Gooblin, I listened to the entire Techloons 47

1 view

DFS

May 23, 2011, 2:01:18 AM5/23/11
Made some notes along the way:

General observations:
* opening ditty proves you guys are pwned by "trolls"

* Gooblin sounds like the hungry Orc in LOTR ("Yeah... why can't we have
some meat?!")

* Spamowitz sounds like

* I played the audio via
techrights http://techrights.org/2011/05/21/techbytes-episode-47/

Ask Spamowitz why user can't change the volume. And ask him why the
slider/time indicator stays at the far right. My guess is bad Spamowitz
programming - but I bet Microsoft is at fault somehow.

My notes of the Goob and Spam show 47:

spam says he uses the computer at least 15 hours per day.

DFS comment: Scary.

spam: asks goob to tell us banshee was developed by novell, using mono,
so it's a patent risk, and MS won't promise not to sue. Something about
Canonical wanted commissions from sale of music via banshee.

goob says no problems or lags or hangs in Ubuntu 11.04 whatsoever. Later
claims Banshee lags "stood out like a sore thumb" when he first tried 11.04.

spam: whines about mono. Says mono api not very good

spam: office and windows is declining

spam: MS down to #3, maybe down to #5 in <1 year

goob: Ballmer out of touch, avoiding the truth, Linux users paid for
humble indy bundle, win users are fleeced for os and office software

DFS comment: you bozos are fleecing each other. The world runs
screaming to Redmond every day of this world, flinging money at them
like there's no tomorrow. $60 billion in revenue last year.

spam: hasn't used ms office since the '90s

spam: win + office piracy rates high, almost nobody pays for office or
photoshop

DFS comment: lies and bullshit. MS Office 2007 and 2010 are huge sellers

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-9861625-56.html

http://www.infoworld.com/t/applications/microsoft-office-2007-retail-hit-npd-says-217

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9207138/Office_2010_sales_power_record_Microsoft_quarter

Plus, piracy rates aren't nearly as high as you wacks think:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/3703560/Kiwis-go-unrewarded-for-low-piracy-rates

goob: plays a good song

spam: praises opensuse includes unity (copyrighted by canonical) as a
package option

spam: people don't know value of or what "free" means - they just want
want it to work.

DFS comment: heh! Way to explain why Linux will never catch on.

spam: puffs himself up for starting an identi.ca controversy

ARound 36:30

goob: MS doesn't have success they wanted w/ Win7

spam: Win7 not a success, MS couldn't produce the fake numbers or stuff
the channel

DFS comment: When the subject turned to Microsoft and Win7, both goob
and spam started getting very excited and talking loud and fast. Hilarious!

Around 38:30
spam: <10% adopted Win7 year after release

spam: 1 in 10 around him run Win7, mostly home users

DFS comment: actual Win7 market share is now 2.5 in 10

spam: MS wants to exclude people with iPHones

goob: MS\Win rumors, BBC Click, blogger rumor, MS might be buying Nokia

spam: some blogger has good history, nokia won't answer, so blogger
rumor is probably true

spam: disturbing, if Nokia collapses because of MS the entire country of
Finland will be mad, since everyone knows or is related to Nokia
employees, Finland "may move to Linux in some ways, I don't know"

DFS comment: Finland will move to Linux the day I do

goob: The Tunnel, a creative commons film, horror movie, avail on Vodo,
didn't finish watching it, watched 30-45 minutes, looks excellent, high
prod values

DFS comment: it was so good you couldn't even finish watching it. Sounds
like Linux.

goob: Babylon project, game, space sim,

spam: not optimistic about meego unless intel works with it

spamowitz: plays crappy electronica song

goob: ms watch went downhill after jo wilcox left

spam: jo wilcox wrote good articles for cnet. Writes about MS vs apple.
betanews is a MS-oftian site.

spam: ms watch is pretty much dead, groklaw is doing pretty well

DFS comment: I bet if we look at # of subscribers, comments, etc, it's
the other way around. Why don't you wackos back up your claims?

