Can I check relation between user's email and user's AUTH ID in new Sendmail 8.10 (like in Netscape Mail Server)?

Ruslan Altynnikov

Mar 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/17/00
Hi!
I have installed Sendmail 8.10 (release) and SASL 1.5.15.
I use AUTH feature.
I want to rewrite Sender email address using virtusertable and userid.
Can I do it?

Wait any opinions.

Claus Assmann

Mar 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/17/00
Ruslan Altynnikov wrote:

> I have installed Sendmail 8.10 (release) and SASL 1.5.15.
> I use AUTH feature.
> I want to rewrite Sender email address using virtusertable and userid.
> Can I do it?

What exactly do you mean? Incoming mail can be re-routed with
virtusertable. To rewrite sender addresses, genericstable is used.
Do you want to use the authentication id as sender address? Please
explain.
--
If you feel the urgent wish to send me a courtesy copy of a Usenet
posting, then make sure it's recognizable as such!

Claus Assmann

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
Ruslan Altynnikov wrote:

> My plan is using generisctable (name --> email), but I want get name =
> userid (SMTP AUTH).
> Can I do it?

Yes.
You can either simply replace the address by $&{auth_authen} or
deny access if $&f is different from it. The exact details depend
on whether you use authentication mechanisms that support realms
and whether you want to support multiple domains.

Theoretically you can use the macro storage map to store $&{auth_authen}
in $f... You have to play around with that.

Ruslan Altynnikov

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00

Claus Assmann <ca+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@mine.informatik.uni-kiel.de>
wrote in message news:fstua8...@zardoc.endmail.org...

> Ruslan Altynnikov wrote:
>
> > I have installed Sendmail 8.10 (release) and SASL 1.5.15.
> > I use AUTH feature.
> > I want to rewrite Sender email address using virtusertable and userid.
> > Can I do it?
>
> What exactly do you mean? Incoming mail can be re-routed with
> virtusertable. To rewrite sender addresses, genericstable is used.
> Do you want to use the authentication id as sender address? Please
> explain.
I want rewrite Sender address outgoing mail.

My plan is using generisctable (name --> email), but I want get name =
userid (SMTP AUTH).
Can I do it?
I want exactly know that user has sent this mail,
because everybody can write in Sender address that he want.
I use for anti-spam - feature(relay_entire_domain).
I try to use genericstable, but it can't help me, then someone write in
Sender address -
Do_not_exi...@mydomain.com.

Thanks for your attention.