[News] [Rival] Bill Gates Drops Microsoft Shares, Microsoft Criminal/Exec Speaks Out

Roy Schestowitz

Jul 27, 2007, 10:11:24 AM7/27/07
Microsoft's Bill Gates Sells Shares

,----[ Quote ]
| The co-founder and chairman of the world's largest software maker, Microsoft
| Corp., sold 2 million shares of common stock, according to a document filed
| with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070726/microsoft_chairman_insider_transaction.html?.v=1

Microsoft FAM: Robbie Bach On Xbox And More

,----[ Quote ]
| Next at Microsoft’s Financial Analysts Meeting, comes Robbie Bach,
| President of the Entertainment and Devices Division.
`----

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2007/07/26/microsoft-fam-robbie-bach-on-xbox-and-more/?mod=yahoobarrons

The man is a criminal in a suit. His division lost billions. He recently stole
money from Microsoft investors. That is a crime, but America does not mind. It
is too busy making money.

Related:

Insider Trading Hasn't Affect Microsoft Stock - Yet

,----[ Quote ]
| MarketWatch.com reports that Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's
| Entertainment and Devices division, sold $6.2 million of Microsoft
| stock just prior to announcing that Microsoft was going to have to
| extend XBox 360 warranties to three years because of extensive
| failures. The filings note that this was not part of any
| scheduled diversification or selling program; this was a
| conscious, unscheduled sale by the guy in charge of releasing
| news that could affect the value of Microsoft stock.
|
| [...]
|
| Insider trading is a very serious violation of the law; just
| ask Martha Stewart, who served five months in prison for
| avoiding losses of $43,000 through trades that just had suspicious
| timing (no insider trading was actually proven). This is $6.3
| million that went straight into Robbie Bach's pocket.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070713/40947_id.html?.v=1

Microsoft's past stock options practice poses questions

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6084617.html

,----[ Quote ]
| My background is finance and accounting....
|
| However, the Gates Buffet foundation grant is nothing more than a shell
| game in which control of assets for both Gates and Buffet remain the same.
|
| THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE ACCUMULATION OF WEALTH BY THESE TWO WILL BE
| MUCH MORE MASSIVE BECAUSE THEY WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY ANY TAXES.
`----

http://www.mail-archive.com/futurew...@fes.uwaterloo.ca/msg03323.html

Bill Gates Sells Some Microsoft Shares

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates sold 3,995,300 shares of
| common stock, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070508/microsoft_insider_sales.html?.v=1

Gates sells more Microsoft stock, filings show

,----[ Quote ]
| Bill Gates, chairman and co-founder of Microsoft Corp., sold 4 million
| shares of the software giant's stock over the last three days of
| February, bringing his total sales for the month to 20 million,
| according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/filings-show-gates-sold-20/story.aspx?guid=%7B49EF9F15%2D1156%2D44BC%2DA94B%2D6C851DD00B63%7D&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

Anonymous sent me this

,----[ Quote ]

`----

,----[ Quote ]
| "There can be no more eloquent statement that Microsoft is growing
| irrelevant than Bill Gates' announcement on 15 June 2006 that he is
| stepping down from daily operations. Ray Ozzie has already taken over
| as Chief Software Architect.
|
| "One of the most eloquent dispositions on how badly things have gone
| wrong within Microsoft was by a Windows group insider (3). It
| describes the state of paralysis within the company caused by the
| horrifying complexity of monolithic integration, and persistent denial
| of reality by Microsoft's development management."
|
| "So what did Bill Gates see?"
`----

http://aaxnet.com/editor/edit040.html

Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| "I must tell you everything in my soul tells me that we should do
| what I called plan (b) yesterday. We need a simple fast storage
| system. LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this
| problem. If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux and Apple, we
|                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| need to start taking the lessons of 'scenario, simple, fast' to
| heart. Jim"
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/allchins_buy_a_mac_email_exposed.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6

Microsoft profit on slide

,----[ Quote ]
| Some analysts are looking for any signs of improvement from
| Microsoft's internet division, which continues to lose market
| share in web search to Google.
|
| Microsoft's online services group saw revenue fall for the last
| four quarters and posted a loss in the past three quarters while
| it shifted to a new internet advertising platform and overhauled
| the company's web properties.
`----

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,21109542%5E15306%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html

Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gatesx07jan07,0,6827615.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Politics and tech companies: follow the money

