whitelist

Gary

Nov 19, 2004, 11:53:03 PM11/19/04
We have a list of valid addresses for every domain and want to implement a
whitelist that only allows sendmail to forward mail for delivery if the
address being sent to is in our database.

Can sendmail do this somehow ?

Gary

George Bell

Nov 20, 2004, 9:23:03 AM11/20/04
Gary wrote:

Spamassassin, which can be integrated into sendmail, has a whitelist.

George
--
#
#...

Gary

Nov 20, 2004, 11:31:30 AM11/20/04

"George Bell" <mastero...@netscape.net> wrote in message

Probably explained thids badly. I only want to forward mail to a domain
(SMTP Gateway) if they are valid users of that domain. The whitelist
referenced above seems to say anyone from xyz domain is allowed to send to
one of my domains or accounts.

For instance only gary and john exist at xyz.com so an e-mail to
fr...@xyz.com should be rejected. One client is being bombarded with e-mails
to people that do not exist in their company and we need to stop these
before they even reach the clients gateway.

Gary

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Nov 20, 2004, 12:43:35 PM11/20/04

You can put the valid addresses in virtusertable, and bounce the rest:

@xyz.com ERROR:5.1.1:550 User unknown

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Kari Hurtta

Nov 20, 2004, 3:13:04 PM11/20/04
"Gary" <rea...@netlink.info> writes:

Perhaps following
http://groups.google.fi/groups?selm=5d1xgyzbc4.fsf_-_%40attruh.keh.iki.fi

Rulesets quoted on here.

/usr/local/mail/tables/valid.domain is list of forwarded
domains to be checked

/usr/local/mail/tables/valid is database (format:
address OK )

====================

dnl # is CommungatePro mailbox separator
define(`confOPERATORS',confOPERATORS`\#')

LOCAL_CONFIG
Kvalid hash /usr/local/mail/tables/valid
C{valid}Postmaster
F{vdomain}/usr/local/mail/tables/valid.domain

LOCAL_RULE_0
R $* <@$={vdomain}.> $1 <@ $2 . > $| $(valid $1@$2 $: BAD $) < ${opMode} >
R $={valid} <@ $* .> $| $* <$-> $1 <@ $2 .> # short circuit check if local part on $={valid}
R $* <@ $* .> $| $* <i> $1 <@ $2 .> # No check when building alias