To alter Full Name part in the From header depending on receipient's domain (cyrillic->latin)

sci...@mail.ru

Feb 24, 2009, 9:15:21 AM2/24/09
The staff wants "From" field of their mail will be rewritten to latin
if these messages go to domain in any zone except zone "ru".

I tried to use MasqHdr ruleset but it deals only with address part of
From header.

I can route this mail (based on sender's address and recipient domain)
to local mailer in the LOCAL_RULE_0, then alter Full Name with
procmail and send mail to destination.
But that way I expect problem with Bcc.

So probably there is more correct and easy way to do this.
Any ideas?
P.S. Making MUA's Full Name in latin letters is unacceptable.
Mail for recipients in zone "ru" must have Full Name in cyrillic
letters.

Grant Taylor

Feb 24, 2009, 10:04:03 AM2/24/09
On 02/24/09 08:15, sci...@mail.ru wrote:
> Any ideas?

I doubt that you will find a decent way to have Sendmail its self do
what you are wanting to do. I suspect that you will have much better
luck getting a milter, say MIMEDefang, to do what you are after,
especially with the condition on where the message recipient.

Grant. . . .