mailcap question

Gerald Willmann

Dec 2, 2009, 9:43:08 AM12/2/09
hi there: I'm receiving more and more docx files and have the following
mailcap entry
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document; soffice -no-oosplash -writer '%s'; edit=soffice -no-oosplash -writer '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"; description="Office Open XML Document"; nametemplate=%s.docx
Problem is that when I open the attachment from within pine openoffice
presents me with a long list of possible filters.
It only seems to do this b/c the file it's asked to open, namely
/tmp/img..., does not have a docx extention. When I ask openoffice
to open the same file with the extension added it comes up w/o any need to
choose a filter. Is there a way to have pine add the extension to the
temporary image file in /tmp? thanks, Gerald

Lucas Levrel

Dec 2, 2009, 11:01:44 AM12/2/09
Le 2 décembre 2009, Gerald Willmann a écrit :

> application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;
> soffice -no-oosplash -writer '%s'; edit=soffice -no-oosplash -writer '%s';
> test=test -n "$DISPLAY"; description="Office Open XML Document";
> nametemplate=%s.docx

> Is there a way to have pine add the extension to the

> temporary image file in /tmp?

It seems that's the role of nametemplate=... So pine doesn't obey it?
Maybe worth a bug report.

Anyway you may try this workaround: replacing
> soffice -no-oosplash -writer '%s';
by:
cp -f '%s' /tmp/foo.docx\; soffice -no-oosplash -writer /tmp/foo.docx;

--
LL

Gerald Willmann

Dec 3, 2009, 3:00:14 AM12/3/09
On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Lucas Levrel wrote:

> Le 2 décembre 2009, Gerald Willmann a écrit :
>
>> application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;
>> soffice -no-oosplash -writer '%s'; edit=soffice -no-oosplash -writer '%s';
>> test=test -n "$DISPLAY"; description="Office Open XML Document";
>> nametemplate=%s.docx
>> Is there a way to have pine add the extension to the
>> temporary image file in /tmp?
>
> It seems that's the role of nametemplate=... So pine doesn't obey it?
> Maybe worth a bug report.

guess the relevant people are reading this ng

> Anyway you may try this workaround: replacing
>> soffice -no-oosplash -writer '%s';
> by:
> cp -f '%s' /tmp/foo.docx\; soffice -no-oosplash -writer /tmp/foo.docx;

yes, that works. merci beaucoup, Gerald

Erik Quaeghebeur

Dec 4, 2009, 8:34:17 PM12/4/09

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Gerald Willmann wrote:

> guess the relevant people are reading this ng

But it never hurts ;-):
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2909140&group_id=264924&atid=1128048

Erik

Mark Crispin

Dec 4, 2009, 11:51:44 PM12/4/09
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Gerald Willmann posted:

> guess the relevant people are reading this ng

That is a very poor assumption. UW's newsgroup server shut down over a
year ago, so the old UW team probably has not seen anything here since
then. I will soon be exiting the newsgroups as well. I guess that
Eduardo might still read newsgroups.

You should post Pine/Alpine issues to the mailing lists. The people doing
any development are the re-alpine folks.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc

cha...@washington.edu

Dec 9, 2009, 9:36:36 PM12/9/09
On Dec 4, 10:51 pm, Mark Crispin <m...@panda.com> wrote:
> I will soon be exiting the newsgroups as well.

:|

> I guess that Eduardo might still read newsgroups.

I still do, but since I do not have a good interface (meaning one
attached to Alpine)
I forget to check as often as I normally used to do. I normally get
very late to all threads now.

> You should post Pine/Alpine issues to the mailing lists.  The people doing
> any development are the re-alpine folks.

And I still keep writing my patches. I finished one implementing the
nametemplate token for the mailcap file.

--
Eduardo
http://staff.washington.edu/chappa/alpine/