Say hello to Robert Cikovic

Anonymous

Sep 4, 2010, 8:47:00 PM9/4/10
http://www.facebook.com/people/Robert-Cikovic/100000610051042

Robert M Cikovic
4000 10th Ave
Parkersburg, WV 26101
(304) 428-2891

cik...@cluestick.org

Say hello to Robert Cikovic

You may know him as 'none of your buisiness'.

Nomen Nescio

Sep 4, 2010, 9:00:12 PM9/4/10

Anonymous

Sep 4, 2010, 9:17:11 PM9/4/10

Anonymous

Sep 4, 2010, 9:37:19 PM9/4/10

Marious Barrier

Sep 4, 2010, 9:50:57 PM9/4/10
On 09/04/2010 09:00 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> http://www.facebook.com/people/Robert-Cikovic/100000610051042
>
> Robert M Cikovic
> 4000 10th Ave
> Parkersburg, WV 26101
> (304) 428-2891
>
> cik...@cluestick.org
>
> Say hello to Robert Cikovic

Hey Robert.

Marious Barrier

Sep 4, 2010, 9:51:12 PM9/4/10
On 09/04/2010 09:17 PM, Anonymous wrote:
> http://www.facebook.com/people/Robert-Cikovic/100000610051042
>
> Robert M Cikovic
> 4000 10th Ave
> Parkersburg, WV 26101
> (304) 428-2891
>
> cik...@cluestick.org
>

> Say hello to Robert Cikovic

Sup Robert.

Marious Barrier

Sep 4, 2010, 9:51:24 PM9/4/10
On 09/04/2010 09:37 PM, Anonymous wrote:
> http://www.facebook.com/people/Robert-Cikovic/100000610051042
>
> Robert M Cikovic
> 4000 10th Ave
> Parkersburg, WV 26101
> (304) 428-2891
>
> cik...@cluestick.org
>

> Say hello to Robert Cikovic

Hey Robert.

Marious Barrier

Sep 4, 2010, 9:51:38 PM9/4/10
On 09/04/2010 08:47 PM, Anonymous wrote:
> Say hello to Robert Cikovic

Hey Robert.

Homer

Sep 4, 2010, 11:05:04 PM9/4/10
Verily I say unto thee, that Marious Barrier spake thusly:

>> Say hello to Robert Cikovic
>
> Hey Robert.

Saying "hello" to each Facebook subscriber will certainly keep the
Anonymous Coward busy - I hear there's about 500 Million of them -
but I suppose it's as good a hobby as any to fill his otherwise
vacuous life with.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
|("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
| ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

Clogwog

Sep 5, 2010, 5:47:29 AM9/5/10
"Marious Barrier" <marious...@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

> On 09/04/2010 08:47 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>> Say hello to Robert Cikovic
>
> Hey Robert.

Chrisv(ermin), (s)Marti, Dumb Willy, HPT/Wendy, Chris Ahlstrom: "the kill
file gang", are going to love you for your trollfeeding actions here!
They will plonk you now, I'm sure!
<muffled laughter />

chrisv

Sep 5, 2010, 6:20:43 AM9/5/10
Troll Feeder /nymshifter /nymthief "Marious Barrier
<marious...@gmail.com>". Will feed any troll - spares no one. Gives
short shrift to idiots, wrote news:i5usua$bde$4...@localhost.localdomain...

> On 09/04/2010 08:47 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>> Say hello to Robert Cikovic
>
> Hey Robert.

*PLONK*

Clogwog

Sep 5, 2010, 8:38:46 AM9/5/10
"Nomen Nescio" <nob...@dizum.com> schreef in bericht
Hello Dave Lugo AKA 'none of your buisiness' AKA Robert Cikovic, nymshifter,
net nanny!
http://www.cluestick.org/

"My real name is Dave Lugo, for whose who are wondering.
Fast forward a few years. After working as a sysadmin for a while, and
wanting to have more fun with my toys, (and get MORE toys), I registered the
etherboy.com domain. A little bit after that, I had a dedicated connection
to the Internet for my home network.

I now host a few websites for friends and family, along with the email/dns
infrastructure that entails.

I grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I moved out to the 'burbs a few
years ago (jeez, has it already been 12 years??). After college (I didn't
say whether or not I got a degree, just after college), I bounced from job
to job for a while, eventually getting sucked into the world of computers.
I currently work as a systems engineer for an email provider.

