Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

Tim Smith

Jan 14, 2008, 11:40:41 PM1/14/08

Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Lou_Jepsen> for details). She posted
to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places,
that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:

<http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=416106&cid=22017038>

Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
division of IESC (<http://www.iesc.org/>) that has done some projects
with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
Keller international).

--
--Tim Smith

DFS

Jan 14, 2008, 11:48:26 PM1/14/08

Nice.

But don't count on the utter public destruction of Roy's idiocy being nearly
enough to make him change. James Gosling (of Sun and Java fame) told me
himself in an email that Rex Ballard was a liar that he [Gosling] had never
heard of, yet even after I posted that devastating refutation of his lies,
Rex didn't stop claiming his work was the basis for Java.

The truth isn't nearly enough to keep nutcases like Roy Homer Rex from
spewing their warped lies and misinterpretations of reality.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jan 15, 2008, 12:17:31 AM1/15/08

I hope Roy has a good attorney.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jan 15, 2008, 12:18:39 AM1/15/08

Rex Ballard actually claims that his work is the basis for Java?
I thought that was some kind of a joke.

Erik Funkenbusch

Jan 15, 2008, 12:53:12 AM1/15/08
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:40:41 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

Also see this:

http://www.olpcnews.com/commentary/olpc_news/olpc_news_conspiracy_theory.html

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 15, 2008, 2:19:15 AM1/15/08
____/ Tim Smith on Tuesday 15 January 2008 04:40 : \____

At least 5 sources that I read said it was an Intel guy. Thanks for the
correction, which obviously came after some original article (not mine) had
the Net poisoned with disinformation.

What's the matter with you, Timmy? Trying to portray this as some kind of war
of OLPC /against/ me? Or Mary attacking me? Give me a break, shill. You're
only trying to create civil wars (again!!).

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Open syntax, Open API's, Open Source
Cpu(s): 25.0%us, 4.1%sy, 1.0%ni, 65.8%id, 3.7%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 15, 2008, 2:39:48 AM1/15/08
Tim Smith wrote:

Why don't you provide the context?

Written *that* way you did, I can only conclude that you are lying (again)
and purposefully avoided anything which would make checking of your and
Roys claims easily possible
--
Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jan 15, 2008, 2:55:47 AM1/15/08
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:19:15 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> What's the matter with you, Timmy? Trying to portray this as some kind of war
> of OLPC /against/ me? Or Mary attacking me? Give me a break, shill. You're
> only trying to create civil wars (again!!).

You're an idiot Roy Schestowitz.
You have an agenda.
You are obviously being funded.
You have fooled quite a few people who are so desperate to hear about Linux
they will believe anyone, but you have not fooled everyone.
Your day of reckoning will come, sooner or later, and you will flame out
like all the rest of your ilk only to be forgotten at which point you can
ponder about all of your wasted time.
Hopefully the financial compensation is enough for the moment because your
long term future looks dismal.
A simple Google search is all that is needed.
Your support of a loony toon like Rex Ballard just goes to prove how nutty
you really are.
One listen to your podcast, proves you are a total bore who barely has a
command of the English language and who in truth sounds mentally retarded.
That will surely go a long way toward your finding employment after your
grant money runs out. NOT!
And even if you should slip through the screening process, you will now
have to deal with co-workers who will surely look up all kinds of dirt on
you, and they will find plenty.
Good luck.
You will need it.

You do realize that at some point you may be asked to prove your claims
against the likes of Novel, Microsoft etc.
I've said it before and I will say it again, I hope you have a good
attorney because you just might need one.

Hadron

Jan 15, 2008, 8:05:15 AM1/15/08
Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> writes:

,----
| So for CmdrTaco to insinuate that OLPC News is a front for anyone but
| them, insults you, dear reader, and every OLPC News contributor,
| commenter, and supporter personally. To do so with out of date and
| inaccurate information offends SlashDot itself.
`----

That's Roy for you.