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft took first place with $651,100 given out, while
| Hewlett-Packard gave only $185,550, and Gateway gave a paltry
| $2,000. Microsoft's donations certainly illustrate well the true
| size of the company and the extent of its political concerns.
|
| [...]
|
| For instance, Microsoft's PAC spent $1.7 million in the 2006 election
| cycle, but only a third of this went to federal candidates. What
| happened to the rest? It went to local campaigns, paid out a few
| thousand dollars at a time to groups like "Boal for Iowa House" in
| Ankeny, IA. It also funded other PACs like the "Associated Republicans
| of Texas" and the "Blue Dog Political Action Committee." No race is
| apparently too small to be funded; even Indiana State Representative
| Terri Austin of Anderson, IN got $500.
| Lobbyists
|
| But the real money isn't even given to the candidates directly. It
| goes to lobbyists, which can be safer investments since they stand no
| chance of losing at the polls. The complete-year figures from 2005
| show that Microsoft spent $8.7 million on lobbyist expenses. Almost
| a million dollars of that money went to Covington & Burling, a
| lobbying firm that also represents the National Football League and
| the Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America. Microsoft's
| total spending on lobbying has risen substantially from the $4
| million it spent in 1998.
|
| [...]
|
| Where does it come from?
|
| Although some of this money comes from large employee donations,
| most of it does not. Take Microsoft, for instance; the Center for
| Responsive Politics says that the company received only $302,599
| from individual donors who gave more than $200 in this election
| cycle, only a small fraction of the $1.7 million actually spent.
| As is typical, much of this money came from the company's top
| brass, while the rest was made up of small contributions.
|
| The maximum individual contribution to a PAC is $5,000 a year.
| Melinda, whose occupation is listed in Federal Election Commission
| records as "homemaker," regularly contributes this amount, as does
| Bill. Steve Ballmer coughed up, too. Microsoft can use general
| company funds to support the PAC and its operations, but cannot
| give directly to candidates.
`----

John Locke

Jul 27, 2007, 10:55:47 AM7/27/07
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:11:24 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com>
wrote:

>Microsoft's Bill Gates Sells Shares
>

>| The co-founder and chairman of the world's largest software maker, Microsoft

>| Corp., sold 2 million shares of common stock, according to a document filed
>| with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Do you think he had any inside information ? He'd better watch out. In this
country its a crime somtimes to sell your own stock.

nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu

Jul 27, 2007, 12:18:17 PM7/27/07
Microsoft stock hasn't done all that well for the last 5 years, and
most of the trends for the future don't look that good. A year ago a
bright spot was the prospect of revenue from Vista, but the release
has been so badly botched that there must be disappointment there,
too. Google, Apple, Linux, they're all looming as big threats, and
getting bigger all the time. Under the circumstances, I'd sell my
Microsoft stock, too.

Roy Schestowitz

Jul 27, 2007, 12:25:11 PM7/27/07
____/ John Locke on Friday 27 July 2007 15:55 : \____

Watch the links in the OP. He knows what's happening. He retires to
play 'politics' --- his last resort.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
17:20:07 up 40 days, 22:48, 5 users, load average: 2.28, 1.00, 1.54

Linonut

Jul 27, 2007, 1:56:52 PM7/27/07

> Microsoft's Bill Gates Sells Shares
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The co-founder and chairman of the world's largest software maker, Microsoft
> | Corp., sold 2 million shares of common stock, according to a document filed
> | with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070726/microsoft_chairman_insider_transaction.html?.v=1

Time to varnish the bowling alley?

Or maybe put a new filtration system in the pool?

Buy a congressman?

--
Tux rox!

waterskidoo

Jul 27, 2007, 3:06:37 PM7/27/07
On 2007-07-27, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> Microsoft's Bill Gates Sells Shares
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The co-founder and chairman of the world's largest software maker, Microsoft
>| Corp., sold 2 million shares of common stock, according to a document filed
>| with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
> `----

That alone should be a clue to the real state of Microsoft's long term
prospects.
I'm not a conspiracy theory person not do I think Microsoft is going
to disappear anytime soon however they are going to have to re-group
and fix the problems they have made for themselves.
They can start with Vista.

Darth Chaos

Jul 27, 2007, 5:02:01 PM7/27/07
On Jul 27, 9:11 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com>
wrote:

> Microsoft's Bill Gates Sells Shares
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The co-founder and chairman of the world's largest software maker, Microsoft
> | Corp., sold 2 million shares of common stock, according to a document filed
> | with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070726/microsoft_chairman_insider_transaction...

Insider trading. Please let it be insider trading so M$ can go the way
of Enron.

DFS

Jul 28, 2007, 12:26:16 AM7/28/07
waterskidoo wrote:
> On 2007-07-27, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> Microsoft's Bill Gates Sells Shares
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> The co-founder and chairman of the world's largest software maker,
>>> Microsoft Corp., sold 2 million shares of common stock, according
>>> to a document filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
>> `----
>
> That alone should be a clue to the real state of Microsoft's long term
> prospects.

It didn't take you long at all to become the first female cola idiot.
Congrats! You're in the illustrious company of bozos like John Bailo, 7,
flyer, AB, Roy [H]omer Kent, and John Locke.