spam: didn't know name was 'chromebooks', says users have less control
than if they have local binaries, so Chromebooks worse than proprietary

goob: 'horses for courses', likes Google Docs, uses caution when using cloud

spam: google docs needs to include .odf support, save as .ods doesn't
work right

spam: MS Office 365 (something about acryonym POS), downtime of 19 hours

goob: blah blah blah

spam: MS Danger/Sidekick - users lost all addresses, had no backup,
1-day downtime, maybe 3-days

DFS comment: funny how neither of you silly hypocrites mentioned
Linux-hosted Google Gmail was down 6x in 8 months for a total of 59 hours

http://www.pcworld.com/article/160153/gmail_outage_marks_sixth_downtime_in_eight_months.html

spam: uses Netsweep?, my choice to use

spam: against cloud, users helpless (RMS against proprietary code - have
to beg developers to fix broken software).

DFS comment: idiots. Ubuntu victims have been begging developers for
years to fix the random freezing and lockups. No help in sight.

spam: tried to reform Novell, almost all C** mgrs have left Novell
1) Novell has case vs MS from '90s, wants litigation to move forward
2) SCO name change

spam: Attachmate has a mysterious structure, owned by Wizard software,
had to borrow money, hedge funds in cayman islands, tried to force
Novell to sell itself, blah blah blah, MS wanted to dismantle Novell
asap, nothing is conclusive, someone may want Novell to drop cases
against MS

goob: Well OK then... (quickly moves on)

DFS comment: It's clear you're embarrassed, and have nothing to add to
the rambling loonie idiocy of the sick little moron.

spam: talked with people who had iPhones. We need to be concerned about
Apple, people take insults about iPhone personally, they insulted spam
when he insulted apple/jobs.

spam: we need to change the culture to get over insults,
Apple like Scientology in some ways.

DFS comment: Note the sheer hypocrisy of an OSS "advocate" - whining
about apple people "attacking" him.

goob: Well OK then... (quickly moves on)

goob: greedy car thieves - nice software, impressive

goob: thanks Wintrolls

DFS comment: pwned by "Wintrolls"!

spamowitz: better song than his 1st

All in all: long and boooorrriinnnggggg!!! A mild-languaged version of
the things we discuss in cola, with less meat and details. Had the
usual Spamowitz lies and hypocrisy and uninformed idiocy and paranoia.

On your blog you call these interviews, but you didn't really interview
spam - it was just a discussion. Naturally, you let him run roughshod
over the truth. You could've and should've made him explain his loonie
crap about who owns Attachmate. And show him Win7 is far more popular
than he claims. And ask him to explain why he thinks Apple advocates
shouldn't attack him.

Also: I can read a LOT faster than you guys can speak, and with better
comprehension, so I'll need a transcript if I'm going to tune in again.

flatfish+++

May 23, 2011, 11:11:51 AM5/23/11
On Mon, 23 May 2011 02:01:18 -0400, DFS wrote:

> Made some notes along the way:
>
> General observations:
> * opening ditty proves you guys are pwned by "trolls"
>
> * Gooblin sounds like the hungry Orc in LOTR ("Yeah... why can't we have
> some meat?!")
>
> * Spamowitz sounds like

Spamowitz sounds seriously screwed up.

It's the weirdest accent I have ever heard.

Especially when he says "company" or "companies".

He sounds retarded.

> * I played the audio via
> techrights http://techrights.org/2011/05/21/techbytes-episode-47/
>
> Ask Spamowitz why user can't change the volume. And ask him why the
> slider/time indicator stays at the far right. My guess is bad Spamowitz
> programming - but I bet Microsoft is at fault somehow.

No doubt...

Good review.

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

Goblin

May 23, 2011, 1:37:35 PM5/23/11
On 23/05/11 07:01, DFS wrote:
> goob says no problems or lags or hangs in Ubuntu 11.04 whatsoever. Later
> claims Banshee lags "stood out like a sore thumb" when he first tried
> 11.04.

Thats a complete lie. I did not have any problems. Read my review.
The TechBytes show was going after that. I was talking Unity. Since Im
using Audacity/Audacious anyway out of choice then the banshee issue was
something rectified. I also stressed that this was on my rig and Ive
had nothing to suggest anyone else has had the issue.

