Goblin Does Have A Point.....

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 12:54:31 AM5/28/11
I probably shouldn't feed this idiot, but in one respect he is correct.

If it really is all about the cause, whatever that cause might be, using
real names should really be irrelevant.
It's what is said that is important, not who says it.

Take PJ for example.
She chose to stay anonymous but her site is/was very credible, even if
you don't agree with it.

Which brings me to the concept of why Roy Schestowitz feels the need to
splatter his name, profession, resume all over the place while using
Linux advocacy to do it.

I still maintain that Roy Schestowitz is the biggest phony, pied piper
to ever grace the halls of Linux advocacy.

He is in this for himself, even if he puts on a good show, and he does.

While Goblin may get a personal kick out of this notoriety, it's pretty
much a given that he is not benefiting directly from his sites etc.
Other than sponging off Roy of course.

So I will give Goblin that one......

P.S. I don't blame him for staying anon.
There are a lot of loons out there.

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 5:13:34 AM5/28/11
On 28/05/11 05:54, flatfish+++ wrote:
> I probably shouldn't feed this idiot, but in one respect he is correct.
>
> If it really is all about the cause, whatever that cause might be, using
> real names should really be irrelevant.
> It's what is said that is important, not who says it.
>
> Take PJ for example.
> She chose to stay anonymous but her site is/was very credible, even if
> you don't agree with it.
>
> Which brings me to the concept of why Roy Schestowitz feels the need to
> splatter his name, profession, resume all over the place while using
> Linux advocacy to do it.
>
> I still maintain that Roy Schestowitz is the biggest phony, pied piper
> to ever grace the halls of Linux advocacy.
>
> He is in this for himself, even if he puts on a good show, and he does.
>
> While Goblin may get a personal kick out of this notoriety, it's pretty
> much a given that he is not benefiting directly from his sites etc.
> Other than sponging off Roy of course.
>
> So I will give Goblin that one......
>
> P.S. I don't blame him for staying anon.
> There are a lot of loons out there.

Its very clear who the idiot is Flatfish, and since I'm not the one who
has been here years posting thousands of immature and vile posts, then
I'd hazard a guess as to who the vast majority of adults would see as
the "idiot"

Maybe you can explain how I'm sponging off Roy. I'd love to hear that one.

I am also looking forward to your latest review on:

http://techrights.org/2011/05/27/techbytes-episode-48/

And maybe DFS would be so kind as to do another one of his summaries
again....

--
Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! - http://www.openbytes.tk
"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."

BytesMedia: www.bytesmedia.co.uk

Email: bytes...@googlemail.com

Skype: tim.openbytes
Twitter: twitter.com/_goblin
Identi.ca: identi.ca/openbytes

William Poaster

May 28, 2011, 5:24:35 AM5/28/11

I suppose Flatface still makes excuses as to why s/h/it won't appear on
your show. Perhaps he's worried that DFS will do a summary about what he
says too. ;-)

--
A bad random number generator: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1
"Microsoft has vast resources, literally billions of dollars in cash, or liquid assets reserves.

Hadron

May 28, 2011, 5:45:24 AM5/28/11
flatfish+++ <flat...@marianatrench.com> writes:

> I probably shouldn't feed this idiot, but in one respect he is correct.
>
> If it really is all about the cause, whatever that cause might be, using
> real names should really be irrelevant.
> It's what is said that is important, not who says it.

Agreed. Which begs the question why does Creepy Chris Ahlstrom refer to
me, dfs, you etc as "cowards" yet sucks up to William Poaster, "chrisv",
"Wendy Toilet Water", Homer, etc etc etc yet never accuses them!!!!

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 7:01:10 AM5/28/11

I'm not sure if Flatfish and DFS have any clue at all. Recently I see
suggestions that Flatfish is female, what they fail to understand is
that it doesn't matter. Men and Women are equal and the only issue with
Flatfish is the behaviour itself. It doesn't matter if its coming from
a female or male, its merely bad, childish behaviour.

I expect the angle they were trying to push was "Look...Linux advocates
are sexist...poor Flatfish gets attacked because she's female"

Unfortunately for Flatfish and their little plan, people here are not
sexist and believe that men and women are equal. I hold people to
account for their behaviour, to which Flatfish has built up a rather
large portfolio.

Good try DFS, Flatfish et al. It won't wash.

I would suggest throwing away "Evangelism is War" and write a new one....

Hadron

May 28, 2011, 6:08:07 AM5/28/11
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> writes:

They have more of a clue than you. Where is "William Poaster" or "7" or
etc etc on your show? We are laughing at your "show" because it's
crappily presented, poorly recorded, contains the ramblings of a
paranoid incompetent (Roy) and has next to zero bearing on the real
world.

On the other hand, SURELY you want the likes of William Poaster etc to
sell the FOSS and Linux deal? I wont hold my breath for the hypocrite we
all know as "Dumb Willy" to appear. After all, he knows NOTHING about
Linux as far as I can see and STILL spouts the same quotes I said years
ago which are as valid and true now as they were then more or less. His
level of understanding is shockingly low.

So Gobbler, do let us know when more "advocates" are coming onto your
"show"...

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 7:25:03 AM5/28/11

Well the first observation is that since you've posted a view, you must
listen to the show, thank you.

More of a clue than me? lol. I don't even need to respond, the evidence
of their "work" is all over COLA.

As a rule, we don't invite people from the FOSS community to come on,
unless they are people like Jono, devs or (in the case of Flatfish)
people who should be taking responsibility for their appalling
behaviour, however when someone asks to come on they are always welcome.
Rusty is the latest regular.

The only point you bring up of worth is the sound quality. I agree. I
have repeatedly commented to Roy about the filters and the show sound
varies greatly depending on whats being applied. That being said, Roy
spends his own time encoding and upping and I am very grateful for that
as I often find myself short of time. The important thing is that you
can hear what is being said - That to me is all that matters and at the
end of the day, this is not a commercial offering, this is an audiocast
by two people who consider that putting forward an honest held belief is
more important than wowing people with bells and whistles in some
marketing frenzy. If you expecting TechBytes to be like a Microsoft ad
campaign full of wooden people with promises and a barrage of buzz
words, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

In respect to FOSS advocates here, I don't think I need to say, ANY of
them are welcome on the show, it would be a pleasure. I would also go
one step further and extend the same invite to any Wintroll here either
as it would be nice to get at least one to account for their actions.

Step right up....I'll make you a star. ;)

William Poaster

May 28, 2011, 8:18:00 AM5/28/11

Quite so, gender is immaterial, it's the idiotic behaviour.

> I expect the angle they were trying to push was "Look...Linux advocates
> are sexist...poor Flatfish gets attacked because she's female"

Which is bullshit.

> Unfortunately for Flatfish and their little plan, people here are not
> sexist and believe that men and women are equal. I hold people to
> account for their behaviour, to which Flatfish has built up a rather
> large portfolio.
>
> Good try DFS, Flatfish et al. It won't wash.
>
> I would suggest throwing away "Evangelism is War" and write a new one....

--
Never violate the Prime Directory! \

William Poaster

May 28, 2011, 8:26:03 AM5/28/11

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Seems I've got under the trolling M$ zealot's skin!
Funny how he doesn't mention the quotes I post regarding what has been
said *about* him in almost every group that the M$ zealot has been in.
I've probably forgottten more about Linux than that jackass knows now.
Man, that guy's a joke.

Yes. How about calling on Hadron "the *true* linux advocate", huh,
Goblin?

> Step right up....I'll make you a star. ;)

You can expect more ramblings & rants from the M$ zealot, along with
excuses as to why he won't come on your show. :-)

--
Earth is 98% full...please delete anyone you can.