While you're patting yourself on the back, look into what percent of his
holdings 2 million shares represents. Then look into his MSFT transaction
history. Then look at published statements he's made about divesting his
wealth.

waterskidoo

Jul 27, 2007, 11:42:21 PM7/27/07
On 2007-07-28, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:

> It didn't take you long at all to become the first female cola idiot.
> Congrats! You're in the illustrious company of bozos like John Bailo, 7,
> flyer, AB, Roy [H]omer Kent, and John Locke.

Does that bother you?

> While you're patting yourself on the back, look into what percent of his
> holdings 2 million shares represents. Then look into his MSFT transaction
> history. Then look at published statements he's made about divesting his
> wealth.

The same could be said of Enron, before it collapsed.
The same could be said of MCI, before it collapsed.
The same could be said of the executives of Pan American Airlines
before they collapsed.
The same could be said of Gerstner who sold a ton of shares right
before IBM announeced less than Wall Streets projected profits.
See a pattern here?
In case you don't, many people got rich on the above companies.
They were all publicly traded and under extreme scrutiny by
the SEC and so forth.
Still, there was all kinds of hi-jinks going on behind the
glass wall and when the wall finally collapsed, it was
average Joe holding the bag which should have been full
with money to pay for his kids college, his retirement etc.
IOW you put too much faith in the people policing the system.

DFS

Jul 28, 2007, 1:10:31 AM7/28/07
waterskidoo wrote:
> On 2007-07-28, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
>
>> It didn't take you long at all to become the first female cola idiot.
>> Congrats! You're in the illustrious company of bozos like John
>> Bailo, 7, flyer, AB, Roy [H]omer Kent, and John Locke.
>
> Does that bother you?

I think it's pathetic, actually. Many in that list are children in adult
bodies, bleating about the imaginary MS monster in the closet.

>> While you're patting yourself on the back, look into what percent of
>> his holdings 2 million shares represents. Then look into his MSFT
>> transaction history. Then look at published statements he's made
>> about divesting his wealth.
>
> The same could be said of Enron, before it collapsed.

Show us.

> The same could be said of MCI, before it collapsed.

Show us.

> The same could be said of the executives of Pan American Airlines
> before they collapsed.

Show us.

> The same could be said of Gerstner who sold a ton of shares right
> before IBM announeced less than Wall Streets projected profits.

Show us.

> See a pattern here?

Yes I do. You persist in uninformed idiocy, and in parroting the "MS is the
next Enron!" stupidity only Linux "advocates" dream about.

waterskidoo

Jul 28, 2007, 1:00:07 AM7/28/07
On 2007-07-28, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:

> I think it's pathetic, actually. Many in that list are children in adult
> bodies, bleating about the imaginary MS monster in the closet.

I read their posts and comment.
Do you know something I don't?

>> The same could be said of Enron, before it collapsed.
> Show us.

Google Enron.
Why do you think it failed?

>> The same could be said of MCI, before it collapsed.
> Show us.

See above

>> The same could be said of the executives of Pan American Airlines
>> before they collapsed.
> Show us.

See above

>> The same could be said of Gerstner who sold a ton of shares right
>> before IBM announeced less than Wall Streets projected profits.
> Show us.

See above.

>> See a pattern here?
>
> Yes I do. You persist in uninformed idiocy, and in parroting the "MS is the
> next Enron!" stupidity only Linux "advocates" dream about.

Wrong.
What I am saying is that you have to look at a company, it;s executives and
study their moves to see where the company is going.
When high ranking executives in a particular company start selling
their shares, I am interested.
To answer your question, I don't believe MS is the next Enron, not
by a long shot.
However, I do believe MS is in trouble because they seem to be
doing everything wrong these days and the average consumer
is a lot smarter than in the past.
It's not inconceivable to see MS as the next Enron, in the
future.

John Locke

Jul 28, 2007, 2:09:02 AM7/28/07
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 05:00:07 +0000, waterskidoo wrote:

> On 2007-07-28, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
>
>> I think it's pathetic, actually. Many in that list are children in
>> adult bodies, bleating about the imaginary MS monster in the closet.

I didn't think you could hear the bleating way down there
in your mother's basement.

There's nothing imaginary about Microsoft and their unethical practices.
You'd best beware the devil and his bag of ticks.

Tim Smith

Jul 28, 2007, 2:12:40 AM7/28/07
In article <f8dfnt$s6t$3...@registered.motzarella.org>,

waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 2007-07-27, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> > Microsoft's Bill Gates Sells Shares
> >
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> >| The co-founder and chairman of the world's largest software maker,
> >| Microsoft
> >| Corp., sold 2 million shares of common stock, according to a document
> >| filed
> >| with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
> > `----
>
> That alone should be a clue to the real state of Microsoft's long term
> prospects.

Except Gates has been making sales like this regularly for many many
years, to diversify his portfolio and to fund his foundation. All you
can really learn from this is that Roy likes to use misleading subject
lines on his posts.

