BoycottBoy Coming Unhinged Again.

1 view

flatfish+++

Apr 20, 2011, 12:16:26 PM4/20/11

The BoyCottBoy is whining again .

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/the-open-source-revolution-10014902/articles-of-roy-schestowitz-10022241/#comments

http://tinyurl.com/3oqlpon

"Karen Friar,

I find the removal of about 7 of my comments rather insulting as they
contained no obscenity and did not contain any improper material (you
can unmask these comments for readers to judge). It is a form of
censorship, which is why I was reluctant to comment in ZDNet to begin
with, but I was polite and all my claims have verifiable sources to back
them. So again, I'm very disappointed that you removed comments and then
suggested that there was something unlawful in them. This is exactly the
type of thing which makes Techrights necessary.
Schestowitz 16 April, 2011 12:52 "

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

Hadron

Apr 20, 2011, 12:48:21 PM4/20/11
flatfish+++ <flat...@marianatrench.com> writes:

> The BoyCottBoy is whining again .
>
> http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/the-open-source-revolution-10014902/articles-of-roy-schestowitz-10022241/#comments
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3oqlpon
>
> "Karen Friar,
>
> I find the removal of about 7 of my comments rather insulting as they
> contained no obscenity and did not contain any improper material (you
> can unmask these comments for readers to judge). It is a form of
> censorship, which is why I was reluctant to comment in ZDNet to begin
> with, but I was polite and all my claims have verifiable sources to back
> them. So again, I'm very disappointed that you removed comments and then
> suggested that there was something unlawful in them. This is exactly the
> type of thing which makes Techrights necessary.
> Schestowitz 16 April, 2011 12:52 "

The slimy one used to "advocate" killfiles too. And now the little cry
baby freetard is complaining when others censor him!

Q: What, if anything, has Roy *ever* contributed to FOSS or the GPL?

A: Nothing.

His paranoid rantings reflect badly on FOSS contributors and Linux users
in general. A bit like Chris A insulting FOSS developers who contributed
more than the creepy little hypocrite ever could hope to - indeed, he
actively boasts about his Windows related closed source income here of
all places!

Hadron

Apr 20, 2011, 12:54:29 PM4/20/11
flatfish+++ <flat...@marianatrench.com> writes:

> The BoyCottBoy is whining again .
>
> http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/the-open-source-revolution-10014902/articles-of-roy-schestowitz-10022241/#comments
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3oqlpon
>
> "Karen Friar,
>
> I find the removal of about 7 of my comments rather insulting as they
> contained no obscenity and did not contain any improper material (you
> can unmask these comments for readers to judge). It is a form of
> censorship, which is why I was reluctant to comment in ZDNet to begin
> with, but I was polite and all my claims have verifiable sources to back
> them. So again, I'm very disappointed that you removed comments and then
> suggested that there was something unlawful in them. This is exactly the
> type of thing which makes Techrights necessary.
> Schestowitz 16 April, 2011 12:52 "

Oh my god! Looks like Slimywitz has mobilised his winged monkeys!

,----
`---- "mad hatter"

,----
| have read Techrights for some time and have found it a great source of
| collated information on the subject matter of open source software.
`----

And the best is the main article:-

,----
| The articles are very well written and all sources for the articles are
| documented
`----

That in itself is a blatant lie. Is Ahlstrom prostrating himself for his
Master Roy again one wonders.

Fortunately some people with sense are there to piss on the sycophants
torch waving:-

,----
| Second, "documents". To be documented they need to cite verifiable THIRD
| PARTY sources. His articles do have an impressive number of links in
| them. Most link back to earlier articles of his own. Try following
| those, and the links in those articles. It is like winning the lottery
| when you actually end up at a third party source and it supports what
| Schestowitz says it says.
`----

flatfish+++

Apr 20, 2011, 12:56:18 PM4/20/11

Yea.

Roy is getting some of his own medicine and he doesn't like the taste.

Now he is threatening to "expose" ZDNet.

See my other post.

flatfish+++

Apr 20, 2011, 12:58:39 PM4/20/11

Yep.

