S-100 Sound Effects

BrightFame

Sep 26, 2008, 8:47:14 AM9/26/08
I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box with my Clock Calendar
card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card. I am going to be
downsizing my Computer Collection and will be offering these cards
along with the rest of my S-!00 Collection.
Got a Teletek Systemaster 65K CP/m SBC that used to work. even a boot
floppy and Docs. Got a Mariposa Design 64K Static Memory Board plus
Manual.;
Even have a Tarbell SBC 8-16 that used to run Got all the Boots and
Docs
Boy Am I Puter POOR. Got a N* Horizon and a ton of Cards thats up for
Grabs.
Got a Cromemco ZPU and a 16K static card Plus an 8K ByteSaver fully
populated sans Proms.
Got a ADS Promblaster wating for one chip. Found one at Unicorn but
need to sell something to get the Bread to purchase
Got a Advanced Digital Corp S-100 MFM Controller but not sure of its
Status.
Got a Tarbell FDC 1011C and a 1011D Fully populated that ought to work
Got two Vector Graphic CPUs and a Z80
Got some spare Compu-Pro cards 8085, Disk1 that needs fixing, Disk3,
couple RAM22.s RAM17.s Interfacer 3 and 4 that I may put up if the
price is right

Dave Dunfield

Sep 26, 2008, 9:55:41 AM9/26/08
BrightFame <treb...@execpc.com> wrote:

>I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box with my Clock Calendar
>card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
>BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card.

Is it like ths one:

http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/s100c/index.htm

(Look for "sound" under the misc. cards entry near the bottom).

If so, I have the manual for it posted there.

Dave

--
dave06a@ Low-cost firmware development tools: www.dunfield.com
dunfield. Classic computer collection: www.classiccmp.org/dunfield

Herb Johnson

Sep 26, 2008, 1:24:28 PM9/26/08
On Sep 26, 9:55 am, Dave.Dunfi...@use.techsupport.link.on.my.website
(Dave Dunfield) wrote:

> BrightFame <trebo...@execpc.com> wrote:
> >I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box with my Clock Calendar
> >card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
> >BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card.

D.R.C. is probably Digital Research Computers or Digital Research
Corp., Texas.

I list S-100 card manufacturers on this Web page:

http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/s100.html#LISTS

...but I don't have a sound effects card manual for that brand.

Herb Johnson
retrotechnology.com

Thomas "Todd" Fischer

Sep 26, 2008, 1:50:48 PM9/26/08

"BrightFame" <treb...@execpc.com> wrote in message

I have several of the manuals for the DRC S-100 Sound Effects board. We
used to OEM them for use in our video game products. The board is IO-mapped
to any 4 contiguous ports, and uses two General Instruments AY-3-8910 sound
ICs. Along with the hardware manual came a hard copy of DRCs Sound Command
Language manual, and a copy of GI's AT-3-8910/8912 Programmable Sound
Generator Data Manual.

BrightFame

Sep 27, 2008, 8:00:29 AM9/27/08

> TOPIC: S-100 Sound Effects
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.cpm/browse_thread/thread/e647475aa89d74b5?hl=en
> == 1 of 4 ==
> Date: Fri, Sep 26 2008 5:47 am
> From: BrightFame
>
> == 2 of 4 ==
> Date: Fri, Sep 26 2008 6:55 am
> From: Dave.D...@use.techsupport.link.on.my.website (Dave Dunfield)

> BrightFame <treb...@execpc.com> wrote:
>> I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box with my Clock Calendar
>> card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
>> BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card.
>> Is it like ths one:
YUP
Dave let me know if your interested in any of my STUFF

>> http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/s100c/index.htm
> == 4 of 4 ==
> Date: Fri, Sep 26 2008 10:50 am
> From: "Thomas \"Todd\" Fischer"

> "BrightFame" <treb...@execpc.com> wrote in message
>>
> I have several of the manuals for the DRC S-100 Sound Effects board. We
> used to OEM them for use in our video game products. The board is IO-mapped
> to any 4 contiguous ports, and uses two General Instruments AY-3-8910 sound
> ICs. Along with the hardware manual came a hard copy of DRCs Sound Command
> Language manual, and a copy of GI's AT-3-8910/8912 Programmable Sound
> Generator Data Manual.
Contac me E-Mail is good

BrightFame

Oct 1, 2008, 12:31:50 PM10/1/08
On Sep 26, 7:47 am, BrightFame <trebo...@execpc.com> wrote:
> I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box THIS Has been sold

> with my Clock Calendar card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
> BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card. I am going to be downsizing my Computer Collection and will be offering these cards along with the rest of my S-!00 Collection.
Got a Teletek Systemaster 65K CP/m SBC that used to work. even a boot
floppy and Docs. THIS Has been sold