Why can not get gmail by getmail

bowlderster

Oct 14, 2007, 9:40:38 AM10/14/07
Hi, all.
I want to get and send the gmail via mutt+msmtp+getmail.

Now, I can send email. The mutt works well. But it can not get email.

I think something might be wrong about the getmail setup.

I did as the following:
mkdir ~/.getmail
cd ./getmail
emacs getmailrc

#the following is the content of the getmailrc file
[retriever]
type = SimplePOP3SSLRetriever
server = pop.gmail.com
port = 995
username = bowld...@gmail.com
password = mypassword
#
[destination]
type = Maildir
path = ~/Mail/inbox/
#
[options]
verbose = 0
delete = true
message_log = ~/.getmail/getmail.log

But when mutt runs, it seems there are no email the the inbox.

and the getmail.log file does not exist.

Ofcourse, I have installed the getmail4.

Thank you for your kind and help.

======================================
Bowlderster

Chris

Oct 14, 2007, 7:03:05 PM10/14/07
* bowlderster <bowld...@gmail.com>:

I am guessing you have not yet run getmail. Try it from the command
line. And you can use the -d switch to delete mail off the server. If
all is well, you an always set up cron to run it as often as you wish.

Cheers,
Chris

bowlderster

Oct 15, 2007, 8:19:18 AM10/15/07
Chris <zero...@abc.com> writes:

Thank you for your help.
As you guess, the getmail does not start.
Now, it works well.

Bowlerster