A few years ago (way back in '93), I earned the name "etherboy" when I
accidentally brought down my employer's thinnet backbone. After that
happened, I learned *real* quick how to terminate 10-Base-2. A cow-worker
started calling me Etherboy (in good fun), and I decided to adopt the name
proudly. After all, I had earned it. A few weeks after my battlefield intro
to ethernet, another cow-worker earned the name tokenringboy. I think I got
the better of the two, don't you think?

Chris Ahlstrom

Sep 5, 2010, 9:05:13 AM9/5/10
Clogwog posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> "Marious Barrier" <marious...@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> On 09/04/2010 08:47 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>>> Say hello to Robert Cikovic
>>
>> Hey Robert.
>

> ..., Chris Ahlstrom: "the kill

> file gang", are going to love you for your trollfeeding actions here!
> They will plonk you now, I'm sure!
> <muffled laughter />

Are you laughing like Muttley in "Moshe"'s YouTube link?

<wheez eez eez eez eez>

Jeezuz, Clog, I don't have you kill-filed. Show some appreciation!

(I consider Clogwog and 7 kind of obverse sides of the same coin,
if you're asking.)

--
It is easier to be a "humanitarian" than to render your own country its
proper due; it is easier to be a "patriot" than to make your community a

Marious Barrier

Sep 5, 2010, 12:23:33 PM9/5/10

%$#$%&#$%!&

chrisv

Sep 5, 2010, 1:35:42 PM9/5/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>(I consider Clogwog and 7 kind of obverse sides of the same coin,
>if you're asking.)

What, jerk and non-jerk?

Chris Ahlstrom

Sep 6, 2010, 8:04:55 AM9/6/10
chrisv posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

They're both jerks. But sometimes telling, and often funny.

--
Whip me. Beat me. Make me maintain AIX.
-- Stephan Zielinski

Terry Porter

Sep 6, 2010, 7:33:34 PM9/6/10
On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 08:04:55 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> chrisv posted this message in ROT13 encoding:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>>(I consider Clogwog and 7 kind of obverse sides of the same coin, if
>>>you're asking.)
>>
>> What, jerk and non-jerk?
>
> They're both jerks. But sometimes telling, and often funny.

7 is no more of a jerk, than you ... or me.

Don't confuse his 'troll speak' with the real 7 :)

--
This quadcore running Gnu/Linux Archlinux 2009.08 X86_64 and posting via
Pan.

Hadron

Sep 6, 2010, 7:37:06 PM9/6/10
Terry Porter <lin...@netspace.net.au> writes:

> On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 08:04:55 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> chrisv posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

>>> What, jerk and non-jerk?
>>
>> They're both jerks. But sometimes telling, and often funny.
>
> 7 is no more of a jerk, than you ... or me.

Never a truer word said telnet. LOL. Do you ever post without cocking
up?

> Don't confuse his 'troll speak' with the real 7 :)

You mean the one who claimed to be the European Inventor of the Year and
who then attempted to scam people out of their savings?

You're right. He's not a bigger jerk than you.

Chris Ahlstrom

Sep 6, 2010, 8:22:31 PM9/6/10
Terry Porter posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 08:04:55 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> chrisv posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

>>> What, jerk and non-jerk?
>>
>> They're both jerks. But sometimes telling, and often funny.
>
> 7 is no more of a jerk, than you ... or me.
>
> Don't confuse his 'troll speak' with the real 7 :)

Oh, 7 is a jerk, Terry, at times. So am I, at times!

I cracked up when I was discouraging my wife from getting
my daughter a netbook with Win 7 Starter. She called me
a "geek asshole".

Anyway, since two laptops are about to die (old hardware), we're
getting her an Overstock.com special with Win XP -- even with
instructions from me, she "can't" deal with iTunes and gtkam on
the Linux box I built them. Sigh. If I were on-site, I'd
show her how to use them -- I had them both working there awhile
back.

I'm having my own issues here. Bought a Logitech Harmony controller for the
multimedia system. There's a Linux app, Concordance, which supports it on
Linux, but I just can't get the application to see the device, even though
udev sees it just fine.

Ignore the troll posts that follow this. It will be the same old shit.

Later "Hadron" will lie about how we all say "It works for us."

--
The heart is not a logical organ.
-- Dr. Janet Wallace, "The Deadly Years", stardate 3479.4

Terry Porter

Sep 6, 2010, 11:06:16 PM9/6/10
On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 20:22:31 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Terry Porter posted this message in ROT13 encoding:
>
>> On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 08:04:55 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> chrisv posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

>>> They're both jerks. But sometimes telling, and often funny.
>>
>> 7 is no more of a jerk, than you ... or me.
>>
>> Don't confuse his 'troll speak' with the real 7 :)
>
> Oh, 7 is a jerk, Terry, at times. So am I, at times!