Get your facts correct troll.

As for Ballmer being out of touch - You don't agree? Fine. State why.
What was his score on CEO popularity again? How is he perceived?

Don't answer infact, this will probably drop you in it like the Kin
conversation did.

I was answering this post of yours as I was reading it....then I
realized you had spent so much of your time going through each
bit......Wow...you've really put effort into this, but I can't be
bothered to respond to you. If it had been someone of any credibility I
would have.

Suffice to say, I will mention the trouble you've been to on the next
show. Just proves the saying that when you are doing something right,
the Wintrolls come a running.

Thank you for the compliment of spending so much time on it....I will
look forward to your breakdown of the next ep.

One thing though to confirm:

You say: "On your blog you call these interviews,"

Liar. I havent done the interview with Roy where I put to him the
questions that were presented to me by others.

Thanks for listening though, I'll let you know when I do the Q&A with Roy.

Cheers

--
Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! - http://www.openbytes.tk
"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."

BytesMedia: www.bytesmedia.co.uk

Email: bytes...@googlemail.com

Skype: tim.openbytes
Twitter: twitter.com/_goblin
Identi.ca: identi.ca/openbytes

RayLopez99

May 24, 2011, 5:33:04 PM5/24/11
On May 23, 1:01 pm, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
> Made some notes along the way:
>
> General observations:

> Ask Spamowitz why user can't change the volume.  And ask him why the

> slider/time indicator stays at the far right.  My guess is bad Spamowitz
> programming - but I bet Microsoft is at fault somehow.
>
> My notes of the Goob and Spam show 47:
> =========================================================================== ==
>
> spam says he uses the computer at least 15 hours per day.
>

> Also: I can read a LOT faster than you guys can speak, and with better
> comprehension, so I'll need a transcript if I'm going to tune in again.

Where's the link to this DFS? THough I rather spend the time surfing
free porn... not caught a virus yet BTW.

RL

DFS

May 24, 2011, 9:03:18 PM5/24/11

It was in the original post - why did you snip it?

http://techrights.org/2011/05/21/techbytes-episode-47/

RayLopez99

May 25, 2011, 5:31:49 AM5/25/11

I expected some audiovisual presentation, but instead this directs to
a folder that has a bunch of stories. Wait...Ok clicking on the icon
gives you a choice of audio files to download.... Dr. Spam with some
gay looking guy in a black hat.

I'm not going to waste time on this...I'll take your word for it that
it was a waste of time.

RL

DFS

May 25, 2011, 1:10:41 PM5/25/11
On 5/25/2011 5:31 AM, RayLopez99 wrote:

>> http://techrights.org/2011/05/21/techbytes-episode-47/
>
> I expected some audiovisual presentation, but instead this directs to
> a folder that has a bunch of stories. Wait...Ok clicking on the icon
> gives you a choice of audio files to download.... Dr. Spam with some
> gay looking guy in a black hat.

ha! That would be Gooblin, trying to look like an American cowboy.

A black cowboy hat and a prissy British accent just doesn't work.

> I'm not going to waste time on this...I'll take your word for it that
> it was a waste of time.

It is.

flatfish+++

May 25, 2011, 1:15:44 PM5/25/11
On Wed, 25 May 2011 13:10:41 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 5/25/2011 5:31 AM, RayLopez99 wrote:
>

>>> http://techrights.org/2011/05/21/techbytes-episode-47/
>>
>> I expected some audiovisual presentation, but instead this directs to
>> a folder that has a bunch of stories. Wait...Ok clicking on the icon
>> gives you a choice of audio files to download.... Dr. Spam with some
>> gay looking guy in a black hat.
>

> ha! That would be Gooblin, trying to look like an American cowboy.
>
> A black cowboy hat and a prissy British accent just doesn't work.

Yep.

Kind of reminds me of this one:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2008/06/06/brokebackmountain460.jpg

>> I'm not going to waste time on this...I'll take your word for it that
>> it was a waste of time.
>
> It is.

Entertainment value as background noise.
A friend of mine uses one of their older episodes to teach his students
how NOT to record a pod cast.