SackOShitz discovers the real world.

Morris Tripper

Nov 12, 2010, 2:25:25 PM11/12/10
The fucking idiot SackOShitz has to use a Windows program at work and he's
all bent out of shape about it.
Poor thing.
I'll bet he's pissing off everyone of his co-workers with his Linux shit.

http://techrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/irc-log-techrights-
11112010.html

schestowitz There's an MRI viewer I need that's a windows binary [Nov 11
08:39

bbgruff

Nov 12, 2010, 2:45:37 PM11/12/10

Tell me - why are you so frightened of Roy?

Morris Tripper

Nov 12, 2010, 3:17:26 PM11/12/10
bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

Tell me - why are you so frightened of Microsoft and Windows?

bbgruff

Nov 12, 2010, 3:22:17 PM11/12/10

Good heavens - if you had any intelligence at all, you wouldn't need to ask
that question!
Anybody with an I.Q. in double digits ought to be *very* afraid of Microsoft
- an American corporation, with immense political power, with a great deal
of influence over the most powerful country in the world, hellbent on
destroying all opposition - and that's just for starters!

Silly question.

Now tell me, why are you so afraid of Roy?
(and thank you for confirming your identity)

Boris Badenough

Nov 12, 2010, 3:36:19 PM11/12/10

> Good heavens - if you had any intelligence at all, you wouldn't need to
> ask that question!
> Anybody with an I.Q. in double digits ought to be *very* afraid of
> Microsoft - an American corporation, with immense political power, with
> a great deal of influence over the most powerful country in the world,
> hellbent on destroying all opposition - and that's just for starters!
>
> Silly question.
>
> Now tell me, why are you so afraid of Roy?
> (and thank you for confirming your identity)

Confirm this, fuck chop. http://www.mediaright.ca/pics/shit-toilet.jpg

bbgruff

Nov 12, 2010, 3:54:23 PM11/12/10

As I said, thank you for confirming your identity.

Now please can you stop blowing smoke and answer the question - Why are you
so afraid of Roy?

Boris Badenough

Nov 12, 2010, 4:02:44 PM11/12/10
bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

Go fuck yourself you stinking piece of crap. You have no idea who I am so
take your head out of your stinking ass and flush it down the loo. Maybe it
will catch up with Roy's balls.

Clogwog

Nov 12, 2010, 4:32:54 PM11/12/10
"bbgruff" <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> schreef in bericht

> On Friday 12 November 2010 20:17 Morris Tripper wrote:
>
>> bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

>>> [Nov 11
>>>
>>> Tell me - why are you so frightened of Roy?
>>
>> Tell me - why are you so frightened of Microsoft and Windows?
>
> Good heavens - if you had any intelligence at all, you wouldn't need to
> ask
> that question!
> Anybody with an I.Q. in double digits ought to be *very* afraid of
> Microsoft
> - an American corporation, with immense political power, with a great deal
> of influence over the most powerful country in the world

China is the most powerful country in the world!
Keep your money presses "rolling", grufftard, not long from now the US will
be in Chinese hands, to do with it whatever pleases them!

bbgruff

Nov 12, 2010, 5:07:23 PM11/12/10

Tut tut tut.....
No need for all that, and actually, whether or not I have any idea who you
are is not relevant to the question.
Do please stop blowing smoke.
Just tell me, *Why* are you so afraid of Roy?

bbgruff

Nov 12, 2010, 5:11:22 PM11/12/10

Perhaps so, and perhaps not.
Either way, we can perhaps agree that we have cause, or possibly will have
cause, to be afraid of China.

I find this all a little baffling though.
Our friend here is obviously afraid of Roy. Am I to understand that you
think that he thinks that Roy is as powerful as Microsoft, or China?
Surely not?
So why is he so afraid of Roy, I wonder?

Morris Tripper

Nov 12, 2010, 5:47:09 PM11/12/10
bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:8k5sc2...@mid.individual.net:

> I find this all a little baffling though.
> Our friend here is obviously afraid of Roy. Am I to understand that you
> think that he thinks that Roy is as powerful as Microsoft, or China?
> Surely not?
> So why is he so afraid of Roy, I wonder?

Look fuckchop you seem to be quite dim because you haven't figured out that
I'm not going to boost your ego by playing your silly games. And I'm not your
friend so please stop your fantasies. Now run along like a good little boy
and go play with some intellectual property. What a fucktard!

bbgruff

Nov 12, 2010, 6:02:36 PM11/12/10

You seem to be getting very upset and abusive for some reason.
What on Earth is your problem?
I'm merely asking you a very simple and straightforward question.

There is really no need to get so upset.

Do please stop blowing smoke.

All I want to know is *Why* are you so afraid of Roy?