I'll agree with the latter :)

> I cracked up when I was discouraging my wife from getting my daughter a
> netbook with Win 7 Starter. She called me a "geek asshole".

Hahaha, well no one knows you better than your wife ;-)

> Anyway, since two laptops are about to die (old hardware), we're getting
> her an Overstock.com special with Win XP -- even with instructions from
> me, she "can't" deal with iTunes and gtkam on the Linux box I built
> them. Sigh. If I were on-site, I'd show her how to use them -- I had
> them both working there awhile back.
>
> I'm having my own issues here. Bought a Logitech Harmony controller for
> the multimedia system.

Yuk, I bought one and returned the creaky windows only junk. I have a
Philips programmable now, and it's way better.

> There's a Linux app, Concordance, which supports
> it on Linux, but I just can't get the application to see the device,
> even though udev sees it just fine.

Just return it and get a Philips SRU 5170!
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?
ctn=SRU5170/86&scy=in&slg=en

> Ignore the troll posts that follow this. It will be the same old shit.

You're just saying that ;-)

> Later "Hadron" will lie about how we all say "It works for us."

hadron is a brain dead, killfiled, six fingered, inbred son of a bitch.

DFS

Sep 6, 2010, 11:51:51 PM9/6/10
On 9/6/2010 8:22 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> I cracked up when I was discouraging my wife from getting
> my daughter a netbook with Win 7 Starter. She called me
> a "geek asshole".

Does she know you're also an unabashed hypocrite? Why not bring her
around to cola for a social visit and introduce her.

I'm sure you brought out the big guns to discourage the Win7 netbook:
lies about WinStarter only running 3 apps, lies about MS revoking
DigiDesign's SDK, lies about MS controlling OEMs, lies about Windows
taking days to setup...

You know, the usual cola crapola.

> Anyway, since two laptops are about to die (old hardware), we're
> getting her an Overstock.com special with Win XP -- even with
> instructions from me, she "can't" deal with iTunes and gtkam on
> the Linux box I built them. Sigh. If I were on-site, I'd
> show her how to use them -- I had them both working there awhile
> back.
>
> I'm having my own issues here. Bought a Logitech Harmony controller for the
> multimedia system. There's a Linux app, Concordance, which supports it on
> Linux, but I just can't get the application to see the device, even though
> udev sees it just fine.

This is Lunix in 2010; you probably need to reboot.

> Ignore the troll posts that follow this. It will be the same old shit.

Well, Concordance has only been around for 3 years (now at version
0.23!); that's not much time to program such a complicated utility, so
you just need to give them some time.
http://www.phildev.net/concordance/news.shtml

> Later "Hadron" will lie about how we all say "It works for us."

5000 claims of "works for me" are not offset by 5 tales of woe.

NB

Sep 7, 2010, 12:53:08 AM9/7/10
On 9/6/2010 5:33 PM, Terry Porter wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 08:04:55 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> chrisv posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

>>> What, jerk and non-jerk?
>>
>> They're both jerks. But sometimes telling, and often funny.
>

> 7 is no more of a jerk, than you ... or me.
>
> Don't confuse his 'troll speak' with the real 7 :)

quote
From: Terry Porter

I do not agree with you, simply on that basis that you disagree with 7.

I don't even care about the facts. 7 has credibility with me, as do *all*
the Linux advocates here.
/quote

Hadron

Sep 7, 2010, 1:50:05 AM9/7/10
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> writes:

> Terry Porter posted this message in ROT13 encoding:
>
>> On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 08:04:55 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> chrisv posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

>>> They're both jerks. But sometimes telling, and often funny.
>>
>> 7 is no more of a jerk, than you ... or me.
>>
>> Don't confuse his 'troll speak' with the real 7 :)
>
> Oh, 7 is a jerk, Terry, at times. So am I, at times!
>
> I cracked up when I was discouraging my wife from getting
> my daughter a netbook with Win 7 Starter. She called me
> a "geek asshole".

Why would you discourage her? Your daughter wants to use the SW her
friends and colleagues and fellow students use. She doesnt want to be
the girl at the prom with the gooseberry dress.

> Anyway, since two laptops are about to die (old hardware), we're

Sure..

> getting her an Overstock.com special with Win XP -- even with
> instructions from me, she "can't" deal with iTunes and gtkam on
> the Linux box I built them. Sigh. If I were on-site, I'd
> show her how to use them -- I had them both working there awhile
> back.

