Ubuntu Linux boosted by 10,000 seat PC win

Robin T Cox

Apr 24, 2011, 6:30:35 AM4/24/11
http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-
boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
http://bit.ly/eZkDpB

<quote>
Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen
German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use
Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.

The project included the conversion of 3,000 desktop and laptop computers
in LVM's Muenster HQ with a further 7,000 in the company's agencies
around Germany. The core software used by the company is LAS, a Java-
based claims-processing application of its own design, backed by Lotus
Notes, Adobe's Reader and the OpenOffice suite.

The news isn't entirely a surprise given that LVM has been using Ubuntu
for some time. But converting a company's entire install base to use the
software is still a modest coup.

LVM is also a demanding environment for any OS. The company's workforce
is bolstered by a small army of self-employed and mobile sales
representatives that sell insurance at street and living room level. The
LAS system is described as being used by the sales team in an 'always-on'
configuration.

The official release made no mention of the operating system being
displaced but Techworld understands these were running older versions of
Windows in recent years.

"Many companies are waking up to the realisation that there is an
alternative to an endless cycle of licence fees that can amount to
millions of dollars. We believe that the investment that LVM have made in
converting to Ubuntu by engaging with Canonical will pay off many times,"
said Canonical's VP of business development, Steve George.

Could this another sign of wider mainstream acceptance for Linux or is it
a one-off?
</quote>

--
Big Brother is watching ... so are we

Hadron

Apr 24, 2011, 7:29:30 AM4/24/11

Nice twist of case.

http://www.muktware.com/news/24/2011/1036/german-insurance-firm-convert-10000-pcs-ubuntu

"Under the deal LVM will replace its 10,000 PCs to use Ubuntu."

*WILL*

I wonder when they will release their "core software" under the GPL. I
hope someone has warned them that if they augment their SW with GPL code
then they must release it ...

,----

| The core software used by the company is LAS, a Java-based
| claims-processing application of its own design, backed by Lotus Notes,
| Adobe’s Reader and the OpenOffice suite.

`----

I feel sure they will be more than willing to release their hard earned
SW code base to their competititors for free... Hell, if Homer gets to
see it he will steal it as its "open" ....

Message has been deleted

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 24, 2011, 1:53:31 PM4/24/11
Rob wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 05:30:35 -0500, Robin T Cox <no...@nomail.net> wrote:
>
>> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-
>> boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
>> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>>
>> <quote>
>> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen
>> German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use
>> Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.
>

> The problem is that Canonical doesn't generate any revenue when people
> install their OS onto 10,000 desktops.

How do you know, Flounder?

--
Climate and Surgery
R C Gilchrist, who was shot by J Sharp twelve days ago, and who
-- Sacramento Daily Union, September 11, 1861

William Poaster

Apr 24, 2011, 1:57:49 PM4/24/11
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Rob wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 05:30:35 -0500, Robin T Cox <no...@nomail.net> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-
>>> boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
>>> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen
>>> German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use
>>> Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.
>>
>> The problem is that Canonical doesn't generate any revenue when people
>> install their OS onto 10,000 desktops.
>
> How do you know, Flounder?

Canonical generates revenue through product support. So the troll was
wrong. (What else is new!

--
E Pluribus UNIX.
"Microsoft has vast resources, literally billions of dollars in cash, or liquid assets reserves.

flatfish+++

Apr 24, 2011, 2:21:04 PM4/24/11
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 05:30:35 -0500, Robin T Cox wrote:

> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-
> boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>
> <quote>
> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen
> German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use
> Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.

1, Hopefully they have talked to the "fine people" doing the Munich
Linux migration.
We can see how "well" that one is going.

2. If Linux is "taking over the world", according to the nuts in COLA,
why do they need a morale boost?

Truth is Linux desktop is on life support and Canonical knows it.

Let's follow this "migration" and see how fucked up it becomes.
And it will.

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

Snit

Apr 24, 2011, 2:32:52 PM4/24/11
William Poaster stated in post tt4e88-...@linuxnetwork.alpha.org on
4/24/11 10:57 AM:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Rob wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> The problem is that Canonical doesn't generate any revenue when people
>>> install their OS onto 10,000 desktops.
>>
>> How do you know, Flounder?
>
> Canonical generates revenue through product support. So the troll was
> wrong. (What else is new!

How much profit do they get each year? Any ideas?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

RonB

Apr 24, 2011, 4:19:10 PM4/24/11
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:33:14 -0700, Rob wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 05:30:35 -0500, Robin T Cox <no...@nomail.net>
> wrote:
>

>> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-
>> boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
>> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>>
>> <quote>
>> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen
>> German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use
>> Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.
>

> The problem is that Canonical doesn't generate any revenue when people
> install their OS onto 10,000 desktops.

And neither does Microsoft. But maybe we should let Canonical worry
Canonical. They don't seem to be going away.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581

Homer

Apr 24, 2011, 4:27:47 PM4/24/11
Verily I say unto thee, that Robin T Cox spake thusly:
> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-boosted-10000-seat-pc-win

> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>
><quote>
> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal

Whereas Microsoft just has moral-busting deals.

;)

--
K. | "Linux hackers are on a mission
http://slated.org | from God" ~ The Vatican

flatfish+++

Apr 24, 2011, 4:33:30 PM4/24/11
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 21:27:47 +0100, Homer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Robin T Cox spake thusly:
>> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
>> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>>
>><quote>
>> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal
>
> Whereas Microsoft just has moral-busting deals.
>
> ;)

If Linux is doing so "great" why do they need a morale boost?

TomB

Apr 24, 2011, 5:50:09 PM4/24/11
On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:

What makes you think they should do that?

> I hope someone has warned them that if they augment their SW with
> GPL code then they must release it ...

What makes you think they are going to 'augment' there software with
GPL code?

> ,----
>| The core software used by the company is LAS, a Java-based
>| claims-processing application of its own design, backed by Lotus Notes,
>| Adobe’s Reader and the OpenOffice suite.
> `----
>
> I feel sure they will be more than willing to release their hard
> earned SW code base to their competititors for free... Hell, if
> Homer gets to see it he will steal it as its "open" ....

Why should a company merely using GNU/Linux release their 'hard
earned' code for free?

Oh, you were just looking for an excuse to troll?

--
I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why should
I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to Hell?

Sinister Midget III

Apr 24, 2011, 7:14:49 PM4/24/11
On 2011-04-24, TomB <tommy.b...@gmail.com> claimed:

> On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:

(for a loose interpetation of "brain" ^^^^^ )

>> I wonder when they will release their "core software" under the GPL.
>
> What makes you think they should do that?

Idiocy?

>> I hope someone has warned them that if they augment their SW with
>> GPL code then they must release it ...
>
> What makes you think they are going to 'augment' there software with
> GPL code?

What makes the retard "think" they have to release their code if they
augment it wirh GPLed code?

>> I feel sure they will be more than willing to release their hard
>> earned SW code base to their competititors for free... Hell, if
>> Homer gets to see it he will steal it as its "open" ....
>
> Why should a company merely using GNU/Linux release their 'hard
> earned' code for free?
>
> Oh, you were just looking for an excuse to troll?

If that was all that was needed, s/h/it could have trolled anything. It
looks more like Queef was looking specifically for another opportunity
to be wrong.

I guess 200 times a day isn't enough.

Have another drink, Larry. You're only getting at being stupid.

--
Why can't we just spell it orderves?
Aspire One, Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.10

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 24, 2011, 7:46:29 PM4/24/11
TomB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>

>> Nice twist of case.
>>
>> http://www.muktware.com/news/24/2011/1036/german-insurance-firm-convert-10000-pcs-ubuntu
>>
>> "Under the deal LVM will replace its 10,000 PCs to use Ubuntu."
>>
>> *WILL*
>>
>> I wonder when they will release their "core software" under the GPL.
>
> What makes you think they should do that?
>
>> I hope someone has warned them that if they augment their SW with
>> GPL code then they must release it ...
>
> What makes you think they are going to 'augment' there software with
> GPL code?
>
>> ,----
>>| The core software used by the company is LAS, a Java-based
>>| claims-processing application of its own design, backed by Lotus Notes,

>>| Adobe???s Reader and the OpenOffice suite.

>> `----
>>
>> I feel sure they will be more than willing to release their hard
>> earned SW code base to their competititors for free... Hell, if
>> Homer gets to see it he will steal it as its "open" ....
>
> Why should a company merely using GNU/Linux release their 'hard
> earned' code for free?
>
> Oh, you were just looking for an excuse to troll?

Imagine that. "Hadron" getting the GPL wrong in his haste to troll.

Wottazurprize.

--
Day in day out the GPL is turned inside out. It's easy to CLAIM it's
easy but fact does not bond with your fiction.

