Only allow specific users in access or virtuser or anything

bards1888

Dec 9, 2004, 8:02:06 AM12/9/04
I've been searching and reading for hours on this one....

I have a mail gateway with the latest sendmail + mimedefang +
spamassasin etc and I would like to *ONLY* recieve mail for 2 or 3 users
at my domain. That is I would like to do something like this in access;

-------------------------------------

To:sa...@mydomain.com RELAY
To:in...@mydomain.com RELAY

@mydomain.com ERROR:5.1.1:550 User does not exist on this system

-------------------------------------

I have a mailertable entry for the real final destination for the domain
and it checks for valid users etc, but I think that is too late in the
process and I'd like to reject without receiving the mail.

I've read there are many options, LDAP, milter-ahead, milter-spf etc,
but what I'd like to know is how can I do this without another bolt-on
piece of software ? Can I used virtuser or is that for local delivery only.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Bards.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Dec 9, 2004, 11:28:32 AM12/9/04
bards1888 wrote:
> ... and I would like to *ONLY* recieve mail for 2 or 3 users
> at my domain.

That's best handled in virtusertable.

postm...@mydomain.com info
ab...@mydomain.com info
sa...@mydomain.com sales
in...@mydomain.com info

@mydomain.com ERROR:5.1.1:550 User does not exist on this system

(I added two addresses that should always be there.)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Thomas Schulz

Dec 9, 2004, 2:46:58 PM12/9/04
In article <31r0meF...@individual.net>,

bards1888 <bard...@yahoo.com.au.au> wrote:
>I've been searching and reading for hours on this one....
>

>I have a mail gateway with the latest sendmail + mimedefang +
>spamassasin etc and I would like to *ONLY* recieve mail for 2 or 3 users
>at my domain. That is I would like to do something like this in access;
>

>-------------------------------------
>
>To:sa...@mydomain.com RELAY
>To:in...@mydomain.com RELAY
>

>@mydomain.com ERROR:5.1.1:550 User does not exist on this system

You might try

To:mydomain.com ERROR:5.1.1:550 User does not exist on this system

in you access file with the other entries as you entered them. We use
that here, but we do not use mailertable or virtuser so I don't know if
they interact with access.

--
Tom Schulz
sch...@adi.com

Per Hedeland

Dec 9, 2004, 3:09:23 PM12/9/04

<bard...@yahoo.com.au.au> writes:

>I have a mail gateway with the latest sendmail + mimedefang +
>spamassasin etc and I would like to *ONLY* recieve mail for 2 or 3 users
>at my domain. That is I would like to do something like this in access;
>

>-------------------------------------
>
>To:sa...@mydomain.com RELAY
>To:in...@mydomain.com RELAY
>

>@mydomain.com ERROR:5.1.1:550 User does not exist on this system
>
>-------------------------------------

Make the LHS of that last line 'To:mydomain.com' instead, and use
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients'), and you're almost there. The missing
part is that to take the user-part of the recipient address into account
for relay-allow, you need to use sendmail 8.13 and the undocumented
feature

define(`_RELAY_FULL_ADDR_', `1')

I would have given you a Google reference here, but it seems Google
Groups have been utterly destroyed. Sigh, why can't they just follow the
venerable "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"...

--Per Hedeland
p...@hedeland.org

bards

Dec 9, 2004, 6:13:56 PM12/9/04
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
> bards1888 wrote:
>
>> ... and I would like to *ONLY* recieve mail for 2 or 3 users at my
>> domain.
>

> That's best handled in virtusertable.
>
> postm...@mydomain.com info
> ab...@mydomain.com info
> sa...@mydomain.com sales
> in...@mydomain.com info
> @mydomain.com ERROR:5.1.1:550 User does not exist on this system
>
> (I added two addresses that should always be there.)

Would this only work for local delivery/users ?

This machine is a gateway or relay to the real mailserver for the domain
in question.

Cheers.

bards

Dec 9, 2004, 6:29:38 PM12/9/04

Thanks Per,

that works like a charm.

Thanks again.

Bards.

Obantec Support

Dec 10, 2004, 2:42:59 PM12/10/04
"Gunnar Hjalmarsson" <nor...@gunnar.cc> wrote in message

I have been using this method but it bounces back to the "spammer".
Is there a way to combine with access and use DISCARD ?

So only the required 2 or 3 aliases get thru and the rest are discarded

Mark