RayLopez99

May 28, 2011, 9:43:34 AM5/28/11
On May 28, 7:54 am, flatfish+++ <flatf...@marianatrench.com> wrote:

> flatfish+++
> Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

You need to update that Dr. Spam finally has graduated. His parents,
to the extent they even know he exists and fund him, must be relieved.

> Watching Linux Fail:http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/
>
> Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead

Good one. Munich, Germany has spent millions to convert from Windows
to Linux and only 15% of their desktops work with Linux.

RL

RayLopez99

May 28, 2011, 9:45:01 AM5/28/11
On May 28, 12:45 pm, Hadron<hadronqu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed. Which begs the question why does Creepy Chris Ahlstrom refer to
> me, dfs, you etc as "cowards" yet sucks up to William Poaster, "chrisv",
> "Wendy Toilet Water", Homer, etc etc etc yet never accuses them!!!!

Perhaps because he's a flaming homosexual? And pedophile?

RL

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 10:36:09 AM5/28/11

I guess my lame attempt at satire missed it's mark :(

I guess people took it as my being serious
After re-reading it I can understand why.

Oh well...
I'll try harder next time.
Satire was never my thing anyway.

It did serve the purpose of poking another stick a Gooblers though.
That's always fun to watch.

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 10:45:40 AM5/28/11
On Sat, 28 May 2011 06:43:34 -0700 (PDT), RayLopez99 wrote:

> On May 28, 7:54 am, flatfish+++ <flatf...@marianatrench.com> wrote:
>
>> flatfish+++
>> Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
>
> You need to update that Dr. Spam finally has graduated. His parents,
> to the extent they even know he exists and fund him, must be relieved.

It's not my site.
But I'll bet his parents no longer have a retirement fund.

>> Watching Linux Fail:http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
>
> Good one. Munich, Germany has spent millions to convert from Windows
> to Linux and only 15% of their desktops work with Linux.
>
> RL

By any reasonable metric, the Munich Linux migration has been a massive
failure.

I wonder how the taxpayers feel about that boondoggle?

I wonder if they even know?

--

flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

Watching Linux Fail:

http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 1:15:43 PM5/28/11

My also Flatfish can put about Roy getting a two page colour interview
(and a front page photo) on the Linux Format Magazine....you know the
one, the one which is on the shelves of newsagents such as WHSmiths....

Yep good point, that "site" does need updating. Lets hope it is Flatfish's.

DFS

May 28, 2011, 2:34:31 PM5/28/11

If the vast majority has any common sense or understanding of tech, they
would recognize the idiot as the one who says:

* "boycottnovell is the most interesting and informative site on the
Internet"

* "I removed OpenSUSE from our local computer club machines after they
signed up with Microsoft"

* the MS Kinect is not a success

* Skype successes in the future cannot be attributed to Microsoft
(curiously, you didn't deny Spamowitz when he attributed problems to MS
even before they touched the product)

etc.

Got it? You're an MS-hating idiot, Goob.

> Maybe you can explain how I'm sponging off Roy. I'd love to hear that one.

You ride Spamowitz's coattails for free publicity because he has
notoriety in the FOSS "community".

> I am also looking forward to your latest review on:
>
> http://techrights.org/2011/05/27/techbytes-episode-48/
>
> And maybe DFS would be so kind as to do another one of his summaries
> again....

Sure... as soon as you admit on air you're a MS-hating crackpot.

DFS

May 28, 2011, 2:38:21 PM5/28/11
On 5/28/2011 12:54 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> I probably shouldn't feed this idiot, but in one respect he is
> correct.
>
> If it really is all about the cause, whatever that cause might be,
> using real names should really be irrelevant. It's what is said that
> is important, not who says it.
>
> Take PJ for example. She chose to stay anonymous but her site is/was
> very credible, even if you don't agree with it.
>
> Which brings me to the concept of why Roy Schestowitz feels the need
> to splatter his name, profession, resume all over the place while
> using Linux advocacy to do it.
>
> I still maintain that Roy Schestowitz is the biggest phony, pied
> piper to ever grace the halls of Linux advocacy.
>
> He is in this for himself, even if he puts on a good show, and he
> does.

They put on a good show - for themselves and other like-minded idiots.

Outside the world of Linux/OSS, they aren't known or taken seriously at all.

> While Goblin may get a personal kick out of this notoriety, it's
> pretty much a given that he is not benefiting directly from his sites
> etc. Other than sponging off Roy of course.
>
> So I will give Goblin that one......
>
> P.S. I don't blame him for staying anon. There are a lot of loons out
> there.

There are a lot of FOSS loons, anyway.

Darl McBride of SCO received death threats, a box of live worms via
FedEx, challenges to fistfights, etc

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.07/linux.html

Laura Didio got phone calls at her home late at night from Linux assholes.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1034829/linux-report-stirs-hornets-nest

cola idiot Jim Richardson challenged me to a fight with ax handles.
TelNet Porter threatened "knuckle sandwiches" for all "Wintrolls".
[H]ypocrite [H]omer often says various people, including me, should
"Burn in Hell".

They're Linux losers with kindergartener emotions who can't stand for
their crapware and beliefs and freetard/freeload way of life to be
challenged.

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 2:46:50 PM5/28/11
Hey! You've got a generic response there to spam up the channel.

I don't have to admit anything...its only the wintrolls here that claim
I'm a Microsoft hater.

I'd rather let others decide...sorry if my opinions are inconvenient for
your agenda.

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 2:47:58 PM5/28/11
On 28/05/11 19:38, DFS wrote:

> They put on a good show - for themselves and other like-minded idiots.
>
> Outside the world of Linux/OSS, they aren't known or taken seriously at
> all.

:)

http://techrights.org/2011/05/27/techbytes-episode-48/

DFS

May 28, 2011, 2:48:22 PM5/28/11

So why are you so excited when I listen to your show? Why do you invite
me over and over to do summaries? Why ask for "clueless" flattie to
appear on your show?

> Recently I see
> suggestions that Flatfish is female,

That's what she says repeatedly (though she has also lied repeatedly
about who she is).

> what they fail to understand is
> that it doesn't matter. Men and Women are equal and the only issue with
> Flatfish is the behaviour itself. It doesn't matter if its coming from a
> female or male, its merely bad, childish behaviour.

No it's not.

7 is extremely childish, and with his 3rd-grade lies and exaggerations
so is Rex Ballard.

> I expect the angle they were trying to push was "Look...Linux advocates
> are sexist...poor Flatfish gets attacked because she's female"
>
> Unfortunately for Flatfish and their little plan, people here are not
> sexist and believe that men and women are equal.

The sexes are not equal. Women are better people. Men are much
physically stronger and adventurous (except for Creepy Chris Ahlstrom -
his wife is stronger than him).

> I hold people to account for their behaviour,

ha! What a pile of bullshit. If you did that, you would never talk to
that lying bozo Roy Spamowitz again.

> to which Flatfish has built up a rather
> large portfolio.