Chris Ahlstrom

Nov 12, 2010, 6:58:22 PM11/12/10
Morris Tripper pulled this Usenet face plant:

Idiot. Buh bye.

--
In love, she who gives her portrait promises the original.
-- Bruton

Morris Tripper

Nov 12, 2010, 7:22:54 PM11/12/10
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> wrote in news:ibkk9l$lr5$7
@news.eternal-september.org:

> Morris Tripper pulled this Usenet face plant:
>

> Idiot. Buh bye.

Get hammered yourself fuckchop.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/
a8eb737c59f2b20f/982d1e9720977328?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=chris+ahlstrom%
2Bsouth+carolina#982d1e9720977328

http://tinyurl.com/257fnxp

Christopher John Ahlstrom
1315 Deep Water Dr
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464-7434
Phone: (843) 849-0985

He's age 53
Wife: Jayne Baldwin, age 53
Daughter: Stephanie Fiaven, age 25

The house that Windows bought:
http://maps.google.com/maps?li=rwp&q=1315+Deep+Water+Dr,+Mount+Pleasa...

Previous addresses:
Chatsworth, CA
Van Nuys, CA
Augusta, GA
Nashville, TN
http://radaris.com/p/Christopher/Ahlstrom/

Job:
Analyst at MLS
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-ahlstrom/14/28b/a67

Research paper:
Low frequency thresholds produced by insert ear-phones.
Larson, V.D., Cooper, W.A., Ahlstrom, C.J., & De Chicchis, A.R. (1988).
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 30(10), 147.
http://www.coe.uga.edu/vita/alde_vita.pdf

Photo of the goob may be here:
http://www.google.com/images?q=%22chris+ahlstrom%22&biw=1920&bih=978

His Gimp artwork of a South Carolina soccer flag:
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/South+Carolina+Soccer+flag?con...

Soccer supporter meeting he attended:
http://www.charlestonbattery.com/Regiment/Reg2001/business/minutes_20...

Daughter's August 2008 wedding announcement:
http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/1209227/08202008MONA07.pdf

His daughter drinks beer and loves Demorats Clinton and Obama
http://www.myspace.com/12880506

Note 1: I never have and never will contact Linosuck or his family or
employer.

Note 2: All info is public and courtesy of Google - a Linux company.

Note 3: If you don't want such info revealed, don't be a moron and post
it online under your real name.

Kelsey Bjarnason

Nov 16, 2010, 8:32:46 PM11/16/10

Have you had your head buried in the sand the last decade or so? Have
you completely missed out on, oh, the whole Netscape fiasco? The SCO-vs-
Linux users bit, you know, the one largely funded by MS? MS's abuse of
patents to threaten and decimate? The endless court decisions against
them for what amounts to predatory behaviour? Their "deals" offered to
OEMs, deals which amount to "do as we say or go bankrupt"? Their
willingness to gut their prices at the drop of a hat, if it means
infiltrating a market segment they don't own - despite keeping prices
insanely high in other areas? Their campaigns of FUD against Linux,
OpenOffice and others? Their thinly-veiled attempts to kill off or
cripple, among others, Lotus 1-2-3 and DR DOS?

None of which would matter if they were doing it by producing better
products at comparable prices, or comparable products at better prices -
that is to say, competing. Instead they prefer to offer worse products
at higher prices, then use predatory tactics to either intimidate or
control the end user or the vendor, or, more generally, both.

Why are we frightened by MS? Because they're simply evil. Not just
"this is business", we don't give a damn if they want to charge for
something and make a profit, that's fine.

As to being afraid of Windows, I can give you one example from personal
experience which should be more than enough to give one pause.

We have a client, who, in turn, has umpteen "sub clients". Essentially,
we provide the main client with bandwidth and suchlike, which is divvied
up between 100-odd users.

Most of these users consume a fairly reasonable amount of bandwidth, but
every so often, one will spike. Usually this means he's fired up a
torrent or some such, no big deal.

On the other hand, it's not always a torrent. Sometimes, the traffic
starts with the one, spreads to another, then another, and soon enough 50
or more of them are hammering out the bandwidth.

Yes, you got it - they've been hit by malware. Malware which is making
use of the fact they have extremely high throughput.

So, no worries, just block the affected users, right? Nope, can't do
it. The client requires the users have functional connections - so we
can't kill 'em. Trying to rate limit them just ends up slowing their
legitimate traffic so much they may as well not have a connection.

Net result? 50 or more users with infected machines, merrily stomping
across the internet, doing whatever damages to everyone in their path...
and racking up bills of hundreds per month for a service they expect to
pay $10 or so a month for. Which means angry customers, angry clients,
and in most cases, us eating the loss on the bandwidth costs.

