Did anyone see Pine v4.44 in tonight's 24 epiosde (5:00 PM - 6:00 PM)?

ANT...@zimage.com

Mar 7, 2006, 2:30:06 AM3/7/06
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=41844 (1.1 MB)

3 screen captures from HDTV recording. I wonder why Jack had to look at Pine's
configuration? ;)
--
"An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox." --Mexican Proverb
/\___/\
( )

Chris Lawrence

Mar 7, 2006, 3:40:24 PM3/7/06
On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, ANT...@zimage.com wrote:

> http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=41844 (1.1 MB)
>
> 3 screen captures from HDTV recording. I wonder why Jack had to look at Pine's
> configuration? ;)

Heh, and three times at once? Talk about .pinerc consistency issues!
I guess it looks suitably technical to the great unwashed and therefore
reinforces that his computer is hard at work, computing.

--
Chris

ANT...@zimage.com

Mar 7, 2006, 4:46:27 PM3/7/06
> > http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=41844 (1.1 MB)
> >
> > 3 screen captures from HDTV recording. I wonder why Jack had to look at Pine's
> > configuration? ;)

> Heh, and three times at once? Talk about .pinerc consistency issues!
> I guess it looks suitably technical to the great unwashed and therefore
> reinforces that his computer is hard at work, computing.

Hehe. I was laughing at this scene. Why the configurations? Sheesh.

Eduardo Chappa

Mar 7, 2006, 4:58:44 PM3/7/06
*** baAN...@zimage.com.comm wrote in comp.mail.pine today:

:) 3 screen captures from HDTV recording. I wonder why Jack had to look at
:) Pine's configuration? ;)

Hey, that's funny. I can't watch it live since I have a 2 year old that is
awake at that time. We usually record it, and then we have a marathon of
shows when we can watch it. We are three shows late already and last night
we missed the end, since my wife pressed the stop key before the show was
over, so I hope this was not at the end. (no spoilers please)

By the way, in which time zone is 24 from 5:00 to 6:00 pm? Are you getting
the broacast of the east time zone in the west coast or something similar?

--
Eduardo
Patches/Help: http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

ANT...@zimage.com

Mar 7, 2006, 11:52:19 PM3/7/06
Eduardo Chappa <cha...@math.washington.edu> wrote:
> *** baAN...@zimage.com.comm wrote in comp.mail.pine today:

> :) 3 screen captures from HDTV recording. I wonder why Jack had to look at
> :) Pine's configuration? ;)

> Hey, that's funny. I can't watch it live since I have a 2 year old that is
> awake at that time. We usually record it, and then we have a marathon of
> shows when we can watch it. We are three shows late already and last night
> we missed the end, since my wife pressed the stop key before the show was
> over, so I hope this was not at the end. (no spoilers please)

> By the way, in which time zone is 24 from 5:00 to 6:00 pm? Are you getting
> the broacast of the east time zone in the west coast or something similar?

I am in Pacific side. It was a new episode from season 5 from last night.

NM Public

Mar 8, 2006, 7:43:58 AM3/8/06
Sur 2006-03-07, ANT...@zimage.com skribis:

> http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=41844 (1.1 MB)
>
> 3 screen captures from HDTV recording. I wonder why Jack had to
> look at Pine's configuration? ;)

If you don't want to look at the Flash and pop-up ads on that
link, you can view the 1.1 MB image at this blog item that I just
posted:

Pine in Fortune magazine and on TV
<http://deflexion.com/2006/03/pine-in-fortune-magazine-and-on-tv>

If you just want to read this blog item and *not* view the 1.1 MB
image, look here:

March 2006 Reflexions
<http://deflexion.com/2006_03_01_reflexions>

Thank you to Ant for posting about this & giving me permission to
post this image and to Paul for posting about the Fortune
article.

Congrats to the Pine Team for getting all this excellent
unsolicited (*) PR for Pine!

Nancy

(*) I assume it's unsolicited, but maybe the UW has hired an
amazing Pine PR team :-) :-)

--
Nancy McGough ~ <http://www.ii.com> ~ <http://deflexion.com>

Chris Game

Mar 8, 2006, 12:39:32 PM3/8/06
NM Public wrote:

>> 3 screen captures from HDTV recording. I wonder why Jack had to
>> look at Pine's configuration? ;)
>
> If you don't want to look at the Flash and pop-up ads on that
> link, you can view the 1.1 MB image at this blog item that I just
> posted:

Which seems to show Chloe O'Brien rather than Jack. Great role model
for geeky females!

--
Chris Game

"When the winds of change blow, some people build walls, others
build windmills" -- Brian Maynes

Chris Lawrence

Mar 8, 2006, 3:22:40 PM3/8/06
On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, NM Public wrote:

> Congrats to the Pine Team for getting all this excellent unsolicited (*) PR
> for Pine!

Now we just need someone here in the UK to climb up Buckingham Palace
wearing a large conifer costume and refuse to come down :-)

--
Chris

Marshall Price

Feb 9, 2007, 6:37:11 AM2/9/07
I'm reading this with PC-Pine! (You might not be impressed, but I am.)

--
Marshall Price of Miami, FL
"Oh, to unfree one's heaven!"

Allodoxaphobia

Feb 9, 2007, 10:39:07 AM2/9/07
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 11:37:11 GMT, Marshall Price wrote:
> I'm reading this with PC-Pine! (You might not be impressed, but I am.)

Almost as impressive is the fact that you followed up to a nearly
year-old post.

alv...@xx.com

Feb 9, 2007, 1:24:29 PM2/9/07
Allodoxaphobia wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 Marshall Price wrote:
> > I'm reading this with PC-Pine!
>
> Almost as impressive is the fact that you followed up to a nearly
> year-old post.

I'm sure as heck glad he did because it was news to me. :)

Besides, usenet threads never die, they just get to where they don't
get posted-to so often. ;)

The "all about pine" webpage is going to keep me from asking so many
stupid questions when I get around to setting up a spam filter too.

Found that page because of Marshall's post to a year old thread. :)

Alvin using Pine and Tin+Pico in AZ

Michele Dondi

Feb 12, 2007, 2:41:21 PM2/12/07
On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:24:29 +0000 (UTC), alv...@XX.com wrote:

>> Almost as impressive is the fact that you followed up to a nearly
>> year-old post.
>
>I'm sure as heck glad he did because it was news to me. :)

me too!

Michele
.'KYU;*EVH[.FHF2W+#"\Z*5TI/ER<Z`S(G.DZZ9OX0Z')=~/./g)x2,$_,