I have a better idea. Release the code you have been boasting about
under the GPL and we can customise it as we see fit and sell it on to
others, with our code, for say 1000 per annum per seat. You wont see a
penny of that of course but hey, thats the GPL for you!
No?
Why not?
Oh yes! You're an "advocate"...

"How does the GPL protect YOUR freedom by insisting that people who
use your work pass it on?" - "Hadron", getting it all wrong, as he
attacks the GPL

"Many people using other Free licenses claim that the GPL is nothing
more than a badge of hate brought about by petty jealousy and a desire
to see professionals fail by Stallman and others." - "True Linux
advocate" Hadron Quark

'So why do GPL morons cry "Freedom" while dissing the other (licenses)
which are Freer?' - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 24, 2011, 7:49:06 PM4/24/11
Sinister Midget III wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2011-04-24, TomB <tommy.b...@gmail.com> claimed:
>> On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>
> (for a loose interpetation of "brain" ^^^^^ )
>

>> Why should a company merely using GNU/Linux release their 'hard
>> earned' code for free?
>>
>> Oh, you were just looking for an excuse to troll?
>
> If that was all that was needed, s/h/it could have trolled anything. It
> looks more like Queef was looking specifically for another opportunity
> to be wrong.
>
> I guess 200 times a day isn't enough.
>
> Have another drink, Larry. You're only getting at being stupid.

I used to think Liquored-Up Larry was dipping his whiskers in alcohol.

But I now believe he's a Sterno drinker.

--
<Roy> Linux sucks and I have decided it will never work properly so have
installed XP.

DFS

Apr 24, 2011, 9:02:37 PM4/24/11
On 4/24/2011 4:27 PM, Homer wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Robin T Cox spake thusly:
>> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
>> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>>
>> <quote>
>> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal
>
> Whereas Microsoft just has moral-busting deals.

And Stallman just has pants-busting meals...

DFS

Apr 24, 2011, 9:06:09 PM4/24/11
On 4/24/2011 4:19 PM, RonB wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:33:14 -0700, Rob wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 05:30:35 -0500, Robin T Cox<no...@nomail.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-
>>> boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
>>> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen
>>> German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use
>>> Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.
>>

>> The problem is that Canonical doesn't generate any revenue when people
>> install their OS onto 10,000 desktops.
>
> And neither does Microsoft. But maybe we should let Canonical worry
> Canonical. They don't seem to be going away.

They will after they lose enough money.

Then their crappy code will be "forked" and renamed something lame like
Nexbuntu or Unbuntu, and the cycle of another crapware distro will begin.

flatfish+++

Apr 24, 2011, 9:21:59 PM4/24/11

He is repulsive.

jebblue

Apr 24, 2011, 9:52:34 PM4/24/11
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 05:30:35 -0500, Robin T Cox wrote:

> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-
> boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>
> <quote>
> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen
> German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use
> Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.

This would have been very cool if it weren't for the fact that
Ubuntu will be ruined in the upcoming version by the switch
away from standards to the Unity interface and the now defunct
QT UI platform.

Until now I've been a huge fan and also a supporter of Ubuntu.

--
// This is my opinion.

Snit

Apr 24, 2011, 9:59:09 PM4/24/11
TomB stated in post 201104242...@usenet.drumscum.be on 4/24/11 2:50
PM:

>> ,----
>> | The core software used by the company is LAS, a Java-based
>> | claims-processing application of its own design, backed by Lotus Notes,

>> | Adobe零 Reader and the OpenOffice suite.

>> `----
>>
>> I feel sure they will be more than willing to release their hard
>> earned SW code base to their competititors for free... Hell, if
>> Homer gets to see it he will steal it as its "open" ....
>
> Why should a company merely using GNU/Linux release their 'hard
> earned' code for free?
>
> Oh, you were just looking for an excuse to troll?

The point, I think, is how absurd Homer's claims are. Can you say you agree
with Homer's Communist ideals in terms of IP?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

flatfish+++

Apr 24, 2011, 10:05:12 PM4/24/11

Who cares what it uses?
As long as it works, which it won't.....

Gregory Shearman

Apr 25, 2011, 1:32:02 AM4/25/11
On 2011-04-25, jebblue <n...@n.nnn> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 05:30:35 -0500, Robin T Cox wrote:
>
>> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-
>> boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
>> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>>
>> <quote>
>> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen
>> German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use
>> Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.
>
> This would have been very cool if it weren't for the fact that
> Ubuntu will be ruined in the upcoming version by the switch
> away from standards to the Unity interface and the now defunct
> QT UI platform.

What are you on about? QT isn't defunct. It's up to 4.6.3 on my 64bit
gentoo monster and as far as I'm aware, in active development. It's the
base of KDE.

> Until now I've been a huge fan and also a supporter of Ubuntu.

Get over it and choose another distro, or go back to windows.

--
Regards,
Gregory.

flatfish+++

Apr 25, 2011, 1:38:12 AM4/25/11

+1

TomB

Apr 25, 2011, 4:35:06 AM4/25/11
On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Sinister Midget
III:

> On 2011-04-24, TomB <tommy.b...@gmail.com> claimed:
>> On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>
> (for a loose interpetation of "brain" ^^^^^ )
>
>>> I wonder when they will release their "core software" under the
>>> GPL.
>>
>> What makes you think they should do that?
>
> Idiocy?
>
>>> I hope someone has warned them that if they augment their SW with
>>> GPL code then they must release it ...
>>
>> What makes you think they are going to 'augment' there software
>> with GPL code?
>
> What makes the retard "think" they have to release their code if
> they augment it wirh GPLed code?

Rofl, I even didn't read it like that. But yes, he's actually saying
that software 'augmented' with GPL code must be /released/. What
nonsense.

In any case, nowhere it says that they will incorporate GPL'ed code
into their own software. They will simply use GNU/Linux as the
platform to run it on. And that is brilliant. And that's why Hadron is
being a nasty prick. He just can't grok that Ubuntu will be used by a
large company, because that means he's wrong about it being crap and
not fit for general usage. Fact is: Ubuntu (and GNU/Linux in general)
is *not* crap, and very fit for general usage.

--
Nice party, Hapsburg... I see a lot of familiar face lifts.
~ Frank Drebin

William Poaster

Apr 25, 2011, 6:00:16 AM4/25/11
Gregory Shearman wrote:

> On 2011-04-25, jebblue <n...@n.nnn> wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 05:30:35 -0500, Robin T Cox wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.itworld.com/operating-systems/158431/ubuntu-linux-
>>> boosted-10000-seat-pc-win
>>> http://bit.ly/eZkDpB
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Canonical has taken the wraps off a morale-boosting deal that has seen
>>> German insurance giant LVM Versicherungen convert 10,000 PCs to use
>>> Ubuntu Linux across the company's operations.
>>
>> This would have been very cool if it weren't for the fact that
>> Ubuntu will be ruined in the upcoming version by the switch
>> away from standards to the Unity interface and the now defunct
>> QT UI platform.
>
> What are you on about? QT isn't defunct. It's up to 4.6.3 on my 64bit
> gentoo monster and as far as I'm aware, in active development. It's the
> base of KDE.

It's shown as 4.7.1 here. :-)

>> Until now I've been a huge fan and also a supporter of Ubuntu.
>
> Get over it and choose another distro, or go back to windows.

William Poaster

Apr 25, 2011, 6:01:58 AM4/25/11
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Sinister Midget III wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> On 2011-04-24, TomB <tommy.b...@gmail.com> claimed:
>>> On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>>
>> (for a loose interpetation of "brain" ^^^^^ )
>>
>>> Why should a company merely using GNU/Linux release their 'hard
>>> earned' code for free?
>>>
>>> Oh, you were just looking for an excuse to troll?
>>
>> If that was all that was needed, s/h/it could have trolled anything. It
>> looks more like Queef was looking specifically for another opportunity
>> to be wrong.
>>
>> I guess 200 times a day isn't enough.
>>
>> Have another drink, Larry. You're only getting at being stupid.
>
> I used to think Liquored-Up Larry was dipping his whiskers in alcohol.

Larry "Wishful Drinking" Hadron.

> But I now believe he's a Sterno drinker.

Is that why he gets heated & froths!

--
The world will end in 5 minutes. Please log out.

TomB

Apr 25, 2011, 6:10:04 AM4/25/11
On 2011-04-25, the following emerged from the brain of Snit:

> TomB stated in post 201104242...@usenet.drumscum.be on 4/24/11 2:50
> PM:
>
>>> ,----

>>> `----
>>>
>>> I feel sure they will be more than willing to release their hard
>>> earned SW code base to their competititors for free... Hell, if
>>> Homer gets to see it he will steal it as its "open" ....
>>
>> Why should a company merely using GNU/Linux release their 'hard
>> earned' code for free?
>>
>> Oh, you were just looking for an excuse to troll?
>
> The point, I think, is how absurd Homer's claims are.