Of insults against the liars and hypocrite idiots that populate
cesspool.of.lying.advocates:

7

* "Microsoft products can only access 3Gb of RAM while Linux has no RAM
limits"
* "Linux is expanding at the rate of 1 million+ desktops per week"
* "Linux sells 14 million+ embedded gadgets PER DAY."
* "Microsoft paid $8 billion for a company worth $70 million"
* "Software from the United States is 2nd rate"
* "IBM doesn't use Windows"
* "Windows usage falls to 20%"
* "Ubuntu is expecting 200 million users"
* "Linux is on one-third of all PCs sold"
* "I used to spend 7000 to 9000 pounds a year on Microsoft software"
* "I was European Inventor Of The Year 1995"
* "Latest estimate is 500 million infected Windows computers (May'11)"
* "Linux fixes all its serious vulnerabilities in roughly 24 hours"
* "Micoshaft has illegally twisted suppliers in Taiwan
to restrict choice of OS preload."
* "The EU accepted bribes and collusion with micoshaftees
to keep Linux from EU and its people"
* "OpenOffice is a derivative of LibreOffice"
* "Microsoft plans to snoop on your voip calls"

Homer
* "half of European govt bodies dumped Windows in 2003"
* "a one-day 6% decline in Google's shares is a small fluctuation"
* "if Windows was the only choice I wouldn't use computers"
* "it takes days to fully setup a Windows system"
* "MS SQL Server can't handle Tesco's product database"
* "With a small team I could've done the Munich migration in less than
six months, including re-engineering all proprietary components"

Gweg Shearman
* "DFS links are usually more than a few years old"

Chris Hunter
* "the entire German government, French government, most of Scandinavia,
/all/ of China, and much of India switched to Linux"

Dumb Willie Poaster
* "In their SEC filings, MS says Linux is up to 14% of users"
* "Brazil switched to Linux"
* "Israel got rid of MS Office"
* "Bill Gates gave $100M to fight HIV in India, but gave $421M to fight
Linux"
* "Hadron is a Microsoft zealot"

Keith Curtis
* "Bill Gates was my boss"
* "Microsoft is nearly the last proprietary PC software company standing"
* "In the world of free software the definition of an operating system
changes"
* "Linux has achieved enormous gains against Windows"

Gooblin
* "I don't hate Microsoft"
* "Microsoft turned existing Kin phones into lifeless bricks when they
quit selling them"
* "The Microsoft Kinect is not successful"

Roy Spamowitz
* "It's official: Microsoft is dying very quickly"
* Paul Thurrott of Win Supersite doesn't like Windows 7
* "GNU/Linux is the Best Operating System for solid-state drives (but
the article he linked as proof said Windows 2000 was)
* "Vista doesn't run on sub-notebooks"
* "Venezuela is going 100% open source by end of 2006"
* "There are 320,000,000 Windows Zombie machines"
* "The latest Mandriva is perfect."

flyer
* "MS Office is dying In India"

Linosuck
* "Microsoft killed the Citrix client for Linux"
* "the only products that are making headway against Microsoft these
days are *free* products based on open-source."
* "Office Depot put all its Windows Vista computers on clearance"

Linuxiac
* "Linux is up to 200x faster than Windows"

turd chrisv
* "users no longer need Windows."
* "Hadron takes the pro-MS position on *every* issue"
* "Vista needs 4G and 2 fast CPU's to run acceptably well."
* "Windows fits only one situation: a single-user desktop PC"
* "Microsoft imposes the Windows tax upon even the poorest of
third-world countries"
* "Ezekiel claimed Linux isn't ready for the desktop because it doesn't
have iTunes"
* "DFS claims you can get permanent eye damage from installing Linux
improperly"
* "DFS is a filthy liar"
* "cola Linux advocates are generally honest"
* "I've never lied in cola"
* "There is no advocate on cola who deserves to be called a stupid piece
of shit"

raytard
* You have to reboot half a dozen times to install Windows apps"
* "I had one or two minor issues in 10 years of using Linux"

AZNomad
* "Vista actually requires more ram than a 32bit cpu can address."
* "Office 2008 on a 5ghz machine isn't any faster than office 97 on a
pentium-60."
* "The U.S. armed forces do not use anything from microsoft for critical
data processing."

TomB:
*"a lot of today's popular technologies (server and desktop) are
GNU/Linux only, or at least started off on GNU/Linux."

Rexford 'Kingmaker' Ballard
* "Vista will probably be based on the BSD kernel"
* "Microsoft executives openly admitted, under oath, that they had
frequently engaged in fraud, extortion, blackmail, and obstruction of
justice as routine business practices."
* 80 million Linux sub-notebooks were sold in 11 months
* "Microsoft requires retailers to turn off all Windows systems if Linux
computers are displayed nearby"
* "Acer, ASUS, and MSI were making profits on Linux machines, until
Microsoft threatened to hold them liable for any Windows XP
installations done by end users."
* "3 billion people have 3-4 consumer items each"

Terry Telnet Porter
* "Linux does not have data corruption problems"
* "Vista32 can only use 3GB of RAM and Vista64 is limited to 4GB of RAM"
* "FWBuilder is not available for Windows"
* "I've had absolutely no trouble in 13 years of using Linux."

Richard Rasker
* "Vista requires between 10 and 20 times the amount
of system resources Linux needs for equal performance."
* "Vista is the reason computers have quad core CPUs"
* "Vista purchasers in the UK pay 2x what US purchasers pay" (at the
time, it was nearly the same price)
* "Windows code has 100x as many bugs per line as Linux code."

Jim
* "I covered 220 miles in 8 hours on a mountain bike"
* "I will unseat MS in <5 years with a team of Linux volunteers"
* "I got 15 hours of battery life with Suse 9.3 w/KDE, but only 3.5
hours of battery life with Windows XP SP2"

Nigel Feltham
"Bill Gates was expelled from Harvard for stealing computer time"

HPT
* "DFS is lying, nymshifting, hypocritical"
* "DFS makes up virtually every number, and many of the "facts" he posts."
* "Novell is now owned by a Microsoft consortium."
* "Linux was a complete and suitable desktop product in 1998"

JEDIDIAH
* "DFS Googles for Linux problems because he hasn't experienced any of
his own"
* "sudo is not a Unix thing"
* "I wouldn't accept a free $110K Corvette"

The Lost Packet
* "Microsoft Office barely works"

Ian Hilliard
* "the whole IT industry has been forced to become a marketing channel
for Microsoft and a few other big software companies"

Mart van de Wege
* "DFS purposely hid parts of his Debian/Gnome screenshots"

RonG
* "Vista requires all new equipment and applications"
* "Microsoft had to buy Visio since they couldn't compete with it."
* "I switched to Linux"
* "Once you get CentOS working it doesn't just stop like Windows does"

Marti
* "all Registry cleaners are malware"
* "Linux doesn't just quit working" (he previously said his Suse system
"simply stopped working")

Peter Kohlmann
* "Windows code has 100x as many bugs per line as Linux code."
* "Windows apps very often require reboots after install"

Gidget
* "if Windows was the only choice I wouldn't use computers"
* "The Gates Foundation is a money-laundering operation"
* "DFS posts several links a day that are at least 5 years old"

> Good try DFS, Flatfish et al. It won't wash.
>
> I would suggest throwing away "Evangelism is War" and write a new one....

How about "cola is a gas"?

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 2:52:34 PM5/28/11
I thought I made it clear before...ok i'll say again....

Its often said that when the Wintrolls get excited/interested, you must
be doing something right.

Youre continued feeble attempts here are one hell of a compliment....We
are obviously doing something right. Thanks!

http://techrights.org/2011/05/27/techbytes-episode-48/

DFS

May 28, 2011, 3:35:16 PM5/28/11
On 5/28/2011 1:15 PM, Goblin wrote:
> On 28/05/11 14:43, RayLopez99 wrote:
>> On May 28, 7:54 am, flatfish+++<flatf...@marianatrench.com> wrote:
>>
>>> flatfish+++
>>> Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
>>
>> You need to update that Dr. Spam finally has graduated. His parents,
>> to the extent they even know he exists and fund him, must be relieved.
>>

>>> Watching Linux Fail:http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>> Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
>>
>> Good one. Munich, Germany has spent millions to convert from Windows
>> to Linux and only 15% of their desktops work with Linux.
>>
>> RL
>
> My also Flatfish can put about Roy getting a two page colour interview
> (and a front page photo) on the Linux Format Magazine....you know the
> one, the one which is on the shelves of newsagents such as WHSmiths....

