Do you REALLY want to do something about CDA???

A.Lizard

Feb 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/23/96
Turning your Web pages black and marches on Washington are NOT
going to stop CDA. I think the black Web pages were just
jacking off by people who should know better. Nobody took any
risks, and nobody really accomplished anything by it. So we got a
few minutes of airtime showing black Web pages and talking heads.
SO WHAT?

HOW THE HELL ARE BLACK WEB PAGES SHOWN ON TV SUPPOSED TO IMPRESS
PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT A WEB PAGE IS???

Most Americans don't HAVE Web access and don't give a shit about
civil liberties unless their restriction affects them personally.

*** QUOTE OR POST THE BIBLE IN AMERICA - GO TO JAIL!!! *IS*
something that EVERYBODY, wired or unwired will get. While most
Americans don't give a damn about censorship, they still think of
America as a "free" country, whatever that means. Jailing people
for quoting the Bible or making it available does NOT happen in a
free country and EVERYBODY knows it. This is something even the
unwired Christian Coalition members will get.

*** Is freedom of speech in cyberspace worth taking risks for? I
think it is.

*** Is the freedom to conduct business in cyberspace worth
risking jail for? I think it is.

You want to do something EFFECTIVE to fight the CDA? Join the
Reptilian Alliance for Freedom NOW!!! No meetings, no leaders,
no membership dues. I may be able to arrange to get a cool
icon for Web sites supporting this by putting an offensive verse
on their home pages. :-) It'll go well with your "Blue Ribbon".
If you want the icon or are willing to work with me on making
one, catch me in E-mail with the subject line REPTILIAN ALLIANCE.

You join by copying my .sig file into your .sig or Web home
page. Alternately, find another equally offensive Bible verse,
any translation you like. Better to indicate the translation,
some people won't believe what they see and will want to look it
up themselves. The critical parts are: 1) Quote the relevant part
of the CDA as I did. 2) Put in a Bible verse that OBVIOUSLY
violates it.

From the Bible (KJV)
Rabshakeh asks: "Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to
thee, to speak these words? Hath he not sent me to the men which
sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink
their own piss with you?" II Kings 18:27 AND Isaiah 36:12

Break the law EVERY time you send E-mail or post to Usenet. All
you have to do is spend a few minutes with a text editor. In the
unlikely event that the Feds actually want you, they will be in
touch. An arrest of anybody for quoting the Bible or putting the
full text of the Bible on the Net WILL will hit CNN and the
networks. INSTANT and FAVORABLE media coverage and LOTS OF IT.

Or, put the full text of the Bible on your ftp or Web site, point
out the most offensive portions, and announce where kids can get
copies. If the Feds DON'T prosecute references to eating
excrement and explicit sexual references deliberately addressed
to kids even if they ARE in the Bible, CDA is DEAD.

If enough of you join me in this, we'll get media time anyway.
After it hits the news, a lot of angry unwired citizens will be
asking their Congressmorons just what the hell is going on even
before the Feds start making arrests. I ask you to do this NOW!!!
The rest of these posts can wait. A.Lizard

--
The Communications Decency Act:
"Any comment, request, suggestion, proposal, image or other

If this be pornography, make the most of it.
From the Bible:
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of
donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. (Ezekiel 23:20)

*** PGP2.6.2 public key available via finger or key server or request ***
*** If all else fails, the backup is ali...@terminal-one.com ***
*** You can join the Reptilian Alliance for Freedom by copying the ***
*** CDA and Bible verse from this .sig . More info at ***

John Lewis

Feb 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/24/96

:

--
Write and Call your senators, Congressman! After all many people
have to work for a living and can't demostrate on the steps of the

http://www.oro.net/~smokey
(Who's view is the right view?)
(Censorship also hurts your views.)