Tim Smith

Jan 15, 2008, 3:43:56 PM1/15/08
In article <fmho04$34d$02$1...@news.t-online.com>,

Peter Kohlmann <peter.k...@t-online.de> wrote:
> Written *that* way you did, I can only conclude that you are lying (again)
> and purposefully avoided anything which would make checking of your and
> Roys claims easily possible

People who know how to use a browser can easily find all the relevant
into. That leaves you out. If you can demonstrate that you've finally
figured out how to follow links, I can give you some. (Of course, when
they show you are wrong, you'll just come back with your usual claim
that the links didn't work...).

--
--Tim Smith

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 15, 2008, 4:06:07 PM1/15/08
Tim Smith wrote:

Translation: You have no links and made your claims up out of full cloth

--
I doubt, therefore I might be.

Tim Smith

Jan 15, 2008, 4:49:14 PM1/15/08
In article <fmj77v$ain$03$1...@news.t-online.com>,

Peter Kohlmann <peter.k...@t-online.de> wrote:
> > People who know how to use a browser can easily find all the relevant
> > into. That leaves you out. If you can demonstrate that you've finally
> > figured out how to follow links, I can give you some. (Of course, when
> > they show you are wrong, you'll just come back with your usual claim
> > that the links didn't work...).
> >

> Translation: You have no links and made your claims up out of full cloth

Peter, almost every time I've given you a link for the last several
months, you've claimed you can't follow it. If you want, though, you
can yourself go to boycottnovell, select the OLPC articles, and see what
Roy has said.

--
--Tim Smith

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 15, 2008, 5:01:18 PM1/15/08
Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <fmj77v$ain$03$1...@news.t-online.com>,
> Peter Kohlmann <peter.k...@t-online.de> wrote:
>> > People who know how to use a browser can easily find all the relevant
>> > into. That leaves you out. If you can demonstrate that you've finally
>> > figured out how to follow links, I can give you some. (Of course, when
>> > they show you are wrong, you'll just come back with your usual claim
>> > that the links didn't work...).
>> >

>> Translation: You have no links and made your claims up out of full cloth
>
> Peter, almost every time I've given you a link for the last several
> months, you've claimed you can't follow it.

Wrong. I have said so *one* time
And it was a broken link. I told you I can't be arsed to stitch it manually,
if you are unable to provide working links as everyone else is able to do

So, just stop this bullshit about "several times". You are getting nearly as
bad as Hadron Quark with your made up claims

> If you want, though, you can yourself go to boycottnovell, select the OLPC
> articles, and see what Roy has said.

Good. Provide the link.

No, I will not hunt for something you just /claim/ to exist. I assume that
you are lying. Prove me wrong, this time

--
Get the new Windows XP. Now with eXtra Problems included

Mark Kent

Jan 16, 2008, 3:55:39 AM1/16/08
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:

> ____/ Tim Smith on Tuesday 15 January 2008 04:40 : \____
>

>> Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Lou_Jepsen> for details). She posted
>> to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places,
>> that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:
>>
>> <http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=416106&cid=22017038>
>>
>> Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
>> division of IESC (<http://www.iesc.org/>) that has done some projects
>> with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
>> Keller international).
>
> At least 5 sources that I read said it was an Intel guy. Thanks for the
> correction, which obviously came after some original article (not mine) had
> the Net poisoned with disinformation.
>
> What's the matter with you, Timmy? Trying to portray this as some kind of war
> of OLPC /against/ me? Or Mary attacking me? Give me a break, shill. You're
> only trying to create civil wars (again!!).

Timmy requires perfection, Roy! You should know and understand that,
after all, he's one of your best customers :-))

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 16, 2008, 4:23:32 AM1/16/08
____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 16 January 2008 08:55 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:
>> ____/ Tim Smith on Tuesday 15 January 2008 04:40 : \____
>>

>>> Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
>>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Lou_Jepsen> for details). She posted
>>> to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places,
>>> that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:
>>>
>>> <http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=416106&cid=22017038>
>>>
>>> Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
>>> division of IESC (<http://www.iesc.org/>) that has done some projects
>>> with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
>>> Keller international).
>>
>> At least 5 sources that I read said it was an Intel guy. Thanks for the
>> correction, which obviously came after some original article (not mine) had
>> the Net poisoned with disinformation.
>>
>> What's the matter with you, Timmy? Trying to portray this as some kind of
>> war of OLPC /against/ me? Or Mary attacking me? Give me a break, shill.
>> You're only trying to create civil wars (again!!).
>>

> Timmy requires perfection, Roy! You should know and understand that,
> after all, he's one of your best customers :-))

Well, he can require that from himself. He should stop policing me on the Web
(which he still does all the time, including in Digg.com).