MadHatter is one of Roy's shills.
He's on his IRC all the time.

It's interesting how other people documented how the slimy one lies and
how his "proof" often has a trail right back to his own posts!!

Those comments tell the story pretty well.

Bottom line is one of Roy's shill's wrote a fictional article praising
Roy and TR and the people who know better slammed it.

Hadron

Apr 20, 2011, 1:00:25 PM4/20/11
flatfish+++ <flat...@marianatrench.com> writes:

> The BoyCottBoy is whining again .
>
> http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/the-open-source-revolution-10014902/articles-of-roy-schestowitz-10022241/#comments
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3oqlpon
>
> "Karen Friar,
>
> I find the removal of about 7 of my comments rather insulting as they
> contained no obscenity and did not contain any improper material (you
> can unmask these comments for readers to judge). It is a form of
> censorship, which is why I was reluctant to comment in ZDNet to begin
> with, but I was polite and all my claims have verifiable sources to back
> them. So again, I'm very disappointed that you removed comments and then
> suggested that there was something unlawful in them. This is exactly the
> type of thing which makes Techrights necessary.
> Schestowitz 16 April, 2011 12:52 "

And the best? A respected tech author who has been around since before Roy
was crapping his nappies thinks Roy's a dishonest idiot:-

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/member-profile/2000697276/

The man? A legend on UK IT journalism, Jack Schofield.

Lets see what he says about Chris Ahlstrom's Master Roy:-

,----
| In this case, we already know that Schestowitz doesn't have a logical or
| factual leg to stand on. The *actual* cause of the crash had nothing at
| all to do with Microsoft Windows (the official reports to date and the
| safety recommendations don't even mention it). As you'll see if you read
| up on the case, the mechanical fault also wasn't one isolated to
| Spanair, and any serious research (which Schestowitz doesn't appear to
| have done) would have checked these cases too.
`----

Pretty damning. And he's also not happy that Roy is spamming the net and
upping his hit count (and therefore profit) by profiteering from the
horrific deaths of so many people:-

,----
| We are still waiting for Schestowitz to provide an authoritative link or
| other evidence, but his silence so far makes it a fair assumption, in my
| view, that he doesn't have any. He is also demonstrating a lack of
| respect for the official investigation into a crash in which many people
| died.
`----

Someone, someday is going to shut Roy up : people can only take so many
lies and far fetched stories that defame and insult real hard working
people trying to get by as best they can as he freeloads off others.

Hadron

Apr 21, 2011, 8:45:38 AM4/21/11
Hadron<hadro...@gmail.com> writes:

The stuff I mentioned is above.

flatfish+++

Apr 21, 2011, 12:19:21 PM4/21/11

Good post!

The crux of it is that he puts up these hate sites and expects people to
just roll over and take his lies and half truths without retaliation.
That's fine if he wants to kick sand around in his own sand box, but
when he ventures outside the safe confines of his own sites, he gets his
ass kicked and then of course runs back home and starts up the SPAM
machine.

He personally attacks people, by name, on his sites offers little proof,
leaves out important details, refers back to his own sites and posts for
"proof" and so forth.

Hey if he wants to do that, fine but don't start whining when the other
side fires back.

The bottom line is what positive is he doing for Linux and FOSS?
How is he edifying Linux?
He thinks he is "exposing" all these bad people and maybe in some cases
he does have some valid points but in the scheme of things who really
cares?
A handful of screwballs that hang out on his IRC 24x7?

The reality is that sites like his do more to harm Linux/FOSS than help
it. He's mostly a laughing stock in the legitimate community and his
comparing himself/site to PJ and Groklaw in recent weeks is laughable.

If he wants to be "The National Enquirer" of IT Journalism, he better be
able to withstand the other side attacking back.
I'm surprised he hasn't been sued yet because he goes way beyond a bunch
of nuts (that's us!, All of us!) lobbing mortars in a dead USENET group
like COLA.

Right now he is threatening toe "expose" ZDNet if he doesn't receive a
proper email response from them.
What gall.
Who the hell does he think he is?

I hope they sue the skirt off of him.