NM Public

Jul 1, 2005, 12:29:56 PM7/1/05
On some of my IMAP accounts, I have some fairly deep mailbox
hierarchies. I'd like to be able to create a collection in Pine
that will display all my mailboxes in one collection. I can get
kind of what I want by using a folder collection like this:

{my.imap.server}[*/*]

This works pretty well because most of my mailboxes are in a
structure like this:

My IMAP Root
Active/
active1
active2
SBE/
sbe1
sbe2
Correspondence/
correspondence1
correspondence2

Using a [*/*] view gives me all the 2nd level mailboxes, i.e.:

Active/active1
Active/active2
SBE/sbe1
SBE/sbe2
Correspondence/correspondence1
Correspondence/correspondence2

And that's great, but I am wondering if it possible to get *all*
my mailboxes in one view? I tried using [*] but that seems to be
equivalent to []. Right now I'm using [*/*/*] to view all
mailboxes at the 3rd level, but this is kind of a pain.

Also:
* How is the % wildcard is supposed to work?
* Are there any other wildcards other than * and %?

Thank you,
Nancy

--
Nancy McGough ~ <http://www.ii.com> ~ <http://deflexion.com>
IMAP, pine, procmail, data deflexion, infinity, and more
> > > Please keep the discussion in the group < < <

Samuel W. Heywood

Jul 3, 2005, 10:18:31 PM7/3/05

Please explain with some more details about how you set that up.

I tried to set that up by following what I interpret from the example
you posted.

When I tried to access the folder I got prompted for a password,
then I entered my password, and all I got was an error message saying
"Could not select box".

Sam Heywood
-- Message handled by Pine, Version 4.61

NM Public

Jul 4, 2005, 3:56:12 AM7/4/05
On 3 Jul 2005, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, NM Public wrote:
>
>> Using a [*/*] view gives me all the 2nd level mailboxes, i.e.:
>>
>> Active/active1
>> Active/active2
>> SBE/sbe1
>> SBE/sbe2
>> Correspondence/correspondence1
>> Correspondence/correspondence2
>
> Please explain with some more details about how you set that up.

The easiest way to do this is to type:

M Main
S Setup
L collectionLists

and then edit the 'View' field of the collection, e.g.:

View : */*

or if the IMAP hierarchy delimiter is dot (.), use this:

View : *.*

I've written about this in the 'Collection Tips' section of my
Power Pine page, which is here:

<http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#folderTips>

When I wrote '[*/*]' in my previous message, I was referring to
the syntax that is used when you directly edit the pinerc file.

Hope this makes sense,