milter + get smtp reply code

Danny

Jul 21, 2009, 6:02:31 AM7/21/09
Hi all,

Does anybody knows if it possible to get the smtp reply code within a milter
application, generated by a ruleset (for example check_relay)?

Regards,
Danny

D. Stussy

Jul 21, 2009, 4:59:38 PM7/21/09
"Danny" <nospamATwork.local> wrote in message

> Does anybody knows if it possible to get the smtp reply code within a
milter
> application, generated by a ruleset (for example check_relay)?

Milters don't use sendmail's rulesets.

If you're asking if a ruleset can use a milter's results, NO. The Rulesets
seem to be called BEFORE the corresponding milter call. (I have not
verified that by looking at the source).

jma...@ttec.com

Jul 26, 2009, 10:09:57 AM7/26/09

Your answer is completely correct, unless you patch. Then all kinds of
things are possible.

The patchset is not compatible past 8.13.8 (yet).

http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#milter-rrres.v16