Where is $@ OK explained?

Kyle Tucker

Jun 18, 2002, 1:23:01 PM6/18/02
Hi all,
I've been away from sendmail rulesets for
some time and now that I'm digging into anti-spam
rulesets, I'm back into it. Since 8.10.x I've seen
references in the rulesets to RHS use of strings
like $@ OK and $@ OKSOFAR, but I can't find when
or where these are explained. I believe it was
just introduced in 8.10 or so. I know I'm missing
something really basic here, but just can't find
it. Thanks.

--
- Kyle

Claus Aßmann

Jun 18, 2002, 1:37:40 PM6/18/02
Kyle Tucker wrote:

$@ is explained in doc/op/op.*

If you refer to check_* rulesets then see the same document.

5.1.4. Ruleset hooks

A few extra rulesets are defined as "hooks"
that can be defined to get special features. They
are all named rulesets. The "check_*" forms all
give accept/reject status; falling off the end or
returning normally is an accept, and resolving to
$#error is a reject. Many of these can also
resolve to the special mailer name $#discard; this
accepts the message as though it were successful
but then discards it without delivery. Note, this
mailer cannot be chosen as a mailer in ruleset 0.

-> It doesn't matter what's after $@, I could as well have
used "42", "Kilroy was here", or "It's a kind of magic",
but "OK", "OKSOFAR", "RELAY", etc seem to make more sense
:-)

--
If you feel the urgent wish to send me a courtesy copy of a Usenet
posting, then make sure it's recognizable as such!