What the hell have 'Homer's claims' - absurd or not - to do with the
topic? Nothing. Homer didn't even post in this topic.

> Can you say you agree with Homer's Communist ideals in terms of IP?

If I disagree with Homer, and I feel it's worth mentioning, you'll see
it.

What's up with the elementary school clique mentality in here anyway.
Ooh, he said something silly. You should disagree with him. He cannot
be your friend anymore. Bwaaa.

Hard believe we're dealing with adults here...

--
Meisjes, ze zijn toch zo bizaar, meneer.
Ze komen zelden klaar, meneer. Meisjes.

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 25, 2011, 6:13:33 AM4/25/11
TomB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Sinister Midget
> III:
>> On 2011-04-24, TomB <tommy.b...@gmail.com> claimed:
>>> On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>>
>> (for a loose interpetation of "brain" ^^^^^ )

>>> What makes you think they should do that?
>>
>> Idiocy?

>>> What makes you think they are going to 'augment' there software
>>> with GPL code?
>>
>> What makes the retard "think" they have to release their code if
>> they augment it wirh GPLed code?
>
> Rofl, I even didn't read it like that. But yes, he's actually saying
> that software 'augmented' with GPL code must be /released/. What
> nonsense.
>
> In any case, nowhere it says that they will incorporate GPL'ed code
> into their own software. They will simply use GNU/Linux as the
> platform to run it on. And that is brilliant. And that's why Hadron is
> being a nasty prick.

"Hadron", a nasty prick? Say it ain't so!

> He just can't grok that Ubuntu will be used by a
> large company, because that means he's wrong about it being crap and
> not fit for general usage. Fact is: Ubuntu (and GNU/Linux in general)
> is *not* crap, and very fit for general usage.

You meant "Hadron" is <gasp!> a *liar*?

--
Everything you say is overshadowed by your COLA persona of liar and arse
kisser. You're a piece of work Liarmutt. You know full well I know Debian

Chris

Apr 25, 2011, 6:33:52 AM4/25/11
Am Mon, 25 Apr 2011 11:00:16 +0100 schrieb William Poaster:

>> What are you on about? QT isn't defunct. It's up to 4.6.3 on my 64bit
>> gentoo monster and as far as I'm aware, in active development. It's the
>> base of KDE.
>
> It's shown as 4.7.1 here. :-)

~ % pacman -Q qt
qt 4.7.2-6

And qt programs work as good as qt programs work...

Yet I don't use kde because I really don't like the usability of the
tools. I even don't like how dolphin behaves when resizing the window and
the sidebars or the information bar with for example the preview for
audio files...
Maybe kde 4.7 or 4.8 will be better for me.

William Poaster

Apr 25, 2011, 6:58:39 AM4/25/11
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

Fact is, the Hadron troll couldn't get Ubuntu to work properly. In fact
he whined & moaned *so* much in teh Ubuntu group that most of the regs
binned him after a while, while others challenged the troll to make his
own distro.

Huge wrote
Do you think you could stop responding to Hardon, please?
JG Miller: Sorry. I will try and restrain myself in future.
John F Morse: Thanks from me too.

Perhaps, but I'm not a confirmed liar, troll, MS-shill and waste of
bandwidth.  What have you ever contributed to the world apart from your
cretinous babblings in various newsgroups (where you are mostly
killfiled)?
Christopher Hunter - ,alt.os.linux.ubuntu

You really have gotten much worse lately, you should seek help or stop not
taking your meds.
SINNER - alt.os.linux.ubuntu

And just what have _you_ contributed with in this thread, apart from
your usual bile? Now - begone troll
Jon Solberg - alt.os.linux.ubuntu

You gave no advice at all.  Just more grandstanding and whinnying...
From: Joe <j...@hits-buffalo.no.spam.com>
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

All you're doing is bitching, whining and moaning and generally getting
on people's such as my own's nerves.
Stephan Rose - alt.os.linux.ubuntu

I just wanted to see what Hadron would answer,
since he /complains about everything/ in Linux.
Notice no answer.
caver1 - alt.os.linux.ubuntu

Just don't read the once weekly post if it upsets you so much. By the
time this one post becomes an endless fucking thread that is even more
difficult to avoid. Yes, your griping about that one weekly post. Yes,
seriously. Now /fuck off/.
NoStop - alt.os.linux.ubuntu

It just makes him even more of an asshole. Reading even a quote of his
posts is as unpleasant as discovering dogshit in the house.
-- AZ Nomad -- aolu
M-ID: <slrnic3ldk.j...@ip70-176-155-130.ph.ph.cox.net>

> You meant "Hadron" is <gasp!> a *liar*?

Yup, in short "Hadron is a nasty lying prick". :-)

--
Windows Breakthrough: It finally booted on the first try.

Sinister Midget III

Apr 25, 2011, 7:41:44 AM4/25/11
On 2011-04-25, jebblue <n...@n.nnn> claimed:

Do what I did when RedHat became commercial and stopped producing a
community platform (Fedora came later): vote with your feet.

Thanks to them, I started using Debian and experimenting with live CDs
(which were just starting to come out at that time, too). I've used a
number of Ubuntu offshoots over the years, but I have no hesitation
about moving on again if those that I use start getting screwed up by
retarded decisions. What's underneath is still the same, so it's simply
a matter of learning to deal with minor differences in layout and/or
another gooey.

But Windwoes? Never! EVER! I'd give up computing completely if that's
all there was.

--
I tried an internal modem, but it hurt when I walk.

Sinister Midget III

Apr 25, 2011, 7:45:32 AM4/25/11
On 2011-04-25, Chris <chris...@googlemail.com> claimed:

> Yet I don't use kde because I really don't like the usability of the
> tools. I even don't like how dolphin behaves when resizing the window and
> the sidebars or the information bar with for example the preview for
> audio files...
> Maybe kde 4.7 or 4.8 will be better for me.

I gave up KDE when it went to 4.X. I've tried it a few times since
(most recently about 3 months ago). I still don't like what they've
done.

LXDE works much better on a netbook anyway. That's where I spend all of
my time on the computer. My old desktop has pretty much become a server
to the netbook(s). My own mini-cloud.

--
All programers are optimists.

Gregory Shearman

Apr 25, 2011, 9:00:03 AM4/25/11

I don't use dolphin. I use the CLI as my file manager. It has all th e
tools I need to administer my network.

The best thing for me about QT is the qt libraries. QT makes it easy to
build GUI apps.

KDE also looks great.

DFS

Apr 25, 2011, 9:18:53 AM4/25/11
On 4/25/2011 7:41 AM, Sinister Midget III wrote:

> I've used a number of Ubuntu offshoots over the years,

Tell us again what happened?

> But Windwoes? Never! EVER! I'd give up computing completely if that's
> all there was.

Liar.

Snit

Apr 25, 2011, 10:29:15 AM4/25/11
TomB stated in post 201104251...@usenet.drumscum.be on 4/25/11 3:10
AM:

> On 2011-04-25, the following emerged from the brain of Snit:
>> TomB stated in post 201104242...@usenet.drumscum.be on 4/24/11 2:50
>> PM:

>>> Why should a company merely using GNU/Linux release their 'hard
>>> earned' code for free?
>>>
>>> Oh, you were just looking for an excuse to troll?
>>
>> The point, I think, is how absurd Homer's claims are.
>
> What the hell have 'Homer's claims' - absurd or not - to do with the
> topic? Nothing. Homer didn't even post in this topic.

The topic has been active for some time.

>> Can you say you agree with Homer's Communist ideals in terms of IP?
>
> If I disagree with Homer, and I feel it's worth mentioning, you'll see
> it.
>
> What's up with the elementary school clique mentality in here anyway.

I have been asking that about you and your "advocacy" herd for some time.
Are you now trying to say that people who disagree with Homer's rather naïve
and over-the-top claims are acting as the "advocacy" herd does? If so,
well, you will have a very hard time making that case. It would be like
saying people who disagree with flat-Earthers have some sort of "elementary
school clique mentality"

> Ooh, he said something silly. You should disagree with him. He cannot
> be your friend anymore. Bwaaa.

What? It is not that Homer said one thing silly, he repeatedly pushes an
absolutely absurd world view which is self-contradictory.

> Hard believe we're dealing with adults here...

True, if he was 14 or so I can see where he would not be able to get past
his rather naïve views... but I think he is older than that.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Apr 25, 2011, 10:43:16 AM4/25/11
TomB stated in post 201104251...@usenet.drumscum.be on 4/25/11 1:35
AM:

Fit. Yes. As good of an environment as the alternatives - no reason to
think so (and the evidence suggests otherwise).

