What is this group about ?

savid...@googlemail.com

Jan 19, 2009, 5:23:20 AM1/19/09
Is it about Linux or Microsoft ?
Is about seeing how abusive you can get to other members ?
If it's about advocating Linux then who are you advocating it to ?
How many people who do not post to this group do you think read it ?
Does it really serve any purpose ?

The Lost Packet

Jan 19, 2009, 7:00:43 AM1/19/09
savid...@googlemail.com wrote:
<snip irrelevant ramblings>

Do you actually have anything constructive to add to any discussion?

--
TLP

- The following signature is encoded double-ROT-47. Unauthorised
duplication and/or decryption is a violation of the Digital Millennium
Copyright Act.

- Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door
went nuts.

- No, I will not fix your computer.

- Thought: It must be a bitch to write your name in the snow in Arabic...

- Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

- Rice: 1.4 billion Chinese can't all be wrong.

- I'm dreaming of a better world where chickens can cross the road and
not have their motives questioned!

- If you can make a cheesecake you can install a Linux driver from source.

- Don't listen to the do-gooders, condoms are useless. They split,
they leak and they burst. And the human stomach can't handle the impact
of two kilos of cocaine.

- Users who XNA their posts are admitting that their ramblings aren't
worth reading.

- (on Windows) You know why "last known good configuration" almost
never works? Because the last known good configuration was a blank disk.
- Sinister Midget, c.o.l.a. 15 Jan 2009

- Here's to our wives and sweethearts; may they never meet.

*#* Signoff: labo-rat (find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;)

Terry Porter

Jan 19, 2009, 7:05:50 AM1/19/09
savid...@googlemail.com wrote:

> Is it about Linux or Microsoft ?

The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:

For discussion of the benefits of GNU/Linux compared to other
operating systems.

And that includes Microsoft OSes.

> Is about seeing how abusive you can get to other members ?

Ask the wintrolls here.

> If it's about advocating Linux then who are you advocating it to ?

See above.

> How many people who do not post to this group do you think read it ?

I estimate several hundred, minimum.

> Does it really serve any purpose ?

See above.

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 19, 2009, 7:13:36 AM1/19/09

ml2mst

Jan 19, 2009, 7:34:55 AM1/19/09
Terry Porter wrote:
> savid...@googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> Is it about Linux or Microsoft ?
>
> The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
>
> For discussion of the benefits of GNU/Linux compared to other
> operating systems.
>
> And that includes Microsoft OSes.
>

>> Is about seeing how abusive you can get to other members ?
>
> Ask the wintrolls here.
>
>> If it's about advocating Linux then who are you advocating it to ?
>
> See above.
>
>> How many people who do not post to this group do you think read it ?
>
> I estimate several hundred, minimum.
>
>> Does it really serve any purpose ?
>
> See above.

Flatfish gives himself away so easy. This is defiantly the same poster
as "Ryan Mc Coskrie", who's gonna' write a k^Hb00k about GNU/Linux, with
a KUbutu study case for academics :-D

Cheers

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
|0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

Terry Porter

Jan 19, 2009, 8:04:35 AM1/19/09
ml2mst wrote:

> Terry Porter wrote:
>> savid...@googlemail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Is it about Linux or Microsoft ?
>>
>> The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
>>
>> For discussion of the benefits of GNU/Linux compared to other
>> operating systems.

<snip>

> Flatfish gives himself away so easy. This is defiantly the same poster
> as "Ryan Mc Coskrie", who's gonna' write a k^Hb00k about GNU/Linux, with
> a KUbutu study case for academics :-D

Yeah I know, I just like to irritate him :)

> Cheers

Chris Ahlstrom

Jan 19, 2009, 8:18:02 AM1/19/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, savid...@googlemail.com belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

Good questions. Happy to have you here. Now start contributing.

--
The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up
in the morning, and does not stop until you get to school.

Ezekiel

Jan 19, 2009, 8:23:27 AM1/19/09

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message

> ____/ The Lost Packet on Monday 19 January 2009 12:00 : \____
>
>> savid...@googlemail.com wrote:
>> <snip irrelevant ramblings>
>>
>> Do you actually have anything constructive to add to any discussion?
>
> I smell fish, but I'm not cooking any at the moment...

