Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

How to use cp/m 86 under dosemu on linux

Visto 21 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Julián Albo

no leída,
26 nov 2004, 10:57:2026/11/04
Hello.

A few days ago I readed this page:

http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/Unix/Cpmemu/

That explains how to run cp/m 86 under dosemu. Here are the results of my
reading of it and my own experiences.

First, the diskette image for starting: I used the "CP/M-86 binary for
1.44mb flpppys" from http://www.cpm.z80.de/binary.html I used win98se in
dos mode to write the image to a diskette, then used dd on linux to copy
the diskette to a disk file.

Then, prepare the hard disk image to install cp/m 86 on it. The page says
that you can use mkhdimage for that, but my version of dosemu lacks it,
instead it has another utility called mkfatimage16 that creates a hard disk
image filled with a dos partition. What I do was to start dosemu using this
image as second hard disk, and delete the partition using fdisk.

Then cp/m 86 can be started: I put the following in .dosemurc

$_vbootfloppy="144cmp86.img"

$_hdimage="cpm86hd.img"

And ready, cp/86 starts and HDMAINT can be used to partition the hard disk,
follow the instructions in the page for that. When ready comment the
bootfloppy line in .dosemurc and cp/m 86 starts from the hard disk image.

Now the transference of files between cp/m 86 and linux: the page says that
you can use the utilities in http://www.moria.de/~michael/cpmtools/ to do
that, but apparently they can't work with a 1.44 diskette image. Someone
has a configuration file patched to do it?

I used then the "FILE XFER UTILITIES" from http://www.cpm.z80.de/binary.html
by putting them in a directory usable under dosemu. Instead of create a
hard disk image with a ms-dos and a cp/m 86 partition, as the page
suggests, what I do is to copy the files in a directory, start dosemu using
msdos in this directory and the cp/m 86 hard disk image as second hard
disk, then use pcopy to transfer the files to the cp/m 86 image, then
restart dosemu with cp/m 86. Surely there will be a more simple way

And that's all. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

--
Salu2

Julián Albo

no leída,
26 nov 2004, 11:01:1626/11/04
Julián Albo wrote:

I forget to say: many thanks to all the people that wrote and make available
all the information and software used.

--
Salu2

0 mensajes nuevos