Another top 100 "linuxl00n" smash-hit hits the charts

Marti van Lin

Jan 4, 2011, 1:15:07 PM1/4/11
Poor Flatfish, Doh!

My latest creation hit #29 in the Electronica > Electronica chart on
http://www.soundclick.com

TechBytes Promo Song:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10052569

Made with 100% /FREE/ software, running under Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 and
10.10.

[Song Description]

Promotune for the TechBytes Audiocast @ http://techbytes.techrights.org
Hosted by Tim (Goblin) of http://openbytes.wordpress.com, Dr. Roy S.
Schestowitz of http://techrights.org and Gordon Parker of
http://gbplinux.blogspot.

[/Song Description]

[Lyrics]

The OpenBytes Statement Text To Speech sample:

"Celebrating FOSS, exposing FUD and the underhanded practices of some
proprietary companies".

[/Lyrics]

That's my second "smash-hit" within a year. How many /self composed/ and
/self performed/ hits did you score Flatfish?

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin, alias ML2MST
|_|_|0| Registered GNU/Linux user 513040
|0|0|0| http://www.soundclick.com/martivanlin

Juan

Jan 4, 2011, 1:24:42 PM1/4/11
On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 19:15:07 +0100, Marti van Lin wrote:

> Poor Flatfish, Doh!
>
> My latest creation hit #29 in the Electronica > Electronica chart on
> http://www.soundclick.com
>
> TechBytes Promo Song:
>
> http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10052569
>
> Made with 100% /FREE/ software, running under Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 and
> 10.10.
>
> [Song Description]
>
> Promotune for the TechBytes Audiocast @ http://techbytes.techrights.org
> Hosted by Tim (Goblin) of http://openbytes.wordpress.com, Dr. Roy S.
> Schestowitz of http://techrights.org and Gordon Parker of
> http://gbplinux.blogspot.
>
> [/Song Description]
>
> [Lyrics]
>
> The OpenBytes Statement Text To Speech sample:
>
> "Celebrating FOSS, exposing FUD and the underhanded practices of some
> proprietary companies".
>
> [/Lyrics]
>
> That's my second "smash-hit" within a year. How many /self composed/ and
> /self performed/ hits did you score Flatfish?

Complete noise.
If they use that song as bumper music they are out of their minds.

God bless ya though Marti!
You're making music and I'm sure somewhere there is an audience for
it.

Clogwog

Jan 4, 2011, 1:45:33 PM1/4/11
"Marti van Lin" <ml2...@dontevenbother.invalid> schreef in bericht

> Poor Flatfish, Doh!
>
> My latest creation hit #29 in the Electronica > Electronica chart on
> http://www.soundclick.com

http://www.soundclick.com/genres/charts.cfm?genre=Electronic&genreid=17&showonly=0&orderCharts=1&advstate=0&advcountry=0&advvip=0&advfeatured=0&advsigned=2&subgenreid=73&currentPage=2

:-? #29 in the Electronica Chart is HASSAN

#49, Marti van Lin, why are you lying?

> TechBytes Promo Song:

Don't lie (again) "I fought the troll" by Tom Smith is the promo song.

> http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10052569

Terrible boring noise!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

> Made with 100% FREE software, running under Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 and
> 10.10.

That's OK.

> [Song Description]
>
> Promotune for the TechBytes Audiocast @ http://techbytes.techrights.org
> Hosted by Tim (Goblin) of http://openbytes.wordpress.com, Dr. Roy S.
> Schestowitz of http://techrights.org and Gordon Parker of
> http://gbplinux.blogspot.
>
> [/Song Description]
>
> [Lyrics]
>
> The OpenBytes Statement Text To Speech sample:
>
> "Celebrating FOSS, exposing FUD and the underhanded practices of some
> proprietary companies".

Go here, FOSS sucks!
http://gng.z505.com/cult.htm

Clogwog

Jan 4, 2011, 2:02:13 PM1/4/11
"Juan" <skibu...@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht

I like it that he makes 100% /FREE/ software music, though I don't like the
genre.
Unlike Kohlkopf and Ahlstrom (Windows SW developers) he's a good advocate
for Linux.
I wonder why he's lying so much, these days, probably to impress his
masters, Roy, Tim and Gordon.
He's "not amused" by the fact that he's not the chosen one for the promotune
for the TechBytes Audiocast , I bet!
Poor (s)Marti!, he tried so hard!

Juan

Jan 4, 2011, 2:27:33 PM1/4/11

Not my genre either but from the first time he posted his music I
gave him credit for at least practicing what he preaches.

That *is* good Linux advocacy, no doubt about it.

> I wonder why he's lying so much, these days, probably to impress his
> masters, Roy, Tim and Gordon.

He shouldn't have to worry about that.

Marti seems to be a "what you see is what you get" type of person.
He probably has a good heart and kind soul and he really should just
continue to do his own thing and forget about what others think or
say about him.

What's important is what *he* feels about himself because he only
has to answer to himself.

> He's "not amused" by the fact that he's not the chosen one for the promotune
> for the TechBytes Audiocast , I bet!
> Poor (s)Marti!, he tried so hard!

The music is just too far out there.

Bumper/promo music needs to entice the listener into tuning in or at
the very least not changing the dial before the show even starts.

The "I shot The Troll" bumper music was hysterical IMHO.

I'm sure they will put Marti on a show or two just so they can rub
it in our faces but they are crazy if they use that tune on a
regular basis.
It's just too strange.

Clogwog

Jan 4, 2011, 3:03:59 PM1/4/11
"Marti van Lin" <ml2...@dontevenbother.invalid> schreef in bericht
> Poor Flatfish, Doh!
>
> My latest creation hit #29 in the Electronica > Electronica chart on
> http://www.soundclick.com
>
> TechBytes Promo Song:
>
> http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10052569
>
> Made with 100% FREE software, running under Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 and

> 10.10.
>
> [Song Description]
>
> Promotune for the TechBytes Audiocast @ http://techbytes.techrights.org
> Hosted by Tim (Goblin) of http://openbytes.wordpress.com, Dr. Roy S.
> Schestowitz of http://techrights.org and Gordon Parker of
> http://gbplinux.blogspot.

Huh???, not this COLA loon Gortard I hope? , Gordon *Sinclair* , you mean?
"Hi, my name is Gordon Sinclair, I am a Linux user and FOSS (Free & Open
Source Software) advocate"
http://thistleweb.co.uk/
Have you been smoking pot again, Marti?

Juan

Jan 4, 2011, 3:32:23 PM1/4/11

Actually if you listen to the Techbytes audio casts, Gordon is
pretty moderate and seems to have a more reasonable approach to
Linux and so forth.

Even Goblin is more reasonable in "person" than he appears in COLA.

Roy OTH is just off the wall.

For example, in Episode 23, Goblin, an X-Box user and Gordon start
mentioning that the X-Box and the connect gadget were huge sales
hits during the holiday season.

Of course Spamowitz jumps in and starts the old "the figures are
bogus, the articles suspect and so forth".

Roy is really the oddball on those shows.