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

An Old Friend

Apr 25, 2011, 12:07:24 PM4/25/11
On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 08:35:06 +0000, TomB chiseled
201104251...@usenet.drumscum.be in stone using Trajan:

> And that's why Hadron is being a nasty
> prick. He just can't grok that Ubuntu will be used by a large company,
> because that means he's wrong about it being crap and not fit for
> general usage. Fact is: Ubuntu (and GNU/Linux in general) is *not* crap,
> and very fit for general usage.

I certainly couldn't use it in my classes if it were not fit for general
usage. And I wouldn't use it for engraving music if it didn't produce
professional quality results that have caused other publishers to ask me
how I produced the final product. They thought it was merely the font I
was using, and while Feta is gorgeous, you can't drop it into Finale and
get similar results. That's because Lilypond uses a different paradigm
for engraving.

The more I use Scribus, the more I love it. I feel it's one of the
brightest of the shining stars in the Open Source pantheon.

Hadron

Apr 25, 2011, 11:15:36 AM4/25/11
TomB <tommy.b...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Sinister Midget
> III:
>> On 2011-04-24, TomB <tommy.b...@gmail.com> claimed:
>>> On 2011-04-24, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>>
>> (for a loose interpetation of "brain" ^^^^^ )

>>> What makes you think they should do that?
>>
>> Idiocy?

>>> What makes you think they are going to 'augment' there software
>>> with GPL code?
>>
>> What makes the retard "think" they have to release their code if
>> they augment it wirh GPLed code?

Someone cant read.

> In any case, nowhere it says that they will incorporate GPL'ed code
> into their own software. They will simply use GNU/Linux as the
> platform to run it on. And that is brilliant. And that's why Hadron is

Err, I was talking about their application SW. Stop playing stupid word games.

> being a nasty prick. He just can't grok that Ubuntu will be used by a
> large company, because that means he's wrong about it being crap and
> not fit for general usage. Fact is: Ubuntu (and GNU/Linux in general)
> is *not* crap, and very fit for general usage.

Please quote me saying Linux is crap.

I use Linux you lying little moron.

I think *Ubuntu* is crap. Why? Because they release garbage when its not
ready and their updates hose tens of thousands of users time after time.

DFS

Apr 25, 2011, 11:16:58 AM4/25/11
On 4/25/2011 12:07 PM, An Old Friend wrote:

> The more I use Scribus, the more I love it. I feel it's one of the
> brightest of the shining stars in the Open Source pantheon.

Gawd. Eat some red meat why don'tcha... and read some Elmore Leonard.

Homer

Apr 25, 2011, 1:07:40 PM4/25/11
Verily I say unto thee, that Sinister Midget III spake thusly:

> But Windwoes? Never! EVER! I'd give up computing completely if that's
> all there was.

Ditto.

--
K. | "Linux hackers are on a mission
http://slated.org | from God" ~ The Vatican
Fedora 8 (Werewolf) on sky |
kernel 2.6.31.5, up 69 days | http://tinyurl.com/linuxmission

Homer

Apr 25, 2011, 1:05:24 PM4/25/11
Verily I say unto thee, that TomB spake thusly:

> On 2011-04-25, the following emerged from the brain of Snit:

>> The point, I think, is how absurd Homer's claims are.

> What the hell have 'Homer's claims' - absurd or not - to do with the
> topic? Nothing. Homer didn't even post in this topic.

It looks like I really touched a nerve with Snit some time back, and
he never got over it, so he's hijacked this thread (as usual) with
Red-baiting, to promote his extremist Libertarian agenda.

My only "claims" WRT this news is that a company replacing garbage like
Windows with GNU/Linux is good for them and good for Free Software.

My opinion WRT any other proprietary software they might also use should
be well understood by now, and is wholly irrelevant to that development.

>> Can you say you agree with Homer's Communist ideals in terms of IP?
>
> If I disagree with Homer, and I feel it's worth mentioning, you'll see
> it.

Snit is an idiot if he thinks software freedom is "communism". If that
were the case, then the entire world would have been "communists" prior
to the enactment of the Statute of Monopolies in 1624.

"IP" is an unnatural and unethical imposition, and has no bearing on
/real/ property whatsoever. Software freedom (and intellectual freedom
in general) is about opposing the perversion of something that clearly
should never have been defined as "property" in the first place, and
wasn't for most of mankind's history, and has absolutely nothing to do
with the communist ideal of redistributing wealth.

The principle of software freedom is about the inalienable right of
unrestricted access to and utilisation of public knowledge, not
"property". Period.

But again, this has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Nearly every
company in the world that uses Free Software also uses proprietary
software. That's hardly news. What's newsworthy is a Windows closed-shop
switching to GNU/Linux.

Snit

Apr 25, 2011, 2:17:29 PM4/25/11
Homer stated in post k7mg88-...@sky.matrix on 4/25/11 10:05 AM:

> Verily I say unto thee, that TomB spake thusly:
>> On 2011-04-25, the following emerged from the brain of Snit:
>
>>> The point, I think, is how absurd Homer's claims are.
>>
>> What the hell have 'Homer's claims' - absurd or not - to do with the
>> topic? Nothing. Homer didn't even post in this topic.
>
> It looks like I really touched a nerve with Snit some time back, and
> he never got over it, so he's hijacked this thread (as usual) with
> Red-baiting, to promote his extremist Libertarian agenda.

My "Libertarian agenda" is this: I think people should have the rights to
what they create.

How horrible!

> My only "claims" WRT this news is that a company replacing garbage like
> Windows with GNU/Linux is good for them and good for Free Software.
>
> My opinion WRT any other proprietary software they might also use should
> be well understood by now, and is wholly irrelevant to that development.
>
>>> Can you say you agree with Homer's Communist ideals in terms of IP?
>>
>> If I disagree with Homer, and I feel it's worth mentioning, you'll see
>> it.
>
> Snit is an idiot if he thinks software freedom is "communism".

You keep talking about how you think IP should be communal property. How is
that not a communist ideal toward IP?

As far as software freedom, that no more exists than does "rock freedom".
Rocks and software have no rights - they are things.

> If that were the case, then the entire world would have been "communists"
> prior to the enactment of the Statute of Monopolies in 1624.

How much software was there then? LOL!

Oh, and you have repeatedly been shown how there were concerns about IP long
before then.

And below you repeat your drivel about how IP should communal. Your
communist ideals (in terms of IP). The very ones you claimed I was an
"idiot" to recognize you have.

Please make up your mind.

> "IP" is an unnatural and unethical imposition, and has no bearing on
> /real/ property whatsoever. Software freedom (and intellectual freedom
> in general) is about opposing the perversion of something that clearly
> should never have been defined as "property" in the first place, and
> wasn't for most of mankind's history, and has absolutely nothing to do
> with the communist ideal of redistributing wealth.

So you do not believe IP should be communal?

> The principle of software freedom is about the inalienable right of
> unrestricted access to and utilisation of public knowledge, not
> "property". Period.

Knowledge should be communal... but this is not a communist ideal in terms
of that knowledge?

Huh?

As noted: your views are poorly thought out and rather naïve. You claim
this "touched a nerve" of mine... no more than any other clearly poorly
thought out claims made in COLA. :)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

DFS

Apr 25, 2011, 4:09:58 PM4/25/11
On 4/25/2011 1:07 PM, Homer wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Sinister Midget III spake thusly:
>
>> But Windwoes? Never! EVER! I'd give up computing completely if that's
>> all there was.
>
> Ditto.

Brazen dirtbag liar.

By your own admission you used Windows for at least 7 years after
claiming "That was the final straw."

Fact is, you use Windows to this very day - I know it and you know it.

Hadron

Apr 25, 2011, 4:14:18 PM4/25/11
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> writes:

The COLAtard "advocates" seem to be in free fall. That nasty little
sycophantic Chris Ahlstrom is calling people "shitheads" now and
modifying their posts, Jed seems to have just given up on ANY form of
research before he posts his nonsense, Homer has proven he hasn't a clue
about the GPL and FOSS, Dumb Willy Poaster is openly repeating the same
lies despite links being provided to prove he is lying. I could go on.

What is wrong with these people?

flatfish+++

Apr 25, 2011, 4:23:19 PM4/25/11

It's really starting to show how much they LIE for LIEnux.
Bizarre.

They have reached the point where they are simply making things up.
Facts don't even matter to most of them anymore.

And then there is the sugary type that dance all over the place with 500
word posts that say the same thing over and over again.

Like I said, bizarre.

TomB

Apr 25, 2011, 4:31:36 PM4/25/11
On 2011-04-25, the following emerged from the brain of Sinister Midget
III:

> On 2011-04-25, Chris <chris...@googlemail.com> claimed:
>
>> Yet I don't use kde because I really don't like the usability of
>> the tools. I even don't like how dolphin behaves when resizing the
>> window and the sidebars or the information bar with for example the
>> preview for audio files... Maybe kde 4.7 or 4.8 will be better for
>> me.
>
> I gave up KDE when it went to 4.X. I've tried it a few times since
> (most recently about 3 months ago). I still don't like what they've
> done.
>
> LXDE works much better on a netbook anyway. That's where I spend all
> of my time on the computer. My old desktop has pretty much become a
> server to the netbook(s). My own mini-cloud.

