Windows 2000 - The FINAL solution!

Charlie Ebert

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
I was reading up the newsgroups at a post somebody did comparing Hitler
to Bill gates.
One world, One Web, One Microsoft,,,, or something like that....

Well,,, that's a very interesting idea. Put your brain in your skull
and think along with me.

You've just conquered Poland (IBM), France (APPLE), and a bunch of
smaller other countries
Holland (Atari), Hungary (Commodore), Belgium (Amiga).

It appears this time that the war with Russia (UNIX) is being won at a
very slow rate.

Because your playing the Russian front differently than the last
anti-christ, your proceeding
cautiously and making notes on all the little details concerning the
battle.

You are constantly updated as to the status of the Russian (UNIX) front.

Your troops are divided into two camps. The Waffen SS (Windows 95/98)
and
the Gestapo ( NT 3.5/4.0).

But you see a new opponent comming out of the Russian Front. An
opponent who's
gaining ground faster than any other before in history.

It's the new Russian Army being commanded by General Linuxcoff.
General Linuxcoff's army is gaining ground faster than any other Army in
the history
of the world.

You straighten your skull and crossbone cap. An idea has just arrived.
Combine my two forces into one fighting unit to maximize destruction and
looting profitiablity.

The 2000 Reich will be the last Reich of the Micro-people! HI HI HI!

I expect the bunker ceremony at right on 5 years from now.

Bill Frisbee

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99

Charlie Ebert <kd...@theshop.net> wrote in message

Yeah but just before UNIX (linux I mean Russia takes Germany over, America
steals all the scientists builds everything better and faster and linux I
mean russia in less than 50 years crumbles to nothing at all...).

Bill F.

jb...@transarc.com

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
Charlie Ebert wrote:

> I was reading up the newsgroups at a post somebody did comparing Hitler
> to Bill gates.
> One world, One Web, One Microsoft,,,, or something like that....
>
> You've just conquered Poland (IBM), France (APPLE), and a bunch of
> smaller other countries
> Holland (Atari), Hungary (Commodore), Belgium (Amiga).

nazi imagery aside and other than with the demise of os/2, how has msft
conquered ibm? ibm competes in markts msft can currently hope to touch no
matter what they say. comparing bill gates to hitler is just stupid.

jb...@transarc.com

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
Joe_...@transarc.com wrote:

> Charlie Ebert wrote:
> >
> > I was reading up the newsgroups at a post somebody did comparing Hitler
> > to Bill gates.
> > One world, One Web, One Microsoft,,,, or something like that....
> >
> > You've just conquered Poland (IBM), France (APPLE), and a bunch of
> > smaller other countries
> > Holland (Atari), Hungary (Commodore), Belgium (Amiga).
> >

> nazi imagery aside and other than with the demise of os/2, how has msft
> conquered ibm? ibm competes in markts msft can currently hope to touch no
^^^

> matter what they say. comparing bill gates to hitler is just stupid.

not that it matters but make that "can't". sorry to followup my onw post.

Darren Winsper

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
> I expect the bunker ceremony at right on 5 years from now.

Interesting story. However, what about the UK? What about the Americans
who came in half way through to help eventually beat Germany and nuke
Japan? Who do they represent?

--
Darren Winsper
"Microsoft says, "Oh, you've got a brain? Well, you won't need it as

Craig Kelley

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
"Bill Frisbee" <bfri...@webengine-db.nospam.com> writes:

> Yeah but just before UNIX (linux I mean Russia takes Germany over, America
> steals all the scientists builds everything better and faster and linux I
> mean russia in less than 50 years crumbles to nothing at all...).

Damn those scientists for wanting something better!

:p

Craig Kelley -- kell...@isu.edu
http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger i...@inconnu.isu.edu for PGP block

Bill Frisbee

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99

Craig Kelley <i...@inconnu.isu.edu> wrote in message

> "Bill Frisbee" <bfri...@webengine-db.nospam.com> writes:
>
> > Yeah but just before UNIX (linux I mean Russia takes Germany over,
America
> > steals all the scientists builds everything better and faster and linux
> > mean russia in less than 50 years crumbles to nothing at all...).
>
> Damn those scientists for wanting something better!

Just saying that Linux is not the be all and end all of OS's.

Bill F.

Charlie Ebert

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
"Joe_...@transarc.com" wrote:

Okay,

I'll answer that question Sir,
Bill Gates dropped out of his Joint Venture with IBM known as OS/2.
Thus, Bill Killed IBM. And there you have it.

