Intellectual Property and the Culture Economy in the Digital Age

nessuno

May 27, 2011, 12:36:01 PM5/27/11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZc8R8yYAb0&feature=related

Here's what PJ says:
<Quote>
Uh oh. Here's one you might like to watch, with EFF's John Philip
Barlow included, so you'll know what they mean by "a flourishing
Internet". Stay for the questions at the end. Remember when Steve
Ballmer and Sarkozy were high-fiving each other and saying, "Win,
win"? Is this what they meant? I can't help but wonder. Yes. Microsoft
was a sponsor and Craig Mundie was there, talking about the future of
the Internet, which is odd, considering that the company didn't see it
coming, had to play catch up and now is no longer viewed as
representing the cutting edge of products people use on the Internet.
Where was Apple at this conference, by the way, speaking of the
future? Where was Red Hat? The Internet was built with Open Source
software, by people who did not patent it, so where were the people
who came up with the Internet at this conference? Robert Murdoch was
there though, giving a talk, speaking of Internet visionaries. Not. In
short a lot of people who have no clue would like to regulate the
Internet so they can keep their 20th Century "content" business models
alive a little bit longer by strip mining the world's Internet. Here's
a page on YouTube where you can find many more videos and check to see
if I have overstated matters. Or the opposite.]
</Quote>

http://www.groklaw.net/

Homer

May 27, 2011, 10:59:46 PM5/27/11
Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno spake thusly:

Yes, it's basically a bunch of Intellectual Monopolists discussing how
to subjugate and monetise our culture with oppression.

Big surprise.

--
K. | "The poor have flat-screen TVs."
http://slated.org | ~ Libertarian propagandist Keith