If I don't want to proofread what I type, I'm not f***ing going to, certainly
not for some stalker who is apparently a single man in his 50s.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | http://debian.org
09:20:02 up 36 days, 22:08, 4 users, load average: 1.64, 1.51, 1.36

Moshe Goldfarb

Jan 16, 2008, 11:22:32 AM1/16/08

Policing YOU on the web?
You fscking idiot.
You're the one always telling people what they should do, especially on
digg.
And you have some nerve slamming a site that makes money from hits
considering you are doing the same thing with your misleading subject lines
and pure FUD.

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Linux_com_Largo_still_loves_Linux/#c12048825

Another one of your lies:

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Speaking_Truth_to_Power_Sometimes_Involves_Yelling/#c11783714

And the list is endless.

Hadron

Jan 16, 2008, 11:25:05 AM1/16/08
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

> Well, he can require that from himself. He should stop policing me on the Web
> (which he still does all the time, including in Digg.com).
>
> If I don't want to proofread what I type, I'm not f***ing going to, certainly
> not for some stalker who is apparently a single man in his 50s.

"I do not want to proofread what I type"

Thanks for that Roy.

It pretty much sums you up. You couldn't even be arsed to prepare
yourself for that webcast about XML standards and made a , predictably,
right fool of yourself.

Way to advocate Linux!

"I do not want to proofread what I type"

You're unravelling. Get a holiday. Maybe Holland? You could model for
some more posters by Marti?

Moshe Goldfarb

Jan 16, 2008, 11:46:36 AM1/16/08

Hysterical.
Of course *he* doesn't proof read most of what he writes.
It's generated by a well programmed script.
And if it's not, by his own criteria, he MUST be getting paid to sit at a
computer all day and post 1000's of articles per month to every corner of
the Internet.
Spamming has evidently become a full time occupation for Roy.

Tim Smith

Jan 16, 2008, 5:05:59 PM1/16/08
In article <1656003.N...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> Well, he can require that from himself. He should stop policing me on the Web
> (which he still does all the time, including in Digg.com).

Roy, you've confused digg.com with your diary. If you don't want your
writings to be read and commented on, then don't post them to a place
that is DESIGNED TO ALLOW ANYONE TO READ AND COMMENT ON THEM. Geesh!

> If I don't want to proofread what I type, I'm not f***ing going to, certainly
> not for some stalker who is apparently a single man in his 50s.

This is exactly the same as people who top-post on usenet. It makes
their posts harder to read, and their excuse is that it takes too long
to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. So, to save themselves
the 5 seconds it would take to follow social norms for usenet and move
their cursor before starting, they are willing to slow down everyone who
reads their post.

If you don't care enough about your comments to bother making them
legible, or don't care about your readers enough to spend 10 seconds
checking a comment before submitting it, you are going to continue to
get dugg down. Your choice.

Speaking of stalking, you have been trying to figure out where I live
(and doing your usual quality work, as you missed by almost 5000 miles),
and now you seem to have tried to find my age (also wrong), sex (right),
and current marital status (right). What's your name for this?

--
--Tim Smith

Moshe Goldfarb

Jan 16, 2008, 8:15:40 PM1/16/08
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:05:59 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

> Speaking of stalking, you have been trying to figure out where I live
> (and doing your usual quality work, as you missed by almost 5000 miles),
> and now you seem to have tried to find my age (also wrong), sex (right),
> and current marital status (right). What's your name for this?

Please email me Tim. My address is real.