Yeah, I know the one.

* they claimed "Windows software takes ages to install and requires a
half-dozen reboots."

* they recommended X-Moto as a 'Hot Pick!' game in their Christmas 2006
issue, pg 73, and devoted a 1/2 page review to it. We've been laughing
ever since!

http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg

(note: the mag is not produced with open source - you can tell because
it looks very professional)

DFS

May 28, 2011, 3:48:06 PM5/28/11

huh?

> I don't have to admit anything...its only the wintrolls here that claim
> I'm a Microsoft hater.

It's not a claim - it's a fact.

Want more evidence, in addition to the irrefutable stuff I've posted
many times (that you always run away from)? Sure thing: you never
contradict or challenge Spamowitz's ludicrous lies, insults and paranoia
against Microsoft. Ever.

So keep riding his coattails - pretend you're riding a horse and
swinging your lasso...

> I'd rather let others decide...sorry if my opinions are inconvenient for
> your agenda.

How can "others" decide if they're also MS-haters?

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 4:20:46 PM5/28/11

You say huh? So you don't include statements at the bottom of your

Your memory is very bad.

As for "running away" I have never. Why don't you post clear questions
in this very thread and I will answer them....just number them and ask
directly. What you do is silly implication and childish behaviour. I
do not have the time to pick appart most of your tot.

Ask the questions directly here, number them if you wish. I'll give you
an answer.

Challenge? Roy? I do. You are a liar. Infact in the last show I
disagreed with him. There are many facets of IT we disagree on. You
never ask, so I never get the opportunity to list them.

Go ahead, ask me.

As for riding Roy's coattails, I am sure he will be very flattered.
I'll pass that on.

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 4:22:36 PM5/28/11
On Sat, 28 May 2011 14:38:21 -0400, DFS wrote:

> There are a lot of FOSS loons, anyway.

Absolutely and they are the ones Goober and Gomer really have to worry
about.
Should they change their tune and agree even a little with say
Microsoft, they will be attacked by the radical Linux movement.

> Darl McBride of SCO received death threats, a box of live worms via
> FedEx, challenges to fistfights, etc

Worms you say?
:)

Yea.
She knows personally how loony toon these Linux advocates are.

Looking at the video with the gnu idiots tossing Apple and Microsoft
boxes into a waste basket indicates that at least some of them are quite
unstable as well.

> cola idiot Jim Richardson challenged me to a fight with ax handles.
> TelNet Porter threatened "knuckle sandwiches" for all "Wintrolls".
> [H]ypocrite [H]omer often says various people, including me, should
> "Burn in Hell".

Linux sure makes people violent for some reason.
Must be all that frustration trying to make Linux work.

> They're Linux losers with kindergartener emotions who can't stand for
> their crapware and beliefs and freetard/freeload way of life to be
> challenged.

Yes.
A very, very dangerous movement.

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 4:26:23 PM5/28/11
On Sat, 28 May 2011 14:48:22 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 5/28/2011 7:01 AM, Goblin wrote:

>> I'm not sure if Flatfish and DFS have any clue at all.
>
> So why are you so excited when I listen to your show? Why do you invite
> me over and over to do summaries? Why ask for "clueless" flattie to
> appear on your show?

Because they know their listenership will skyrocket.

And Goblin is COLA's premier gasbag.
I think he even tops Rex.

Rex is harmless.

Goblin has a thin skin and a mean streak in him.
A very dangerous combination.

Great Rope-A-Dope of Goblin BTW!

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 4:27:08 PM5/28/11

Yep....

--

flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

Watching Linux Fail:

http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 4:36:26 PM5/28/11
On 28/05/11 21:22, flatfish+++ wrote:
> Should they change their tune and agree even a little with say
> Microsoft, they will be attacked by the radical Linux movement.

Even if what you said was true, I really could care less who "attacks"
my opinions. Thats why Flatfish you and your ilks feeble attacks are so
powerless.

If I change my opinions to make life easier for myself then they are not
my opinions.

Bring it on - I could care less.

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 4:42:10 PM5/28/11
On Sat, 28 May 2011 21:36:26 +0100, Goblin wrote:

> On 28/05/11 21:22, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> Should they change their tune and agree even a little with say
>> Microsoft, they will be attacked by the radical Linux movement.
>
> Even if what you said was true, I really could care less who "attacks"
> my opinions. Thats why Flatfish you and your ilks feeble attacks are so
> powerless.
>
> If I change my opinions to make life easier for myself then they are not
> my opinions.
>
> Bring it on - I could care less.

Yea you *do care* goobs...

By your own metric, you wouldn't be frothing and drooling about us in
multiple different places if we weren't having an effect on you.

You are a textbook example of someone who likes to dish it out but can't
take it.

I'll give Roy credit for one thing, he, unlike you, can take it.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 28, 2011, 4:41:39 PM5/28/11
Goblin wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 28/05/11 19:34, DFS wrote:
>
>> Got it? You're an MS-hating idiot, Goob.
>>

> Hey! You've got a generic response there to spam up the channel.
>
> I don't have to admit anything...its only the wintrolls here that claim
> I'm a Microsoft hater.
>
> I'd rather let others decide...sorry if my opinions are inconvenient for
> your agenda.

DFS is, to put it mildly, highly-biased, rabid, and an idiot.

--
The personal computer market is about the same size as the total potato chip
market. Next year it will be about half the size of the pet food market and

Chris Ahlstrom

May 28, 2011, 4:44:43 PM5/28/11
Goblin wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 28/05/11 19:48, DFS wrote:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom

>> * "Microsoft killed the Citrix client for Linux"
>> * "the only products that are making headway against Microsoft these
>> days are *free* products based on open-source."
>> * "Office Depot put all its Windows Vista computers on clearance"

All very true.

In any case, the volume of words, and the silly insults, prove
that DFS is a trolling nutter.

--
It's Like This

Even the samurai
have teddy bears,
and even the teddy bears
get drunk.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 28, 2011, 4:49:22 PM5/28/11
Goblin wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 28/05/11 21:22, flatfish+++ wrote:

>> Should they change their tune and agree even a little with say
>> Microsoft, they will be attacked by the radical Linux movement.
>
> Even if what you said was true, I really could care less who "attacks"
> my opinions. Thats why Flatfish you and your ilks feeble attacks are so
> powerless.
>
> If I change my opinions to make life easier for myself then they are not
> my opinions.
>
> Bring it on - I could care less.

Same here. Here is the high-quality posting of DFS, Flounder, and "Hadron":

> flatfish+++ <flat...@marianatrench.com> writes:

>>> heh!
>>>
>>> So Linosuck really is a hand puppet...
>>
>> Apparently.
>> And I always thought of him as more of a marionette.
>> Oh well, I don't mind being corrected :)
>
> I'm still snickering at your comment "Is that Liarmutt he's holding"...
> lol!!!
Even Liarmutt needs to be "petted" once in a while.
Even if it's sMarti.

Yeah, they are serious and accurate posters. Not. Kids farting around
on Usenet, as they age into their dotage. Nothing they write can
be taken seriously.

--
LOOK!! Sullen American teens wearing MADRAS shorts and "Flock of
Seagulls" HAIRCUTS!

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 4:53:59 PM5/28/11
On 28/05/11 21:26, flatfish+++ wrote:
> Goblin has a thin skin and a mean streak in him.
> A very dangerous combination.
>

> Great Rope-A-Dope of Goblin BTW!

Dangerous? Maybe to a someone who tries to covertly push a Microsoft
agenda to anyone else? ok, lets examine that.

Wheres an example of this mean streak? Any example will do. By saying
Microsoft products are not fit for purpose for me? Is that mean? Help me
out here please, I'd love to know.