The first time Bill Killed IBM was when he pulled the rug out from under IBM's

feet by creating Microsoft and undermining MS-dos.

And that's why IBM takes the place of Poland on this scene.

Charlie

Charlie Ebert

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
Darren Winsper wrote:

I will answer this question Sir,

Seems to me the U.S.Government doesn't need an imaginary part in
this make-believe story.
They are TRUELY doing what the U.S.Government does best.
HINT HINT...
Read the papers....

Anyway, HI, That was funny to me anyway. HI..

Charlie Ebert

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
Craig Kelley wrote:

> "Bill Frisbee" <bfri...@webengine-db.nospam.com> writes:
>
> > Yeah but just before UNIX (linux I mean Russia takes Germany over, America
> > steals all the scientists builds everything better and faster and linux I
> > mean russia in less than 50 years crumbles to nothing at all...).
>
> Damn those scientists for wanting something better!
>

> :p
>
> --
> The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead.
> Craig Kelley -- kell...@isu.edu
> http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger i...@inconnu.isu.edu for PGP block

That's probably the HUGE gaping HOLE in my whole story.
See, Bill doesn't believe in scientists.

Charlie Ebert

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
Bill Frisbee wrote:

> Craig Kelley <i...@inconnu.isu.edu> wrote in message

> > "Bill Frisbee" <bfri...@webengine-db.nospam.com> writes:
> >
> > > Yeah but just before UNIX (linux I mean Russia takes Germany over,
> America
> > > steals all the scientists builds everything better and faster and linux
> > > mean russia in less than 50 years crumbles to nothing at all...).
> >
> > Damn those scientists for wanting something better!
>

> Just saying that Linux is not the be all and end all of OS's.
>
> Bill F.

I would disagree and agree with this comment.
LINUX will put an END to all COMMERCIAL OS's as we know them.
Capitalizm will die, and it will die for real, at least as far as the PC OS is
concerned.

Now, amongst Linux and FREEBSD and whoever else, well, nobody knows...
They all have very GOOD OS systems.

Linux is just the largest at the moment of the free ones.

But yes, you may say goodbye to commerically run OS system forever.
That IS TRUELY COMMING and it's COMMING much quicker than anybody
ever aticipated.

So you better be mentally prepared for this.

In a way, my little story seems insaine. But is it really as insaine as
reality?

Charlie

jb...@transarc.com

Mar 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/11/99
Charlie Ebert wrote:

[deleted]

> Okay,
>
> I'll answer that question Sir,
> Bill Gates dropped out of his Joint Venture with IBM known as OS/2.
> Thus, Bill Killed IBM. And there you have it.
>
> The first time Bill Killed IBM was when he pulled the rug out from under IBM's
>
> feet by creating Microsoft and undermining MS-dos.
>
> And that's why IBM takes the place of Poland on this scene.

Interesting but I was referring to markets other than for an OS like
transaction processing. IBM is not dead (except in that limited sense that
describes desktop competition between os/2 and NT which is by now
uninteresting except perhaps as an historical matter).

The ww2 analogy is weak anyway in my opinion.

jam...@nospam.bt.com

Mar 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/11/99
> Heh...

Much as I'd wish otherwise, I don't think it is the end of commercial OSs..
After all, Linux is now a commercial OS...
It may be a huge dent in the Proprietary and closed OSs, and force a revamp of
the methods they use (i.e. force the proprietary systems to actually develop,
produce stable code, and actually give value for money)..
Commercial is here to stay, until we find a better system than using money.
There's no such thing as a free lunch. Maybe a damn cheap lunch, but not quite
free..
The Open ethic is definately the way forward, in many ways, and I welcome it
wholeheartedly... It's just not going to 'end' all previous ways of doing
things.. As is the nature of society, this way will slowly be adopted into the
way of mass thinking, adapting the previous methods...
Maybe Linux isn't the be all and end all of OSs, but it's a damn good step
forward.. And the greatest of achievements are made in a series of steps, each
of which are essentials...

Rich

jam...@nospam.bt.com

Mar 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/11/99
> Seems to me the U.S.Government doesn't need an imaginary part in
> this make-believe story.
> They are TRUELY doing what the U.S.Government does best.
> HINT HINT...
> Read the papers....