Same here. Ever since I got into laptop, I rarely sit at the desktop
machine anymore. I still use it a lot though. Even now my current
screen session is on my desktop, but in use on the laptop.

About KDE 4.x, I think it looks great, but it can be 'glitchy' at
times. Only OpenSuse does a decent job on packaging KDE4.x IMO.

--
If we could perpetually do blowjobs to every guy on earth, we would
own the world. And at the same time have our hands free.

Big Steel

Apr 25, 2011, 4:51:48 PM4/25/11

Yeah, COLA and Linux what a joke this place is...... :)

Gregory Shearman

Apr 25, 2011, 4:52:28 PM4/25/11
On 2011-04-25, TomB <tommy.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> About KDE 4.x, I think it looks great, but it can be 'glitchy' at
> times. Only OpenSuse does a decent job on packaging KDE4.x IMO.

Have you tried it on Gentoo? I don't have any problems with it at all.

An Old Friend

Apr 25, 2011, 6:17:58 PM4/25/11

O HAI! -_-

<waves hand>

Oh DFS, if you were a font, which one would you be? There are so many to
choose from, I can't decide ...

DFS

Apr 25, 2011, 5:25:16 PM4/25/11
On 4/25/2011 4:23 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 22:14:18 +0200, Hadron wrote:
>
>> DFS<nos...@dfs.com> writes:

>>> Brazen dirtbag liar.
>>>
>>> By your own admission you used Windows for at least 7 years after claiming "That
>>> was the final straw."
>>>
>>> Fact is, you use Windows to this very day - I know it and you know it.
>>
>> The COLAtard "advocates" seem to be in free fall. That nasty little
>> sycophantic Chris Ahlstrom is calling people "shitheads" now and
>> modifying their posts, Jed seems to have just given up on ANY form of
>> research before he posts his nonsense, Homer has proven he hasn't a clue
>> about the GPL and FOSS, Dumb Willy Poaster is openly repeating the same
>> lies despite links being provided to prove he is lying. I could go on.
>>
>> What is wrong with these people?
>
> It's really starting to show how much they LIE for LIEnux.
> Bizarre.
>
> They have reached the point where they are simply making things up.
> Facts don't even matter to most of them anymore.

The fools have been lying repeatedly today:

* Dumb Willie Poaster quoting a Microsoft SEC filing that does not
substantiate his lie, but claiming it does.

* Homer and Gidget each brazenly lying that if Windows were the only
choice they wouldn't use computers at all.

* 7 spewing his idiocy that desktop Linux is 7% overall, and probably
12% to 14% in Asian countries.

And the evening is still young!

> And then there is the sugary type that dance all over the place with 500
> word posts that say the same thing over and over again.

Gooblin does that a lot, I notice. I recently called him out for lying
that Microsoft turned existing KIN devices into "lifeless bricks" just
because they quit making them.

Gooblin's drooling response:

"Firstly yes, now I see it in context I can say I definitely did post that.

Now its obvious that the Kin isn't actually "killed" its a term used by
many people and I don't think anyone would believe that the Kin actually
turned into a brick, so its fair to say, in the context above that its a
description, an imagining if you will to say that after all the ads, all
the fuss, and all the championing by certain individuals it was
certainly in my view a rather large failure.

Of course you may disagree. How would you describe the Kin then and
Microsoft decisions around it?"

Droooooolllll!!!!!

> Like I said, bizarre.

Vermin or scum is the right word. It's a childish inability to deal
with the world as it is.

DFS

Apr 25, 2011, 5:31:46 PM4/25/11

Is there a heterosexual font?

TomB

Apr 25, 2011, 6:13:40 PM4/25/11
On 2011-04-25, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:

> Homer has proven he hasn't a clue about the GPL and FOSS (...)

Rofl, and this comes from a guy who thinks that software augmented
with GPL'ed code *must* be released. Brilliant!

--
Women should be obscene and not heard.
~ Groucho Marx

Sinister Midget III

Apr 25, 2011, 8:33:48 PM4/25/11
On 2011-04-25, TomB <tommy.b...@gmail.com> claimed:

> On 2011-04-25, the following emerged from the brain of Sinister Midget
> III:

>> LXDE works much better on a netbook anyway. That's where I spend all

>> of my time on the computer. My old desktop has pretty much become a
>> server to the netbook(s). My own mini-cloud.
>
> Same here. Ever since I got into laptop, I rarely sit at the desktop
> machine anymore. I still use it a lot though. Even now my current
> screen session is on my desktop, but in use on the laptop.

I use the old desktop for mail (off and on), usenet, some access
control for things coming in from outside of the house and content
filtering (still) for Sinister Jr. I have a script running there that
backs up some of what's on that machine, as well as an extra drive used
by the lovely and gracious Mrs. Midget.

I can only imagine how much work it would be to do that on Windummie
OSen. Also, I'll never know how much it would cost me to do it with
that instead of doing what I do for free. Not counting donations I
make, of course, which are strictly voluntary. But even including those
donations, I'm absolutely certain doing what I do costs me far less
than trying to use the Borg's crapware and its associated crutch
industry. And it's less prone to bugginess, too.

--
Black holes suck.

Snit

Apr 25, 2011, 8:50:42 PM4/25/11
Sinister Midget III stated in post cggh88-...@home.harry.net on 4/25/11
5:33 PM:

No bias from you, eh? LOL!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

An Old Friend

Apr 25, 2011, 10:23:27 PM4/25/11
On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:31:46 -0400, DFS chiseled
ip4p87$fl2$2...@dont-email.me in stone using Trajan:

I suppose Akzidenz-Grotesk could be you. :P

I'm Century Schoolbook, of course. :)

flatfish+++

Apr 25, 2011, 10:51:23 PM4/25/11
On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:25:16 -0400, DFS wrote:

> The fools have been lying repeatedly today:
>
> * Dumb Willie Poaster quoting a Microsoft SEC filing that does not
> substantiate his lie, but claiming it does.

That one is truly amazing.
It's like cut and dried.
You posted the link to the report and Willian Poaster was caught dead
wrong, once again.
Yet the Linux loons are still trying to defend him via word games.

> * Homer and Gidget each brazenly lying that if Windows were the only
> choice they wouldn't use computers at all.

Yea.
Like anyone actually believes that.
Both of them are running Windows in some form right now.
Just like most if not all Linux loons.

> * 7 spewing his idiocy that desktop Linux is 7% overall, and probably
> 12% to 14% in Asian countries.

He is just insane.
And the Linux loons refuse to admit he is a liar and a fraud.

> And the evening is still young!

Don't worry, they will top themselves.
Every time I think I have seen it all, they manage to make things worse.

>> And then there is the sugary type that dance all over the place with 500
>> word posts that say the same thing over and over again.
>
> Gooblin does that a lot, I notice. I recently called him out for lying
> that Microsoft turned existing KIN devices into "lifeless bricks" just
> because they quit making them.

So does Old Friend.

> Gooblin's drooling response:
>
> "Firstly yes, now I see it in context I can say I definitely did post that.
>
> Now its obvious that the Kin isn't actually "killed" its a term used by
> many people and I don't think anyone would believe that the Kin actually
> turned into a brick, so its fair to say, in the context above that its a
> description, an imagining if you will to say that after all the ads, all
> the fuss, and all the championing by certain individuals it was
> certainly in my view a rather large failure.
>
> Of course you may disagree. How would you describe the Kin then and
> Microsoft decisions around it?"
>

> Droooooolllll!!!!!

He's a piece of work.
He plays that sugary role on the podcast as well.
It's quite sickening to listen to.

Roy, Gorden and that new kid on the block Rusty don't act like that.
They tell their position, loony or not, most times it's loony but even
still the listener can take it or leave it.
That's fair enough.

>> Like I said, bizarre.
>
> Vermin or scum is the right word. It's a childish inability to deal
> with the world as it is.

I wonder how much of it is a game and how much they really believe?
I find it difficult to believe that grown people can act like say Chris
Ahlstrom does.

If they really believe even 1/2 the crap they spew, then COLA is indeed
the lowest form of cesspit on USENET.

flatfish+++

Apr 25, 2011, 10:51:50 PM4/25/11

<snicker> !

Homer

Apr 25, 2011, 11:07:43 PM4/25/11
Verily I say unto thee, that TomB spake thusly:

> On 2011-04-25, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>>
>> Homer has proven

That's proved not proven. Proven is the passive voice ("is proven", "has
been proven" "may be proven"). "Proved" is the active voice ("I proved",
"I have proved", "Homer has proved").