As for rope a dope, in an earlier thread you were claiming you didn't
want to feed me. You want to go with the line rope a dope? Ok. I'll let
the material here speak for itself.

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 5:13:41 PM5/28/11
On 28/05/11 21:42, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Sat, 28 May 2011 21:36:26 +0100, Goblin wrote:
>
>> On 28/05/11 21:22, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>> Should they change their tune and agree even a little with say
>>> Microsoft, they will be attacked by the radical Linux movement.
>>
>> Even if what you said was true, I really could care less who "attacks"
>> my opinions. Thats why Flatfish you and your ilks feeble attacks are so
>> powerless.
>>
>> If I change my opinions to make life easier for myself then they are not
>> my opinions.
>>
>> Bring it on - I could care less.
>
> Yea you *do care* goobs...
>
> By your own metric, you wouldn't be frothing and drooling about us in
> multiple different places if we weren't having an effect on you.
>
> You are a textbook example of someone who likes to dish it out but can't
> take it.
>

> I'll give Roy credit for one thing, he, unlike you, can take it.

I use you people here to show what can happen when your viewpoint
attracts the attention of the more agressive, vulgar wintroll. By
taking it, I suppose you mean refusing to answer? Thats what Roy does
and highlights where myself and Roy have very differing views. Roy is
of the opinion that ignoring the Wintrolls is the best course of action,
whereas I believe on challenging their vulgar and devious behaviour,
bringing it to the fore.

Ive no problem with differing views at all. I have problems with bad
behaviour and childishness, something which is in abundance with you and
the other wintrolls here.

Frothing? I'm not the one who resorts to vulgarity, how can I be frothing?

I certainly can take any insult from you wintrolls here, infact I often
take great delight promoting the insults given to me.

You are failing Flatfish, you are bested, but I so do enjoy our
engagements here....lets see how long you can go without mentioning me
eh? You just can't resist, just like your lurking and quoting of the IRC
channel, your listening to the show, your threads here....you are
besotted with me.

RonB

May 28, 2011, 5:14:31 PM5/28/11
On Sat, 28 May 2011 21:53:59 +0100, Goblin wrote:

> Wheres an example of this mean streak? Any example will do.

You're "mean" because you keep showing how full of crap the WinTrolls are.
And, unlike them, you have a sense of humor.

It's been my experience that, in these open "forums", a specific
chickenshit tactic used by slimeballs (here that would be certain
WinTrolls) is to personally insult you then (when you respond in kind) to
shout, "see, see how abusive he is against me?" Typical, of these lying
cowards.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581

DFS

May 28, 2011, 5:18:02 PM5/28/11

1. "huh?" means "huh? What are you trying to say?" It made no sense,
and still doesn't.

2. You always run away from the damning evidence that proves you're a
MS-hater. You've done so at least 5 times. And you'll do it again if
you respond here.

3. You asked if I wanted to see quotes from big-time news sites that
were harder on MS than you. I said yes. So where are they?

4. You're a liar. You do NOT challenge Roy, ever, anywhere (that I've
seen - here in cola, or in the audiocast, or in the irc stuff that
flattie reposts). In fact, you promote his lies and links directly on
your blog.

5. Why don't you know how to respond inline to a thread like everyone
else, but instead put all your gibbering at the bottom, which makes it a
hassle to see what was originally said?

6. When you say "I do not have the time to pick appart most of your
tot." you mean you can't. If you have the time to promote the loonie
views of Roy Spamowitz, you have the time to support your claims.

7. You said you "already explained" why you "removed OpenSUSE from our
local computer club machines after they signed up with Microsoft".
Liar. You never explained that idiotic, unreasonable reaction.

8. You said you would mention my cola posting stats on your audio show.
Why won't you mention that Spamowitz made an avg of 32 cola posts per
day, every day, for 5 years straight?

9. You claimed "MS advocacy is all about the perks" then write one
bogus, fawning review after another about free of cost Linux distros.

10. Is a bricked phone one that's not selling well (as you said about
the Kin), or is a bricked phone dead (as you said about certain Samsung
WP7 models)? Which is it?

11. You said "we here have the moral highground" BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
LMAO!!! And in the next sentence you let Roy Spamowitz tell egregious
lies and unsubstantiated paranoia about Microsoft.

There, that's 11 numbered points you can - and will - run away from.

You're a joke, Gooblin.

Chris Ahlstrom

May 28, 2011, 5:18:26 PM5/28/11
Goblin wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 28/05/11 21:26, flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> <mentally ill idiocy snipped>

>> Great Rope-A-Dope of Goblin BTW!
>

> Wheres an example of this mean streak?

"Hadron" tried to pull that shit, too.

They are all idiots. Metamucil has more fiber than them.
I don't know why you (and others) don't just plonk them.

--
Yet you don't answer his question. Where did he lie you dishonest little
"advocate" you? Come on. You're telling lies again to suck up to the

Chris Ahlstrom

May 28, 2011, 5:20:17 PM5/28/11
Goblin wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 28/05/11 21:42, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>> <why bother?>
>
> You are failing Flatfish...

The cognescenti prefer the term "floundering". :-D

--
... most of us learned about love the hard way. Even warnings are probably
useless, for somehow, despite the severest warnings of parents and friends,

DFS

May 28, 2011, 5:27:03 PM5/28/11
On 5/28/2011 4:44 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> Goblin wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> On 28/05/11 19:48, DFS wrote:
>>
>>> Chris Ahlstrom
>>>
>>> * "Microsoft killed the Citrix client for Linux"
>>> * "the only products that are making headway against Microsoft these
>>> days are *free* products based on open-source."
>>> * "Office Depot put all its Windows Vista computers on clearance"
>
> All very true.

All very lies.

> In any case, the volume of words, and the silly insults, prove
> that DFS is a trolling nutter.

No worse than you, my little creepy hypocrite with the strong wife.

DFS

May 28, 2011, 5:35:24 PM5/28/11
On 5/28/2011 4:53 PM, Goblin wrote:
> On 28/05/11 21:26, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> Goblin has a thin skin and a mean streak in him.
>> A very dangerous combination.
>>

>> Great Rope-A-Dope of Goblin BTW!
>
> Dangerous? Maybe to a someone who tries to covertly push a Microsoft
> agenda to anyone else? ok, lets examine that.
>
> Wheres an example of this mean streak? Any example will do.

Gladly - and easily of course:

"Ive certainly had a laugh at the disaster that was the Kin.",
"What made the [Kin] failure so comical..."
"[the Kin was] an utter disaster"
"#fail"
"I take some joy in failures like Kin..."

> By saying Microsoft products are not fit for
> purpose for me? Is that mean?

Of course that's mean. It's also a lie.

> Help me
> out here please, I'd love to know.
>
> As for rope a dope, in an earlier thread you were claiming you didn't
> want to feed me. You want to go with the line rope a dope? Ok. I'll let
> the material here speak for itself.

Me too:

* you're completely obsessed over the so-called failure of the Kin,
writing many negative and gloating remarks:

"Ive certainly had a laugh at the disaster that was the Kin.",
"What made the failure so comical..."
"utter disaster"
"#fail"
"I take some joy in failures like Kin..."
"you get a kick in the teeth from Microsoft abandoning it"

* you "predicted" the WinPhone7 would be "lacking" and gloat over every
issue and problem you can find

* you had the galling idiocy to label the Kinect "not a success" and "a
toy".

