Сomma in the dnsbl feature error message.

1 view

sci...@mail.ru

Feb 4, 2009, 11:06:23 AM2/4/09
My sugestion is to add in the README info about inadmissibility of
using comma in the error message of FEATURE(dnsbl). There are other
appropriate symbols.

Yes, comma is used as arguments delimiter.
New comma leads to skipping of error string ($#error) . Therefore mail
from any blacklisted IP reaches destination address.
My problem was in the difficulty to determine problem. When i was
asked "How did this SPAM get through" it took a lot of time and effort
to determine what was wrong. After all comparison symbol by symbol
helped us.

F.e.
old_sendmail.mc includes the following:
FEATURE(`dnsbl', `cbl.abuseat.org', `"550 Mail from " $&{client_addr}
" rejected - see
cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip="$&{client_addr}')

new_sendmail.mc includes the following:
FEATURE(`dnsbl', `cbl.abuseat.org', `"550 Mail from " $&{client_addr}
" rejected , see
cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip="$&{client_addr}')

diff old_sendmail.mc new_sendmail.mc
R<?>$+ $#error $@ 5.7.1 $: "550 Mail from " $&{client_addr} "
rejected - see
cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip="$&{client_addr}

dnsbl section in the new_sendmail.cf is:
# DNS based IP address spam list cbl.abuseat.org
R$* $: $&{client_addr}
R$-.$-.$-.$- $: <?> $(dnsbl $4.$3.$2.$1.cbl.abuseat.org. $:
OK $)
R<?>OK $: OKSOFAR
R<?>$+<TMP> $: TMPOK

P.S. For those who knows Russian
Source is here http://www.opennet.ru/openforum/vsluhforumID1/83868.html

Claus Aßmann

Feb 6, 2009, 11:02:17 AM2/6/09
wrote:

> My sugestion is to add in the README info about inadmissibility of
> using comma in the error message of FEATURE(dnsbl). There are other
> appropriate symbols.

Use double quotes for arguments that contain commas.
See cf/README for some hints.
| A BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO M4 |