On site? iTunes? Huh?

> I'm having my own issues here. Bought a Logitech Harmony controller for the
> multimedia system. There's a Linux app, Concordance, which supports it on
> Linux, but I just can't get the application to see the device, even though
> udev sees it just fine.

Sounds typical of so much HW: Serisouly what chance would a nOOb have?

> Ignore the troll posts that follow this. It will be the same old shit.
>
> Later "Hadron" will lie about how we all say "It works for us."

No I wont. I dont tell lies Chris. I remind you of yours.

Posting one, albeit confusing and contrived, post about things we know
to be true does not exonerate you from the rest. You constantly think
people only remember back to the last post you made. You might. Others
dont.

chrisv

Sep 7, 2010, 8:54:51 AM9/7/10
troll wrote:

> Terry Porter wrote:
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>>> chrisv posted:

>>> They're both jerks. But sometimes telling, and often funny.

Occasional jerk-like behavior does not make one a jerk.

>> 7 is no more of a jerk, than you ... or me.
>>
>> Don't confuse his 'troll speak' with the real 7 :)
>
>quote
>From: Terry Porter
>
>I do not agree with you, simply on that basis that you disagree with 7.
>
>I don't even care about the facts. 7 has credibility with me, as do *all*
>the Linux advocates here.
>/quote

Doesn't mean that anyone takes-seriously everything 7 says. 7 makes
no pretense to being a 100% serious poster, and it's usually quite
obvious when he's being serious or not.

Terry Porter

Sep 7, 2010, 9:02:51 AM9/7/10

Well said, straightforward honest logic, as usual, from (the real)
chrisv !

An Old Friend

Sep 7, 2010, 9:04:46 AM9/7/10
On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 23:51:51 -0400, DFS wrote:

> I'm sure you brought out the big guns to discourage the Win7 netbook:
> lies about WinStarter only running 3 apps,

"Here's the catch: you'll be limited to running three concurrent
applications; so, for example, Word, Internet Explorer, and Peggle."

I don't think that's a lie.

One Shot, One Kill

Sep 7, 2010, 9:36:57 AM9/7/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

chrisv is a liar. chrisv is a stupid piece of shit.

chrisv

Sep 7, 2010, 9:41:26 AM9/7/10
An Old Friend wrote:

It's that "high quality" Microshitware. (rolling eyes)

Ezekiel

Sep 7, 2010, 9:54:34 AM9/7/10

"An New Nym" <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote in message

Are you that inept that you managed to find this one outdated article but
miss the dozens of NEWER articles explaining that the 3-app limit was
dropped?

Hadron

Sep 7, 2010, 9:57:50 AM9/7/10
"Ezekiel" <not-...@the-zeke.com> writes:

"An old friend under a new nym" is a VERY selective reader as my earlier
dealings with him prove. He is also rather grim at analogies, equating
Linux development contributions with Disaster Relief. Despite his
idiocy, his inflated views of his own outlook make for some very amusing
reading.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

An Old Friend

Sep 7, 2010, 10:32:07 AM9/7/10

Out of the first 10 that Google showed, none had anything about the 3 app
limit being removed. I did finally locate an article, but even then:

***BEGIN QUOTE***

It is important to note that Windows 7 Starter still includes only a
subset of the features offered in the higher editions of Windows 7 such
as Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional and above. Windows 7
Starter does not include:

Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the “Windows Basic” or other opaque
themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.
Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors,
or sound schemes.
The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
Multi-monitor support.
DVD playback.
Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media.
Remote Media Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV
from your home computer.
Domain support for business customers.
XP Mode for those that want the ability to run older Windows XP programs
on Windows 7.

***END QUOTE***

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2dyetwj

Message has been deleted

Hadron

Sep 7, 2010, 10:35:21 AM9/7/10
Moshe Goldfarb <moshe_...@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 07:50:05 +0200, Hadron<hadro...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> I cracked up when I was discouraging my wife from getting
>>> my daughter a netbook with Win 7 Starter. She called me
>>> a "geek asshole".
>>
>>Why would you discourage her? Your daughter wants to use the SW her
>>friends and colleagues and fellow students use. She doesnt want to be
>>the girl at the prom with the gooseberry dress.
>

> Yep.
>
> When the teacher says "ok class, I'm handing out CD's with a CBT
> program to help you study for the LSAT just install the program and
> use it".
> Oh, Miss Ahlstrom, you are using Linux?
> Maybe you can borrow one of the other student's laptops or run it on
> the schools computer lab, if you can book time.
>
> Yea.
> That's encouraging to a student all right.