Since we're contractually obligated to provide a connection, we can't
just drop a bomb on them. We can't - certainly not the first time, at
least - say "look, you used the traffic, you pay for it", because most of
them _didn't_ use the traffic, not for anything the user was doing.

If Windows weren't built like a bank vault made from tissue paper, this
wouldn't happen. However, it is, meaning that thanks to Windows, our
users, our support staff, our accountants, and however many hapless
victims being attacked by these malware-ridden monsters are all unhappy.

My recommendation is simple and straightforward, and punishes the guilty:
every cent of damages or other costs which result from the piss-poor
design of Windows should be billed back to Microsoft. With worldwide
estimates from malware alone running to billions every year, maybe, just
maybe, these twits would get off their arses and fix the stupid OS.

Until then, however, users - all users, everywhere, even of non-Windows
OSen - must live in fear of Windows, for nobody knows when the next wave
of Windows-borne destruction will launch itself across the 'net, wreaking
havoc, overloading servers, crippling finance or worse, sucking up
resources and costing all of us who have to pay to clean up the mess.
Except, of course, the ones responsible; they just sell the OS and rake
in the billions. Let someone else carry the costs of the damages done.

Terry Porter

Nov 17, 2010, 2:41:30 PM11/17/10
Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

> On the other hand, it's not always a torrent. Sometimes, the traffic
> starts with the one, spreads to another, then another, and soon enough 50
> or more of them are hammering out the bandwidth.

Ouch!

> Yes, you got it - they've been hit by malware. Malware which is making
> use of the fact they have extremely high throughput.

Windows malware ....

Windows ... what blight would you like to unleash on mankind today ?

--
This quadcore running Gnu/Linux Gentoo:
http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/about.xml

Glenn Hall

Nov 17, 2010, 5:31:35 AM11/17/10
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:41:30 +0000, Terry Porter wrote:

There is no question that Roy is a polarizing individual. Most
people would take that as a bad trait, and I can understand that.
However, one has to appreciate the fact that Roy stands by his
convictions. Whether you agree with him or not, you will not get a
wishy washy answer from Roy because he has done the research and
his beliefs are his own and are sincere.

This does not mean that Roy is not willing to listen to other
sides of the debate, although I suspect people may think this is
truth.

I give you his most recent webcast where he has Thistle web as a
guest.
TW is an aggressive Linuxmint supporter and as we all know
Linuxmint includes a lot of proprietary software, mostly Codecs
and such.

Roy is very courteous, polite and engaging when it comes to TW and
his beliefs which clearly contradict Roy's POV.

The question gets asked, sell me on Linuxmint over Ubuntu and TW
does a wonderful job of doing such.

Great question BTW!

For those who hate Roy I suggest you listen to this episode to
understand what Roy is about.
Perfect?
Nope.
But willing to learn and certainly willing to see another POV when
it is backed up by reasonable facts.

I don't agree with all that Roy says, but I admire him for
sticking to what he believes in and for backing it up with what he
sees as truths.

Hadron

Nov 17, 2010, 5:42:34 AM11/17/10
Glenn Hall <glennhall59...@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:41:30 +0000, Terry Porter wrote:
>
> There is no question that Roy is a polarizing individual. Most
> people would take that as a bad trait, and I can understand that.
> However, one has to appreciate the fact that Roy stands by his
> convictions. Whether you agree with him or not, you will not get a
> wishy washy answer from Roy because he has done the research and
> his beliefs are his own and are sincere.

That is total nonsense. He almost NEVER does any research and his
opinions are ALWAYS those of a pig ignorant hack who will do anything to
put his views across at the expense of those he dislikes.

> This does not mean that Roy is not willing to listen to other
> sides of the debate, although I suspect people may think this is
> truth.

He is NOT willing to do that.

> I give you his most recent webcast where he has Thistle web as a
> guest.
> TW is an aggressive Linuxmint supporter and as we all know
> Linuxmint includes a lot of proprietary software, mostly Codecs
> and such.

Huh?

> Roy is very courteous, polite and engaging when it comes to TW and
> his beliefs which clearly contradict Roy's POV.

Condescending.

> The question gets asked, sell me on Linuxmint over Ubuntu and TW
> does a wonderful job of doing such.

Ubuntu contains closed source SW too.

> Great question BTW!
>
> For those who hate Roy I suggest you listen to this episode to
> understand what Roy is about.

You are joking?

> Perfect?
> Nope.
> But willing to learn and certainly willing to see another POV when
> it is backed up by reasonable facts.

Blatantly false.

> I don't agree with all that Roy says, but I admire him for
> sticking to what he believes in and for backing it up with what he
> sees as truths.

He doesn't.