Content-Type text/html

Friedrich Remmert

Sep 8, 2009, 10:54:31 AM9/8/09

I would like to send a html-mail body. How could I set my mail client
(mail/nail) to set this content type for the body (not for an attachment)?

Thank's
fr.

J.O. Aho

Sep 8, 2009, 11:52:03 AM9/8/09
Friedrich Remmert wrote:

> I would like to send a html-mail body. How could I set my mail client
> (mail/nail) to set this content type for the body (not for an attachment)?

That depends on your mail client, you should ask the question at a newsgroup
which has something to do with your mail client or one that is generally for
mail clients.

This newsgroup is for questions related to the MTA called sendmail.
For more info see: www.sendmail.org

--

//Aho

Friedrich Remmert

Sep 8, 2009, 12:41:53 PM9/8/09
J.O. Aho wrote:

Thank's for the hint. But I could not find such a group.

Is it possible to give sendmail an inputstream with a properly formed mail
body? I mean:

sendmail -s Subject anyone@anydomain < MIME-Version: 1.0
From: sender@mydomain
EMPTY-LINE
...Message in HTML...
END-OF-INPUTSTREAM

Thank You!
fr.

David F. Skoll

Sep 8, 2009, 11:55:25 PM9/8/09
Friedrich Remmert wrote:

> Is it possible to give sendmail an inputstream with a properly formed mail
> body? I mean:

Yes, absolutely.

> sendmail -s Subject anyone@anydomain < MIME-Version: 1.0
> From: sender@mydomain
> EMPTY-LINE
> ...Message in HTML...
> END-OF-INPUTSTREAM

Well, the syntax is a bit off... you want:

sendmail -oi -- any...@anydomain.com <<'EOF'
Subject: Here is some annoying HTML mail
To: <any...@anydomain.com>
From: <som...@somewhere.com>