* you claimed the "[Microsoft hate site] boycottnovell is the most

interesting and informative site on the Internet"

* you don't just link to techrights.org - you actually show Spamowitz's
idiotic lies on your site, such as "Vista 7 Top ‘Feature’ is Access to
Intruders"

* you drooled and babbled "I removed OpenSUSE from our local computer

club machines after they signed up with Microsoft"

* you claim any Skype successes in the future cannot be attributed to
Microsoft

* your blog contains ONLY negative articles about Microsoft

* you repeatedly gloat about Microsoft's errors, failures and
less-than-huge-successes

* your blog labels Microsoft "underhanded"

* you claim "I cannot think of one MS tech which is better for me than
what Im using"

* you claim "time and again I was burned by Microsoft products that were

not fit for purpose for me"

* you claim the Acer Aspire One is "wholly unsuitable for XP"

* you say you're suspicious of anyone who posts pro-MS comments

* you say you're skeptical of pro-MS literature.

* Gaming section on your blog doesn't mention Windows gaming at all -
which is the best in the world.

* all your posts to Usenet are negative about Microsoft

* you've never said anything good about MS that I can find

* now it's "Micro$kype"

Sinister Midget III

May 28, 2011, 5:42:49 PM5/28/11
On 2011-05-28, RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> claimed:

> It's been my experience that, in these open "forums", a specific
> chickenshit tactic used by slimeballs (here that would be certain
> WinTrolls) is to personally insult you then (when you respond in kind) to
> shout, "see, see how abusive he is against me?" Typical, of these lying
> cowards.

That's why I remain totally abusive to the pieces of shit, and don't
even offer myself as an audience for their reciprocation. They desrve
exactly that sort of behavior, so I let them have what they deserve.

Not that my /not/ abusing them would prevent them anyway. If they do
get abusive back, I really don't give a flying fuck. Which is why I
don't see any of their drivel first hand, and less and less of it by
proxy.

--
If at first we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.
Aspire One, Ubuntu 11.04

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 5:46:57 PM5/28/11

At last! We are getting somewhere!

1. That "huh" was aimed at the statement you made when I said you had a
generic response for me (you know the little piece about Goblin at the
end of your text)?

2. Thats not a question, its a false statement. Ive asked you to
provide questions to me, you've done what you always do and make claims
that I run away. Wheres the question?

3. Ok. I'll give you this one from the last few days (From Microsoft
Watch) they are very easy to find. If you want to request more, I'll
happily write a whole post on it...theres plenty:

"helping shove the much-maligned Windows Vista into the dustbin of dead
tech."

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/microsoft_tight-lipped_on_windows_8_for_a_reason.html

4. As ive said to you before, I have linked Roy's comments about 5 times
this year on Openbytes articles (and that overestimating) and so what?
Infact I challenge Roy on the latest episode of TechBytes, check out the
section about Facebook and Marks comments on younger people using it.

5. Because its a hassle to people like you.

6. No it doesn't. If you present QUESTIONS to me like you have now
(well some are, but you are loosing the plot with a few statements) then
I am more than happy to answer. As I am doing now.

7. Ive already explained it, but I will do so again. The deal with
Novell did make us choose to move distro's at our local computer club.
We settled on Ubuntu because it turned out better for our needs and was
more popular with the group. Would we have looked if the deal hadn't
taken place? No. Would we have stuck with OpenSUSE if we hadn't found
something better? Probably. - I hope thats the last time I have to
answer that. I'm sorry for feeling that the Microsoft/Novell deal was
unhanded and destroyed the spirit of Linux/FOSS. Its my opinion, as I
say, very sorry.
Ive only briefly looked at OpenSUSE since then and as I said before,
when looking at new distro's tend to try the lesser known titles.

8. No, I said I would bring the point up with Roy. We spoke about Skype
(you made a claim about Roy's opinion, based on an off the cuff remark
quoted by the IRC lurker Flatfish)...If you are not happy with that,
give me a direct question for Roy and I'll ask again. I think Roy has
made his views very clear on Skype. So have I..this is another area
where myself and Roy disagree, but because we are adults, it matter not.

9. No I don't, infact many times have I said that Ive spoken to honest
people who champion Microsoft products, one of whom is an MVP btw. He
goes by the handle winobs on twitter.

10. It can be both or neither. Its a colourful description and except
for you there is nobody who has misinterpreted that statement as a phone
altering its molecular composition from plastic to brick. What to see
another colourful type description? Look at the quote from Microsoft
Watch about Vista.

11. Yes. Moral highground. I, like everyone else is and should be
responsible for their own words. In that particular conversation that
you are stating a discussion about an ex-MVP spouting Microsoft
critisism. I challenged that person stating that he was hardly in a
possition to be critical of Microsoft when he was quite happy to receive
all the perks and entitlements of MVP status in the past....you should
be pleased.....
Are you referring to a different conversation? And as for me, yes I do
have the moral highground, unlike you Ive never engaged in disgusting
behaviour like yours.

See? Not hard is it? Ask the direct questions, get the answers. Quite
simple.

Best of British.

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 5:48:29 PM5/28/11
On 28/05/11 22:20, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> Goblin wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> On 28/05/11 21:42, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>>
>>> <why bother?>
>>
>> You are failing Flatfish...
>
> The cognescenti prefer the term "floundering". :-D

I would say it goes way beyond floundering now... :)

What they haven't noticed yet is how their behaviour is being turned
against them.

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 5:50:29 PM5/28/11

Lol...

So I'm "mean" because I had a chuckle at a piece of plastic that failed
to impress the consumer? (Kin).... ok. At least now I know.

I hope you don't mind, that certainly needs a mention on TechBytes...

"Goblin is mean he laughed at the Kin"

Great stuff.

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 5:54:14 PM5/28/11

Snip----Same old thin skinned stuff..

> You are failing Flatfish, you are bested, but I so do enjoy our
> engagements here....lets see how long you can go without mentioning me
> eh? You just can't resist, just like your lurking and quoting of the IRC
> channel, your listening to the show, your threads here....you are
> besotted with me.

I suggest you take note of the number of times your post's contain the
word "I".......
Or your statements for that matter.

You are a narcissist, and a classic case as well.

You still can't figure it out can you?
You are being played with, laughed at and exposed for what you really
are.

I usually lurk real time in IRC BTW....
I've been doing it for a long time and you dolts still haven't figured
it out. That's because I spoon feed you pretty much what you want to
hear.

The show is a joke.
People love to watch ice skaters fall, Indy cars crash (as long as
nobody gets hurt), broken down cars on the side of the road and so
forth.

It's the very reason show's like JackAss have such a huge following.

It's the same thing with your show. I listen, and send select parts to
my friend who teaches audio production, to show how bad the production
really is.
Add in the fact that you paranoid stooges are entertaining to listen to
just adds to the effect.

I say keep it up because you sure aren't helping Linux/Foss advocacy
that's for sure.

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 5:57:20 PM5/28/11
On Sat, 28 May 2011 17:35:24 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 5/28/2011 4:53 PM, Goblin wrote:
>> On 28/05/11 21:26, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>> Goblin has a thin skin and a mean streak in him.
>>> A very dangerous combination.
>>>

>>> Great Rope-A-Dope of Goblin BTW!
>>
>> Dangerous? Maybe to a someone who tries to covertly push a Microsoft
>> agenda to anyone else? ok, lets examine that.
>>
>> Wheres an example of this mean streak? Any example will do.
>
> Gladly - and easily of course:
>
> "Ive certainly had a laugh at the disaster that was the Kin.",
> "What made the [Kin] failure so comical..."
> "[the Kin was] an utter disaster"
> "#fail"
> "I take some joy in failures like Kin..."

Add in the fact that he tracked someone down who made some errant remark
about him on his website.
That's creepy.
Real creepy.

>> By saying Microsoft products are not fit for
> > purpose for me? Is that mean?
>
> Of course that's mean. It's also a lie.

Yep.