> he hasn't a clue about the GPL and FOSS (...)

Why, because I know the difference between open and Free?

> Rofl, and this comes from a guy who thinks that software augmented
> with GPL'ed code *must* be released. Brilliant!

I can prove it's a proven fact that Hadron has proved nothing but his
own lack of proof.

--
K. | "Linux hackers are on a mission
http://slated.org | from God" ~ The Vatican
Fedora 8 (Werewolf) on sky |

kernel 2.6.31.5, up 70 days | http://tinyurl.com/linuxmission

Homer

Apr 25, 2011, 11:21:15 PM4/25/11
Verily I say unto thee, that An Old Friend spake thusly:

I'd be the Liberation font.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_fonts

Here's one for DooFy:

http://www.sostars.com/tannenberg-fett-nazi-font/

Hadron

Apr 25, 2011, 11:57:47 PM4/25/11
Homer <use...@slated.org> writes:

> Verily I say unto thee, that TomB spake thusly:
>> On 2011-04-25, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>>>
>>> Homer has proven
>
> That's proved not proven. Proven is the passive voice ("is proven", "has
> been proven" "may be proven"). "Proved" is the active voice ("I proved",
> "I have proved", "Homer has proved").
>
>> he hasn't a clue about the GPL and FOSS (...)
>
> Why, because I know the difference between open and Free?
>
>> Rofl, and this comes from a guy who thinks that software augmented
>> with GPL'ed code *must* be released. Brilliant!

As usual TomB is showing his cluelessness AGAIN.

This is going to be fun...

The seed was planted. It's almost harvest time once again....

> I can prove it's a proven fact that Hadron has proved nothing but his
> own lack of proof.

The only thing you prove time and time and time again is that you're an
idiot.

How IS that GPL 3 distro you promised us coming along?

Snit

Apr 26, 2011, 2:46:36 AM4/26/11
Homer stated in post vgph88-...@sky.matrix on 4/25/11 8:07 PM:

> Verily I say unto thee, that TomB spake thusly:
>> On 2011-04-25, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>>>
>>> Homer has proven
>
> That's proved not proven. Proven is the passive voice ("is proven", "has
> been proven" "may be proven"). "Proved" is the active voice ("I proved",
> "I have proved", "Homer has proved").
>
>> he hasn't a clue about the GPL and FOSS (...)
>
> Why, because I know the difference between open and Free?

You do repeatedly speak poorly of IP in general and then well of the GPL in
specific without reconciling why you think with the GPL it is fine to define
IP rights.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 26, 2011, 6:20:52 AM4/26/11
Hadron wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> The COLAtard "advocates" seem to be in free fall. That nasty little
> sycophantic Chris Ahlstrom is calling people "shitheads" now and

> modifying their posts, ...

Correction. I called only the nasty troll "Hadron" a shithead, which he is.

And I flagged the modification. A modification made to be
more in line with the truth.

And, immediately, "Hadron" turns it into an excuse to lie.

Wottasurprise.

Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into a lie?
Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into an insult?
Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into a poncy foot-stomping whine?

--
And I am loving Microsoft where in that post Creepy? Oops. Another
Raytard like "FAIL" from you. Tell me, did you even read it before

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 26, 2011, 6:24:14 AM4/26/11
Homer wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Verily I say unto thee, that An Old Friend spake thusly:
>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:31:46 -0400, DFS chiseled
>> ip4p87$fl2$2...@dont-email.me in stone using Trajan:

>>> Is there a heterosexual font?
>>
>> I suppose Akzidenz-Grotesk could be you. :P
>>
>> I'm Century Schoolbook, of course. :)
>
> I'd be the Liberation font.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_fonts
>
> Here's one for DooFy:
>
> http://www.sostars.com/tannenberg-fett-nazi-font/

Hail the sig!

Anyway, I've been using Windows 7's Segoe UI font on my fluxbox desktop
lately, but I've grabbed the Coconut font from my Palm Pixi and it
looks even better.

--
I want to reach your mind -- where is it currently located?

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 26, 2011, 6:38:06 AM4/26/11
Homer wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Here's one for DooFy:
>
> http://www.sostars.com/tannenberg-fett-nazi-font/

I noticed the install instructions for Linux there:

Copy the font files (.ttf or .otf) to fonts:/// in the File manager.

Is that URL a Nautilus or KDE thing?

--
I'm free -- and freedom tastes of reality.
-- The Who

William Poaster

Apr 26, 2011, 6:54:42 AM4/26/11
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Hadron wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> The COLAtard "advocates" seem to be in free fall. That nasty little
>> sycophantic Chris Ahlstrom is calling people "shitheads" now and
>> modifying their posts, ...
>
> Correction. I called only the nasty troll "Hadron" a shithead, which he is.
>
> And I flagged the modification. A modification made to be
> more in line with the truth.
>
> And, immediately, "Hadron" turns it into an excuse to lie.
>
> Wottasurprise.
>
> Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into a lie?
> Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into an insult?
> Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into a poncy foot-stomping whine?

'Twas ever thus. He did it in aolu, & no doubt in other groups.
As someone pointed out in aolu:
"With a shitty attitude like "Hadron" has, it's no wonder he's
binned/ignored by so many. Add me to the list."

--
"!sgub evah t'nseod CP sihT ?sgub naem ayaddahW"
"Microsoft has vast resources, literally billions of dollars in cash, or liquid assets reserves.
Microsoft is an incredibly successful empire built on the premise of market dominance with low-quality goods."
-- Former White House adviser Richard A. Clarke --

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 26, 2011, 8:10:48 AM4/26/11
William Poaster wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Hadron wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> The COLAtard "advocates" seem to be in free fall. That nasty little
>>> sycophantic Chris Ahlstrom is calling people "shitheads" now and
>>> modifying their posts, ...
>>
>> Correction. I called only the nasty troll "Hadron" a shithead, which he is.
>>
>> And I flagged the modification. A modification made to be
>> more in line with the truth.
>>
>> And, immediately, "Hadron" turns it into an excuse to lie.
>>
>> Wottasurprise.
>>
>> Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into a lie?
>> Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into an insult?
>> Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into a poncy foot-stomping whine?
>
> 'Twas ever thus. He did it in aolu, & no doubt in other groups.
> As someone pointed out in aolu:
> "With a shitty attitude like "Hadron" has, it's no wonder he's
> binned/ignored by so many. Add me to the list."

"Hadron" is also a blatant (and pusillanimous) Google seeder.

Although "Hadron" would prefer you call him a "Bing" seeder, no doubt.

--
"Have you tried Bing? I quite like it." - "True Linux advocate"
Hadron Quark

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 8:16:28 AM4/26/11
TomB wrote:

> Hadron quacked:

>> Homer has proven he hasn't a clue about the GPL and FOSS (...)
>
>Rofl, and this comes from a guy who thinks that software augmented
>with GPL'ed code *must* be released. Brilliant!

It's Larry Qualig's upside-down world, where the clueless liars like
him are the ones with all the credibility.

--
"I was told in answer number 1 that if I use GPL SW I must release my
source too." - Hadron Quark, lying shamelessly

robo-rob

Apr 26, 2011, 8:23:26 AM4/26/11

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> TomB wrote:
>

> It's Larry Qualig's upside-down world, where the clueless liars like
> him are the ones with all the credibility.

and I am sure that a lieing piece of shit like you has proof that he is
Larry Qualig.

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a stupid piece of shit.

Hadron

Apr 26, 2011, 8:53:32 AM4/26/11
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> writes:

> Hadron wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> The COLAtard "advocates" seem to be in free fall. That nasty little
>> sycophantic Chris Ahlstrom is calling people "shitheads" now and
>> modifying their posts, ...
>
> Correction. I called only the nasty troll "Hadron" a shithead, which he is.
>
> And I flagged the modification. A modification made to be
> more in line with the truth.

Yet it wasn't. You are telling lies again.

> And, immediately, "Hadron" turns it into an excuse to lie.

What lie?

> Wottasurprise.
>
> Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into a lie?

Link one lie please.

> Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into an insult?
> Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into a poncy foot-stomping
> whine?

Says the nasty little hypocrite whining. The nasty little hypocrite who
calls people "fuckheads", "cunts" and "shitheads". The nasty little
hypocrite who boasts about his Windows related income. The nasty little
hypocrite who claims to be a world class programmer and yet doesnt know
its illegal to dereference a null pointer in C. The nasty little
hypocrite who lied about me warning him about the nvidia driver.

I could go on.

But posters here aren't as dim as you would have yourself believe. They
DO remember all of these incidents.

You need to shut up and stop bringing attention to yourself. It's
madness on your part IMO.

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 9:12:20 AM4/26/11
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Quack snotted:

>> The COLAtard "advocates" seem to be in free fall.