--
--Tim Smith

an...@anon.com

Jul 28, 2007, 2:41:58 AM7/28/07
John Locke <john...@comcast.net> says:
>On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 05:00:07 +0000, waterskidoo wrote:
>> On 2007-07-28, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:

>>> I think it's pathetic, actually. Many in that list are children
>>> in adult bodies, bleating about the imaginary MS monster in the
>>> closet.

>I didn't think you could hear the bleating way down there in your
>mother's basement.

Ah, the "mother's basement" cliche. That was laughed out of
existence at least seven or eight years ago.

If your only contribution to this ng is to insult people who
disagree with you, please try to make the insults interesting. Use
your imagination. Calling yourself John Locke shows us that you
most certainly do have an imagination, and a rather ironic one at
that. The scary thing about it all is that the real John Locke
could probably give you lessons in computing.

You see? That insult showed some imagination.

In any case, you are going into our killfile for 28 days. After you
come out, if you are still boring, you will be placed in the
community killfile so that others can be spared so-called "humour"
that they have read hundreds of times before.

cordially, as always,

rm

graeme

Jul 28, 2007, 3:45:13 AM7/28/07
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 03:42:21 +0000, waterskidoo wrote:
(snips)

> The same could be said of Enron, before it collapsed. The same could be
> said of MCI, before it collapsed. The same could be said of the
> executives of Pan American Airlines before they collapsed.

Unfortunately I don't think so. Microsoft is cash rich. Their margins
on Windows and especially Office are exorbitant. Even losing a billion
more (than the 5 already) on 360s is no problem. With customer lock-in
they'll stay a cash cow for ages.

DFS

Jul 28, 2007, 7:58:31 AM7/28/07

Signed,
A Windows Devotee Forever (Wouldn't Run My Business On Anything Else)

Hadron

Jul 28, 2007, 7:52:51 AM7/28/07
waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:

> On 2007-07-28, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
>
>> It didn't take you long at all to become the first female cola idiot.
>> Congrats! You're in the illustrious company of bozos like John Bailo, 7,
>> flyer, AB, Roy [H]omer Kent, and John Locke.
>
> Does that bother you?

It should bother you. These people are seriously deranged.

>> While you're patting yourself on the back, look into what percent of his
>> holdings 2 million shares represents. Then look into his MSFT transaction
>> history. Then look at published statements he's made about divesting his
>> wealth.
>
> The same could be said of Enron, before it collapsed.

No it couldn't.

> The same could be said of MCI, before it collapsed.

No it couldn't.

> The same could be said of the executives of Pan American Airlines
> before they collapsed.

No it couldn't.

> The same could be said of Gerstner who sold a ton of shares right

No it couldn't.

> before IBM announeced less than Wall Streets projected profits.
> See a pattern here?

Yes. You're making things up. I had thought more of you.

> In case you don't, many people got rich on the above companies.
> They were all publicly traded and under extreme scrutiny by
> the SEC and so forth.
> Still, there was all kinds of hi-jinks going on behind the
> glass wall and when the wall finally collapsed, it was
> average Joe holding the bag which should have been full
> with money to pay for his kids college, his retirement etc.
> IOW you put too much faith in the people policing the system.

Would you stand up in court and argue that with MS lawyers?

Are you openly accusing MS of manipulating their figures? Did you read
the facts Tim asked you to look up with regard to Gates selling his
shares?

Are you of the opinion that Gates is giving Billions away to help
underprivileged Children only for "Tax Reasons"?

Hadron

Jul 28, 2007, 7:54:35 AM7/28/07
John Locke <john...@comcast.net> writes:

Ironic coming from a man whose business embraces all MS Operating
Systems.

You really think MS is the devil?

Another guy that has been infected by COLA zeal.

Shame. Like waterskidoo, I had had higher hopes for you. Thought you
could be a real advocate and not just a loony MS hater.

Rick

Jul 28, 2007, 8:15:20 AM7/28/07

.. so it OK with you that Microsoft has used illegal means to try to
maintain it's monopoly?

--
Rick

waterskidoo

Jul 28, 2007, 11:27:22 AM7/28/07
On 2007-07-28, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

> Except Gates has been making sales like this regularly for many many
> years, to diversify his portfolio and to fund his foundation. All you
> can really learn from this is that Roy likes to use misleading subject
> lines on his posts.

And as it should be. After all it is his stock and he should be able
to sell it when he sees fit. However I tend to take notice when
I see a pattern arising and while most times it's nothing to be
concerned with, that doesn't mean it's innocuous.
My only complaint with Microsoft is their business practices
and that's it. I use their products, I like most of them but
I see a Microsoft that is in trouble in the long term because
they seem to have lost their vision.
Vista is the last straw and many people as well as hardware
providers seem to agree.

waterskidoo

Jul 28, 2007, 11:31:25 AM7/28/07
On 2007-07-28, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> In case you don't, many people got rich on the above companies.
>> They were all publicly traded and under extreme scrutiny by
>> the SEC and so forth.
>> Still, there was all kinds of hi-jinks going on behind the
>> glass wall and when the wall finally collapsed, it was
>> average Joe holding the bag which should have been full
>> with money to pay for his kids college, his retirement etc.
>> IOW you put too much faith in the people policing the system.
>>

> Would you stand up in court and argue that with MS lawyers?