Tim Smith

Jan 16, 2008, 9:31:36 PM1/16/08
In article <1ve7mc2wiqili$.1hiq5br3nqqsv$.d...@40tude.net>,

Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Speaking of stalking, you have been trying to figure out where I live
> > (and doing your usual quality work, as you missed by almost 5000 miles),
> > and now you seem to have tried to find my age (also wrong), sex (right),
> > and current marital status (right). What's your name for this?
>
> Please email me Tim. My address is real.

I generally don't mail random people on the net. Could you give some
hint as to what the purpose would be? For all I know, you are one of
Roy's nyms!

--
--Tim Smith

Moshe Goldfarb

Jan 16, 2008, 9:40:53 PM1/16/08

I suspect I might be having the same problem as you are.

Jim Richardson

Jan 17, 2008, 12:32:25 AM1/17/08

Windows XP... now runs all your favorite viruses.

Tim Smith

Jan 17, 2008, 1:57:52 AM1/17/08
In article <1psfxezox6oo2.90q9ahb2ydlq$.d...@40tude.net>,

> >> Please email me Tim. My address is real.
> >
> > I generally don't mail random people on the net. Could you give some
> > hint as to what the purpose would be? For all I know, you are one of
> > Roy's nyms!
>
> I suspect I might be having the same problem as you are.

Well, I don't think I'm having a problem. Whatever method he's using to
research me is so inaccurate that if he hadn't announced the results of
his investigation, I would not have been able to detect it.

All the information I have is that he's said he thinks I live in the UK,
that I'm male, that I'm in my 50's, and that I'm single. Since I
haven't stated most of that information in any place he is likely to
have seen without searching, it seems he's looking. (But finding the
wrong Tim Smith? Or, since he's said that he doesn't think that is my
real name, perhaps he's searching for some other name?).

That's all I know about it. If someone is investigating you, and are
doing a good enough job that you've actually noticed, than it probably
isn't Roy.

--
--Tim Smith

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 17, 2008, 3:32:47 AM1/17/08
____/ Jim Richardson on Thursday 17 January 2008 05:32 : \____

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:31:36 -0800,
> Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please email me Tim. My address is real.
>>
>> I generally don't mail random people on the net. Could you give some
>> hint as to what the purpose would be? For all I know, you are one of
>> Roy's nyms!
>>

> Oh it's a nym alright, doubt it's Roy's though!

I never had nyms. Once again the trolls are spreading the Big Lie.

--
~~ Best of wishes

.oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
.oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq

Linonut

Jan 17, 2008, 7:57:33 AM1/17/08

>> Oh it's a nym alright, doubt it's Roy's though!
>
> I never had nyms. Once again the trolls are spreading the Big Lie.

That one, however, is a Tiny Lie <grin>.

--
I think irc isn't going to work though---we're running out of topic space!
-- Joseph Carter

Doug Mentohl

Jan 17, 2008, 7:50:52 AM1/17/08
On 15 Jan, 04:40, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

> She posted to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places, that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:

> <http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=416106&cid=22017038>

Where in the above citation does Jepsen refer to any remarks of
Schestowitz?

'The issue was on the sales side, and the disparagement we were still
getting from Intel. Peru was one really extreme example. Oscar Becerra
Tresierra, the vice minister of education, said to me that Intel was
coming to him almost every day and saying, "Look, we are on the OLPC's
board, and we know that the laptop will never work."'

Do you have any citation that Jepsen never said this?

http://snipurl.com/1xmx1
http://www.xconomy.com/2008/01/15/pixel-qi-out-to-bring-principles-of-inexpensive-laptop-design-to-consumer-market-former-one-laptop-cto-mary-lou-jepsen-on-her-new-startup/3/
--

OLPC blog draws fire for failure to disclose
http://www.siliconvalleysleuth.com/2007/01/olpc_blog_draws.html

Interview with OLPC's Founding CTO Mary Lou Jepsen
http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20080107182525297

--

Smith: keep up the Linux advocacy why don't you .. ;)

Doug Mentohl

Jan 17, 2008, 7:56:30 AM1/17/08
On 15 Jan, 20:43, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

> People who know how to use a browser can easily find all the relevant

into ..

