Importing from mbox format?

online drifter

Aug 23, 2008, 1:49:10 PM8/23/08
I have been using Alpine (1.10 WinXP Pro) for my IMAP account via USB
thumb drive as a test. Like it so much that I wish to move my older
email messages from mbox (pop3) into a local storage (folder
colelction?!?) for use with Alpine.

Addressbook has been ported over, including distribution lists, rather
easy to say the least.

I can see how to export messages but not import. Can someone point me
to the proper manpage / website?

Will I have to setup a local IMAP server and move the mail that way?

Thank you.

Niklaus Kuehnis

Aug 23, 2008, 2:21:07 PM8/23/08

Add a maildrop with an 'empty value' as the destination 'server' and
a local file as the destination folder.
See http://staff.washington.edu/chappa/alpine/alpine-info/maildrop/

HTH,
Niklaus