No, because it hasn't happened yet.
That doesn't mean it can't happen and if you don't believe that
there are manipulations, even at a small level over lunch for example
going on in most corporations, you are naive.
The rich get richer and the middle class gets left holding the bag.

> Are you openly accusing MS of manipulating their figures? Did you read
> the facts Tim asked you to look up with regard to Gates selling his
> shares?

I'm not accusing them of anything, I'm just saying to keep an
eyeball on them.

> Are you of the opinion that Gates is giving Billions away to help
> underprivileged Children only for "Tax Reasons"?

Not at all, I admire Bill Gates and Melinda giving away money
to good causes.

Hadron

Jul 28, 2007, 11:34:23 AM7/28/07
waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:

> On 2007-07-28, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
>

>> Except Gates has been making sales like this regularly for many many
>> years, to diversify his portfolio and to fund his foundation. All you
>> can really learn from this is that Roy likes to use misleading subject
>> lines on his posts.
>
> And as it should be. After all it is his stock and he should be able
> to sell it when he sees fit. However I tend to take notice when
> I see a pattern arising and while most times it's nothing to be
> concerned with, that doesn't mean it's innocuous.

What "pattern" are you noticing?

> My only complaint with Microsoft is their business practices
> and that's it. I use their products, I like most of them but

What practices in particular give YOU cause for concern?

> I see a Microsoft that is in trouble in the long term because
> they seem to have lost their vision.

They have? Examples of then and now please.

> Vista is the last straw and many people as well as hardware
> providers seem to agree.

Except they don't outside of COLA.

John Locke

Jul 28, 2007, 11:42:34 AM7/28/07
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:54:35 +0200, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>John Locke <john...@comcast.net> writes:

>> I didn't think you could hear the bleating way down there
>> in your mother's basement.
>>
>> There's nothing imaginary about Microsoft and their unethical practices.
>> You'd best beware the devil and his bag of ticks.
>
>Ironic coming from a man whose business embraces all MS Operating
>Systems.

Yes. I do use MS opering systems. Not by choice. You learn to tolerate
Microsoft until one day you finally discover a better solution.
We are slowly working our way to phasing in Linux. To what degree we
haven't yet determined. NO I most certainly do not embrace nor do I
put my trust in Microsoft.

>You really think MS is the devil?

They are dangerous and they are sneaky. Could be.

>Another guy that has been infected by COLA zeal.

I like the Linux community. I admire the Linux developers.
I do not like Microsoft. Period. They are infected by greed.

>Shame. Like waterskidoo, I had had higher hopes for you. Thought you
>could be a real advocate and not just a loony MS hater.

Being distrustful of an unethical comapny does not mean that I'm not
a Linux advocate. Keep hoping. You might see the light.

Hadron

Jul 28, 2007, 11:45:13 AM7/28/07
waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:

> On 2007-07-28, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>> In case you don't, many people got rich on the above companies.
>>> They were all publicly traded and under extreme scrutiny by
>>> the SEC and so forth.
>>> Still, there was all kinds of hi-jinks going on behind the
>>> glass wall and when the wall finally collapsed, it was
>>> average Joe holding the bag which should have been full
>>> with money to pay for his kids college, his retirement etc.
>>> IOW you put too much faith in the people policing the system.
>>>

>> Would you stand up in court and argue that with MS lawyers?
>
> No, because it hasn't happened yet.
> That doesn't mean it can't happen and if you don't believe that
> there are manipulations, even at a small level over lunch for example
> going on in most corporations, you are naive.

No. I am not naive. But I don't feel the need to make outrageous
unsubstantiated claims either. There is fiddle in all businesses.

> The rich get richer and the middle class gets left holding the bag.

Bollox. You are also of the opinion that a Casino is fairer than the
Stock Market? Righty'Oh.

>> Are you openly accusing MS of manipulating their figures? Did you read
>> the facts Tim asked you to look up with regard to Gates selling his
>> shares?
>
> I'm not accusing them of anything, I'm just saying to keep an
> eyeball on them.

Stop the press. Anonymous web poster suggests Fraud and evil doings by
Microsoft.

>> Are you of the opinion that Gates is giving Billions away to help
>> underprivileged Children only for "Tax Reasons"?
>
> Not at all, I admire Bill Gates and Melinda giving away money
> to good causes.

Yet you seem intent in reading things into him selling a few of his
options?