>>> Anyway, since two laptops are about to die (old hardware), we're
>>
>>Sure..
>>
>>> getting her an Overstock.com special with Win XP -- even with
>>> instructions from me, she "can't" deal with iTunes and gtkam on
>>> the Linux box I built them. Sigh. If I were on-site, I'd
>>> show her how to use them -- I had them both working there awhile
>>> back.
>>
>>On site? iTunes? Huh?
>

> He already admitted neither he nor his wife can figure out iTunes.
> My question is he is able to figure out Amarok?
>
> I've seen people sit in front of Amarok and literally pull their hair
> out trying to make it do something.
> One of the worst interfaces ever written.

>>> I'm having my own issues here. Bought a Logitech Harmony controller for the
>>> multimedia system. There's a Linux app, Concordance, which supports it on
>>> Linux, but I just can't get the application to see the device, even though
>>> udev sees it just fine.
>>
>>Sounds typical of so much HW: Serisouly what chance would a nOOb have?
>

> None.....

Well, Liarmutt is a self confessed Linux genius. If he cant get it going
who can?. Maybe he should get back to using Windows? Thats what i was
told when I discovered Debian installers didnt work with USB keyboards
or SATA drives back then.

Chris Ahlstrom

Sep 7, 2010, 10:38:41 AM9/7/10
An Old Friend posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 23:51:51 -0400, DFS wrote:
>

>> <the usual impertinent, sneering, vaguely threatening crap>

> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2340433,00.asp
>
> "Here's the catch: you'll be limited to running three concurrent
> applications; so, for example, Word, Internet Explorer, and Peggle."
>
> I don't think that's a lie.

That's old, now incorrect info. Nonetheless:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/starter.aspx

In the United States, Windows 7 Starter is only available on small
notebook PCs (netbooks). Want to turn your PC into an entertainment hub
and personalize it to match your style? Consider Windows 7 Home Premium.

Maybe DFS should stick with Win 7 Starter, see how he likes it.

Jeezuz what an arsehole.

In any case, the machine has XP Home. She'll like that better than
Windows "churn the interface" 7 anyway.

--
If a man slept by day, he had little time to work. That was a
satisfying notion to Escargot.

Ezekiel

Sep 7, 2010, 10:37:51 AM9/7/10

"A New Nym" <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote in message

> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 09:54:34 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "An New Nym" <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote in message

>>> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2340433,00.asp
>>>
>>> "Here's the catch: you'll be limited to running three concurrent
>>> applications; so, for example, Word, Internet Explorer, and Peggle."
>>>
>>> I don't think that's a lie.
>>
>> Are you that inept that you managed to find this one outdated article
>> but miss the dozens of NEWER articles explaining that the 3-app limit
>> was dropped?
>
> Out of the first 10 that Google showed, none had anything about the 3 app
> limit being removed. I did finally locate an article, but even then:
>

> ***BEGIN QUOTE***

It depends what you're searching for doesn't it. So if you want to know
about the Windows 7 and the 3-app limit a normal person would search for
something like: "windows 7 starter 3 app limit"

First 6 hits from Google:

Microsoft kills Windows 7 Starter's 3-app limit - Computerworld
Microsoft dropping three app limit from Windows 7 Starter Edition
Let's talk about Windows 7 Starter May 29, 2009 ... Windows 7 Starter 3-App
Limit Officially Removed
Windows 7 Starter 3-App Limit Officially Removed | Windows 7 News
Microsoft kills 3-application limit for Windows 7 Starter
Digg - Microsoft kills Windows 7 Starter's 3-app limit

What exactly is so complicated that you're unable to do this?

Chris Ahlstrom

Sep 7, 2010, 10:44:43 AM9/7/10
An Old Friend posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 09:54:34 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> Are you that inept that you managed to find this one outdated article
>> but miss the dozens of NEWER articles explaining that the 3-app limit
>> was dropped?
>
> Out of the first 10 that Google showed, none had anything about the 3 app
> limit being removed. I did finally locate an article, but even then:
>
> ***BEGIN QUOTE***

> Starter does not include:
>
> Aero Glass...
> Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek...
> Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, ...

> The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
> Multi-monitor support.
> DVD playback.

> Windows Media Center...
> Remote Media Streaming ...
> Domain support ....
> XP Mode ....
> ***END QUOTE***
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/2dyetwj

It's a crippled pile of crap, even without the 3-app limit.

