How to attempt to create a bug with Ubuntu

7

May 22, 2011, 2:52:25 AM5/22/11
How to attempt to create a bug with Ubuntu

Step 1. Install Ubuntu on a random PC.
http://www.ubuntu.com/

Step 2. Remove the Ubuntu hard drive.

Step 3. Walk to a different PC with different motherboard, graphics card,
network card, monitor, mouse, keyboard, bluetooth, wifi,
chipset, printer, webcam and audio system.

Step 4. Connect PC direct to the internet without a firewall or router.

Step 5. Plug in Ubuntu hard drive.

Step 6. Press the power button and boot straight back into Linux.
20 to 40 seconds to boot with modern PC and start browsing internet
and finish downloading first google page.

So, OK I admit that wouldn't have worked.
So next up is some deliberate vandalism and sabotage.

Lets yank out the ethernet cable and then run firefox.

<yank!>

Err... nope - no failure - firefox is still working!!!!

Doh!!

Its still working if you live in London (or any major UK city)
and you have a wifi on your PC/netbook and you are signed
up for BT Openzone. They have 2.8 million wifi sites around
all the major cities and towns:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25812

flatfish+++

May 22, 2011, 8:59:15 AM5/22/11
On Sun, 22 May 2011 07:52:25 +0100, 7 wrote:

> How to attempt to create a bug with Ubuntu

Installing Ubuntu is usually more than enough to "create" tons of bugs.

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=326

Now trundle along and go help out some of these poor victims Mein Führer
of COLA.

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

Hadron

May 22, 2011, 9:02:49 AM5/22/11
flatfish+++ <flat...@marianatrench.com> writes:

> On Sun, 22 May 2011 07:52:25 +0100, 7 wrote:
>
>> How to attempt to create a bug with Ubuntu
>
> Installing Ubuntu is usually more than enough to "create" tons of bugs.

Clarification needed : to discover the existing bugs which are mostly
already logged and waiting for Keith and his army of Bearded Coders to
fix .. "for free"....

Homer

May 22, 2011, 2:32:54 PM5/22/11
Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:

> So next up is some deliberate vandalism and sabotage.

Even Chuck Norris can't sabotage Linux.

--
K. | "The poor have flat-screen TVs."
http://slated.org | ~ Libertarian propagandist Keith

Chris Ahlstrom

May 22, 2011, 3:07:32 PM5/22/11
Homer wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
>
>> So next up is some deliberate vandalism and sabotage.
>
> Even Chuck Norris can't sabotage Linux.

Chuck Norris doesn't reboot Windows... he roundhouse-kicks it back online.

--
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

flatfish+++

May 22, 2011, 3:54:00 PM5/22/11
On Sun, 22 May 2011 19:32:54 +0100, Homer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
>
>> So next up is some deliberate vandalism and sabotage.
>
> Even Chuck Norris can't sabotage Linux.

That's true.
Linux is already sabotaged.

Homer

May 22, 2011, 3:51:07 PM5/22/11
Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

> Homer wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
>>
>>> So next up is some deliberate vandalism and sabotage.
>>
>> Even Chuck Norris can't sabotage Linux.
>
> Chuck Norris doesn't reboot Windows... he roundhouse-kicks it back
> online.

If Chuck Norris has 56 cents, and Bill Gates has 56 billion dollars,
Chuck Norris has more money.

flatfish+++

May 22, 2011, 4:36:11 PM5/22/11
On Sun, 22 May 2011 20:51:07 +0100, Homer wrote:

> If Chuck Norris has 56 cents, and Bill Gates has 56 billion dollars,
> Chuck Norris has more money.

Haha.
And that's the truth!

William Poaster

May 22, 2011, 6:34:14 PM5/22/11

> Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
>
>> So next up is some deliberate vandalism and sabotage.
>
> Even Chuck Norris can't sabotage Linux.

DFS & Hadron can!! <grin>

--
XPN :: http://xpn.altervista.org
"Microsoft has vast resources, literally billions of dollars in cash, or liquid assets reserves.

flatfish+++

May 22, 2011, 6:40:44 PM5/22/11
On Sun, 22 May 2011 23:34:14 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

>> Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
>>
>>> So next up is some deliberate vandalism and sabotage.
>>
>> Even Chuck Norris can't sabotage Linux.
>
> DFS & Hadron can!! <grin>

Of course they can.
DFS and Hadron as well as myself have actually used Linux.
We know it's sabotaged by itself.

I doubt Chuck Norris even knows what it is.

If I were advocating Linux to Chuck Norris I would point him toward
Marti or Shearman as die "hard" Linux users........

That would be, ahem, interesting.

Don't you think?

Homer

May 23, 2011, 12:01:59 AM5/23/11
Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:

>> Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
>>
>>> So next up is some deliberate vandalism and sabotage.
>>
>> Even Chuck Norris can't sabotage Linux.
>
> DFS & Hadron can!! <grin>

They can try.

--
K. | "The poor have flat-screen TVs."
http://slated.org | ~ Libertarian propagandist Keith
Fedora 8 (Werewolf) on šky | Curtis, explaining why he thinks

kernel 2.6.31.5, up 97 days | we shouldn't tax the rich.

7

May 23, 2011, 2:33:42 PM5/23/11
Homer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:

>>> Even Chuck Norris can't sabotage Linux.
>>
>> DFS & Hadron can!! <grin>
>
> They can try.

I'd like to offer a third explanation.
Linux can seen when dofoo or quack is coming.
Its a little bit of code AI code in the webcam
driver that some joker put in and others
have applauded over.