John Locke

Jul 28, 2007, 11:50:25 AM7/28/07

Hadron doesn't care if they're holding inquisitions followed by stake burnings
just as long as we don't insult them which Hadron claims is a diversion from
true COLA advocacy.

Rick

Jul 28, 2007, 12:36:49 PM7/28/07
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 17:34:23 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> On 2007-07-28, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Except Gates has been making sales like this regularly for many many
>>> years, to diversify his portfolio and to fund his foundation. All you
>>> can really learn from this is that Roy likes to use misleading subject
>>> lines on his posts.
>>
>> And as it should be. After all it is his stock and he should be able to
>> sell it when he sees fit. However I tend to take notice when I see a
>> pattern arising and while most times it's nothing to be concerned with,
>> that doesn't mean it's innocuous.
>
> What "pattern" are you noticing?
>
>> My only complaint with Microsoft is their business practices and that's
>> it. I use their products, I like most of them but
>
> What practices in particular give YOU cause for concern?

The practices that they have been found guilty of by the US DOJ and the
EU.

>> I see a Microsoft that is in trouble in the long term because they seem
>> to have lost their vision.
>
> They have? Examples of then and now please.
>
>> Vista is the last straw and many people as well as hardware providers
>> seem to agree.
>
> Except they don't outside of COLA.

<http://crn.com/
software/199701468;jsessionid=2N2NWHJNOKQEYQSNDLPCKH0CJUNN2JVN>

--
Rick

waterskidoo

Jul 28, 2007, 12:37:01 PM7/28/07
On 2007-07-28, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> What "pattern" are you noticing?

Weren't their other MS executives dropping stock and
or leaving MS for other companies recently?

> What practices in particular give YOU cause for concern?

Personally DRDOS, Stacker and the list continues.

>> I see a Microsoft that is in trouble in the long term because
>> they seem to have lost their vision.
>
> They have? Examples of then and now please.

Then: Windows 95 which was completely different from Windows 3.x
Then: The Microsoft Mouse.
Then: The Microsoft Keyboard

Now: Vista which to many people is Windows XP downgraded a few levels.
Now: Xbox360 which has reliability problems.
Now: Zune which is ignored mostly by the mp3 aficionados.

>> Vista is the last straw and many people as well as hardware
>> providers seem to agree.
>
> Except they don't outside of COLA.

I didn't know Allchin posted to COLA?

http://tinyurl.com/38dpe7

Also aren't some manufacturers offering XP again after
discontinuing XP in favor of Vista?

waterskidoo

Jul 28, 2007, 12:42:34 PM7/28/07
On 2007-07-28, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:

> Bollox. You are also of the opinion that a Casino is fairer than the
> Stock Market? Righty'Oh.

That's not what I said.
I stated that at least with a Casino you know the odds going into it.
With the stock market you are assuming the financials are on the
level and really don't know for certain.

Enron is proof of that.
Would people have invested in Enron had they known what
was going on?

You're taking my points out of context to suit your
own arguments.

> Stop the press. Anonymous web poster suggests Fraud and evil doings by
> Microsoft.

So you don't think that changes within a company are cause to
look into that company a little more closely?
Change can be good for a company too you know.

> Yet you seem intent in reading things into him selling a few of his
> options?

It piqued my curiosity as it should yours.
Add in the other items concerning Microsoft these days and
it all becomes even more interesting.

Hadron

Jul 28, 2007, 12:44:44 PM7/28/07
waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:

> On 2007-07-28, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> What "pattern" are you noticing?
>
> Weren't their other MS executives dropping stock and
> or leaving MS for other companies recently?

I don't know. You're making the claims. You provide the links.

>> What practices in particular give YOU cause for concern?
>
> Personally DRDOS, Stacker and the list continues.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Explain.

>>> I see a Microsoft that is in trouble in the long term because
>>> they seem to have lost their vision.
>>
>> They have? Examples of then and now please.
>
> Then: Windows 95 which was completely different from Windows 3.x
> Then: The Microsoft Mouse.
> Then: The Microsoft Keyboard
>
> Now: Vista which to many people is Windows XP downgraded a few levels.

Only fools. Or those who hate DRM. Pirates normally.

> Now: Xbox360 which has reliability problems.

Yup. Still a mega success and way ahead of the PS3.

> Now: Zune which is ignored mostly by the mp3 aficionados.

They dropped the ball on that one alright-

>>> Vista is the last straw and many people as well as hardware
>>> providers seem to agree.
>>
>> Except they don't outside of COLA.
>
> I didn't know Allchin posted to COLA?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/38dpe7
>
> Also aren't some manufacturers offering XP again after
> discontinuing XP in favor of Vista?

It takes time. I know a few people with Vista that grumbled for a while
and now are happy. people don't like change. Look at Kelsey he's so
stuck in the past he can't comprehend what use a multi function
pda/phone could be.

