL MONEY !
>
>Sometimes I whish I could make money with Linux......

Heh heh, I'm making money with Linux. I'm using it primarily as
an xterminal to connect to our suns, although it runs httpd
and is kind of a mini-server.

Ravi