wish re View selected URL "foo"

瀏覽次數:2 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

NM Public

未讀,
2005年9月18日 凌晨2:56:532005/9/18
收件者:
I often use the Mac OS X Terminal to ssh to a remote system and
run Pine remotely. One of the nice things about OS X Terminal is
that you can use CMD-double click to launch a URL in a viewer on
the *local* system. Most of the time this works great, but there
are a few situations where it doesn't and since I've heard
rumblings of an upcoming Pine release, I thought I'd mention it
now.

When I view an HTML message in Pine, a link is often displayed
like this

click here

If I press ENTER on "click here", Pine gives this prompt:

View selected URL "http://example.com" ?

Since I want to view this URL in a browser on my *local* system,
I CMD-double click it, but this does not work because the
quotation marks are part of the selection. If this were changed

View selected URL <http://example.com> ?

my guess is that CMD-double clicking would work. (Because
CMD-double click seems to always work on a URL that is surround
by angle brackets.) Also, my guess is that just using spaces
would work too, e.g.:

View selected URL http://example.com ?

What do other people think about this? Any chance this could be
changed in the next release?!

Thanks,
Nancy
(looking forward to Pine 4.64)

--
Nancy McGough ~ <http://www.ii.com> ~ <http://deflexion.com>
IMAP, pine, procmail, data deflexion, infinity, and more
> > > Please keep the discussion in the group < < <

Udi Mottelo

未讀,
2005年9月18日 中午12:05:302005/9/18
收件者:NM Public
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, NM Public wrote:

> I often use the Mac OS X Terminal to ssh to a remote system and run Pine
> remotely. One of the nice things about OS X Terminal is that you can use
> CMD-double click to launch a URL in a viewer on the *local* system. Most of
> the time this works great, but there are a few situations where it doesn't
> and since I've heard rumblings of an upcoming Pine release, I thought I'd
> mention it now.
>
> When I view an HTML message in Pine, a link is often displayed like this
>
> click here
>
> If I press ENTER on "click here", Pine gives this prompt:
>
> View selected URL "http://example.com" ?
>
> Since I want to view this URL in a browser on my *local* system, I CMD-double
> click it, but this does not work because the quotation marks are part of the
> selection. If this were changed to
>
> View selected URL <http://example.com> ?
>
> my guess is that CMD-double clicking would work. (Because CMD-double click
> seems to always work on a URL that is surround by angle brackets.) Also, my
> guess is that just using spaces would work too, e.g.:
>
> View selected URL http://example.com ?
>
> What do other people think about this? Any chance this could be changed in
> the next release?!

Make sense. Yet, can't you set the End-Of-Word chars? In
X11 they call it "CHARACTER CLASSES": the group of the chars
that will be taken as word when you double click (I don't
have OS X but look at xterm manpage)

Bye,
Udi

Mark Crispin

未讀,
2005年9月18日 下午1:51:592005/9/18
收件者:
Just curious, is there some reason that you don't just hit return to
launch the URL instead of the three strokes of CMD click click?

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc

Liam Greenwood

未讀,
2005年9月18日 晚上11:28:332005/9/18
收件者:
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:51:59 -0700, Mark Crispin <m...@CAC.Washington.EDU> wrote:
> Just curious, is there some reason that you don't just hit return to
> launch the URL instead of the three strokes of CMD click click?

Because she is running Pine on a remote host, so return will attempt
to launch a browser on that host. What she described is MacOS opening
a browser on the *local* system with the selected text, regardless of
what the software is that you are running on the remote session.

Cheers, Liam

Mark Crispin

未讀,
2005年9月18日 晚上11:52:552005/9/18
收件者:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2005, Liam Greenwood wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:51:59 -0700, Mark Crispin <m...@CAC.Washington.EDU> wrote:
>> Just curious, is there some reason that you don't just hit return to
>> launch the URL instead of the three strokes of CMD click click?
> Because she is running Pine on a remote host, so return will attempt
> to launch a browser on that host. What she described is MacOS opening
> a browser on the *local* system with the selected text, regardless of
> what the software is that you are running on the remote session.

Ah, I understand now. Thanks.

0 則新訊息