Multiple aliases files

Jim Richey

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

Is there a way to get sendmail to use more than one aliases file? I'd
like to seperate our user aliases from out majordomo mailing list
aliases by putting them into two seperate aliases files. How can I get
sendmail to load both files into the database when I run newaliases?

Jim Richey
jri...@highmark.com
Highmark, Inc.
http://www.highmark.com

Remove xx to reply

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98
to jri...@highmark.com

Re: Multiple aliases files, Jim <jri...@highmark.com> said:

Jim> Is there a way to get sendmail to use more than one
Jim> aliases file?

define(`ALIAS_FILE',`/path/to/system/aliases,/path/to/majordomo/aliases')

in the m4 source produces:

# location of alias file
O AliasFile=/path/to/system/aliases,/path/to/majordomo/aliases

in the .cf file.

hth,
tony

Andrzej Filip

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98
to Jim Richey

Jim Richey wrote:

> Is there a way to get sendmail to use more than one aliases file? I'd
> like to seperate our user aliases from out majordomo mailing list
> aliases by putting them into two seperate aliases files. How can I get
> sendmail to load both files into the database when I run newaliases?

/etc/sendmail.cf
O AliasFile=/etc/aliases,/etc/aliases2

The Bat Book 2nd ed, 34.8.1

--
People don't pay for technology.
They pay for what they get from technology.

Delian Delchev

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

Jim Richey wrote:

> Is there a way to get sendmail to use more than one aliases file? I'd
> like to seperate our user aliases from out majordomo mailing list
> aliases by putting them into two seperate aliases files. How can I get
> sendmail to load both files into the database when I run newaliases?
>
> Jim Richey
> jri...@highmark.com
> Highmark, Inc.
> http://www.highmark.com
Yes, if you add multiple OAalias_file lines in your sendmail.cf file
--
Delian Delchev http://www.naturella.com/~delian