If that's the case, then who the relentless personal attacks on
Schestowitz. Aren't people clever enough to figure this out without
you forging scurrilous sexual inuendo about Schestowitz ?

Doug Mentohl

Jan 17, 2008, 7:58:03 AM1/17/08
On 15 Jan, 21:49, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

> > Translation: You have no links and made your claims up out of full cloth

> If you want, though, you can yourself go to boycottnovell, select the OLPC articles, and see what Roy has said.

Translation: You're totally full of shit ...

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 17, 2008, 11:36:52 AM1/17/08
____/ Linonut on Thursday 17 January 2008 12:57 : \____

>>> Oh it's a nym alright, doubt it's Roy's though!
>>
>> I never had nyms. Once again the trolls are spreading the Big Lie.
>
> That one, however, is a Tiny Lie <grin>.

Yes, but it becomes Big when the entire Ballmer Youth spits it endlessly here
and elsewhere (outside COLA).

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"

Linonut

Jan 17, 2008, 12:18:11 PM1/17/08

> ____/ Linonut on Thursday 17 January 2008 12:57 : \____
>

>> That one, however, is a Tiny Lie <grin>.
>
> Yes, but it becomes Big when the entire Ballmer Youth spits it endlessly here
> and elsewhere (outside COLA).

Mikrosoft über alles!

--
Tallulah Bankhead barged down the Nile last night as Cleopatra and sank.
-- John Mason Brown, drama critic

Jim Richardson

Jan 17, 2008, 1:13:16 PM1/17/08

"Hacking's just another word for nothing left to kludge." - Anon.

Tim Smith

Jan 17, 2008, 3:19:07 PM1/17/08
In article <G8Ijj.52448$Mu4....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:

> >> Oh it's a nym alright, doubt it's Roy's though!
> >
> > I never had nyms. Once again the trolls are spreading the Big Lie.
>
> That one, however, is a Tiny Lie <grin>.

There's as much or more evidence for Roy nyms than there is for half the
things Roy claims about other people.

--
--Tim Smith

Linonut

Jan 17, 2008, 3:48:10 PM1/17/08

Talk about your fuzzy logic. Sheesh. I thought you were a pedant.

--
perfect guest:
One who makes his host feel at home.

Tim Smith

Jan 17, 2008, 5:09:56 PM1/17/08
In article <Q1Pjj.43646$k27...@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,

Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:
> > There's as much or more evidence for Roy nyms than there is for half the
> > things Roy claims about other people.
>
> Talk about your fuzzy logic. Sheesh. I thought you were a pedant.

And my fuzzy grammar...that sentence was one heck of a train wreck.

--
--Tim Smith

Message has been deleted

Hadron

Jan 18, 2008, 7:46:44 AM1/18/08
Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> writes:

> On Jan 17, 8:19 pm, Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> There's as much or more evidence for Roy nyms than there is for half the things Roy claims about other people.
>

> OK, put up or shut up before you embarrass yourself any further,
> produce the evidence ..

The same way that Koehlmann and High Plains Copycat do? Come off
it. Facts appear to have no place in COLA as you well know.

William Poaster

Jan 18, 2008, 7:40:10 AM1/18/08
Doug Mentohl wrote:

> On Jan 17, 8:19 pm, Tim Smith wrote:
>

>> There's as much or more evidence for Roy nyms than there is for half the
>> things Roy claims about other people.
>

> OK, put up or shut up before you embarrass yourself any further,
> produce the evidence ..

Here, here! Let's see it.

--
This message was sent from a
computer which is guaranteed

Tim Smith

Jan 18, 2008, 2:49:24 PM1/18/08
In article
<d91b0255-7c80-45a7...@k2g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 8:19 pm, Tim Smith wrote:
>

> > There's as much or more evidence for Roy nyms than there is for half the
> > things Roy claims about other people.
>

> OK, put up or shut up before you embarrass yourself any further,
> produce the evidence ..

Read more carefully.

--
--Tim Smith