Handling sites that don't support plussed addressing

Jake Di Toro

Oct 21, 2003, 4:47:39 PM10/21/03
I've run across a few sites that don't handle plussed addressing in
thier submission forms. Instead of making a new alias for these sites
I'm trying to fake them out. A friend of mine uses postfix and has a
virtual table entry that does the following:

pcre.virtual.first:/^(.*)-plus-(.*)\@(domain\.com)$/ $1+$2@$3

is there anyway to emulate this in the virtusertable, I'm thinking no.
If so am I forced to use a rewrite rule? Any pointers on where to go
for that, because what I've found doing a few searches has not
inspired me to take this on.

Andrzej Filip

Oct 22, 2003, 5:49:00 AM10/22/03

You can use regex map (regular expressions) after LOCAL_RULE_0 to rewrite
user-plu...@local.domain into user+...@local.domain.

1) Check if your sendmail supports regular expressions

sendmail -d0.1 -bv root | grep MAP_REGEX

2) Add the following lines in your *.mc file
[put tab between $* and $: in R line]:

LOCAL_CONFIG
Kplus regex -s1,2 -d+ ^([0-9a-z]{1,32})-plus-([0-9a-z]{1,16})$
LOCAL_RULE_0
R$+ <@$=w.> $* $: $(plus $1 $: $1 $) <@$2.> $3

P.S.
You may consider using less restrictive regular expressions.
The one I posted limits user part to 32 alphanumerics and detail to 16
alphanumerics.

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/
an...@priv.onet.pl an...@xl.wp.pl [former: an...@Box43.pl]

Jake Di Toro

Oct 22, 2003, 1:37:42 PM10/22/03
Thank you sir, that worked like a champ. And ya I did lighten up the
restrictions some, I don't mind longer email addys as long as the
server can handle it.