Hadron

Jul 28, 2007, 12:56:54 PM7/28/07
waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:

> On 2007-07-28, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Bollox. You are also of the opinion that a Casino is fairer than the
>> Stock Market? Righty'Oh.
>
> That's not what I said.
> I stated that at least with a Casino you know the odds going into it.
> With the stock market you are assuming the financials are on the
> level and really don't know for certain.
>
> Enron is proof of that.
> Would people have invested in Enron had they known what
> was going on?

No. It is proof of nothing other than Enron was corrupt.

Would you get on a plane if you thought the same thing would happen
to you as happened to those poor bastards who crashed into a fuel depot
in Brazil two weeks ago?

> You're taking my points out of context to suit your
> own arguments.

No. I am pointing out that Enron does not define how people can and
should analyse things when investing in the stock market. A roulette
table has certain odds but every spin is unique. This is NOT the case in
the stock market - performance and results dictate worth and growth.

>> Stop the press. Anonymous web poster suggests Fraud and evil doings by
>> Microsoft.
>
> So you don't think that changes within a company are cause to
> look into that company a little more closely?
> Change can be good for a company too you know.

I agree. I don't quite get your meaning.

>> Yet you seem intent in reading things into him selling a few of his
>> options?

> It piqued my curiosity as it should yours.

Why? People do it all the time. As has he. Its why people get shares.

> Add in the other items concerning Microsoft these days and
> it all becomes even more interesting.

It does? What in particular? I think you are making airy fairy claims
with little or no evidence. You haven't even said what these
"interesting" things are, never mind providing evidence to justify them.

waterskidoo

Jul 28, 2007, 1:45:13 PM7/28/07
On 2007-07-28, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> On 2007-07-28, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>>> Bollox. You are also of the opinion that a Casino is fairer than the
>>> Stock Market? Righty'Oh.
>>
>> That's not what I said.
>> I stated that at least with a Casino you know the odds going into it.
>> With the stock market you are assuming the financials are on the
>> level and really don't know for certain.
>>
>> Enron is proof of that.
>> Would people have invested in Enron had they known what
>> was going on?
>
> No. It is proof of nothing other than Enron was corrupt.
>
> Would you get on a plane if you thought the same thing would happen
> to you as happened to those poor bastards who crashed into a fuel depot
> in Brazil two weeks ago?

You;ve just proved my point.
With the casino you KNOW the odds before you begin.
With the stock market you depend upon what you are told.
With the plane you depend upon what you are told/shown as
far as security or maintenance is concerned.

> No. I am pointing out that Enron does not define how people can and
> should analyse things when investing in the stock market. A roulette
> table has certain odds but every spin is unique. This is NOT the case in
> the stock market - performance and results dictate worth and growth.

Again you are proving my point.

>>> Stop the press. Anonymous web poster suggests Fraud and evil doings by
>>> Microsoft.
>>
>> So you don't think that changes within a company are cause to
>> look into that company a little more closely?
>> Change can be good for a company too you know.
>
> I agree. I don't quite get your meaning.
>

>>> Yet you seem intent in reading things into him selling a few of his
>>> options?
>
>> It piqued my curiosity as it should yours.
>
> Why? People do it all the time. As has he. Its why people get shares.

Billy Gates, or any CEO for that matter, isn't just your average
person.
The market reacts to what these people do.

>> Add in the other items concerning Microsoft these days and
>> it all becomes even more interesting.
>
> It does? What in particular? I think you are making airy fairy claims
> with little or no evidence. You haven't even said what these
> "interesting" things are, never mind providing evidence to justify them.

Read some of Roy's posts and you will have many examples.

Tim Smith

Jul 28, 2007, 1:56:03 PM7/28/07
In article <f8fn8q$a0q$3...@registered.motzarella.org>,

waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Except Gates has been making sales like this regularly for many many
> > years, to diversify his portfolio and to fund his foundation. All you
> > can really learn from this is that Roy likes to use misleading subject
> > lines on his posts.
>
> And as it should be. After all it is his stock and he should be able
> to sell it when he sees fit. However I tend to take notice when
> I see a pattern arising and while most times it's nothing to be
> concerned with, that doesn't mean it's innocuous.

The pattern here is that Gates sells stock in amounts similar to this
quite regularly, as part of a long-standing plan of diversification and
to fund his foundation.

It's only when Roy takes a *routine* notice of a *regular occurrence*
and dresses it up with a deceptive subject line that it looks like
something has changed.

--
--Tim Smith

Hadron

Jul 28, 2007, 2:01:24 PM7/28/07
waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:

> On 2007-07-28, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> waterskidoo <water....@yahoo.com> writes:

>>> That's not what I said.
>>> I stated that at least with a Casino you know the odds going into it.
>>> With the stock market you are assuming the financials are on the
>>> level and really don't know for certain.
>>>
>>> Enron is proof of that.
>>> Would people have invested in Enron had they known what
>>> was going on?
>>
>> No. It is proof of nothing other than Enron was corrupt.
>>
>> Would you get on a plane if you thought the same thing would happen
>> to you as happened to those poor bastards who crashed into a fuel depot
>> in Brazil two weeks ago?
>
> You;ve just proved my point.