>> Help me
>> out here please, I'd love to know.
>>
>> As for rope a dope, in an earlier thread you were claiming you didn't
>> want to feed me. You want to go with the line rope a dope? Ok. I'll let
>> the material here speak for itself.

You seem hungry so I tossed you a bone.
If I ignore you then you will claim I'm running away.
Which I never do.

> Me too:

Snicker :)

And we have a winner.......

Gooblin goes down the drain again.

Why does he keep coming back?

DFS

May 28, 2011, 5:58:50 PM5/28/11
On 5/28/2011 5:50 PM, Goblin wrote:
> On 28/05/11 22:35, DFS wrote:

>>> Dangerous? Maybe to a someone who tries to covertly push a Microsoft
>>> agenda to anyone else? ok, lets examine that.
>>>
>>> Wheres an example of this mean streak? Any example will do.
>>
>> Gladly - and easily of course:
>>
>> "Ive certainly had a laugh at the disaster that was the Kin.",
>> "What made the [Kin] failure so comical..."
>> "[the Kin was] an utter disaster"
>> "#fail"
>> "I take some joy in failures like Kin..."
>>

>>> By saying Microsoft products are not fit for
>> > purpose for me? Is that mean?
>>
>> Of course that's mean. It's also a lie.

Oh look, Goob forgot to tell us how MS products weren't fit for his
purposes.

Do I have to number the request to get you to answer?

> Lol...
>
> So I'm "mean" because I had a chuckle at a piece of plastic that failed
> to impress the consumer? (Kin).... ok. At least now I know.
>
> I hope you don't mind, that certainly needs a mention on TechBytes...
>
> "Goblin is mean he laughed at the Kin"
>
> Great stuff.

Saying over and over and over it was "a failure" and "a disaster", and
also "I take joy in its failure" shows your mean streak.

Claiming Kin purchasers were harmed by MS taking it off the market for a
while shows your true, lying self.

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 6:02:02 PM5/28/11

What he does is change the topic on the show when he senses a
disagreement coming along.
Same thing he does here in COLA.

> 5. Why don't you know how to respond inline to a thread like everyone
> else, but instead put all your gibbering at the bottom, which makes it a
> hassle to see what was originally said?

Because he snips the relevant parts and then starts answering or
replying to topics that weren't even in the thread making it appear like
he is indeed answering the questions.

> 6. When you say "I do not have the time to pick appart most of your
> tot." you mean you can't. If you have the time to promote the loonie
> views of Roy Spamowitz, you have the time to support your claims.

He sure spends an awful lot of time on that site, the Wikii, twitter
etc.

> 7. You said you "already explained" why you "removed OpenSUSE from our
> local computer club machines after they signed up with Microsoft".
> Liar. You never explained that idiotic, unreasonable reaction.

It's bizarre behavior at best.

> 8. You said you would mention my cola posting stats on your audio show.
> Why won't you mention that Spamowitz made an avg of 32 cola posts per
> day, every day, for 5 years straight?

Very LONG INVLOVED posts...All done manually of course

> 9. You claimed "MS advocacy is all about the perks" then write one
> bogus, fawning review after another about free of cost Linux distros.
>
> 10. Is a bricked phone one that's not selling well (as you said about
> the Kin), or is a bricked phone dead (as you said about certain Samsung
> WP7 models)? Which is it?
>
> 11. You said "we here have the moral highground" BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
> LMAO!!! And in the next sentence you let Roy Spamowitz tell egregious
> lies and unsubstantiated paranoia about Microsoft.
>

> There, that's 11 numbered points you can - and will - run away from.
>
> You're a joke, Gooblin.

That should keep him running for a while.

William Poaster

May 28, 2011, 6:07:46 PM5/28/11

> On 28/05/11 22:20, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> Goblin wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> You are failing Flatfish...
>>
>> The cognescenti prefer the term "floundering". :-D
>>
> I would say it goes way beyond floundering now... :)
>
> What they haven't noticed yet is how their behaviour is being turned
> against them.

Yeah, they're too stupid to realize that. ;-)

--
A bad random number generator: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1
"Microsoft has vast resources, literally billions of dollars in cash, or liquid assets reserves.
Microsoft is an incredibly successful empire built on the premise of market dominance with low-quality goods."
-- Former White House adviser Richard A. Clarke --

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 6:11:58 PM5/28/11

I use the word "I" because, my site my posting, my views are MY opinion
and MY experiences. Sorry.

If this "exposing" has happened, why are you bothering to repeatedly
post about me? You've already admitted to lurking in IRC, which brings
me to my next point nicely.

Why should I be bothered which handle you are? Another example of your
devious character that you haven't identified yourself and lurk under
another alias, any in anycase your "realtime lurking" is pointless. The
logs of the IRC channel are published.

As for helping Linux/FOSS, your efforts towards me would suggest
otherwise, but in anycase, like I say I don't care. I give my opinions,
I make no changes to my opinions if they don't fit with others.

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 6:13:38 PM5/28/11
On 28/05/11 22:57, flatfish+++ wrote:
> Add in the fact that he tracked someone down who made some errant remark
> about him on his website.
> That's creepy.
> Real creepy.

Really who? You mean the MVP who admitted to having multiple usernames?
Who did I track down exactly? A simple Google of a username that
comments is all that has ever been required.

Please state who you mean.

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 6:14:41 PM5/28/11
On 28/05/11 22:58, DFS wrote:

> Do I have to number the request to get you to answer?

No, you just have to ask me a direct question and not muddy it in claims
and accusations. Ask me directly, you can then comment on my views
after I've answered your specific question.

DFS

May 28, 2011, 6:23:34 PM5/28/11
On 5/28/2011 6:11 PM, Goblin wrote:

> I give my opinions,
> I make no changes to my opinions if they don't fit with others.

OK. So what's your opinion about Roy Spamowitz's claim that "almost
nobody pays for MS Office"?

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 6:29:40 PM5/28/11

Or the many posts he (Roy) puts on his various sites where the "proof"
is "the other day someone told me, yada yada yada".

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 6:34:37 PM5/28/11
Ah so now you are after my opinions on others opinions, not wanting me
to state my own. - Ok.

I think China is a good example of where many are not paying for Office.
I think many people effectively don't pay (if, like my parents a few
years back took a mobile contract with a "free" laptop with Office on
it) Myself and Roy have had disagreements in the past with Microsoft
sales. I can remember challenging his views on 360 sales by mentioning
the space devoted to it in the local stores.

I think one look at the "bigname" torrent trackers would show you how
many people are not wanting to pay for Office and I think that for the
vast majority of users there are alternatives.

I have no problems with Office, I use it every day at work, but why,
should I spend money on it when LibreOffice fits my needs in the home?
Would be silly to throw money at Office (if I had Windows) when I don't
need to.

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 6:49:08 PM5/28/11
On Sat, 28 May 2011 23:34:37 +0100, Goblin wrote:

> On 28/05/11 23:23, DFS wrote:
>> On 5/28/2011 6:11 PM, Goblin wrote:
>>

>>> I give my opinions,
>>> I make no changes to my opinions if they don't fit with others.
>>

>> OK. So what's your opinion about Roy Spamowitz's claim that "almost
>> nobody pays for MS Office"?
>>

> Ah so now you are after my opinions on others opinions, not wanting me
> to state my own. - Ok.

When you associate yourself with a certain site which has very strong
POV and you are obviously not the antagonist, then most people are going
to assume you support the other person for the most part.

> I think China is a good example of where many are not paying for Office.

They aren't paying for software at all in China.
Or much of Asia for that matter.
In some places "compilation DVD's" are sold for kiosks!

