When is a boycott, not a boycott?

Homer

Oct 14, 2010, 6:49:37 PM10/14/10

^From:.*\\
^From:.*amicus_curious
^From:.*Bart Bushey
^From:.*Berigheid
^From:.*Clogwog
^From:.*colastats
^From:.*CreamPie
^From:.*Darren W(h|)i(n|)sper
^From:.*DuPlessey
^From:.*Fanny Crackwell
^From:.*Feranija
^From:.*Fred Manitoba
^From:.*gallopinginsanity.com
^From:.*George Ronkowski
^From:.*Hadron
^From: =\?(?i)ISO-8859-1\?
^From:.*.(?i)Usenet mirror
^From:.*.(?i)ZnU
^From:.*One.*Shot.*One.*Kill
^From:.*RayLopez
^From:.*RickyBobby
^From:.*Robert Galloway
^From:.*scat...@hotmail.com
^From:.*Snit
^From:.*Steel
^From:.*Tim Smith
^From:.*van Oukel
^Subject:.*another failed linux migration
^Subject:.*COLA Statistics
^Subject:.*failure of Linux
^Subject:.*freetards
^Subject:.*(?i)Abandons OpenOffice
^Subject:.*(?i)dumping Linux
^Subject:.*(?i)dump(ing|) open source
^Subject:.*(?i)FUCK
^Subject:.*(?i)Hole in Linux kernel
^Subject:.*(?i)LinTurds
^Subject:.*(?i)linux scum
^Subject:.*(?i)Microsoft Office Offers Superior Value
^Subject:.*Internet Explorer is much more powerful that Firefox
^Subject:.*(?i)stupid POS Linux
^Subject:.*(?i)too many choices
^Subject:.*(?i)Ubuntu 10.10 another stinker
^Subject:.*(?i)Ubuntu Lu.id crapware
^Subject:.*Linux is a failure
^Subject:.*linux usage continues to drop
^Subject:.* Linux use illegal
^Subject:.*NEWS - Central Scotland Police
^Subject:.*Once again: which distro
^Subject:.*WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

So this is a "boycott" on precisely *one* ... DooFy.

Screw this. Main filters going back online with immediate effect.

--
K. | [ubuntu]
http://slated.org |

Snit

Oct 14, 2010, 6:56:42 PM10/14/10
Homer stated in post 11eko7-...@sky.matrix on 10/14/10 3:49 PM:

> When it's an utter farce.
>
> The "boycott" abstainers so far:

I see my name is there... I have not even been following who is boycotting
what. Never cared. So, yeah, I am "abstaining" from it.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

William Poaster

Oct 14, 2010, 7:06:06 PM10/14/10
Homer wrote:

I see you already have 'dizum' listed, but you may wish to add these
anonymous remailers to your list, which cuts down the trolls options even
further.

^Mail-To-News-Contact:.*postmaster@nym\.alias\.net*
^Organization:.*news-abuse@zig-zag\.net*
^X-Complaints-To:.*news-abuse@zig-zag\.net*
^Path:.*news\.bananasplit\.info*
^Path:.*mail2news\.nymu\.eu*

^Path:.*nym\.alias\.net*
^Path:.*news\.alt\.net*

Groups that trolls sometimes crosspost into:
^Newsgroups:.*comp\.os.\ms-windows\.advocacy*
^Newsgroups:.*alt\.usenet\.kooks*
^Newsgroups:.*alt\.os\.windows2000*
^Newsgroups:.*microsoft\.public\.windows\.vista\.general*
^Newsgroups:.*microsoft\.public\.windows\.vista\.security*
^Newsgroups:.*alt\.os\.windows-xp*
etc..
--
Gnu: The feeling you've seen this wildebeest before.
FreeBSD 8.1 64-bit; Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit

Homer

Oct 14, 2010, 8:56:32 PM10/14/10
Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:

> I see you already have 'dizum' listed, but you may wish to add these
> anonymous remailers to your list, which cuts down the trolls options even
> further.

Thanks, but that was just the /temporary/ filter (everything trollish
since the start of the "boycott"). The full filter is over a thousand
lines long.

--
K. | [ubuntu]
http://slated.org |
Fedora 8 (Werewolf) on sky | 1. Ancient African word meaning

kernel 2.6.31.5, up 6:29 | 'I can't configure Debian'

Message has been deleted

Tattoo Vampire

Oct 16, 2010, 2:23:10 AM10/16/10
Black Dragon wrote:

Fuck off, troll.

--
Regards,
[tv]

...Never check for an error you don't know how to handle.

Clogwog

Oct 17, 2010, 7:04:51 AM10/17/10
"Tattoo Vampire" <sit...@this.computer> schreef in bericht

> Black Dragon wrote:

> Fuck off, troll.

And of course you are going to make him "fuck off", bwahaaah!

High Plains Thumper

Oct 17, 2010, 9:30:16 AM10/17/10
Homer wrote:
> William Poaster spake thusly:
>
>> I see you already have 'dizum' listed, but you may wish to add
>> these anonymous remailers to your list, which cuts down the trolls
>> options even further.
>
> Thanks, but that was just the /temporary/ filter (everything trollish
> since the start of the "boycott"). The full filter is over a
> thousand lines long.

Rather than remove filtering, I sometimes take a peak at Google Groups.
When I see these troll's sick rants so neatly silenced by filtering, I
take another sip of coffee, feeling a sense of satisfaction, grateful
for not paroling them.

Filters are the best thing invented by Usenet browser writers.

--
HPT