No. Really. I haven't. You need to take a course in elementary statistics
and probability theory.

> With the casino you KNOW the odds before you begin.

Yes.

> With the stock market you depend upon what you are told.

Yes. It's called analysis. Analysts do it all the time ....

> With the plane you depend upon what you are told/shown as
> far as security or maintenance is concerned.

Yes.

>> No. I am pointing out that Enron does not define how people can and
>> should analyse things when investing in the stock market. A roulette
>> table has certain odds but every spin is unique. This is NOT the case in
>> the stock market - performance and results dictate worth and growth.
>
> Again you are proving my point.

No. I am disproving your point completely. I am pointing out that if
ones opinion of flight safety was based solely on the A320 in Brazil
then one would never fly again.

Fortunately one accident does not phase most of us unduly and we assess
based on the real world data on a bigger scale.

So, I'll let you draw the parallel between that and the Enron
scandal.

>>> So you don't think that changes within a company are cause to
>>> look into that company a little more closely?
>>> Change can be good for a company too you know.
>>
>> I agree. I don't quite get your meaning.

>>> It piqued my curiosity as it should yours.
>>
>> Why? People do it all the time. As has he. Its why people get shares.
>
> Billy Gates, or any CEO for that matter, isn't just your average
> person.
> The market reacts to what these people do.

No they don't. Bill has sold shares for years.

>>> Add in the other items concerning Microsoft these days and
>>> it all becomes even more interesting.
>>
>> It does? What in particular? I think you are making airy fairy claims
>> with little or no evidence. You haven't even said what these
>> "interesting" things are, never mind providing evidence to justify them.
>
> Read some of Roy's posts and you will have many examples.

Roy posts lies and spam.

John Locke

Jul 28, 2007, 2:10:22 PM7/28/07
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 06:41:58 GMT, an...@anon.com wrote:
>If your only contribution to this ng is to insult people who
>disagree with you
This is someone disagreeing with me ? I'd say its more of an "insult" as you so
described. Typical of DFS. You need to read the posts more carefully.

>The scary thing about it all is that the real John Locke
>could probably give you lessons in computing.

You're making irresponsible assumptions. You must be living with DFS
in his basement.

>You see? That insult showed some imagination.

No it did not.

>In any case, you are going into our killfile for 28 days. After you
>come out, if you are still boring, you will be placed in the
>community killfile so that others can be spared so-called "humour"
>that they have read hundreds of times before.

That is your choice. Poor choice. But your choice indeed.

William Poaster

Jul 30, 2007, 7:36:56 AM7/30/07
It was on, or about, Sat, 28 Jul 2007 08:42:34 -0700, that as I was

halfway through a large jam doughnut, John Locke wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:54:35 +0200, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>John Locke <john...@comcast.net> writes:

>>> I didn't think you could hear the bleating way down there in your
>>> mother's basement.
>>>
>>> There's nothing imaginary about Microsoft and their unethical
>>> practices. You'd best beware the devil and his bag of ticks.
>>
>>Ironic coming from a man whose business embraces all MS Operating
>>Systems.
> Yes. I do use MS opering systems. Not by choice. You learn to tolerate
> Microsoft until one day you finally discover a better solution. We are
> slowly working our way to phasing in Linux. To what degree we haven't
> yet determined. NO I most certainly do not embrace nor do I put my
> trust in Microsoft.
>>
>>You really think MS is the devil?
> They are dangerous and they are sneaky. Could be.
>>
>>Another guy that has been infected by COLA zeal.
> I like the Linux community. I admire the Linux developers. I do not like
> Microsoft. Period. They are infected by greed.

And that is *all* M$ cares about.

>>Shame. Like waterskidoo, I had had higher hopes for you. Thought you
>>could be a real advocate and not just a loony MS hater.
> Being distrustful of an unethical comapny does not mean that I'm not a
> Linux advocate. Keep hoping. You might see the light.

I doubt it, Quack has reading & comprehension problems. He lets his love
of M$ get in the way.

--
The universe exploded out of nothingness 14 billion years ago.
14 billion years later, & some of us have 100 trillion

William Poaster

Jul 30, 2007, 7:31:55 AM7/30/07
It was on, or about, Sat, 28 Jul 2007 16:36:49 +0000, that as I was

So according to Quack, *no* one outside cola thinks that Fista is the
last straw?

Maybe this guy (Leo Wardlock) is a cola poster then:
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/06/15/windows_vista_hardware/

Oh, perhaps the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), the National
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA), technology giant Texas Instruments and other
corporations and government agencies, are ALL cola posters too!
http://www.aaxnet.com/editor/edit043.html