Sweaty Ballmer finds a new job

Homer

Sep 8, 2010, 11:16:11 AM9/8/10
Apparently the guy in this video has just retired, opening up a new vacancy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vAfXNzXueE

Sweaty the Impaler is well qualified for the position:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL4hyATkQ74

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
|("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
| ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5
16:15:39 up 3 days, 23:34, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

nessuno

Sep 8, 2010, 12:03:15 PM9/8/10
On Sep 8, 8:16 am, Homer <use...@slated.org> wrote:
> Apparently the guy in this video has just retired, opening up a new vacancy:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vAfXNzXueE
>
> Sweaty the Impaler is well qualified for the position:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL4hyATkQ74
>
> --
> K.http://slated.org

> .----
> |    "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
> |("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
> |    ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
> `----
>
> Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5
>  16:15:39 up 3 days, 23:34,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

Ballmer is under a lot of pressure these days. He may have to leave.
It's possible he will be replaced by somone more competent, in which
case Microsoft might start to compete by means other than bribery,
skulduggery, and locking customers in. In other words, they might
start to actually innovate something and make something customers
actually want to buy. But it would be a big cultural shift at the
company.

Microsoft's failure in smart phones and entertainment (except maybe
Xbox) is a big problem. It's not just that Apple is taking "food off
their plate", as Ballmer says. If it were just a matter of conceding
the smart phone and music player market to Apple it would be one
thing. But Android is coming up as a big problem, not just because
Microsoft would like to be raking in those dollars. A big problem is
that Android runs under Linux, and it's not just going to be phones,
it's going to be pads too. If iPad and competitors really take off
(as they seem to be doing), a lot of people are finally going to
figure out that they don't care what the OS is as long as it lets them
get their work done. Good for Linux, at least Android, bad for
Microsoft.

A friend was showing me her iPad recently. I'd never played with
one. She travels a lot on business, and says one great advantage of
it is that if she takes her laptop, the hotels charge $15/hour to
connect to the internet. On the iPad, its contained in the phone
subscription. That's a cost, too, of course, but it can be used
anywhere and the $15/hour hit on every hotel stay adds up pretty quick
to make the iPad purchase a good deal. Android pads, sooner or later,
will offer the same advantages.

Homer

Sep 8, 2010, 6:59:33 PM9/8/10
Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno spake thusly:

> Ballmer is under a lot of pressure these days. He may have to leave.
> It's possible he will be replaced by somone more competent, in which
> case Microsoft might start to compete by means other than bribery,
> skulduggery, and locking customers in.

IME their twisted attitude towards "business" is endemic throughout the
entire company. Look at their Swedish division, who bribed ISO delegates
to support OOXML, for example, and were then half-heartedly chastised by
Ballmer for being "over enthusiastic". AFAICT there's certainly a lot of
such "enthusiasm" for Microsoft's racketeering within the Vole's ranks,
so I doubt if the appointment of a new corporate henchman is really
going to change that.

Look at how DFS & Co. vehemently support Microsoft's racketeering, for
example, like they're well within their rights to do it, and call the EU
Commission "scum" for daring to challenge the legitimacy of such
"business" ethics. And /they/ are just a bunch of Microsoft
/cheerleaders/ on the sidelines (presumably), not Microsoft employees.
Imagine what the dilberts /inside/ Vole HQ are like. Heck, Miguel de
Icaza was only in the building for *five minutes* for a job interview,
before they tainted him with their twisted propaganda. Now he's
Microsoft's pet monkey, MVP extraordinaire, and an anti-freedom fanatic
threatening to withdraw Gnome from the GNU Foundation.

So don't get your hopes up for the "next Ballmer". All the Vole's
minions are tainted with the same disease.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
|("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
| ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

23:59:10 up 4 days, 7:17, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

chrisv

Sep 9, 2010, 3:59:52 PM9/9/10
Homer wrote:

>Sweaty the Impaler is well qualified for the position:
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL4hyATkQ74

How embarrassing.

Wow. Windows 1.0. That must have a doozy.

Larry Qualig probably rushed right out and bought it.

Homer

Sep 9, 2010, 6:09:08 PM9/9/10
Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:

Reversi!!!

Can you believe it???

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
|("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
| ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

23:07:57 up 5 days, 6:26, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.10, 0.02

One Shot, One Kill

Sep 10, 2010, 8:50:43 AM9/10/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

chrisv is a liar. chrisv is a stupid piece of shit.

chrisv

Sep 10, 2010, 8:54:59 AM9/10/10
Homer wrote:

> chrisv spake thusly:
>>
>> Wow. Windows 1.0. That must have been a doozy.

>Reversi!!!
>
>Can you believe it???

Hey, they had me at the clock! 8)

It's quite clear that M$ was out-innovating everyone else - Amiga,
Mac, Atari.... (rolling eyes)

One Shot, One Kill

Sep 10, 2010, 8:57:38 AM9/10/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

A lying scumbag piece of shit like you should drink a bottle of anti-freeze
and do the world a favor you fscking piece of shit.

Homer

Sep 10, 2010, 12:39:55 PM9/10/10
Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:
> Homer wrote:
>> chrisv spake thusly:
>>>
>>> Wow. Windows 1.0. That must have been a doozy.
>>
>> Reversi!!!
>>
>> Can you believe it???
>
> Hey, they had me at the clock! 8)

Sweaty had me with that stunning jacket.

> It's quite clear that M$ was out-innovating everyone else - Amiga,
> Mac, Atari.... (rolling eyes)

Yeah! Pft, who needed real-time graphics and pre-emptive multitasking,
when you could have a low-res photo of Crocket's car ... and Reversi???

And the clock! Oh, the clock!!! How I yearned for one of those.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| You can't make an omelet without building some bridges
| ... but don't count your bridges until they've hatched
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

17:39:38 up 6 days, 58 min, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

DFS

Sep 10, 2010, 3:07:50 PM9/10/10
On 9/10/2010 12:39 PM, Homer wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:
>> Homer wrote:
>>> chrisv spake thusly:

>>> Reversi!!!
>>>
>>> Can you believe it???
>>
>> Hey, they had me at the clock! 8)
>
> Sweaty had me with that stunning jacket.
>
>> It's quite clear that M$ was out-innovating everyone else - Amiga,
>> Mac, Atari.... (rolling eyes)
>
> Yeah! Pft, who needed real-time graphics and pre-emptive multitasking,
> when you could have a low-res photo of Crocket's car ... and Reversi???
>
> And the clock! Oh, the clock!!! How I yearned for one of those.

Has KDE even learned to draw a clock yet?

It used to look like this:
http://www.polzer-sw.com/files/pictures/stories/2008/kde4/kde4-2.png

<gasping at the kualitee "work" done by hobby developers>

Message has been deleted

DFS

Sep 10, 2010, 3:24:29 PM9/10/10
On 9/10/2010 3:10 PM, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:07:50 -0400, DFS<nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
>

>> Has KDE even learned to draw a clock yet?
>>
>> It used to look like this:
>> http://www.polzer-sw.com/files/pictures/stories/2008/kde4/kde4-2.png
>>

>> <gasping at the kualitee "work" done by hobby developers>
>
> Give them time.
>
> They're working on it!
>
> At least the numbers are in the correct order!

With Linux, you give thanks for small miracles...