Size based Message Routing

AngelEyes

Jul 22, 2009, 12:50:29 PM7/22/09
I am using Sendmail 8.13.8. I need help with routing messages based on
size.
So I can route 20MB message to IPa and 10MB to IPb.
Any help please!!!!

Andrzej Adam Filip

Jul 24, 2009, 4:19:23 AM7/24/09
AngelEyes <chi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Routing based on message size is possible via sendmail.cf changes and it
is not too complicated to implement.

I have posted here (*long* time ago) recipes how to do it but google
shows posts with "dead" link to dejanews [google "forgotten" the
referenced article].

AFAIR the only really tricky part in implementing routing based on
${msg_size} and arith map was to avoid "at once" delivery attempts
[ e.g. by using "expensive" flag in mailers] because ${msg_size}
was not reliable for in "at once routing" (before message body is
fully transmitted).

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : an...@onet.eu : Andrze...@gmail.com
Open-Sendmail: http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/