Roy Schestowitz

SomeBloke

Oct 9, 2010, 1:05:23 PM10/9/10

The latest edition of Linux Format (LXF138) has an interesting interview
by Jono Bacon with Dr. Roy. He sounds much more reasonable and reasoned
that the wintrolls have always painted him. But, it that such a surprise?

--
I'm always kind, polite and reasonable.... except when I'm not.

One Shot, One-Kill

Oct 9, 2010, 1:21:46 PM10/9/10

"SomeBloke" <st...@stuff.com> wrote in message

> The latest edition of Linux Format (LXF138) has an interesting interview
> by Jono Bacon with Dr. Roy. He sounds much more reasonable and reasoned
> that the wintrolls have always painted him. But, it that such a surprise?

roy schestowitz is a lying piece of shit. FLOSS WEEKLY was honest enough to
expose this.

http://verofakto.blogspot.com/2009/10/floss-weekly-interviews-roy-schestowitz.html

FLOSS Weekly interviews Roy Schestowitz: The Transcript

50:13 JB makes the point that there's an overbearing sense of negativity
towards RS out there, so why do it? "...surely your life is unpleasant?" RS:
"That's more of a convenient delusion you're trying to pass here"

50:31 RS - "... the attacks come from Microsoft"
(I wish Jono had had more time and stopped here to ask "Oh really? Can you
provide factual proof of that?" That would have been an awesome three
hours.)

Ambush at high noon

Predictably enough, once in the familiar warm safety of his IRC channel and
surrounded by his psychofans sycophants friends, Schestowitz declares the
whole experience overrated and a disaster. It's always someone else's fault,
he didn't prepare (even though he had almost two weeks advance notice). His
institutional negativity is a false allegation, it's all the evil doings of
Microsoft and Novell employees, who "ridicule" him. He starts pulling out
his self-referential non sequiturs which will surely help everyone
understand him better, if only we could just take the time to read them.

We have. They don't.

Schestowitz then gets slightly hysterical (in that same log) and plows into
Jono Bacon, claiming he was "incited" with "libel from detractors" and so
on. It's the same old story.

Some people (e.g., his friends) were quick to offer up the usual excuses
about how Schestowitz should be cut some slack because he has made enemies
detractors in USENET, a phenomenon he tends to project back to Microsoft
without offering any factual proof.

****************************
I have a hard time believing that Schestowitz was naive enough to think that
he was being invited to FLOSS Weekly because of his vast and tangible
contributions to free software, the bulk of which I lack the time and space
to properly address here. I think he expected to be treated like the
celebrity he thinks he is, with the proper deference afforded to him by his
cadre. Unfortunately reality is a bit different from the bubble he lives in.
****************************

Sinister Midget III

Oct 9, 2010, 9:04:45 PM10/9/10
On 2010-10-09, SomeBloke <st...@stuff.com> claimed:

> The latest edition of Linux Format (LXF138) has an interesting interview
> by Jono Bacon with Dr. Roy. He sounds much more reasonable and reasoned
> that the wintrolls have always painted him. But, it that such a surprise?

They hated him because he'd drown them out. They still hate him because
he's drowning them out elsewhere.

Just ask Timmy, who seems to have an obsession (love? sexual?) that
leads him to peruse every detail of irc logs and posts that aren't even
about linux, Microsnot or anything they used to gripe about him posting
here.

--
Experience: a name everyone gives to his mistakes.
Aspire One, Linux Mint 9 (Debian)

Homer

Oct 9, 2010, 10:20:17 PM10/9/10
Verily I say unto thee, that SomeBloke spake thusly:

> The latest edition of Linux Format (LXF138) has an interesting interview
> by Jono Bacon with Dr. Roy. He sounds much more reasonable and reasoned
> that the wintrolls have always painted him. But, it that such a surprise?

I don't usually bother with dead-tree publications, but that sounds
interesting.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| GPL: You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap.
| I know my rights.
| I want my phone call.
| DRM: Tell me, what good is a phone call ...
| if you're unable to speak?
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5
03:19:15 up 11 days, 15:23, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.00

SomeBloke

Oct 10, 2010, 6:01:54 AM10/10/10
On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 20:04:45 -0500, Sinister Midget III wrote:

> On 2010-10-09, SomeBloke <st...@stuff.com> claimed:
>>
>> The latest edition of Linux Format (LXF138) has an interesting
>> interview by Jono Bacon with Dr. Roy. He sounds much more reasonable
>> and reasoned that the wintrolls have always painted him. But, it that
>> such a surprise?
>
> They hated him because he'd drown them out. They still hate him because
> he's drowning them out elsewhere.
>
> Just ask Timmy, who seems to have an obsession (love? sexual?) that
> leads him to peruse every detail of irc logs and posts that aren't even
> about linux, Microsnot or anything they used to gripe about him posting
> here.

I found the personal vendetta that the wintrolls conducted against Roy
cheap and often sickening. It's no wonder that he decided to rest from
posting here, though I am glad that he continues to promote the open
source agenda through more penetrating channels.

The trolls can just go stuff themselves. I don't think that they have
ever convinced anyone not to use a Linux distro based on their drooling
ravings.

Tim Smith

Oct 10, 2010, 6:40:06 AM10/10/10
In article <i8s2uh$p8h$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

SomeBloke <st...@stuff.com> wrote:
> I found the personal vendetta that the wintrolls conducted against Roy
> cheap and often sickening. It's no wonder that he decided to rest from
> posting here, though I am glad that he continues to promote the open
> source agenda through more penetrating channels.

How exactly is claiming that Microsoft is responsible for the BP oil
spill promoting the open source agenda?

How exactly is claiming that the Spanair crash was caused by malware on
a Microsoft system promoting the open source agenda?

How exactly is blasting Apple for manufacturing in China, while ignoring
the fact that virtually every other computer manufacturer also
manufactures there promoting the open source agenda?

How is reporting, when Microsoft loses to a patent troll and has to pay,
that Microsoft is "funding" the patent troll, but when a Linux company
has to pay a patent troll NOT reporting it that way promoting the open
source agenda?

How is raising the question of whether or not Microsoft has a
disproportionate number of employees who are pedophiles, drug users, or
participate in orgies promoting the open source agenda?

--
--Tim Smith

RonB

Oct 10, 2010, 6:05:48 PM10/10/10
On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 10:01:54 +0000, SomeBloke wrote:

> The trolls can just go stuff themselves. I don't think that they have
> ever convinced anyone not to use a Linux distro based on their drooling
> ravings.

They're their own rebuttals.

--
RonB