--
Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

An Old Friend

Sep 7, 2010, 10:47:11 AM9/7/10
On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 10:37:51 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

> "A New Nym" <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 09:54:34 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>>> "An New Nym" <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Are you that inept that you managed to find this one outdated article
>>> but miss the dozens of NEWER articles explaining that the 3-app limit
>>> was dropped?
>>
>> Out of the first 10 that Google showed, none had anything about the 3
>> app limit being removed. I did finally locate an article, but even
>> then:
>

> It depends what you're searching for doesn't it. So if you want to know
> about the Windows 7 and the 3-app limit a normal person would search for
> something like: "windows 7 starter 3 app limit"
>
> First 6 hits from Google:
>
> Microsoft kills Windows 7 Starter's 3-app limit - Computerworld
> Microsoft dropping three app limit from Windows 7 Starter Edition Let's
> talk about Windows 7 Starter May 29, 2009 ... Windows 7 Starter 3-App
> Limit Officially Removed
> Windows 7 Starter 3-App Limit Officially Removed | Windows 7 News
> Microsoft kills 3-application limit for Windows 7 Starter Digg -
> Microsoft kills Windows 7 Starter's 3-app limit
>

> What exactly is so complicated that you're unable to do this?

I first just Googled "windows 7 starter" and that's why I got the older
articles, I guess. I wasn't searching at first for just the 3-app limit.

Why did you remove the quote about the limitations of Windows 7 Starter?
I'll replace them:

Ezekiel

Sep 7, 2010, 10:58:03 AM9/7/10

"A New Nym" <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote in message

Because it has zero to do with your claim of being limited to 3-apps. Ergo -
you were wrong on the 3 app limit so decided to start moving goal posts.

> I'll replace them:

> ***BEGIN QUOTE***
>
> It is important to note that Windows 7 Starter still includes only a
> subset of the features offered in the higher editions of Windows 7 such as
> Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional and above. Windows 7
> Starter does not include:
>
> Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the "Windows Basic" or other opaque
> themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.

You don't get the fancy graphics.

> Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors,
> or sound schemes.

This is probably the biggest limitation to most people.

> The ability to switch between users without having to log off.

Not really a big deal for netbooks.

> Multi-monitor support.

Few if any netbooks have multiple display outputs to begin with.

> DVD playback.

Haven't seen a netbook with a built-in DVD player.

> Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media. Remote Media
> Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV from your home
> computer.

Use a 3rd party app like VLC player.

> Domain support for business customers. XP Mode for those that want the
> ability to run older Windows XP programs on Windows 7.

No virtualization support (like it's going to work well on a Atom processor
anyhow) and no domain support. Not really a big deal either.

An Old Friend

Sep 7, 2010, 11:11:42 AM9/7/10
On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 10:58:03 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

>> Multi-monitor support.
>
> Few if any netbooks have multiple display outputs to begin with.

My Acer Aspire One does. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to use a projector
in class.

This doesn't even take into consideration USB to Video solutions.

In fact, most netbooks have a VGA output for an external monitor.

Ezekiel

Sep 7, 2010, 11:17:42 AM9/7/10

"A New Nym" <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote in message

So you also have zero idea what the "multiple display" limitation is either.

Hint... you can hookup an external monitor/projector to Win7 starter edition
right out of the box.

Do you need help Google-ing this one as well?

Hadron

Sep 7, 2010, 11:20:02 AM9/7/10
"Ezekiel" <not-...@the-zeke.com> writes:

Or what "Starter Editions" are for. Whats the point. He's clearly a
freetard in that he wants it all for free. "Free" (capital F) clearly is
not the issue.

DFS

Sep 7, 2010, 11:24:41 AM9/7/10

I know it is.

"We are also going to enable Windows 7 Starter customers the ability to
run as many applications simultaneously as they would like, instead of
being constricted to the 3 application limit that the previous Starter
editions included."

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/windows7/archive/2009/05/29/let-s-talk-about-windows-7-starter.aspx

Posting outdated articles about Windows features/behavior is a typical
scummy "advocate" tactic. Congratulations on being the newest cola idiot.

DFS

Sep 7, 2010, 11:33:48 AM9/7/10
On 9/7/2010 10:32 AM, An Old Friend wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 09:54:34 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "An New Nym"<an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote in message

>>> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2340433,00.asp
>>>
>>> "Here's the catch: you'll be limited to running three concurrent
>>> applications; so, for example, Word, Internet Explorer, and Peggle."
>>>
>>> I don't think that's a lie.
>>
>> Are you that inept that you managed to find this one outdated article
>> but miss the dozens of NEWER articles explaining that the 3-app limit
>> was dropped?
>
> Out of the first 10 that Google showed, none had anything about the 3 app
> limit being removed.

