Groklaw - under new management.

bbgruff

May 16, 2011, 2:26:36 PM5/16/11
It would appear that reports of Groklaw's demise are exaggerated, and that
it will live on under Mark Webbink:-

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Groklaw-under-new-
management-1244034.html
http://tinyurl.com/5t6p2le

7

May 16, 2011, 3:17:55 PM5/16/11
bbgruff wrote:

Ooops. Thats gonna hurt the patent trollards.

Clogwog

May 16, 2011, 4:11:45 PM5/16/11
"7" <email_at_www_at_en...@enemygadgets.com> schreef in
bericht news:FLeAp.4321$yI6...@newsfe06.ams2...

That's gotta hurt your patent trolltard butt-buddy Schestowitz.
He thought that his Techrights shite was the successor of Groklaw,
bwahahahaaah!

Homer

May 16, 2011, 4:14:22 PM5/16/11
Verily I say unto thee, that bbgruff spake thusly:

> It would appear that reports of Groklaw's demise are exaggerated, and
> that it will live on under Mark Webbink:-
>
> http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Groklaw-under-new-management-1244034.html

YES!

[quote]
Webbink worked as Red Hat's first general counsel between 2000 and 2004
and as deputy general counsel for intellectual property from 2004 to
2007. Webbink is also a director of the Software Freedom Law Center and
a Senior Lecturing Fellow with the Duke University School of Law.

Jones announced her decision in a posting on Groklaw saying that Webbink
"will make Groklaw the place to go when you want to understand the law
and all things FOSS". She explains that Webbink plans to get law
students involved with Groklaw, from Duke and from the New York Law
School where he is a visiting professor and oversees the Peer To Patent
project. "Mark understood Groklaw very early on" says Jones, "I trust
him. I like his vision for Groklaw very much." She closed her comments
saying "So. It's now Groklaw 2.0, with Mark Webbink and a cast of
thousands".
[/quote]

The fight goes on.

--
K. | "The poor have flat-screen TVs."
http://slated.org | ~ Libertarian propagandist Keith

William Poaster

May 16, 2011, 6:07:19 PM5/16/11

Excellent!

--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.
"Microsoft has vast resources, literally billions of dollars in cash, or liquid assets reserves.

High Plains Thumper

May 16, 2011, 8:41:28 PM5/16/11
William Poaster wrote:
> to bbgruff who posted:
>
>> It would appear that reports of Groklaw's demise are exaggerated, and
>> that it will live on under Mark Webbink:-
>>
>> http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Groklaw-under-new-management-1244034.html
>> http://tinyurl.com/5t6p2le
>
> Excellent!

PJ was a real advocate for keeping that site up and running, and for her
coverage of the Comes (Iowa) vs. Microsoft court proceedings. I am glad to
hear that the baton has been passed onto very capable hands.

We'll pro'lly hear troll rants of students contributing articles to it,
similar status as with Roy Schestowitz. However, this time the score will
be different.

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

May 16, 2011, 8:45:28 PM5/16/11
Homer wrote:
> bbgruff spake thusly:
>
>> It would appear that reports of Groklaw's demise are exaggerated, and
>> that it will live on under Mark Webbink:-
>>
>> http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Groklaw-under-new-management-1244034.html
>
> YES!
>
> [quote] Webbink worked as Red Hat's first general counsel between 2000
> and 2004 and as deputy general counsel for intellectual property from
> 2004 to 2007. Webbink is also a director of the Software Freedom Law
> Center and a Senior Lecturing Fellow with the Duke University School of
> Law.
>
> Jones announced her decision in a posting on Groklaw saying that Webbink
> "will make Groklaw the place to go when you want to understand the law
> and all things FOSS". She explains that Webbink plans to get law
> students involved with Groklaw, from Duke and from the New York Law
> School where he is a visiting professor and oversees the Peer To Patent
> project. "Mark understood Groklaw very early on" says Jones, "I trust
> him. I like his vision for Groklaw very much." She closed her comments
> saying "So. It's now Groklaw 2.0, with Mark Webbink and a cast of
> thousands". [/quote]
>
> The fight goes on.

And it is a worthy fight. For one, desktop Linux is not dead, as the
Wintrolls persist. Their rants fit the mould of:

[quote]
In the Mopping Up phase, Evangelism's goal is to put the final nail into
the competing technology's coffin, and bury it in the burning depths of
the earth. Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated
with mental deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter
Bunny, and OS/2."

Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever.
make the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the
mythology of the computer industry.

We want to place selection pressure on the companies and individuals that
show a genetic weakness for competitor's technologies, to make the
industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over time.
[/quote]

PDF page 55
Microsoft Evangelism
Comes vs. Microsoft court case

http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

The Wintrolls have been trying to bury Linux desktop, as this is the last
Microsoft stranglehold. May the trolls rest in peace.

--
HPT

flatfish+++

May 16, 2011, 9:31:45 PM5/16/11

Roy ain't gonna like this new development.

The winners are the Groklaw site, a very good site, and the people who
support and post there.

I'll bet they are relieved.

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html