> I think many people effectively don't pay (if, like my parents a few
> years back took a mobile contract with a "free" laptop with Office on
> it) Myself and Roy have had disagreements in the past with Microsoft
> sales. I can remember challenging his views on 360 sales by mentioning
> the space devoted to it in the local stores.

I vaguely remember that dialog (360 sales) happening.

> I think one look at the "bigname" torrent trackers would show you how
> many people are not wanting to pay for Office and I think that for the
> vast majority of users there are alternatives.

People don't want to pay for anything.
It's a sad testament to human nature.

If cars were sugar cubes in a bowl at the dealer ship and you could cop
one, take it home, add water and bingo you have a brand new car, people
would be stealing the sugar cubes as well.

> I have no problems with Office, I use it every day at work, but why,
> should I spend money on it when LibreOffice fits my needs in the home?
> Would be silly to throw money at Office (if I had Windows) when I don't
> need to.

Use what works.
Have I ever said anything otherwise?

Snit

May 28, 2011, 6:51:13 PM5/28/11
flatfish+++ stated in post kfl09xv7i1o7$.he1x5nn6...@40tude.net on
5/28/11 3:49 PM:

>> I think one look at the "bigname" torrent trackers would show you how
>> many people are not wanting to pay for Office and I think that for the
>> vast majority of users there are alternatives.
>
> People don't want to pay for anything.
> It's a sad testament to human nature.

But he is right that there are alternatives.

That does not imply the alternatives would serve people as well. Other than
Apple's iWork, what else would serve people as well (in general)... and even
iWork is not as good for many tasks (though it is better for others).

[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 6:53:30 PM5/28/11
On 28/05/11 23:49, flatfish+++ wrote:
> Use what works.
> Have I ever said anything otherwise?

I can't recall every post you've written, but thats not your game. Even
if you do say "use what works" with one face, you attack those that do
with the other.

Hadron

May 28, 2011, 5:55:39 PM5/28/11
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> writes:

> On 5/28/2011 12:54 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> I probably shouldn't feed this idiot, but in one respect he is
>> correct.
>>
>> If it really is all about the cause, whatever that cause might be,
>> using real names should really be irrelevant. It's what is said that
>> is important, not who says it.
>>
>> Take PJ for example. She chose to stay anonymous but her site is/was
>> very credible, even if you don't agree with it.
>>
>> Which brings me to the concept of why Roy Schestowitz feels the need
>> to splatter his name, profession, resume all over the place while
>> using Linux advocacy to do it.
>>
>> I still maintain that Roy Schestowitz is the biggest phony, pied
>> piper to ever grace the halls of Linux advocacy.
>>
>> He is in this for himself, even if he puts on a good show, and he
>> does.
>

> They put on a good show - for themselves and other like-minded idiots.
>
> Outside the world of Linux/OSS, they aren't known or taken seriously at all.

>> While Goblin may get a personal kick out of this notoriety, it's
>> pretty much a given that he is not benefiting directly from his sites
>> etc. Other than sponging off Roy of course.
>>
>> So I will give Goblin that one......
>>
>> P.S. I don't blame him for staying anon. There are a lot of loons out
>> there.
>

> There are a lot of FOSS loons, anyway.
>
> Darl McBride of SCO received death threats, a box of live worms via FedEx,
> challenges to fistfights, etc
>
> http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.07/linux.html
>
> Laura Didio got phone calls at her home late at night from Linux assholes.
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1034829/linux-report-stirs-hornets-nest
>
> cola idiot Jim Richardson challenged me to a fight with ax handles. TelNet
> Porter threatened "knuckle sandwiches" for all "Wintrolls". [H]ypocrite [H]omer
> often says various people, including me, should "Burn in Hell".
>
> They're Linux losers with kindergartener emotions who can't stand for their
> crapware and beliefs and freetard/freeload way of life to be challenged.

Don't forget Roy talked about whipping up a posse of basement
"enforcers" to give someone a black eye and castrate him. Shearman has
frequently talked about giving people a hiding too.

Goblin

May 28, 2011, 6:57:51 PM5/28/11

Its why I say "for me". My wife has a Mac, for her, thats great. Its
not fabout if something is free or open its about what works best.
Thats why my home solutions are a mish-mash of proprietary and FOSS. I
don't restrict myself and I will always use what is best for me.

Hadron

May 28, 2011, 6:00:34 PM5/28/11
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> writes:

> On 28/05/11 19:48, DFS wrote:

> I thought I made it clear before...ok i'll say again....
>
> Its often said that when the Wintrolls get excited/interested, you must be doing
> something right.

It's also often been said that MS is dying, that OO is a perfect
replacement for MSO, that Linux plays games better than Windows, that
Linux doesnt have any video issues, that Linux sound architecture is
super, that X is faster than the Windows APIs etc etc. That chrisv and 7
are intelligent and insightful posters. That Peter Koehlmann is a "world
class" programmers and that Bill Gates only gives millions away as a tax
scam. That Linux is on 18% or more of the World's desktops etc etc
yadadada.

Your point is?

flatfish+++

May 28, 2011, 7:02:25 PM5/28/11
On Sat, 28 May 2011 23:53:30 +0100, Goblin wrote:

> On 28/05/11 23:49, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> Use what works.
>> Have I ever said anything otherwise?
>
> I can't recall every post you've written, but thats not your game. Even
> if you do say "use what works" with one face, you attack those that do
> with the other.

It depends.
For example, pro audio DAW software.

I rarely reccomend Protools to people unless they have the need to
interface with other studios and then only if that is a common thing for
them.

I like some of the Linux DAW software, Ardour in particular, Audacity is
a fine program and if the user can work within the limits of Linux and
the external FX, VSTi etc then there is no reason professional results
can't be achieved.

However, to claim it's a replacement for Nuendo, or Protools etc is
laughable.

Same thing with OO vs MSOffice.

Snit

May 28, 2011, 7:11:06 PM5/28/11
Goblin stated in post R5fEp.14898$f95....@newsfe02.ams2 on 5/28/11 3:57
PM:

> On 28/05/11 23:51, Snit wrote:
>> flatfish+++ stated in post kfl09xv7i1o7$.he1x5nn6...@40tude.net on
>> 5/28/11 3:49 PM:

>>> People don't want to pay for anything.
>>> It's a sad testament to human nature.
>>
>> But he is right that there are alternatives.
>>
>> That does not imply the alternatives would serve people as well. Other than
>> Apple's iWork, what else would serve people as well (in general)... and even
>> iWork is not as good for many tasks (though it is better for others).

> Its why I say "for me". My wife has a Mac, for her, thats great. Its
> not fabout if something is free or open its about what works best.

In that case I have no problem with your view... I would even go so far as
to say if two things are *close* then the FOSS solution is the one I would
prefer. One: I am cheap and prefer not to pay and Two: I like to support
OSS.

> Thats why my home solutions are a mish-mash of proprietary and FOSS. I
> don't restrict myself and I will always use what is best for me.

Same here.

What? Is that agreement I hear in COLA? What is the world coming to? :)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Bjørn Steensrud

May 30, 2011, 2:37:31 PM5/30/11
On Sat, 28 May 2011 18:15:43 +0100, Goblin wrote:

> On 28/05/11 14:43, RayLopez99 wrote:

>> On May 28, 7:54 am, flatfish+++<flatf...@marianatrench.com> wrote:
>>
>>> flatfish+++
>>> Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
>>

>> You need to update that Dr. Spam finally has graduated. His parents,
>> to the extent they even know he exists and fund him, must be relieved.

>>> Watching Linux Fail:http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>> Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
>>

>> Good one. Munich, Germany has spent millions to convert from Windows
>> to Linux and only 15% of their desktops work with Linux.
>>
>> RL

Lie. As of February 2011 it was 30%.

Snit

May 30, 2011, 3:26:22 PM5/30/11