That's funny; the very first Google hit for the search I did was about
MS killing the 3-app limit.

http://www.google.com/search?q=windows+7+starter+3+application+limit

Exactly what search string did you use?

> I did finally locate an article, but even then:

> http://preview.tinyurl.com/2dyetwj

None of that has anything to do with a 3-app limit.

Why did you quote it?

Message has been deleted

An Old Friend

Sep 7, 2010, 11:39:04 AM9/7/10

I'm assuming that you can only mirror what's on the main monitor in
Windows 7 Starter.

I typically have my presentation on the projector, and my notes on the
presentation on my netbook screen. Ubuntu/LXDE treats the projector and
my netbook screen as unique and individual monitors. I can scroll through
my notes on the netbook screen while the projector's image remains
stationary. Does Windows 7 Starter do that? If so, then I'm not sure what
the limitation is.

Ezekiel

Sep 7, 2010, 11:45:19 AM9/7/10

"An Old Friend" <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote in message

> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:17:42 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "A New Nym" <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote in message

>>> My Acer Aspire One does. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to use a
>>> projector in class.
>>>
>>> This doesn't even take into consideration USB to Video solutions.
>>>
>>> In fact, most netbooks have a VGA output for an external monitor.
>>
>> So you also have zero idea what the "multiple display" limitation is
>> either.
>>
>> Hint... you can hookup an external monitor/projector to Win7 starter
>> edition right out of the box.
>>
>> Do you need help Google-ing this one as well?
>
> I'm assuming that you can only mirror what's on the main monitor in
> Windows 7 Starter.

Correct - they are not treated as individual monitors. Hence the lack of
"multiple monitor" support.

> I typically have my presentation on the projector, and my notes on the
> presentation on my netbook screen. Ubuntu/LXDE treats the projector and
> my netbook screen as unique and individual monitors. I can scroll through
> my notes on the netbook screen while the projector's image remains
> stationary. Does Windows 7 Starter do that? If so, then I'm not sure what
> the limitation is.

The built-in display and the external display are treated as the one
display - not separate displays. I guess that's a huge limitation for
everyone who connects a projector to their netbook and wants to display
notes on a separate screen. But it's something that the remaining 99% of the
world can live with.

Chris Ahlstrom

Sep 7, 2010, 11:51:10 AM9/7/10
An Old Friend posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 10:58:03 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

Heck, even on the OLPC, you can use sisusb driver to drive VGA from one of
the USB ports.

--
Fortune's Office Door Sign of the Week:

Incorrigible punster -- Do not incorrige.

Hadron

Sep 7, 2010, 11:51:17 AM9/7/10
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> writes:

> An Old Friend posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

>>> Few if any netbooks have multiple display outputs to begin with.
>>
>> My Acer Aspire One does. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to use a projector
>> in class.
>>
>> This doesn't even take into consideration USB to Video solutions.
>>
>> In fact, most netbooks have a VGA output for an external monitor.
>
> Heck, even on the OLPC, you can use sisusb driver to drive VGA from one of
> the USB ports.

Are you at all aware of whats being discussed here?

I dont think you are. Quelle Surprise.

DFS

Sep 7, 2010, 11:58:44 AM9/7/10

At least it runs good software and games.

DFS

Sep 7, 2010, 12:03:10 PM9/7/10
On 9/7/2010 10:38 AM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> An Old Friend posted this message in ROT13 encoding:
>
>> On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 23:51:51 -0400, DFS wrote:
>>
>>> <the usual impertinent, sneering, vaguely threatening crap>

Everything's a "threat" when you're a cola fool.

>> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2340433,00.asp
>>
>> "Here's the catch: you'll be limited to running three concurrent
>> applications; so, for example, Word, Internet Explorer, and Peggle."
>>
>> I don't think that's a lie.
>
> That's old, now incorrect info. Nonetheless:

Of course it is. That's why he posted it in the first place.

This is cola, remember?

> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/starter.aspx
>
> In the United States, Windows 7 Starter is only available on small
> notebook PCs (netbooks). Want to turn your PC into an entertainment hub
> and personalize it to match your style? Consider Windows 7 Home Premium.
>
> Maybe DFS should stick with Win 7 Starter, see how he likes it.
>
> Jeezuz what an arsehole.