Poor Larry. You've been spewing the same lies for years now. Who
cares?

>> That nasty little
>> sycophantic Chris Ahlstrom is calling people "shitheads" now and
>> modifying their posts, ...
>
>Correction. I called only the nasty troll "Hadron" a shithead, which he is.
>
>And I flagged the modification. A modification made to be
>more in line with the truth.
>
>And, immediately, "Hadron" turns it into an excuse to lie.
>
>Wottasurprise.
>
>Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into a lie?
>Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into an insult?
>Why does everything "Hadron" posts devolve into a poncy foot-stomping whine?

"Hadron" is a liar. "Hadron" is a POS.

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 26, 2011, 9:34:28 AM4/26/11
chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> "Hadron" is a liar. "Hadron" is a POS.

That is manifestly the case.

--
paycheck:
The weekly $5.27 that remains after deductions for federal

Ezekiel

Apr 26, 2011, 9:49:02 AM4/26/11

"robo-rob" <C...@nosuchmail.com> wrote in message

> "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> TomB wrote:
>>

>> It's Larry Qualig's upside-down world, where the clueless liars like
>> him are the ones with all the credibility.
>>

> and I am sure that a lieing piece of shit like you has proof that he is
> Larry Qualig.

chrisv is constantly saying how the trolls are attacking the decent and
honest advocates. So I'll make this real simple for you:

"... Larry Qualig's upside-down world, ... clueless liars like him... "

Simply show some proof that Hadron is Larry Qualig. If you can't then you
are a lying piece of shit just like people say you are.

> "chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a stupid piece of shit.

I'm sure he'll be providing proof for his claim real soon.

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 10:24:24 AM4/26/11
Ezekiel wrote:

>chrisv is constantly saying how the trolls are attacking the decent and
>honest advocates.

Yep.

>Simply show some proof that Hadron is Larry Qualig.

Evidence has been presented.

>If you can't then you
>are a lying piece of shit just like people say you are.

Another bald-face "Ezekiel" lie. Documented.

Poor "Ezekiel", your hypocrisy knows no bounds, does it?

You, who spew all sorts of filthy, dishonest attacks and then defend
them as "opinions", now demands "proof" of mine.

And why not use the proper term, which would be "evidence", you
*stupid* POS?

Is it because you're a patently dishonest POS, or because you're a
fscking idiot who doesn't understand the difference?

>I'm sure he'll be providing proof for his claim real soon.

Evidence has been presented, and I honestly believe that he is Larry
Qualig.

That's no lie, and anyone who claims that that it is is a liar.

OTOH...

"Ezekiel" *cannot* honestly believe things like "each and every
advocate happens to support the one and only party-line that
Schestowitz defined for them."

"Ezekiel" *cannot* honestly believe that we are "hypocrites" because
we think that certain things that are A-OK when done in a normal,
competitive situation, but objectional when done by a company that
already has extraordinary power in the market.

--
"Evidence and proof are essentially the same thing you idiot." -
trolling fsckwit Ezekiel

Hadron

Apr 26, 2011, 10:28:08 AM4/26/11
"Ezekiel" <ze...@nosuchmail.com> writes:

chrisv is simply a useless turd. I am not and never have been Larry
anything. He knows it, his new lickspittle Ahlstrom knows it but they
think if they repeat it often enough it will become the truth.

Only William Poaster is more useless than the chrisv turd.

He needs flushing away.

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 10:32:30 AM4/26/11
Ezekiel wrote:

> If you can't then you are a lying piece of shit just like people say you are.

Oh, and the only lying pieces of shit, like you and "osok", have ever
leveled said any such thing.

--
"This advocate thing about predicting the death of MS/Apple and the
rise of Linux desktops went from nonsense to stupid to downright

Ezekiel

Apr 26, 2011, 10:51:51 AM4/26/11

"Hadron" <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Facts don't seem to interfere with the little "he's Larry" circle-jerk these
clowns created for themselves.

Maybe you are - maybe you're not but I have no idea. But I'm not going to
lie about it and claim that you're him.

Ezekiel

Apr 26, 2011, 10:51:56 AM4/26/11

> Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> If you can't then you are a lying piece of shit just like people say you
>> are.
>
> Oh, and the only lying pieces of shit, like

<quote>

"... Larry Qualig's upside-down world, ... clueless liars like him... "

Simply show some proof that Hadron is Larry Qualig. If you can't then you

are a lying piece of shit just like people say you are.

</quote>

I'll take this as a NO - you have zero proof and a admission that you're a
proven liar for continually claiming that he is.

We're done here.

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 12:20:43 PM4/26/11
Ezekiel wrote:

>I'll take this as a NO - you have zero proof

Poor "Ezekiel". Don't you know that you can't beat me with your lies
and your idiocy?

What part of "evidence has been presented" do you not understand?

>and a admission that you're a proven liar for continually claiming that he is.

LOL!

This, from the POS who is *constantly* spewing *lies* so that he can
accuse us of being "hypocrites", but claiming that they are only
"opinions".

*Guffaw* You can't make this shit up!

>We're done here.

No you're not done. You will continue to lie your ass off, if it
makes an attack against one of your superiors.

Your *lies* are motivated by your desire to *attack* us as
"hypocrites".

OTOH, calling someone "Larry" is not an attack.

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 12:22:56 PM4/26/11
Ezekiel wrote:

>Facts don't seem to interfere with the little "he's Larry" circle-jerk these
>clowns created for themselves.

Facts don't seem to interfere with your lies about use being "sheeple"
and "freetards" and "hypocrites", you POS.

>Maybe you are - maybe you're not but I have no idea. But I'm not going to
>lie about it and claim that you're him.

Just because I can't prove it 100% doesn't make it a lie, fsckwit.

I have my reasons, which I have discussed previously.

--
"(The iPad is) only limited and locked down by some artificial
definition of the term that's completely irrelevant to most every

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 12:38:12 PM4/26/11
chrisv wrote:

Why has "Ezekiel" not responded to any of the above?

It appears that "Ezekiel" has me filtered, and therefore can safely
ignore anything that I write but has not been quoted by someone else.

Makes it a bit difficult to have a "fair" argument, I would say!

Ezekiel

Apr 26, 2011, 12:46:49 PM4/26/11

> chrisv wrote:
>
>>Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>>>chrisv is constantly saying how the trolls are attacking the decent and
>>>honest advocates.
>>
>>Yep.
>>
>>>Simply show some proof that Hadron is Larry Qualig.
>>
>>Evidence has been presented.

Another LIE. Well done turd - you're now covering up your current lies with
more lies. Where exactly is this "evidence" that's been presented?

>>You, who spew all sorts of filthy, dishonest attacks and then defend
>>them as "opinions", now demands "proof" of mine.

Learn to read because I'm not demanding anything turd. *You* are the one
who is constantly accusing others of lying ("You, who spew dishonest
attacks..." , "liars like Larry Qualig", etc) - yet you're the piece of shit
liar.

You claimed Hadron is Larry - prove it liar.
You claimed "evidence" has been presented - prove it liar.

The "prove it" is rhetorical. I don't demand or expect any proof because I
know that a piece of shit liar like you can not and will not provide
anything to backup you lies.

Ezekiel

Apr 26, 2011, 12:54:15 PM4/26/11

"Ezekiel" <ze...@nosuchmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Evidence has been presented.
>>>

> Another LIE. Well done turd - you're now covering up your current lies
> with more lies. Where exactly is this "evidence" that's been presented?
>

> You claimed Hadron is Larry - prove it liar.
> You claimed "evidence" has been presented - prove it liar.

Or to put this another way that even a tart like you might be able to
understand.

I've written *opinions* that you claim are lies because you're too stupid to
tell the difference between a statement of fact and an opinion.

Your posts are NOT opinions- you have *clearly* posted statements of fact:

- 'Evidence has been presented.'
- 'Hadron is Larry Qualig.'

These aren't opinions turd - you're claiming FACTS and these are FACTS that
you know are wrong. This makes *you* a LIAR. Get it turd?

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 1:14:10 PM4/26/11
Ezekiel wrote:

>"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> chrisv wrote:

>>>Yep.

>>>Evidence has been presented.
>
>Another LIE.

On your part, "Ezekiel".

Another bald-faced "Ezekiel" lie. Documented.

Prove that evidence has not been presented. Ever.

You fscking *hypocrite*.

>Well done turd - you're now covering up your current lies with
>more lies.

Yet more "Ezekiel" bald-faced lies. Documented.

You're now trying to covering up your current lies with more lies,
"Ezekiel".

>Where exactly is this "evidence" that's been presented?

In past discussions regarding the issue.

Do you think this is the first time this has been discussed, you
*stupid* fscking asshole??

You think we came to our opinion just "out of the blue", you *stupid*
fscking asshole?

It's a *reasonable* opinion, unlike the *obviously false* claims you
make about us.