Then maybe you should quit spamming for a few minutes and take your weekly
shower.

KUTLOZE SCHEEFGEPOEPTE

Jan 19, 2009, 8:55:32 AM1/19/09
<savid...@googlemail.com> schreef in bericht

Your so right!
Description of comp.os.linux.advocacy (C.O.L.A.), it serves no useful
purpose.
* The purpose of comp.os.linux.advocacy is to serve as a
forum for windows bashers and unrelated topics.
* comp.os.linux.advocacy is not a support group. Support
questions are off-topic. comp.os.linux.advocacy is a
troll group.
* Cola loons** ensure that their posts are littered with lots of swear
words.
** meet the Cola loons: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

ml2mst

Jan 19, 2009, 9:57:26 AM1/19/09
Terry Porter wrote:
> ml2mst wrote:
>
>> Terry Porter wrote:

>>> The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
>>>
>>> For discussion of the benefits of GNU/Linux compared to other
>>> operating systems.
> <snip>
>>
>> Flatfish gives himself away so easy. This is defiantly the same poster
>> as "Ryan Mc Coskrie", who's gonna' write a k^Hb00k about GNU/Linux, with
>> a KUbutu study case for academics :-D
>
> Yeah I know, I just like to irritate him :)

Ah yeah, free entertainment hmmmm?

You cheap Linux lobster <grin>

High Plains Thumper

Jan 19, 2009, 10:29:50 AM1/19/09
Ezekiel wrote:
> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote...
>> The Lost Packet on Monday:

>>> savid...@googlemail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip irrelevant ramblings>
>>>
>>> Do you actually have anything constructive to add to any
>>> discussion?
>>
>> I smell fish, but I'm not cooking any at the moment...
>
> Then maybe you should quit spamming for a few minutes and take
> your weekly shower.

Do you actually have anything constructive to add to any discussion?

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati

Hadron

Jan 19, 2009, 10:37:41 AM1/19/09
ml2mst <ml2mst...@CAPSgmail.com> writes:

> Terry Porter wrote:
>> ml2mst wrote:

>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Flatfish gives himself away so easy. This is defiantly the same poster
>>> as "Ryan Mc Coskrie", who's gonna' write a k^Hb00k about GNU/Linux, with
>>> a KUbutu study case for academics :-D
>>
>> Yeah I know, I just like to irritate him :)
>
> Ah yeah, free entertainment hmmmm?
>
> You cheap Linux lobster <grin>
>

>>> Cheers

Creepy. It's like a more girly Liarmutt.

ray

Jan 19, 2009, 10:47:19 AM1/19/09

Sure - without it the trolls would be totally lost!

Clogwog

Jan 19, 2009, 11:03:55 AM1/19/09
"ml2mst" <ml2mst...@CAPSgmail.com> schreef in bericht

> Terry Porter wrote:
>> ml2mst wrote:

>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Flatfish gives himself away so easy. This is defiantly the same poster
>>> as "Ryan Mc Coskrie", who's gonna' write a k^Hb00k about GNU/Linux, with
>>> a KUbutu study case for academics :-D
>>
>> Yeah I know, I just like to irritate him :)
>
> Ah yeah, free entertainment hmmmm?
>
> You cheap Linux lobster <grin>
>

>>> Cheers
:)
:-D
hmmmm?
<grin>
lol !, your such a girlish twat!

Ezekiel

Jan 19, 2009, 11:19:25 AM1/19/09

"High Plains Thumper" <highplai...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> Ezekiel wrote:
>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote...
>>> The Lost Packet on Monday:

>>> I smell fish, but I'm not cooking any at the moment...
>>
>> Then maybe you should quit spamming for a few minutes and take
>> your weekly shower.
>

> Do you actually have anything constructive to add to any discussion?

Do you mean like this Rafael?