That wouldn't be the reference to Winston Churchill's cigar now would it??

jedi

Mar 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/11/99
On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:09:01 +0000, jam...@nospam.bt.com <jam...@nospam.bt.com> wrote:
>> Heh...
>
>Much as I'd wish otherwise, I don't think it is the end of commercial OSs..
>After all, Linux is now a commercial OS...
>It may be a huge dent in the Proprietary and closed OSs, and force a revamp of

It is better to think of L/GPL and such as an IP abuse correction.
By this time, some of the older OS and applciation technology
should have made it's way into the public domain making cloning of
those 'simple' and 'old' technologies legal, easy & cheap driving
prices of the 'older originals' down or at least giving people
viable alternatives.

A software company shouldn't be able to be in a position to
virtually force everyone to keep on buying what is essentially
the same product every year.

>the methods they use (i.e. force the proprietary systems to actually develop,
>produce stable code, and actually give value for money)..
>Commercial is here to stay, until we find a better system than using money.
>There's no such thing as a free lunch. Maybe a damn cheap lunch, but not quite
>free..
>The Open ethic is definately the way forward, in many ways, and I welcome it
>wholeheartedly... It's just not going to 'end' all previous ways of doing
>things.. As is the nature of society, this way will slowly be adopted into the
>way of mass thinking, adapting the previous methods...
>Maybe Linux isn't the be all and end all of OSs, but it's a damn good step
>forward.. And the greatest of achievements are made in a series of steps, each
>of which are essentials...

The forces of genuine anarchy (as opposed to the order
imposed by corporations that strangely resemble governments
and barons) of capitalism are starting a backlash against
the stifling influence of having something as fundemental as
an Otto cycle engine under the control of a single selfish
entity.

With the staples covered by open source and perhaps no longer
profitable, perhaps those giants will get back to genuine
invention instead of merely re-packaging last years word
processor.

--
Herding Humans ~ Herding Cats

Neither will do a thing unless they really want to, or |||
is coerced to the point where it will scratch your eyes out / | \
as soon as your grip slips.

In search of sane PPP docs? Try http://penguin.lvcm.com

Darren Winsper

Mar 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/11/99
Charlie Ebert wrote:
> I will answer this question Sir,
>
> Seems to me the U.S.Government doesn't need an imaginary part in
> this make-believe story.
> They are TRUELY doing what the U.S.Government does best.
> HINT HINT...
> Read the papers....

Hmm...So that's friendly fire (ala Gulf War) and intelligence leaks (ala
the USA's presence in Egypt before they got involved in WW2).

> Anyway, HI, That was funny to me anyway. HI..

And the UK?

Joseph T. Adams

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99

I find these allusions to Hitler, the Nazi "empire," Final Solution,
etc., rather disturbing.

Gates may be a monster, but his crimes don't yet even begin to rise to
the level of Hitler's, and to equate them is to trivialize the
suffering of tens of millions of innocent Jewish people, and their
families, as well as hundreds of millions who died to stop Hitler and
his allies.

I won't deny that there are parallels between the two men's
personalities, ambitions, goals, paranoia, raw thirst for power, etc.;
indeed, I fear these are traits that are shared to some extent by us
all, and especially those of us who are motivated to lead.

But Gates can't do much more damage even if he wants to, while people
are still dying today because of the legacy of hate that Hitler
"inspired." Racist police officers beat, rape, and murder Black men
(and others) in every large city in the U.S., many of them motivated
by the same kind of thinking we saw in Germany during the years of its
decline. White supremacists, while far less numerous than the police,
also commit heinous crimes against people of Black, Jewish, and other
ancestries; many of them are explicitly motivated by Nazi or neo-Nazi
ideologies. Canada, France, Germany, and South Africa, among many
other places, have reported alarming rises in hate crimes of one sort
or another, so this is not a problem confined to the U.S. with its
ongoing history of racial discrimination and violence. It can happen
anywhere, if it is allowed to.

In a century in which we've had murderous thugs at the head of nearly
every powerful nation in the world - names like Mao, and Stalin, and
Mussolini, and Pol Pot, and Amin (and we in the U.S. have had
several) - Hitler is singled out as the man whose very name has
personified gratuitous hatred and evil since before most of us were
born.

Gates is a creep, but he is no Hitler. His quest to eliminate all
competition is frightening, and would be more so if it had any chance
of succeeding, but it is no Final Solution. Most of the direct
victims of Gates' crimes have been entrepreneurs, who lost their
money, but nonetheless were not tortured, worked to death, gassed
to death, or carved up while their families were forced to watch in
horror. Hitler's victims were not so fortunate.

Before you make or continue analogies such as this one, please stop to
consider how you might feel about them if someone you loved were a
survivor, or, worse, a casualty, of the Nazi Holocaust.

Joe