>>>You, who spew all sorts of filthy, dishonest attacks and then defend
>>>them as "opinions", now demands "proof" of mine.
>
>Learn to read because I'm not demanding anything turd. *You* are the one
>who is constantly accusing others of lying ("You, who spew dishonest
>attacks..." , "liars like Larry Qualig", etc) -

That's right.

> yet you're the piece of shit liar.

Nope. You are a piece of shit liar, "Ezekiel", as is well-documented,
on *many* issues.

OTOH, I honestly believe Quack is Larry.

>You claimed Hadron is Larry - prove it liar.
>You claimed "evidence" has been presented -

It has.

On more than one occasion, the similarites of what Larry and "Hadron"
post has been discussed.

The "Huh?" attack.

The "What on Earth are you talking about" attack.

The attacks on Andrew's sig.

It goes on.

> prove it liar.

You are the liar, "Ezekiel". Proven time and again.

You can't beat me with yuor lies, "Ezekiel".

>The "prove it" is rhetorical. I don't demand or expect any proof because I
>know that a piece of shit liar like you can not and will not provide
>anything to backup you lies.

LOL!

One side of the trolling fsckwit's mouth: "I can attack you with
*clearly wrong* bullshit and claim it's just 'opinions'."

Other side of the trolling fsckwit's mouth: "Unless you can 'prove it'
you are a 'piece of shit liar'."

*Guffaw* What a *shameless piece of shit liar and hypocrite this
"Ezekiel" is!

robo-rob

Apr 26, 2011, 1:20:35 PM4/26/11

stupid piece of shit "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Quack snotted:
>>>
>>> The COLAtard "advocates" seem to be in free fall.
>
> Poor Larry. You've been spewing the same lies for years now. Who
> cares?

poor chrisv. always the dumbest fscking piece of shit.

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a piece of shit.

robo-rob

Apr 26, 2011, 1:22:14 PM4/26/11

fscking asshole "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> [...]

poor chrisv turd - s/h/it tries to hard to pretend he has a brain.

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 1:22:53 PM4/26/11
Ezekiel wrote:

>You claimed Hadron is Larry - prove it liar.

Can anyone believe that *this* is an issue where "Ezekiel" feels that
he's got a strong-enough case to go an a big offensive to demonstrate
that I "lied".

My inability to "prove" that "Hadron" is Larry makes me a "liar" for
saying that I think he is?

I mean, WTF?

*This* is what he bases his hopes and dreams of finally catching me in
a "lie"?

Is this guy the biggest idiot on USENET, or just unbelievably
desperate for "victory" after getting his ass kicked all the time?

One side of the fsckwit's mouth: I can call you guys "hypocrites"
*constantly* for made-up non-reasons that I call "opinions".

Other side of the fsckwit's mouth: You called him "Larry". You are a
"piece of shit liar" unless you can "prove it".

William Poaster

Apr 26, 2011, 1:21:23 PM4/26/11
chrisv wrote:

Fair argument with that wintroll? Surely you jest!

"Never argue with idiots. First they drag you down to their level,
then they beat you with their experience." -- Dilbert --

--
Earth is 98% full...please delete anyone you can.

William Poaster

Apr 26, 2011, 1:24:11 PM4/26/11
chrisv wrote:

> Ezekiel wrote:
>
>>"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

>>Another LIE.
>
> On your part, "Ezekiel".

Yes, methinks she doth protest too much.

<snip>

--
Windows Breakthrough: It finally booted on the first try.

Ezekiel

Apr 26, 2011, 1:27:57 PM4/26/11

>> Where exactly is this "evidence" that's been presented?

> Prove that evidence has not been presented. Ever.
>
> You fscking *hypocrite*.

Here's how things work retard - you made a claim ("Evidence has been
presented").

It's not my job to prove that "evidence has not been presented." The person
who made the claim (that's you turd) is the one who needs to prove his or
her claim.

Even a completely clueless piece of shit liar like you might have the
required dozen or so braincells to figure this out.

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 1:28:18 PM4/26/11
Ezekiel wrote:

>I've written *opinions* that you claim are lies because you're too stupid to
>tell the difference between a statement of fact and an opinion.

Nope. You are a liar.

>Your posts are NOT opinions- you have *clearly* posted statements of fact:

See below, you piece of shit liar.

>- 'Evidence has been presented.'

It has.

>- 'Hadron is Larry Qualig.'

You are lying again, "Ezekiel". I have not stated that I know for
certain that they are the same. I said I *think* they are the same.

You can't beat me with your lies, "Ezekiel".

>These aren't opinions turd

You are mispresenting things, you shameless liar.

>- you're claiming FACTS and these are FACTS that
>you know are wrong.

Nope. You are a bald-face liar, "Ezekiel".

It is a *fact* that evidence has been presented in the past.

It is a *fact* that I think that "Hadron" is Larry.

>This makes *you* a LIAR. Get it turd?

Nope. This makes *you* a LIAR. Get it, fsckwit?

When will you learn that you cannot beat me with your lies, "Ezekiel"?

TomB

Apr 26, 2011, 1:30:22 PM4/26/11
On 2011-04-26, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that TomB spake thusly:

>>> Rofl, and this comes from a guy who thinks that software augmented
>>> with GPL'ed code *must* be released. Brilliant!
>
> As usual TomB is showing his cluelessness AGAIN.
>
> This is going to be fun...
>
> The seed was planted. It's almost harvest time once again....

Then harvest. Bring it on. Have your fun.

--
You can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with just
a kind word.

Ezekiel

Apr 26, 2011, 1:31:30 PM4/26/11

"Ezekiel" <ze...@nosuchmail.com> wrote in message

And one last thing.... Buh-bye turd. This latest post of yours ("prove that
evidence has not been presented") demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt
how fscking stupid you are.

Thanks for reminding me again why there is no need to waste my time with
someone as ridiculously stupid as you. I'll continue to avoid you the same
way that I avoid a steaming pile of dog-shit on the sidewalk.

robo-rob

Apr 26, 2011, 1:33:36 PM4/26/11

useless piece of shhit "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

more documented lies from the stupid piece of shit.

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a worthless piece of shit.

robo-rob

Apr 26, 2011, 1:33:48 PM4/26/11

useless piece of shit "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

BAWAWWAAAAAA!!!!!

watch the chrisv turd squirm like a worm!!!!!

BAWWAWAAAAAA!!!!!!

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a worthless piece of shit.

robo-rob

Apr 26, 2011, 1:34:13 PM4/26/11

retarded turd "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> [...]

BAWAWAWA!!!!!

it must suck to be a retard your entire life, eh turd?

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a worthless piece of shit.

William Poaster

Apr 26, 2011, 1:33:08 PM4/26/11
chrisv wrote:

Methinks that Zeke still protests too much.
Maybe you hit a bullseye. ;-)

--
E Pluribus UNIX.

Ezekiel

Apr 26, 2011, 1:36:52 PM4/26/11

"robo-rob" <C...@nosuchmail.com> wrote in message

He's such a fscking idiot. Your description of him hits the nail squarely
on the head. There really isn't a more stupid "advocate" than someone like
him. Reminds me of this recent post:

<quote>
>> Yes they have, by allowing complete losers like chrisv and Dumb Willie
>> and 7 and Rex Ballard to post unrebuked and unchallenged.

There are certainly a few other names that deserve to be on that list. But
those are definite the "core idiots" of COLA.

"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of
them are even stupider!" (George Carlin) - Now imagine there are 20
advocates in COLA. Somebody has to be in that bottom 20%.
</quote>

William Poaster

Apr 26, 2011, 1:34:23 PM4/26/11
TomB wrote:

> On 2011-04-26, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that TomB spake thusly:

>> As usual TomB is showing his cluelessness AGAIN.
>>
>> This is going to be fun...
>>
>> The seed was planted. It's almost harvest time once again....
>
> Then harvest. Bring it on. Have your fun.

Shall I fetch the popcorn & beer? <grin>

--
Earth is 98% full...please delete anyone you can.

chrisv

Apr 26, 2011, 2:05:44 PM4/26/11
Ezekiel wrote:

>Your description of him hits the nail squarely on the head.

Nope. You are lying again, "Ezekiel".

He describes me as a "liar", which is a lie.

robo-rob

Apr 26, 2011, 2:07:33 PM4/26/11

documented piece of shit "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

more DOCUMENTED lies from the stupid piece of shit.

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a piece of shit.

flatfish+++

Apr 26, 2011, 2:11:08 PM4/26/11
On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 08:10:48 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> "Hadron" is also a blatant (and pusillanimous) Google seeder.

Your former master, Roy Schestowitz and much less so, Goblin are the
kings of Google seeders.

Why doesn't that bother you?
Don't bother answering.
I already know the answer you little shit, Liarmutt.

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

It is loading more messages.