This is an example of:

[quote]
7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics [continued]

[6.] When your tactics are turned on you, call you opponents
trolls. Do not accept the fact that by calling someone using
your tactics a troll that makes you the real troll.
[/quote]

[quote]
7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics [continued]

12. Blame your stupidity and lies on your opponent. Blame
your own stupidity on the Linux advocate you are dealing with.
Such as when you have made an unsupportable claim that suggest a
list of details and your are asked to present your non-existent
list reply with, "I don't have to list them for you; you aren't
bright enough to know what you're missing by using X instead of a
real Y, I'm not going to explain it to you." Then hope that
nobody reading the thread realizes that your statement translates
as, "I lack the knowledge or facts needed to counter your
position or your position is too complete and accurate to be
refuted. So, I will say things to sound superior to avoid
admitting you are right."
[/quote]

High Plains Thumper

Jan 19, 2009, 10:38:52 PM1/19/09
Ezekiel wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote...

>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote...

>>> Then maybe you should quit spamming for a few minutes and
>>> take your weekly shower.

This is an example of an ad hominem attack.

>> Do you actually have anything constructive to add to any
>> discussion?

[snip useless Wintroll rant]

Typical of this Wintroll, for example the following ad hominem:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ec9d50db74cf994b

From: "Ezekiel" <Z...@z.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:41:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Bill Gates Knowingly Breaks the Law?

[quote]
> This was never posted in COLA, but someone has just found
> it...
>
> [..] From: Bill Gates Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 1997 [..]
>
> In one piece of mail people were suggesting that Office had to
> work equally well with all browsers and that we shouldn't
> force Office users to use our browser. This Is wrong and I
> wanted to correct this.
>
> Another suggestion In this mail was that we can't make our own
> unilateral extensions to HTML I was going to say this was
> wrong and correct this also.

I'm sure you can cite the exact law that was broken. Surely there
was a law in Jan-1997 that specifically mandates what software
needs to work with which browsers.

Run along idiot. Once again you prove that you have no clue.
[/quote]

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f0331561c65b5f5a

From: "Ezekiel" <z...@nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:20:55 -0500
Subject: Re: comes: ship Excel simultaneously with Windows 3.0 ..

[quote]
> And give them an unfair advantage over anyone else thinking of
> entering *their* channel ...

What unfair advantage retard? There were 100's of products that
were shipped at the same time as a major new release of Windows.
[/quote]

Rather sad that this Wintroll cannot respect the person, but must
attack the poster with insults such as "idiot", "retard", "you
have no clue", "take your weekly shower", etc.

These are examples of:

http://www.webservertalk.com/message1474739.html

[quote]
Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll

If anyone does anything which will interfere with the troll's
ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty, posting from
obviously incorrect variations of the name etc. insults, call
them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals.

Subject: 4.11 They read newsgroups

That they read newsgroups is on the face of it obvious. They are
thus privy to any discussions about countermeasures. It is clear
that they adjust what they do to reduce the effect of
countermeasures, and further their general aims.
[/quote]

Ryan McCoskrie

Jan 20, 2009, 1:06:28 AM1/20/09
> Flatfish gives himself away so easy. This is defiantly the same poster
> as "Ryan Mc Coskrie", who's gonna' write a k^Hb00k about GNU/Linux, with
> a KUbutu study case for academics :-D

For crying out load!!! I'm real, okay!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonverbal_learning_disorder
should give you some concept of why I phrase things
so oddly.

For those aren't following the link, I have a problem
called 'Non-verbal Learning disorder' a name that
fails to explain the LD its self.

Essentially I run entirely on the language regions of
the brain without much knowledge of how those with
more balanced psyches communicate.
--
All the simple programs have been written.

Homer

Jan 20, 2009, 3:45:24 AM1/20/09
Verily I say unto thee, that Ryan McCoskrie spake thusly:

> Essentially I run entirely on the language regions of
> the brain without much knowledge of how those with
> more balanced psyches communicate.

You should file a Bugzilla report.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
| is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
| Pitt the Younger
`----

08:44:56 up 75 days, 16:27, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.01

DFS

Jan 20, 2009, 8:06:34 AM1/20/09
Homer wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Ryan McCoskrie spake thusly:
>
>> Essentially I run entirely on the language regions of
>> the brain without much knowledge of how those with
>> more balanced psyches communicate.
>
> You should file a Bugzilla report.

ha!