"My wife called me a geek asshole".

> In any case, the machine has XP Home. She'll like that better than
> Windows "churn the interface" 7 anyway.

Bad move. Win7 is a big step up.

Hadron

Sep 7, 2010, 12:04:09 PM9/7/10
DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> writes:

He knows that. He uses it at work.

chrisv

Sep 7, 2010, 12:39:30 PM9/7/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> An Old Friend posted:

>> trolling fsckwit wrote:
>>
>>> Are you that inept that you managed to find this one outdated article
>>> but miss the dozens of NEWER articles explaining that the 3-app limit
>>> was dropped?
>>
>> Out of the first 10 that Google showed, none had anything about the 3 app
>> limit being removed. I did finally locate an article, but even then:
>>
>> ***BEGIN QUOTE***
>> Starter does not include:
>>
>> Aero Glass...
>> Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek...
>> Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, ...
>> The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
>> Multi-monitor support.
>> DVD playback.
>> Windows Media Center...
>> Remote Media Streaming ...
>> Domain support ....
>> XP Mode ....
>> ***END QUOTE***
>>
>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/2dyetwj
>
>It's a crippled pile of crap, even without the 3-app limit.

The intentional *crippling* of a product, just to meet a price-point
or to artificially segregate a market...

This is a concept which is foreign to the world of Freedom.

But, apparently, quite defensible, in the proprietary world...

Message has been deleted

Ezekiel

Sep 7, 2010, 1:06:09 PM9/7/10

"Moshe Goldfarb" <moshe_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:39:30 -0500, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>>The intentional *crippling* of a product, just to meet a price-point
>>or to artificially segregate a market...
>>
>>This is a concept which is foreign to the world of Freedom.
>>
>>But, apparently, quite defensible, in the proprietary world...
>

> Tell it to GM who do that to the Camaro engine so it doesn't compete
> directly with the Corvette engine.
>
> Tell that to Ford who do the same with the Mach 1 motor so it doesn't
> compete with the Cobra motor.
>
> etc...

The idiot should also try telling that to Redhat which does the exact same
thing. Why are some versions crippled/limited to only 2 processor sockets
and 4 virtual guests while others have no such restriction.

<quote>
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Platform .Supports servers of any size
.Available for 32/64-bit x86, Itanium2, IBM POWER
.Available with Standard or Premium support
.Supports unlimited virtual guests and storage virtualization

Red Hat Enterprise Linux .Supports servers with up to 2 processor sockets
.Available for 32/64-bit x86, Itanium2, IBM POWER
.Available with Basic, Standard or Premium support
.Supports 4 virtual guests

Red Hat Enterprise Linux for HPC Compute Nodes .2 and 4 processor socket
variants available
.Available with Basic support
.No virtualization
</quote>
http://www.redhat.com/rhel/purchasing_guide.html

Message has been deleted

Sinister Midget III

Sep 7, 2010, 2:49:50 PM9/7/10
On 2010-09-07, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> claimed:

When parked on the desktop I have the netbook screen set as the right
side of an extended desktop screen. It has a different resolution, and
I can have spearate programs opened on it. In fact, I run a script at
startup that sets the resolution (no need for an xorg.conf, Quirk) of
each screen. If the external monitor isn't there, that part gets
ignored and everything comes up on the netbook screen. But if the
monitor is there, I get two different screens.

Is /that/ what EZ thinks Winders 7 can do "out of the box"?

--
Guns don't kill people... death does.
Aspire One, Linux Mint 9 (LXDE)

DFS

Sep 7, 2010, 4:07:12 PM9/7/10
On 9/7/2010 12:39 PM, chrisv wrote:

> The intentional *crippling* of a product, just to meet a price-point
> or to artificially segregate a market...

Sell a base version and offer more features for more money?!

Such a novel idea... MS was the first I'm sure...

> This is a concept which is foreign to the world of Freedom.

You need to learn your crapware. RedHat "artificially cripples" your
system depending on the subscription you purchase.

http://www.redhat.com/rhel/desktop/compare/

> But, apparently, quite defensible, in the proprietary world...

Of course it's defensible. It's their product to do what they want with.

If we knew what kind of products your company makes, we would probably
find similar differentiation.

One Shot, One Kill

Sep 8, 2010, 12:14:16 PM9/8/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

chrisv is a fscking liar. chrisv is a piece of shit.

One Shot, One Kill

Sep 8, 2010, 12:14:00 PM9/8/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

chrisv is a liar. chrisv is a piece of shit.